Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #301
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR4life View Post
I agree with everything you just said, except the last part! LOL! Hey Bryan Singer started the movies out with them and their relationship and he moved on to the 2nd movie and if you notice Logan has more scenes with Rogue than he does with Jean, and he added Bobby to the mix. Who knows what would have happened if he would have directed the last one, but he didn't. I really don't think that if Bryan Singer wanted Rogue and Logan he would have started this story out with them to begin with. He had plenty of angst in the first movie. Jean and Logan were never going to be together because she did love Scott. If things would have worked out right, Logan would have eventually came to his senses. All I want is for one real good scene between the 2, in DOFP. Because I believe us hard Rogan fans got screwed out of it in the end. I don't think Bryan Singer will let us down. IF I'M CRAZY SO BE IT! LOL!

I can respect. Like I mentioned I think even at the expense that you may not get full on Rogan you can having a storyline that goes down the middle seems a bit more balanced for viewers on both sides of the fence.

That brings my biggest argument against Gambit. Why would you anyone want to bring Gambit into the films to be with Rogue when he would only be a carbon copy of Wolverine?

The personality, swagger, age and demeanor is exactly like Logan. Why not just go ahead and push Logan towards Marie if that be the case. It's pointless.

This was the same reasons David Hayter, Tom DeSanto and Bryan Singer gave at Comic Con years ago. I have to agree with them because they would have to bring in someone with a HUGE amount of chemistry that would eclipse Logan and Rogue's chemistry.

And as long as Bryan Singer is attached to these films we may never see that character surface. He's had ample opportunities to use Gambit and he chooses not to.... on purpose whether fanboys like it or not.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #302
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Gambit isn't a carbon copy of Wolverine. Singer actually intended Gambit to be in Rogue's timeline and so did the other scripts for X3 but his roles got cut.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:56 PM   #303
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminata View Post
I guess you've never heard of mocking before.

Oh sis, it has nothing to do with me being unreasonable its really about you bringing a strong and valid argument.

I laid it out for you to pick it up and if you can...
The above attempts to bait me amount to nothing more than weak trolling. The kind of trolling anybody's little sister can do. Enjoy being crazy.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #304
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

I really hope we get to see a Gambit/Rogue pairing in the future! Especially if Iceman dumped Rogue for Shadowcat.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
Old 08-12-2013, 09:05 PM   #305
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
I am fine with making her more tragic in DOFP. Have her be isolated to really bring home her powers are back and she's had to accept that. Even if all that may be wiped out when the past is altered, we'd still know by now she's more accepting of her powers and what it means. In any sequels she can get a new love interest and find a way around the untouchable issue. But for now she should be single.

I actually love the idea she may have been away from the others for a long while. It should have matured her character. Made her tougher and less in need of leaning on Bobby and Logan. I did love Rogue in OT but she didn't stand on her own enough. I want to see that even if she's shown to be put out over whatever may be going on with Bobby/Kitty and even if she has to be broken out of the camp.
I also like the idea of her having been separated from the others for a long time - it should add depth to her character and highlight the loneliness that is quintessential Rogue. More than that, what she endures inevitably highlights her inner strength as well as her inner conflict. It's what makes her the most interesting character.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #306
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Seeing the new footage, I think she's definitely separated from her X-pals and Magneto/Iceman will come and rescue her which is really interesting!

Old 08-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #307
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

