The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 10:21 PM   #576
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Default Re: Batman Physique Thread

Affleck photo from yesterday. Looks to be on the right track.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #577
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperInfidelX View Post
I don't care what kind of "vitamins" Affleck uses to get there, but his physique for Batman should be that of a crossfit champion. Muscles too big would impede flexibility and agility. I see Batman as being the most fit person on earth, so he should look like it. I won't be impressed unless Affleck comes in looking like this:

You might as well say you won't be impressed if Affleck doesn't come in looking like this:

or this:

You can't have an unreal expectation as to how Affleck will end up looking. Affleck is an actor and probably could never look like the guy you posted or these guys. Because he doesn't train like them and hasn't trained like them for decades.

So don't expect Affleck to look like a crossfit champion of a fitness model, he'll look great but not that great.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #578
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

yeah, that standard is ridiculous to the extreme, it holds Batfleck to a higher standard than freakin Cavill.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:39 PM   #579
GreySpider
Bane Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
You might as well say you won't be impressed if Affleck doesn't come in looking like this:

or this:

You can't have an unreal expectation as to how Affleck will end up looking. Affleck is an actor and probably could never look like the guy you posted or these guys. Because he doesn't train like them and hasn't trained like them for decades.

So don't expect Affleck to look like a crossfit champion of a fitness model, he'll look great but not that great.
I dont mean to be putting words in his mouth, and he can correct me if im wrong, but i dont think those are his expectations. His whole point is that he doesnt expect it, but hell be IMPRESSED if he looks like that, and wont be if he just bulks up a bit or cuts some body fat. i agree, i expect him to get a bit bigger obviously, thats his job, but i wont be impressed unless he gives me what i consider a legitimate batman build, like that guy in SuperInfidels pic

Old 11-17-2013, 10:50 PM   #580
HUMANIMAL

well there you go...paint those bodies blue, gray or red and blue and you have a comic book accurate superhero

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 11-17-2013, 10:56 PM   #581
HUMANIMAL

now afleck just has to put on more weight...
despite the shredded look...
i want a muscle beefcake as batman and not some veiny shredded volverine guy of type...
batman has some weight on it ...like a heavy weight boxer...
yes, yes agile aswell...nevermind there are few clips of pro bodybuilders who can do saltos and stuff...its just ..
proportionwise to his head and height, he as to gain some more mass

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 11-17-2013, 11:00 PM   #582
HUMANIMAL

id say squads dead lifts and alot of pullups+ seryous focus on the triceps

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 11-17-2013, 11:04 PM   #583
HUMANIMAL

on the otherhand...the pressure he might already has, he just gives us a great performance and nails the character

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 11-17-2013, 11:07 PM   #584
HUMANIMAL

Quote:

yeah more toned you see he is working out. i watched the town and there was still some belly fat around...now i hope he is not just getting cut but also bulking up, no matter how much deffinition he loses...just get big ben...just get big

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 11-17-2013, 11:12 PM   #585
HUMANIMAL

just from this picture...he is gonna look huge in a two to three months...christmas is the perfect time to gain some weight;-)

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 11-17-2013, 11:23 PM   #586
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

I think Ben will do fine, I actually thought he looked great in The Town.

Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:51 PM   #587
Jekecy
Side-Kick

He looked fairly hefty only a couple months back and he's obviously slimmed down considerably since then. For any fitness experts out here, is it likely he's past the bulking state and is at the point where he's only cutting up now?

With only 2 months left to film and the suit undoubtedly finished, I can't imagine he's too far off from where he will be come production.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:54 PM   #588
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Going just by that pic he's already leagues (No pun intended) ahead of Kilmer, Clooney and Keaton.

I'd like to see him at least as big as Bale was in Begins though that might be a lot harder for him given his height and age.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:07 AM   #589
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Quote:

is this the only shirt he wears now? is it the same henley cavill wore in MOS?

Old 11-18-2013, 12:16 AM   #590
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
is this the only shirt he wears now? is it the same henley cavill wore in MOS?
Well, it was the only fitting shirt available in the Kent house.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 11-18-2013, 12:22 AM   #591
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekecy View Post
Well, it was the only fitting shirt available in the Kent house.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Batman v. Superman.

Batman going for where it hurts.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:23 AM   #592
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekecy View Post
He looked fairly hefty only a couple months back and he's obviously slimmed down considerably since then. For any fitness experts out here, is it likely he's past the bulking state and is at the point where he's only cutting up now?

