Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #276
LR4life
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminata View Post
So crazy how invested people are in Rogue's love life lol. She's probably the most centered when it comes to pairings.

I see so many fans of Scott&Rogue, Wolverine&Rogue, Gambit&Rogue, Colossus&Rogue and even Beast&Rogue (strange one I ran across).

Oh and let's not forget the Storm&Rogue fans. YES, there are many LGBT fans that like their lesbian-esque storylines in the comicbooks.
So true. So IMHO if anybody should get romance, it's her, and seeing as Wolverine is there #1 dude. It should be with him.

Old 08-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #277
LR4life
Side-Kick

My question to all those wanting a Rogue/Wolvie matchup is why can't two people of the opposite sex be friends on the deepest of levels without there having to be some romantic tone? They remind me more of the new Sherlock Holmes and Watson; they have a great friendship that is much more deep than most relationships.

Because men and women can't be friends if they are attracted to each other. The sex part always gets in the way.

Old 08-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #278
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

I see Rogue and Wolverine as having become family rather than as a potential couple. (And not in the sense of a couple starting a family, lol.)

Last edited by Psylocke's Bro; 08-12-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #279
LR4life
Side-Kick

There is no family aspect to them whatsoever. Just 2 lonely souls drifting together.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #280
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR4life View Post
There is no family aspect to them whatsoever. Just 2 lonely souls drifting together.
That is the sense of "family" that I was getting at. The father-daughter relationship some see in them implies family. The term "brotherhood" implies family. "Family" doesn't have to mean "we had the same mom" or "I gave birth to her", lol. There is more than one sense of the word.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #281
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR4life View Post
So true. So IMHO if anybody should get romance, it's her, and seeing as Wolverine is there #1 dude. It should be with him.
Gross! lol

Old 08-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #282
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke's Bro View Post
Gross! lol

What's gross about it?

Old 08-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #283
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

Quote:
What's gross about it?
Nothing that would change your mind about wanting it to happen.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:03 PM   #284
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Quote:
Nothing that would change your mind about wanting it to happen.
Because there is no valid argument against it.

People like you complain about "Rogue can't touch" but then don't have a problem with Rogue hooking up with Gambit or Bobby who are esentially in the same boat at Logan.

Gambit in particular would need to be as old as Jackman considering Paquin is early 30's. So physicality wouldn't be a problem especially since Wolverine is actually ageless can you can't pin an age on him because his mutation ages him slowly. Therefore his physicality age of 30's/40's would be the same which throws the entire "AGE" argument out of the way.

616 have had Wolverine and Rogue make out several times so comic canon shouldn't be a problem.

Paquin and Jackman's chemistry is what sold X1 and created such a large fan base. This continues to be a staple between them and I can see Singer capitalizing on it considering his penchant for creating subtext pairings (ie. Hameron on HOUSE).

That being said, I'd rather see Wolverine & Rogue on adventures together with their relationship being ambiguous. Nothing needs to be said or done just allow the chemistry to flow between the actors and the characters that work together so well. This way it doesn't cross lines for those that don't want it and yet enough filler for those that are huge romantic fans of the pairing.

Personally, I wanted my iconic comicbook pairing of Magneto & Rogue to happen but that's obviously not going to happen in this movie.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #285
Super Film
Side-Kick

Somebody let the crazy loose in this thread.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #286
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post

Old 08-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #287
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

Doh Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:

People like you complain about "Rogue can't touch" but then don't have a problem with Rogue hooking up with Gambit or Bobby who are esentially in the same boat at Logan.

Gambit in particular would need to be as old as Jackman considering Paquin is early 30's. So physicality wouldn't be a problem especially since Wolverine is actually ageless can you can't pin an age on him because his mutation ages him slowly. Therefore his physicality age of 30's/40's would be the same which throws the entire "AGE" argument out of the way.

616 have had Wolverine and Rogue make out several times so comic canon shouldn't be a problem.

Paquin and Jackman's chemistry is what sold X1 and created such a large fan base. This continues to be a staple between them and I can see Singer capitalizing on it considering his penchant for creating subtext pairings (ie. Hameron on HOUSE).

That being said, I'd rather see Wolverine & Rogue on adventures together with their relationship being ambiguous. Nothing needs to be said or done just allow the chemistry to flow between the actors and the characters that work together so well. This way it doesn't cross lines for those that don't want it and yet enough filler for those that are huge romantic fans of the pairing.

Personally, I wanted my iconic comicbook pairing of Magneto & Rogue to happen but that's obviously not going to happen in this movie.
This is only my 6th post - the previous were written this afternoon all in this thread for you to examine - and I never complained about 'Rogue can't touch"??? What does that even mean as an argument for or against Wolverine over another person? What are you even talking about?? lol

There is an argument against them getting romantically involved, but clearly you are not one to reason with.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #288
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

There was no subtext in Rogue and Wolverine. She had a crush and he saw her as a little sister. That was their relationship. It was explained so it can't be subtext. There never was and never will be anything romantic between them.

