SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 10-09-2013, 03:03 PM   #3
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - Part 12

the powers i'm most curious about are bishop,blink,sunspot and quicksilver

alot of effort was put into the quicksilver stuff... so i'm very curious about that

Old 10-09-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
archangel7168
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - Part 13

i wonder how much better quicksilver could be becuase Smallville kind of showed what it would look like much of the time and slowing down clark kent when he was running

Old 10-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #5
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, I forgot Pietro. Im really curious too, mainly because I think this will be the very first time this power will be used in a really BIG way on the big screen.

And with the slow motion and Singer great treatment to the powers and the new characters, I have the feeling that Pietro will steal the show in the 70's, at least regarding the young mutants.

Magneto will probably have the most epic stuff in the 70's, and then I think he will be followed by Quicksilver.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #6
archangel7168
Side-Kick

the best would be an all out brawl against sentinals in the streets kind of like avengers, which would showcase everyone

Old 10-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #7
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

I'm very excited to see everything. We know Bobby's icing up and it's hinted he'll be sliding too. Can't get enough of Iceman! Or the rest of the characters we've already seen - like Colossus looking like a badass and being one and Storm trumping her tornado display from X2. Beast looks the best he ever has and I really want to see him move like Beast should - we only got that a tiny bit in FC. Mystique's looking incredible too, and can't wait to see her all agile and super flexible again! I hope her voice is at least slightly electronic! Of the new characters, I want to see Blink's power display, but am stoked to see what Sunspot looks like when he's all black and fiery. Quicksilver in slow-mo should be great! I'm always ready for some Magneto action, future and past! Oh, and since Havok seemingly doesn't need his containment suit, it'll be interesting to see his power display assuming he can now control it. Speaking of Havok, there should be some nice mutant cameos in the mutant military like what looks like a fella who could be Berzerker. 'Should be some great cameos in the future, too. I'm excited about them and their various powers... as I said, I'm excited to see everything!

Old 10-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #8
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Ddn't Havok learn to focs his powers in the final battle of FC?

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
Old 10-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #9
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer View Post
I'm very excited to see everything. We know Bobby's icing up and it's hinted he'll be sliding too. Can't get enough of Iceman! Or the rest of the characters we've already seen - like Colossus looking like a badass and being one and Storm trumping her tornado display from X2. Beast looks the best he ever has and I really want to see him move like Beast should - we only got that a tiny bit in FC. Mystique's looking incredible too, and can't wait to see her all agile and super flexible again! I hope her voice is at least slightly electronic! Of the new characters, I want to see Blink's power display, but am stoked to see what Sunspot looks like when he's all black and fiery. Quicksilver in slow-mo should be great! I'm always ready for some Magneto action, future and past! Oh, and since Havok seemingly doesn't need his containment suit, it'll be interesting to see his power display assuming he can now control it. Speaking of Havok, there should be some nice mutant cameos in the mutant military like what looks like a fella who could be Berzerker. 'Should be some great cameos in the future, too. I'm excited about them and their various powers... as I said, I'm excited to see everything!
Agreed ^^

Old 10-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #10
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
I don't really think so. He got lucky, as stray rays were also flung around, too, I think.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #11
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
No he had gadget that beast made for him then in the final battle it broke or something and he had to take it off then he did that spinny thing he knows how to do to hit angel with it

sounds like singer has given lucas till creative freedom to do his powers how he wants so you could take it that he must be able to control his powers now

Old 10-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #12
kasjan
Side-Kick

The Last Stand is about 2003, not 2013. Otherwise all characters would be old as hell, 20+ years older than they look in X3. Even if it's in 2003, they already are 10 years older, than they look. Emma Frost likes to look young, but Moira and plastic surgeries? I know in comic they always look young, but in reality... , Storm would be nearly 70 in 2023.
DOFP is in 2013.
2020 is the year when Trask Industries announces Mark X.

Scene after credits in The Wolverine, it's about 3-4 years after TLS. Why Xavier and Eric need Logan 6 year before 2013 events? They have to know something wasn't told in TV.

Old 10-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #13
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

We know the future takes place around ten years in the future, dating it loosely around 2023. The timeline of the films (especially since FC is the first film to cement itself in an exact year) has always been unclear. But we're made to think that each of the original trilogy films takes place around the time they're released. It's the same with TW. The future in DoFP apparently takes place around ten years after the events of TW. So, it seems Logan's been working with Eric and Charles for, well, ten years before we see them on-screen again. There won't be a "present" period in the film, and they're only time traveling back to one year, 1973. It's simple.