With only 2 months left to film and the suit undoubtedly finished, I can't imagine he's too far off from where he will be come production.
He could easily be past the bulking but since he was in shape before the begining of his new regiment he could easily be doing both. He was a big guy to begin with so he didnt need to really "bulk" in the traditional sense but rather refine and add to what he had while changing his diet so as it will appear that he slimmed up but really not needing to full on cut. Cutting may only last a month or less but he will need to maintain what he has gained thus far unlike cavill who put a tremendous amount of weight for MOS and then had to maintain that because he seems to be naturally lean. Ben seems to be more genetically disposed to hold his weight but could lean when needed and little effort. What Twight did with Cavill was very different than what Ben will need to do.

Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:42 AM   #593
nouan
Banned User

His legs still look like no work has been done to them, so I would assume he is only starting.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #594
SuperInfidelX
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreySpider View Post
I dont mean to be putting words in his mouth, and he can correct me if im wrong, but i dont think those are his expectations. His whole point is that he doesnt expect it, but hell be IMPRESSED if he looks like that, and wont be if he just bulks up a bit or cuts some body fat. i agree, i expect him to get a bit bigger obviously, thats his job, but i wont be impressed unless he gives me what i consider a legitimate batman build, like that guy in SuperInfidels pic
Pretty much this. Batman is supposed to be at the peak of human conditioning. Although I've enjoyed watching some of the past Batman movies, I find it hard to grasp any actor who has portrayed him as in peak physical shape. To me, accurately representing the physicality is just as important as accurately depicting an accent or emotion. I'll be happy if he is as fit as Hugh Jackman was in the last Wolverine movie. I'll be very impressed if he gets in the shape of the pic I posted. Maybe it's not realistic for him, maybe it should be for the actor playing Batman. Just my opinion. Guess we'll just have to see...

Last edited by SuperInfidelX; 11-18-2013 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Aliens
Old 11-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #595
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:

It's like he has that goofy look on his face all the time...lol

I think he'll have the body for Bats...it's his Bruce I'm worried about.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:50 PM   #596
Vaibow
Side-Kick

he is taller than cavill, if he stood next to him now, although he wouldn't be as cut, he would be bigger! But Camera tricks will make him look huge regardless.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:05 PM   #597
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Yeah, I also think Cavill might wear some lifts when appropriate.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:41 PM   #598
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

The good thing is his face still looks fairly young for his age. As in, he only looks around 34/35 in the face, so if that's the age of Batman/ Bruce Wayne, I'm sure he'll do fine.

Also remember, he's a professional actor, not a professional body builder, he does not spend every single waking moment and second in the gym, so don't be too disappointed if he doesn't look like Arnold Schwarzenegger in the film.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2- April 16th
Old 11-19-2013, 10:59 PM   #599
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
The good thing is his face still looks fairly young for his age. As in, he only looks around 34/35 in the face, so if that's the age of Batman/ Bruce Wayne, I'm sure he'll do fine.

Also remember, he's a professional actor, not a professional body builder, he does not spend every single waking moment and second in the gym, so don't be too disappointed if he doesn't look like Arnold Schwarzenegger in the film.
I will be. The last time we got Arnold Schwarzenegger in a Batman movie, it was awesome.

Last edited by titansupes; 11-19-2013 at 11:02 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:11 AM   #600
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperInfidelX View Post
I don't care what kind of "vitamins" Affleck uses to get there, but his physique for Batman should be that of a crossfit champion. Muscles too big would impede flexibility and agility. I see Batman as being the most fit person on earth, so he should look like it.
Muscle mass doesn't impede flexibility or agility unless the person weight training is neglecting his/her stretching, balance, and cardio exercises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lime View Post
I think Affleck will be the hugest Batman we have seen on film
Unless he gets to work on that skinny lower body, that is not going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMANIMAL View Post
just from this picture...he is gonna look huge in a two to three months...christmas is the perfect time to gain some weight;-)
He's not even close to huge. He'll probably be decent enough to pull it off with costume enhancements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
It's like he has that goofy look on his face all the time...lol

I think he'll have the body for Bats...it's his Bruce I'm worried about.
He was able to subdue that, for the most part, as Daredevil. However, he'll have to take that to a whole never level as Bruce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
I will be. The last time we got Arnold Schwarzenegger in a Batman movie, it was awesome.
SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING! SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!