Rogue isn't for Wolverine or Iceman. Anna herself is up for Gambit not either of them. Even if Gambit never came into it she should move on to a new love interest in any sequels. Leave the other two in her teens were they belong. She's a adult woman now and it's time to move her character fully on. I hope DOFP does that. Rogue needs to be in a new place emotionally and psychologically. Everyone else is from the looks of things.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #289
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

Quote:
Um, he was laughing at you, not with you.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #290
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

Quote:

Apparently, lol

Last edited by Psylocke's Bro; 08-12-2013 at 05:26 PM. Reason: clarify my meaning
Old 08-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #291
Super Film
Side-Kick

On a less fervent note, after seeing a longer cut of the footage--it definitely appears Rogue is being rescued from a prison-like setting. It looks like a multi-storied set, similar to prison blocks--could be reading it wrong though. Here's hoping she can serve a purpose other than being the rescued damsel in the midst of a good action scene.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #292
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
There was no subtext in Rogue and Wolverine. She had a crush and he saw her as a little sister. That was their relationship. It was explained so it can't be subtext. There never was and never will be anything romantic between them.

Rogue isn't for Wolverine or Iceman. Anna herself is up for Gambit not either of them. Even if Gambit never came into it she should move on to a new love interest in any sequels. Leave the other two in her teens were they belong. She's a adult woman now and it's time to move her character fully on. I hope DOFP does that. Rogue needs to be in a new place emotionally and psychologically. Everyone else is from the looks of things.
I agree with this, except what Anna herself is up for doesn't make a difference, it'll be up to Singer or whoever writes/directs. Also, her (non-romantic) relationship with Wolverine really does need more script time because it is really the most interesting and emotional relationship in these movies. Come to think of it, the only other (non-romantic) relationship that is interesting IMO is Rogue and Magneto. I think it's a combination of there being so much potential with the way Rogue was written and with Anna's ability to act, she's amazing. The other relationships didn't work as great. There was a lot of potential in the (non-romantic, weird to have to keep writing this but apparently it's necessary on this forum) relationship between Charles and Erik but it doesn't even compare to Anna's relationships in terms of interest.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #293
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
I agree with this, except what Anna herself is up for doesn't make a difference, it'll be up to Singer or whoever writes/directs. Also, her (non-romantic) relationship with Wolverine really does need more script time because it is really the most interesting and emotional relationship in these movies. Come to think of it, the only other (non-romantic) relationship that is interesting IMO is Rogue and Magneto. I think it's a combination of there being so much potential with the way Rogue was written and with Anna's ability to act, she's amazing. The other relationships didn't work as great. There was a lot of potential in the (non-romantic, weird to have to keep writing this but apparently it's necessary on this forum) relationship between Charles and Erik but it doesn't even compare to Anna's relationships in terms of interest.
Wolverine and Rogue's bond is a completely separate issue to who she has as a love interest. I am talking about moving her on from her crushes on Logan and Bobby. Both should stay in the past or be laid to rest in DOFP. It's time to move Rogue on to a new era as a character. She needs to have changed to be suitable for sequels. She needs to be more accepting of her powers, over the teen angst over Logan/Bobby and more confident as a woman and mutant.

She can still have the bond with Logan. It would be weird if it wasn't there as they did have a special friendship. She can still have lingering tension and issues with Bobby as that would be natural. But she does need to be moved on from being hung up on either. It's been 10 years and they can't carry it into a 5th movie if she's back for a sequel. They weren't especially interesting storylines to begin with and the audience are mostly tired of them. I know I was by X3. I want to see her grown up.

And I agree they should have some kind of tension between her and Magneto. She hates him and I don't want that to have disappeared. She should resent him rescuing her and comment should be made about him almost killing her in the past. They have left over history that was never dealt with and should be.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #294
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
Wolverine and Rogue's bond is a completely separate issue to who she has as a love interest. I am talking about moving her on from her crushes on Logan and Bobby. Both should stay in the past or be laid to rest in DOFP. It's time to move Rogue on to a new era as a character. She needs to have changed to be suitable for sequels. She needs to be more accepting of her powers, over the teen angst over Logan/Bobby and more confident as a woman and mutant.

She can still have the bond with Logan. It would be weird if it wasn't there as they did have a special friendship. She can still have lingering tension and issues with Bobby as that would be natural. But she does need to be moved on from being hung up on either. It's been 10 years and they can't carry it into a 5th movie if she's back for a sequel. They weren't especially interesting storylines to begin with and the audience are mostly tired of them. I know I was by X3. I want to see her grown up.