If she is separated from the others I hope we don't only see her after they decide to rescue her. I hope there are scenes pre-rescue where it shows her in the internment camps, or out somewhere trying to survive.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:21 PM   #308
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
If she is separated from the others I hope we don't only see her after they decide to rescue her. I hope there are scenes pre-rescue where it shows her in the internment camps, or out somewhere trying to survive.
That would add drama. I hope we do get to see that.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:52 PM   #309
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Seriously? I'm not reaching, I'm just describing what was on my screen for 6 years. Obviously you didn't watch the films if you think I'm reaching. If you don't think Rogue was in love with Logan, you really need to go back and watch the whole trilogy. I'm not saying they will get it on, but hey if Bryan Singer didn't intend on it, he shouldn't have written that way. Same thing goes with Kitty and Bobby. Obviously there was something there between them too. Oh and hello, did you even see the part in the 3rd movie where Rogue walks in and says, It's true, they can cure us? and Logan is doing some hard looking at her? What do you think he was thinking? It wasn't innocent. If you haven't paid attention to the movies, that's not my fault. Go watch them again. Oh and in the second movie, Bobby is definitely jealous of Logan, and why do you think that is?
First off i just rewatched all the movies this weekend so yes I believe that you are reaching. These looks you are talking about is not the motive in which you may want. When she mentioned the cure he was not looking at her with lust or possibly he was shocked that she said that,so instead of telling me you dont know what movie im watching im not sure which you are watching. Im sure you may want them to hook up or be together,so your pulling false things that happened between them. She has some of his personality when she absorbed him he is her mentor and confidante. There is no underlying sex tension between them.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #310
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
MY CASE AND POINT! LOOK AT THIS SCENE! thanks by the way Illuminata!
They shared a bond, he saved her life. It has nothing to do with him wanting her.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:02 PM   #311
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
I'm hoping she would at least get five scenes like Jean Grey in the Wolverine. Its not much but considering that she might only filmed her scenes in more or less 1 week, its not bad and the film is also featuring the FC cast.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:02 AM   #312
LR4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminata View Post
I can respect. Like I mentioned I think even at the expense that you may not get full on Rogan you can having a storyline that goes down the middle seems a bit more balanced for viewers on both sides of the fence.

That brings my biggest argument against Gambit. Why would you anyone want to bring Gambit into the films to be with Rogue when he would only be a carbon copy of Wolverine?

The personality, swagger, age and demeanor is exactly like Logan. Why not just go ahead and push Logan towards Marie if that be the case. It's pointless.

This was the same reasons David Hayter, Tom DeSanto and Bryan Singer gave at Comic Con years ago. I have to agree with them because they would have to bring in someone with a HUGE amount of chemistry that would eclipse Logan and Rogue's chemistry.

And as long as Bryan Singer is attached to these films we may never see that character surface. He's had ample opportunities to use Gambit and he chooses not to.... on purpose whether fanboys like it or not.
So true about Gambit. If Singer wanted Rogue to be with Gambit he would have cast him in the movies by now. I really don't think it will happen. Obviously Singer liked Rogue/Logan/Jean to start with, with Scott and Bobby on the side. Well Scott and Jean are gone now and it looks like Bobby is with Kitty. So there you go. Who's left. LOGAN/ROGUE
All I was saying to the rest of these people on here is that Singer needs to acknowledge somewhere in the film that Logan and Rogue have or did have feelings for each other at one time. I hate how everybody is acting like all of this stuff is in our minds. Get real and look at the fanbase. I mean do they really think it was the thousands of minds who are part of the fanbase?

Old 08-13-2013, 12:15 AM   #313
SAUspartan
Kurtty Fan

Woah...My post ended up starting a debate.

Looked, I sort of shipped Rogue and Wolverine after X-Men but i was not into comic books or X-Men till after the first movie. And i saw the first movie like a year after it came out. My dad and bro were the comic collectors in the family. Before X-2 i had gotten more acquainted with the comics. But still not all the way. It wasn't till after the second movie that i had caught up in X Men history and realized Logan was more like a father figure to Rogue.

So when i said i was a fan of that relationship. Now it's there friendship and family type relationship that i love. That's why i want a scene with them. There interactions in the first movie are legendary.

In X-Men i really don't ship anybody anymore though. I mean all the canon is so deep and different universes and etc i just can't get diehard into any character relationships cause of the many different universes and etc. I mean Rogue was married to Magneto in one Canon universe for crying out loud. haha. Tough to get invested in Rogue with anybody when you know in one of the universes she's with Magneto.

I love all the characters and how they are alone. I mean I like some characters together like Jean/Cyclops and etc but i don't diehard ship them. I mean with that canon back story and all the marvel universes...tough for me to get behind that ship die hard either.