Old 10-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #14
kasjan
Side-Kick

No it isn't.
Singer said few period of time.
Few>Two

Old 10-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #15
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

There are 2 time peroids.The future and 1973.

Old 10-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #16
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

Yep.

Old 10-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #17
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

I am still very uncomfortable with the 2023 date because of the ages it would make Professor X and Magneto.

It's time we saw Rogue let loose with her powers. Four movies in and still only glimpses and Magneto forcing her to use them.

Old 10-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #18
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
I am still very uncomfortable with the 2023 date because of the ages it would make Professor X and Magneto.

It's time we saw Rogue let loose with her powers. Four movies in and still only glimpses and Magneto forcing her to use them.
Yeah. Its about time the X-Women fight back And show they aren't weak. Like come on.

Old 10-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #19
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

I love Kitty. Hopefully she gets good action bits. Also Storm should be a powerhouse and use what mother nature gave her. Lol

Old 10-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #20
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
The Last Stand is about 2003, not 2013. Otherwise all characters would be old as hell, 20+ years older than they look in X3. Even if it's in 2003, they already are 10 years older, than they look. Emma Frost likes to look young, but Moira and plastic surgeries? I know in comic they always look young, but in reality... , Storm would be nearly 70 in 2023.
DOFP is in 2013.
2020 is the year when Trask Industries announces Mark X.

Scene after credits in The Wolverine, it's about 3-4 years after TLS. Why Xavier and Eric need Logan 6 year before 2013 events? They have to know something wasn't told in TV.
X-Men: The Last Stand CANNOT take place in 2003. The movie released in 2006, and was labeled "In the not too distant future"

You can't take ages literally. You are talking about a source material where Kitty Pryde should be in her 50's, but is still treated as someone in her 20's.

The Wolverine is a year after X-Men: The Last Stand, and is not set anywhere earlier than 2013. If 2023 is to be believed, that would place The Wolverine in 2014. 9 years before Days Of Future Past, which is 10 years after X-Men: The Last Stand, which would then be 2013.

Magneto and Xavier recruited Logan to help battle against the growing Sentinel threat. Xavier and Magneto didn't recruit him to go back in time. They recruited him to fight the Sentinel threat, the Sentinels however, won, leading to the apocalyptic future we will have in the movie.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #21
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post
Get over it. One of them moves bridges with a flick of the wrist and the other reads the minds of everyone on earth. Suspend your disbelief a hair further and they can be really old guys in really good shape.
Especially when considering the source material the movies are based upon is FAR worse for aging than the movies even come a fraction of the way of achieving.

Jean Grey born in 1956?

Yea, okay. Even back when that dating made more sense, that still had her at SEVEN YEARS OLD when she joined Xavier's school in X-Men #1.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #22
A Dollar Short
Side-Kick

I look forward to seeing Storm and Bobby UNLEASHED against the Sentinels. Blink and Quicksilver have me the most curious though. I'm interested in how their powers are translated on screen.

And I've read this scenario brought up before so let's assume the ending of the film has Wolverine waking up in the mansion to a Sentinel-free world and standing in front of him are the current X-Men (throw in Jean, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Angel, and old Beast for some fun). Does this mean the X-Men never met Bishop, Blink, Sunspot, and Warpath? Or will Charles somehow make all the main cast of the future retain their memories? I'd be disappointed if these four characters are meant to only show up in one film.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #23
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer View Post
I am, too. I'm also curious to see how they reinterpret Havok's energy/plasma blasts. Till is a big X-Men fan, and it sounds like he wasn't too happy with Havok's "hoola hoops" in First Class. Fortunately, it sounds like they have remedied that, giving Till the freedom to reinterpret Havok's powers as he and fans have come to know them otherwise.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #24
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
I am, too. I'm also curious to see how they reinterpret Havok's energy/plasma blasts. Till is a big X-Men fan, and it sounds like he wasn't too happy with Havok's "hoola hoops" in First Class. Fortunately, it sounds like they have remedied that, giving Till the freedom to reinterpret Havok's powers as he and fans have come to know them otherwise.
I hope! But at the same time, I hope it's also a natural progression from what we saw in FC. A color tweak, perhaps, and driven from the arms/wrists/hands.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #25
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I don't think havok will have a big role. I have suspecion that Wolverine Is around Havok's
platoon when the mindswitch happens.

Closed Thread