The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #126
cryptic name
No Limits

Default Re: Batman physique thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyteller View Post
Now I am all up for him him getting bigger but honestly he's going to be head to toe in a suit. And unless they are radically changing the concept, he's going to probably be in something like armor. He doesn't need to be Batmans size. He just needs to look like it.
But it's a Snyder movie, so you know he'll be shirtless in at least one scene, haha. I'm hoping for a suiting up (or down) scene where his back looks like this:

Since they're going with an established Batman. And please, no more rubber armor.

I believe in Batfleck
Old 08-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #127
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Old 08-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #128
Smallville13
Side-Kick

I wonder if Snyder will do some Bane/Hobbit camera trickery to show Clark taller than Bruce.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #129
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

He's actually going to be the tallest live-action actor to ever play batman taking away the title held by west for near 50 years who's 6'2", ben's 6'3".

I wonder how they are going to shoot him and cavill together to either downplay the height difference or just let it stand? Superman is historically a little taller than batman. Not to mention they did sort of go out of their way to make Cavill as superman look larger than life on screen, not sure they want to have someone appear bigger in general than him?

Old 08-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #130
cryptic name
No Limits

I think it'd be interesting to have Batman be taller. In my mind, he should be more of a physical specimen just because he's a mortal man doing all this ****. Plus, there's something really cool about the shorter guy nonchalantly lifting the taller guy with one hand and tossing him across the room.

I believe in Batfleck
Old 08-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #131
slumcat
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic name View Post
But it's a Snyder movie, so you know he'll be shirtless in at least one scene, haha. I'm hoping for a suiting up (or down) scene where his back looks like this:

Since they're going with an established Batman. And please, no more rubber armor.
There's a shirtless scene in every single superhero movie - Batman Begins, Spider-man, Thor, Captain America, Guardians of The Galaxy, The Wolverine, Green Lantern, Man Of Steel, you name it.

It's kinda the "shirtless validation" scene where the actor proves that he ain't some walking sissy and that he put in the effort required for the role and that he can look like a guy who can kick ass and that the muscle beneath the suit is all real.

So this will be no different, Affleck surely will have a shirtless scene. And Snyder kinda puts those in his films. Snyder himself is a big bodybuilding enthusiast.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #132
cryptic name
No Limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
There's a shirtless scene in every single superhero movie - Batman Begins, Spider-man, Thor, Captain America, Guardians of The Galaxy, The Wolverine, Green Lantern, Man Of Steel, you name it.

It's kinda the "shirtless validation" scene where the actor proves that he ain't some walking sissy and that he put in the effort required for the role and that he can look like a guy who can kick ass and that the muscle beneath the suit is all real.

So this will be no different, Affleck surely will have a shirtless scene. And Snyder kinda puts those in his films. Snyder himself is a big bodybuilding enthusiast.
I was just kidding, I know these scenes are in every comic movie, even when they don't need to be. I really do want to see a scarred up Bruce Wayne though.

I believe in Batfleck
Old 08-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #133
slumcat

SO IT BEGINS...

Apparently Affleck has started his workouts for the role currently training 2 hours daily.
http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainm...sequel-2013238

He has a good 6-7 month window to peak out. I think it'll be a healthy competition between the two guys - Cavill and Affleck - as they each try to get in the best possible shape for the film.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #134
Airwings
Waves of air

delete

Old 08-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #135
RadioSha
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
He's actually going to be the tallest live-action actor to ever play batman taking away the title held by west for near 50 years who's 6'2", ben's 6'3".

I wonder how they are going to shoot him and cavill together to either downplay the height difference or just let it stand? Superman is historically a little taller than batman. Not to mention they did sort of go out of their way to make Cavill as superman look larger than life on screen, not sure they want to have someone appear bigger in general than him?
Superman will be hovering and floating

Old 08-23-2013, 01:35 PM   #136
roach
I am the night

Quote:
SO IT BEGINS...

Apparently Affleck has started his workouts for the role currently training 2 hours daily.
http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainm...sequel-2013238

He has a good 6-7 month window to peak out. I think it'll be a healthy competition between the two guys - Cavill and Affleck - as they each try to get in the best possible shape for the film.
I never doubted that Ben was gonna get into shape....remember what Zack put the 300 cast through and Cavill through for MOS. They all had intense workouts

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 08-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #137
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
Affleck is naturally already an ideal size to play Batman and he has more than enough time with Hollywood trainers to gain a few more pounds of muscle, I think he will have the perfect physique for Bats.

Your totally right as far as what bodyfat % he would be at, for Batman's size he would be eating a very high carbohydrate diet just like any other athlete, he would not be as ripped and cut as he is drawn in most comics.
I have to disagree about this point. Sure, athletes have to eat high carb and fat diets to power their body, but I don't think that means they have to have over 10-12% body fat. If you look at most NFL, NBA, or soccer players, they have very lean bodies despite their high carbs-high energy lifestyle. I think the high carbs are balanced out by the above average rigor their bodies go through.