The Family Dynamic is my favorite of all the x-men together though. Heck now you have a lot of people who want Xavier and Magneto to get together. lol. I'm not one of those. haha.

But i will always love the Rogue and Wolverine relationship. Whatever it is. I can get behind any of it.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:20 AM   #314
Super Film
Side-Kick

Quote:
All I was saying to the rest of these people on here is that Singer needs to acknowledge somewhere in the film that Logan and Rogue have or did have feelings for each other at one time. I hate how everybody is acting like all of this stuff is in our minds. Get real and look at the fanbase. I mean do they really think it was the thousands of minds who are part of the fanbase?
It was only ever shown in the films to be a romantic affection that Rogue had for Logan by the end of the first film. Nowhere in the franchise was it shown that Logan had anything other than friendly/protective affections for Rogue. He was never shown to be interested in her romantically.

I respect the shippers out there, any pairing that works for them, works for me. But keep it real LR4life, film-based Rogan shipping came from the two actors' chemistry and the father/daughter, teacher/student, older/younger, two loners angle. Not from any planned or intentioned romance between the two characters as portrayed in the ACTUAL film.

There's a difference in picking up on subtly and wondering, and picking up on subtly, running with it and declaring it the honest truth.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:43 AM   #315
LR4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post
It was only ever shown in the films to be a romantic affection that Rogue had for Logan by the end of the first film. Nowhere in the franchise was it shown that Logan had anything other than friendly/protective affections for Rogue. He was never shown to be interested in her romantically.

I respect the shippers out there, any pairing that works for them, works for me. But keep it real LR4life, film-based Rogan shipping came from the two actors' chemistry and the father/daughter, teacher/student, older/younger, two loners angle. Not from any planned or intentioned romance between the two characters as portrayed in the ACTUAL film.

There's a difference in picking up on subtly and wondering, and picking up on subtly, running with it and declaring it the honest truth.
I guess we have all have different opinions but I beg to differ on the the intentional thing. Yes there was things thrown in there intentionally. In every film. If Singer didn't want people thinking something couldn't happen with them. Why have the whole first film be about them mostly. Why make it about them and then why not have him just going after Jean. No Rogue included. Why in the second film didn't he just leave out the scenes where she was so excited to see him and basically just through Bobby to the wind? Why make Bobby jealous of Logan? So pleas don't insult me and say none of it was intentional. Why throw in all the looks, they shared with each other. Yes there was definitely sexual attraction there also. BEHOLDME, obviously you guys just don't want to see what is there. It's okay though. We all see what we want. We will just have to wait until the movie comes out and then we will see how it plays out.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:49 AM   #316
LR4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
They shared a bond, he saved her life. It has nothing to do with him wanting her.
Really so you would just save the life of some chick you just met? Come on. I never said that he was completely in love with Rogue, but he did have some not so innocent feelings for her.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:12 AM   #317
Super Film
Side-Kick

Quote:
If Singer didn't want people thinking something couldn't happen with them. Why have the whole first film be about them mostly.
It's entirely possible for a film to have a heterosexual man and woman the major players without them having a potential sexual relationship.

Quote:
Why make it about them and then why not have him just going after Jean. No Rogue included.
The characters of Wolverine and Rogue acted as our introductions to mutation/mutants. Their unique situations helped to serve the more dramatic themes in the X-Universe (ostracism, fearing your own body, being alone, etc). That's why they existed in the first film together.

In nowhere in the film did Logan pursue Rogue in any manner other than saving her life/looking out for her. The only character Logan pursued romantically/sexually was Jean. If you care to cite a very specific example of Wolverine going after Rogue in the same way he went after Jean, I'm all ears.

Quote:
Why in the second film didn't he just leave out the scenes where she was so excited to see him and basically just through Bobby to the wind?
It's entirely appropriate to acknowledge that these two had a connection in the previous film. As it was stated at the end of the first film, Rogue was taken with Logan (he saved her life for goodness' sake). So that crush subtly, almost imperceptibly, continues in X2. Once again, that only went one way. Rogue for Logan.

Quote:
Why make Bobby jealous of Logan?
Have you ever met a teenage boy?