And I agree they should have some kind of tension between her and Magneto. She hates him and I don't want that to have disappeared. She should resent him rescuing her and comment should be made about him almost killing her in the past. They have left over history that was never dealt with and should be.
Thanks for clarifying what you actually meant because it wasn't clear in your earlier post. I agree with everything in this post.

I also opt for reinforcing the tragic aspects of her character - which it would appear is what they are doing - and I think some degree of isolation or separation (or of being alone) would best bring that out in her.

I think the relationship with Bobby was probably initially used a device used to illustrate what she's going through and how she comes to terms with her powers (Bobby was just a stand-in for any guy really, what was important was Rogue's internal conflict and resolution), but it was obviously mishandled. Time to drop that now. A relationship like that was already beginning to be limiting to her by the end of the second movie.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #295
LR4life
Side-Kick

Quote:

I agree with everything you just said, except the last part! LOL! Hey Bryan Singer started the movies out with them and their relationship and he moved on to the 2nd movie and if you notice Logan has more scenes with Rogue than he does with Jean, and he added Bobby to the mix. Who knows what would have happened if he would have directed the last one, but he didn't. I really don't think that if Bryan Singer wanted Rogue and Logan he would have started this story out with them to begin with. He had plenty of angst in the first movie. Jean and Logan were never going to be together because she did love Scott. If things would have worked out right, Logan would have eventually came to his senses. All I want is for one real good scene between the 2, in DOFP. Because I believe us hard Rogan fans got screwed out of it in the end. I don't think Bryan Singer will let us down. IF I'M CRAZY SO BE IT! LOL!

Old 08-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #296
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
On a less fervent note, after seeing a longer cut of the footage--it definitely appears Rogue is being rescued from a prison-like setting. It looks like a multi-storied set, similar to prison blocks--could be reading it wrong though. Here's hoping she can serve a purpose other than being the rescued damsel in the midst of a good action scene.
Yes, the more I see that clip and the Iceman/Magneto clip the more I think it is the mutant internment camp. I think you can see people behind Iceman/Magneto in the other clip. It is looking likely Rogue is broken out of the camp and is injured doing it. Or she's been tortured while in there so is weak. Anna had a stunt double so she has some action and it's probably during the break out. She might get hurt while doing something with her powers.

I wish she didn't have to be rescued though. But I suppose some one had to be locked up to show that part of the future. The others are fighting and non-appearing characters are probably already dead. So that leaves her to be locked up and probably wearing the inhibitor collar when they find her. I think she'll still do something to show she's more capable these days and she's being rescued for a reason so she is needed by the others. She's bound to do something useful and heroic if that's the case.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #297
Super Film
Side-Kick

I wonder what they'll do to address her powers returning, that is, if her powers have returned.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #298
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying what you actually meant because it wasn't clear in your earlier post. I agree with everything in this post.

I also opt for reinforcing the tragic aspects of her character - which it would appear is what they are doing - and I think some degree of isolation or separation (or of being alone) would best bring that out in her.

I think the relationship with Bobby was probably initially used a device used to illustrate what she's going through and how she comes to terms with her powers (Bobby was just a stand-in for any guy really, what was important was Rogue's internal conflict and resolution), but it was obviously mishandled. Time to drop that now. A relationship like that was already beginning to be limiting to her by the end of the second movie.
I am fine with making her more tragic in DOFP. Have her be isolated to really bring home her powers are back and she's had to accept that. Even if all that may be wiped out when the past is altered, we'd still know by now she's more accepting of her powers and what it means. In any sequels she can get a new love interest and find a way around the untouchable issue. But for now she should be single.

I actually love the idea she may have been away from the others for a long while. It should have matured her character. Made her tougher and less in need of leaning on Bobby and Logan. I did love Rogue in OT but she didn't stand on her own enough. I want to see that even if she's shown to be put out over whatever may be going on with Bobby/Kitty and even if she has to be broken out of the camp.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #299
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
I wonder what they'll do to address her powers returning, that is, if her powers have returned.
I assume we'll just get a quick explanation that the cure reversed itself however long after X3. Rogue herself is bound to briefly mention it once she's on screen. But of course her powers have returned. She's wearing gloves in the clip. And Shawn basically said the untouchable issue is still there.

She wouldn't be in a mutant camp if she was still cured. In fact there wouldn't be camps if the cure worked. They'd all just get forced to become human. Magneto would have zero interest in Rogue unless she was a mutant with powers. Sure, it's not confirmed that is the camp but it looks very likely as where else could that be?

Old 08-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #300
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Quote:
Um, he was laughing at you, not with you.
I guess you've never heard of mocking before.

Quote:
There is an argument against them getting romantically involved, but clearly you are not one to reason with.

Oh sis, it has nothing to do with me being unreasonable its really about you bringing a strong and valid argument.

I laid it out for you to pick it up and if you can...

Last edited by Illuminata; 08-12-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Closed Thread