I would think Batman HAS to have pretty low bodyfat. He wouldn't be very nimble or fast (which he needs to be, for obvious reasons) if he was carrying around too much extra weight.

And size does not equal strength all the time. He can still be plenty strong while having lower bodyfat.

Take these powerlifters-

Very low bodyfat, strong as hell.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #138
SuperAl
Superman's back!

immortals type physique.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #139
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Just remember that for performance, it's not always better to have lower body fat. Too low and you probably won't have any energy to fight crime at all.

Of course, it depend on what "pretty low bodyfat" means for you.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 08-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #140
slumcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
I have to disagree about this point. Sure, athletes have to eat high carb and fat diets to power their body, but I don't think that means they have to have over 10-12% body fat. If you look at most NFL, NBA, or soccer players, they have very lean bodies despite their high carbs-high energy lifestyle. I think the high carbs are balanced out by the above average rigor their bodies go through.

I would think Batman HAS to have pretty low bodyfat. He wouldn't be very nimble or fast (which he needs to be, for obvious reasons) if he was carrying around too much extra weight.

And size does not equal strength all the time. He can still be plenty strong while having lower bodyfat.

Take these powerlifters-
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
Just remember that for performance, it's not always better to have lower body fat. Too low and you probably won't have any energy to fight crime at all.

Of course, it depend on what "pretty low bodyfat" means for you.
Whether it be practical for Batman or not to have low body fat, you can be sure that he indeed will have low body fat in the film, as low as Affleck can get it. On the big screen, muscle definition is king, even more than size, muscle definition adds more detail to your physique and can make you look much bigger than you are. Cavill was 190 pounds for MOS but looked way bigger because of exaggerated muscle definition and very low body fat.

So yeah Affleck will basically get cut like a god for this. And he has got super cut in the past for The Town so he knows the whole deal.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #141
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
Whether it be practical for Batman or not to have low body fat, you can be sure that he indeed will have low body fat in the film, as low as Affleck can get it. On the big screen, muscle definition is king, even more than size, muscle definition adds more detail to your physique and can make you look much bigger than you are. Cavill was 190 pounds for MOS but looked way bigger because of exaggerated muscle definition and very low body fat.

So yeah Affleck will basically get cut like a god for this. And he has got super cut in the past for The Town so he knows the whole deal.
Of course he's gonna look good, as Batman should. If you have a very active lifestyle like Batman has and you think a little bit about what you eat then I think a defined look will almost come by itself.
But when I think of really low bodyfat I think of bodybuilders on stage and I don't believe that is gonna be much good to Batman to go that low, in case anyone would want him to be ripped like that.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 08-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #142
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post

Take these powerlifters-

Those look like crossfitters not power lifters per the reason why they're not big. Power lifters have a completely different kind of build.

This is a power lifter

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 08-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #143
batman_1989_
Side-Kick

I bet he's going to look a lot like Gerard Butler in 300.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #144
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
Those look like crossfitters not power lifters per the reason why they're not big. Power lifters have a completely different kind of build.

This is a power lifter
There's nothing about being a powerful lifter than makes you need to carry on a lot of body-fat. It just happens that for many or most serious powerlifters their primary goal is simply to become as strong as possible regardless of aesthetics so many of them simply eat a lot without regards to the weight they put on.

Some powerlifters have actually transitioned to bodybuilders simply by cutting.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #145
dark_b
Side-Kick

when a powerlifter cuts he is a perfect asthetic machine created to win.

its funny how powerlifters never do workouts for asthetic muscles but when they cut down they look amazing. because a strong body looks good. boom.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #146
slumcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman_1989_ View Post
I bet he's going to look a lot like Gerard Butler in 300.
That would be quite an accomplishment! That's still the gold standard in many ways.

Though depends upon genetics too.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #147
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

A lot of the 300 guys physiques have become somewhat overrated. It's a fact that body-make-up was applied to most of them to sort of exaggerate the look of defined muscles.

You can definitely tell there's a good deal of muscle shading going on here:

Old 08-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #148
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I quite like Batman being on a forever bulk, so if Ben were to have relatively high body fat, I'd be pleased.

Also, it helps differentiate his physique from Nightwing, who would be appear more lean and less powerful.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #149
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:
There's nothing about being a powerful lifter than makes you need to carry on a lot of body-fat. It just happens that for many or most serious powerlifters their primary goal is simply to become as strong as possible regardless of aesthetics so many of them simply eat a lot without regards to the weight they put on.

Some powerlifters have actually transitioned to bodybuilders simply by cutting.
The process of bodybuilding in general is quite different from what a power lifter actually does you mention cutting well typically that consists of some kind of cardio to lose the excess weight and most champion power lifters don't do any serious form of cardio they only strength train.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 08-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #150
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:
A lot of the 300 guys physiques have become somewhat overrated. It's a fact that body-make-up was applied to most of them to sort of exaggerate the look of defined muscles.

You can definitely tell there's a good deal of muscle shading going on here:

I want Affleck to be bigger than Butler was in 300, you're right Butler's look in 300 is insanely overrated and exaggerated.

Closed Thread