Quote:
So pleas don't insult me and say none of it was intentional.
No insult meant. It was entirely intentional that ROGUE developed a crush on Logan in the first film, which carried over into the second. There was NOTHING to indicate anything other than friendship from Logan. Look at the tent scene from X2 and the very deliberate expression Wolverine has when Mystique transforms into Rogue. Very intentional.

Quote:
Why throw in all the looks, they shared with each other.
Once again, establishing the relationship (unrequited feelings) from the first film. There are no looks coming from Logan towards Rogue that are similar to the ones he gave Jean.

Quote:
Yes there was definitely sexual attraction there also.
Try not to confuse sexual attraction written between characters and two actors' chemistry (be it emotional or sexual or whatever).

Quote:
We all see what we want. We will just have to wait until the movie comes out and then we will see how it plays out.
This is exactly what's happening. I get it. I'm a fan of Rogan pairing in comics and even film. They had chemistry. But ROGAN is not written in the films. There are no shared feelings between the two other than friendship. You're seeing more and that's great that it works for you. But not everyone is going to swallow your pill, me included.

As far as waiting to see what gets addressed in DOFP, I hope you're not holding your breath.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:15 AM   #318
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Lol, when did this thread turn into 50 Shades of Rogue?

It's like people didn't watch Anna and Hugh act together in X1 and 2 (and even X3). It's like people didn't realize Rogue was a confused (about everything) teenage girl who didn't know what to feel and who to trust. And, most of all, it's like they didn't see Logan being completely indifferent about the fact Rogue and Bobby were dating and was just genuinely curious. Hugh could *not* have given more non-chalant looks to Rogue's (admittedly) more expecting looks.

Come on, Rogue clearly had a crush in X1 and the first half of X2, but Logan (also clearly) never felt anything naughty about her. Like, ever. There's literally not one shot in the entire trilogy that can attest to it. Not even a frame.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:19 AM   #319
SAUspartan
Kurtty Fan

Whats this about Rogue and Wolverine making out in 616? Isnt that the main canon Marvel universe? I had no idea they ever kissed in the comics. Maybe im not as caught up as i thought. haha.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:27 AM   #320
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUspartan View Post
Whats this about Rogue and Wolverine making out in 616? Isnt that the main canon Marvel universe? I had no idea they ever kissed in the comics. Maybe im not as caught up as i thought. haha.
Their first mission together after betraying the Brotherhood she and him are being shot at and she um "cops a feel" of Logan an clearly they have an attraction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 08-13-2013, 01:39 AM   #321
LR4life
Side-Kick

Well whatever you all say. I'll just wait and see how it all plays out. I'm really excited for this movie though. I loved all the X-men movies, Except the last one and Wolverine: Origins. Not that good. Oh and the tent scene was intentional as Mystique was trying to figure out what he wanted. Logan's reaction was of surprise. Like to me if he had been caught. Just different views and opinions, but there was more going on then what you think and maybe not as much as I think. We shall see.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:44 AM   #322
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

He was surprised with every face Mystique morphed into, not just Rogue. Come on. Mystique even morphed into Stryker, 10 seconds after he made with her as Jean. It's clear what this scene was trying to do.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:07 AM   #323
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Yeah my sister while watching it was like "he's gay?" really concerned and confused but the tent scene wasn't supposed to be about him wanting to have sex with them it was to continue the first movie which side he's on thing because he never really chose a side. He even show this by the end by saying he'll "take his chances with them" to Stryker inferring he chose the X-Men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 08-13-2013, 02:07 AM   #324
LR4life
Side-Kick

No he was getting hot an bothered. Pay attention to the sweat he wipes off his forehead. He didn't show any reaction to Storm, Just to Jean and Rogue. I'm not reaching here. It's there. Has anybody ever heard the term, read between the lines? LOL!
We'll just wait and see and hey if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I would rather wait and see where Bryan Singer goes.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:10 AM   #325
LR4life
Side-Kick

Oh and I'm confused by you Jaymes, are you for Rogan or against it?

Closed Thread