The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #201
DKDetective
Commander RNVR

Default Re: Batman physique thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
I think/hope it will be different this time. The size will come from the actor himself, with minimal level of layers or clothing or padding.

Bale was very slim in TDK and TDKR, very lightly built, yet he looked huge in costume because of how many freaking rubber layers they put on so that he looked like a puzzle.

Here I think it will Affleck who will be huge and the suit will be less bulky.
That's hyperbole. He was still solidly built. Just not huge. His traps and back were great in all three films and they are one of the most important factors in filling out one's frame. Even at his smallest, Bale was still much bigger and better built than every other man who has worn the Batsuit to date.

Old 09-23-2013, 02:07 AM   #202
shallbecomeabat
Yes, father...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
That's hyperbole. He was still solidly built. Just not huge. His traps and back were great in all three films and they are one of the most important factors in filling out one's frame. Even at his smallest, Bale was still much bigger and better built than every other man who has worn the Batsuit to date.
Quoted for truth. Everyone who says he is skinny in the last two movies never went to the gym before. He is still a pretty well trained dude in TDK and TDKR.

Also, its normal for those types of roles to only bulk up that much for the first outing, to solidify that image of strength. Look at Hemsworth and Evans in their own stand alone movies as thor and Cap and then look at their build in Avengers. Both are a lot smaller in Avengers, because you just cannot keep that figure over a long period of time, while actually shooting a movie for months.

The same is true for Henry Cavill. You can see which scenes they shot first very close to the end of his training (like, of course, all shirtless scenes) and which they shot much later in the process. Sure, he is still big in other scenes, but not as big as in the oil rig scenes, since he cannot work out every day for multiple hours when they are in the shooting phase of the movie.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:13 AM   #203
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Honestly Bale had the ideal built imo for batman in TDKR at least for a Batman who's been years in the game. Very lean and wiry muscles reminded me of a MMA fighter.

Just for comparison I thought Cavill's built was great for superman but I wouldn't want batman looking like that.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:19 AM   #204
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
I ain't saying he wasn't strong, just lightly muscled. He looks rather small.

In Begins Bale was the biggest Batman we have seen (even in that case he was soft), but I think Kilmer was in better in better shape than Bale in TDK and TDKR.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:38 AM   #205
super85
Side-Kick

Bale's size differs quite a bit in TDKR. Obviously he was the biggest in BB, not saying anything different. But like mentioned before his size differed quite a bit in TDKR.

I don't think Kilmer was in better shape in BF. Somebody can of course screencap that single image of him without a shirt in the batcave, i think Bale looks to be in better shape in different scenes in TDKR for example.

You can see the erm...."topless" scene of Val Kilmer near the end of the BF trailer here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXsS1gLn8Gk

Old 09-23-2013, 07:46 AM   #206
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:

In Begins Bale was the biggest Batman we have seen (even in that case he was soft), but I think Kilmer was in better in better shape than Bale in TDK and TDKR.
No way.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #207
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:

Kilmer wasn't muscular in the least in BF he looked like a guy that runs 30 minutes a day 4 times a week with no heavy weight training, I'm sure any other fitness enthusiast would agree. Bale looked in TDKR like the leaner athletic and acorabatic Batman from the Denny O'Neil era, it's just too bad we didn't see a acorabatic Batman.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 09-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #208
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Kilmer had almost no definition at all, at least bale looked ripped.

It's fact that Bale pretty much was the first batman actor to deliberately affect his physique for the role. I still stand-by that his physique in TDKR worked.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:45 PM   #209
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
I love the irony that he thinks they made Bale look bigger through padding the costume, when really, they made him appear slighter by dressing him in baggy clothes and robes as Bruce. Bale was in great shape for all three films.

Quote:

And Bale was "soft", eh? On what planet?

http://youtu.be/NJtbkSTP464

Old 09-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #210
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post

It's fact that Bale pretty much was the first batman actor to deliberately affect his physique for the role. I still stand-by that his physique in TDKR worked.
I can't believe anyone would compare that to this:

Old 09-23-2013, 06:08 PM   #211
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Ya pure rubbish no comparison.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 09-23-2013, 09:56 PM   #212
DeGenerate10
Br Ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post

Where the hell are Val's traps?

Old 09-24-2013, 12:07 AM   #213
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
This should be the template for all future Batman actors. Definition is important to a degree, but Bruce Wayne should have a body comprised of functional muscle. Mass is extremely important for the intimidation factor, especially since fear is a part of Batman's character. The multi-attacker situations (ala the toxin-riddled mob in Batman Begins) where sheer brute force is necessary to provide the space for MMA techniques and gadgetry.

I'm actually not worried about Affleck in this area. He's somewhere between 6'2" and 6'4" (I've seen different accounts), so supporting 240-250lbs of muscle while retaining speed and dexterity shouldn't be too hard. It's containing the on-screen goofiness/light-hearted factor, which is difficult for some actors, that has me extremely concerned.

Old 09-24-2013, 12:15 AM   #214
Project862006
Banned User

chris pratt is zero dark thirty!!

Old 09-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #215
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

I know this is the Batman physique thread and not the Superman physique thread but just wanted to post this previously unseen picture of Cavill training for MOS. This is what Affleck will be up against.

Old 09-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #216
TX85
Jolly

Awesome shot right there!

Old 09-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #217
Rorschach2012
$

Cavill looks like a g with a beard

Old 09-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #218
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

A little o/t but from the new TDK trilogy blu-ray:

I was a fan of Bane's brawler physique.

Old 09-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #219
ArmsHeldOut
Peak Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
Awesome shot right there!
That it is.

John Dryden, Absalom and Achitophel
Old 09-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #220
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Quote:
I know this is the Batman physique thread and not the Superman physique thread but just wanted to post this previously unseen picture of Cavill training for MOS. This is what Affleck will be up against.

with this physique for Batman and Im happy....

Old 09-25-2013, 11:22 PM   #221
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
with this physique for Batman and Im happy....
Cavill has elite genetics. I doubt many actors could get in this kind of aesthetic form. I'll be happy if Affleck can look like a guy who looks unusually strong, even if he doesn't have the Olympian quality of Cavill.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:29 PM   #222
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Yeah it is true genetics play a very large part in how much mass your body can gain and how well you can be shaped, Henry obviously has great genetics and if desired could get even much bigger than he did for MOS.

Old 09-26-2013, 12:13 AM   #223
John-An

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Predator View Post
Cavill has elite genetics. I doubt many actors could get in this kind of aesthetic form. I'll be happy if Affleck can look like a guy who looks unusually strong, even if he doesn't have the Olympian quality of Cavill.
Yeah agree on the part that every person is different in the form but if Afleck go in the same direction as in Argo then We have Batman!!!

Old 09-26-2013, 12:16 AM   #224
John-An

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
Yeah it is true genetics play a very large part in how much mass your body can gain and how well you can be shaped, Henry obviously has great genetics and if desired could get even much bigger than he did for MOS.
Absolutely right...

Old 09-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #225
LordofhouseEl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Predator View Post
I disagree considering despite a solid upper body it appereared he had chicken legs. This is not an insult to his hard work and effort just pointing out your statement is incorrect.

Closed Thread