The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 01:14 AM   #701
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Default Re: Batman Physique Thread

And Ma Kent.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #702
Spamtron
THE MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
Batman tapped Superman's mum AND Green Lantern's girlfriend.
Wise already nabbed that line first Next.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:21 PM   #703
Hagakure
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamtron View Post
Weidman, at 6' 185 tops, looks to be in great physical condition, but he definitely looks like a slender middleweight.
Weidman weighs that little only for about an hour at the weigh-in. If I would have to guess, I'd say Weidman walks around at about 205-215 pounds. In the cage he weighs at least 200.

Even amateur fighters weigh 10-20 pounds less at the scale than in the cage/ring. And Weidman is a professional world champion.

And sticking to the topic, the ideal Batman physique in my opinion would look something like this:

Old 12-29-2013, 03:26 AM   #704
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
Batman tapped Superman's mum AND Green Lantern's girlfriend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
and Lois Lane, Black Widow, Gwen Stacy, and Uhura from Star Trek.
Yeah, but Superman nailed Alfred.

So = Winner.

Old 12-29-2013, 04:17 AM   #705
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
Yeah, but Superman nailed Alfred.

So = Winner.

Old 12-29-2013, 04:32 AM   #706
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

By god the DCCU is a randy place. Everyone's doing everyone and their moms & dads and husbands & wives and bfs & gfs and everyone else.

Old 12-29-2013, 05:39 AM   #707
DeGenerate10
Br Ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
By god the DCCU is a randy place. Everyone's doing everyone and their moms & dads and husbands & wives and bfs & gfs and everyone else.
And apparently butlers

Old 12-29-2013, 09:45 AM   #708
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Old 01-10-2014, 12:00 AM   #709
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Just to renew an old discussion again, pertaining to this movie, when during the promo of MOS, Twight and Snyder and Cavill claimed that he had achieved 3% body fat for the role, there were s******s of disbelief and that it was a tall and exaggerated claim to create hype about his transformation.

Now Andrew Garfield and his trainer claim that he achieved 4 % body fat on The Amazing Spider-man 2.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Charlie Hunnam claims he was 4.5 % body fat for Pacific Rim.
http://celebrity.yahoo.com/video/bra...001017017.html

Dunno if Garfield's claim is true because I haven't seen his film (neither do I want to, it looks awful) but Hunnam was pretty ripped in Pacific Rim.

Do these claims hold water?
And surely Cavill was way more ripped than either of these guys?

Old 01-10-2014, 12:06 AM   #710
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

I can only imagine what Jackman was at for Wolverine! Now he was ripped...can you have negative body fat?!

Old 01-10-2014, 12:11 AM   #711
georgec
Not a hero

TBH I think those claims are a little overreaching. 3-4% body fat is ridiculously low. Cavill certainly bulked up but he seemed to be around 7%. Same for Hunnam. Who knows...I don't think they have any reason to be dishonest or anything, and they have world class trainers and resources to measure their body fat. Just seems a bit lower than what I'd expect based on how they look(ed).

I'm not using this image as an exact tool, but it's a general indicator of what different percentages look like.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:14 AM   #712
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

I could see 20-22% for WW, but that's to assume Gal has any fat to start with...

Old 01-10-2014, 12:15 AM   #713
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

^...sorry, not the WW thread.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:26 AM   #714
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
TBH I think those claims are a little overreaching. 3-4% body fat is ridiculously low. Cavill certainly bulked up but he seemed to be around 7%. Same for Hunnam. Who knows...I don't think they have any reason to be dishonest or anything, and they have world class trainers and resources to measure their body fat. Just seems a bit lower than what I'd expect based on how they look(ed).

I'm not using this image as an exact tool, but it's a general indicator of what different percentages look like.

They're actors, their job is to be dishonest, quite a few bump up what their height is too. Andreas Munzer was famous for being able to remove all subcutaneous fat from his body during contest time, and basically look like he had no skin:

But even here he is still about 3% bf, do either Cavill or Hunam look as shredded?

Old 01-10-2014, 05:48 AM   #715
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

I really don't know why they need to brag about getting down to a specific % of bf.
Sure it's impressive and a sign of good determination and willpower but lower isn't always better (look-wise). I personally think it's the overall physique that matters.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 01-10-2014, 07:37 AM   #716
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Exactly, most people look ridiculous and, in my opinion, a bit disgusting when they go lower than 7%, Henry was probably between 7-12% and looked amazing.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:53 PM   #717
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Someone who was legit under even 7% body fat would look ridiculously vascular to the point it would probably turn off most casual people.

These claims these actors often make or are made for them are usually ridiculously inflated. They should just let their physiques speak for themselves and not need to inflate any stats.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:18 PM   #718
TerryMcGinnis
Batman Beyond

3% body fat is essential body fat for a man, meaning it's not even subcutaneous, it's around the organs, and if you drop lower than that, in all probability you die. The guys who actually reach those ridiculously low percentages make it their full-time job to do just that and only that, and even they can maintain it for a maximum of a few days.

If I had to put a number to it, I'd say Jackman in The Wolverine and Cavil in MoS were both in the 5-7% range, with maybe Jackman being closer to the lower end of that for his major shirtless fight scene, and Cavil closer to the higher end. I have no Idea about Garfield, but who cares, the guy weighs like 140 lbs, at that weight it's not really a major achievement for a guy to reach sub 10% body fat. Do I believe he reached 4%? Hell no.

These actors are just promoting their movies and being a bit full of ****, because they can get away with it. The average Joe/Jane who is 95% of their audience has no clue about body fat percentages, they'll take them at face value and be impressed by the figures regardless.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:34 PM   #719
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

In a lot of the behind the scenes shots of cavil shirtless his abs were only slightly visible with very little vascularity, so that alone tells you he was certainly above the lower single digit percentages.

Realistically I'd say both Cavill and Jackman hovered around 9-10% in each of their respective roles, maybe a little under for the scenes where they had to look especially ripped.

Both of them looked great but I'm just trying to put a more accurate figure than the exaggerated ones floating on the net.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:28 PM   #720
TerryMcGinnis
Batman Beyond

The 5-7 figure I mention would apply for their peak shape in their respective movies.
For Jackman it would be the big shirtless fight scene:

For Cavill it would be his clothesline scene:

I would say Jackman is well below 9% in that shot and Cavill too. Vascularity is also genetic to a large degree, you can have people of the same body fat percentage displaying very different levels of vascularity. Also, a thing to keep in mind for both of them, they're pale and hairy which visually has the effect of hiding muscle striations and decreasing perceived definition. The lighting doesn't do them any favors either in these shots.

If they were waxed, tan and oiled up like bodybuilders are come competition time, with strong overhead lighting, their body fat percentage would be significantly more obvious.

Of course, both of them go on record that they had extensive preparations for those particular scenes to be at their peak. So, for the rest of their films they'd definitely be in the 9-10% category as you said.

Last edited by TerryMcGinnis; 01-10-2014 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:28 PM   #721
Bangarang
Side-Kick

I seriously don't understand how it's so hard of a concept to grasp. They grossly inflated or to be more accurate deflated their bf %. The only actor I've seen get even close to 7% was Matthew Fox in Alex Cross.

I would need to see more pictures of Hugh but the picture above is closer to 10% with a pump. Cavill was around 11-12% end of story. I myself do not train for aesthetics but I have friends who compete in bb shows, and trust me they walk around without the perfect lighting, oil, spray tan, and look much more defined and they're only around 7% right before a show. They look like Cavill when they are in the off season BULKING.
If Cavill were even below 10% there would be separation between his bicep and tricep, there is none.

Last edited by Bangarang; 01-11-2014 at 12:33 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:44 PM   #722
DeGenerate10
Br Ba

Dear God Matthew Fox needs to start doing some incline bench presses

Old 01-12-2014, 10:34 PM   #723
joevonaxeman
I WOULDN'T!?!?!??

Ben wasn't looking very different at the Golden Globes... I'm hoping that his tux was just hiding all the hard work.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:21 PM   #724
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by joevonaxeman View Post
Ben wasn't looking very different at the Golden Globes... I'm hoping that his tux was just hiding all the hard work.
It's hard to tell from a tux but I think people should be getting their expectations in check for what we'll see of ben.

He'll probably have a quick cut shirtless scene and we'll mostly see him in a padded costume the rest of the time.

With the clout that Ben's got I don't see him having to go through the sort of intense boot camp that Cavill was put through by Snyder. I could be wrong but I haven't seen anything much from the behind the scene photos of ben. He'll be in good shape i'm sure but probably nothing too mind-blowing.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:55 PM   #725
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

I think Van Damme is a great place to start for Batman

Closed Thread