The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 03:11 AM   #326
jaymes_e06
TRINITY
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 15,339
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

He had a reaction to Stryker too does that mean he wanted him?

I think not and again that was meant more as a comic releif at the end of the scene. Jean is what got him hot and bothered no one else.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Holy s***, Jennifer Lawrence. How many f***ing nude pictures do you have? Every new fappening, there's like 30 more pictures.

:o
jaymes_e06 is offline  
Old 08-13-2013, 03:13 AM   #327
jaymes_e06
TRINITY
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 15,339
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR4life View Post
Oh and I'm confused by you Jaymes, are you for Rogan or against it?
In the comics I thought for sure that they would hook up when I read back issues from right after Rogue was introduced and I was down for that. The films however give a different tone to their relationship that would squander a very nice platonic friendship IMO.

Though they would be hot together.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Holy s***, Jennifer Lawrence. How many f***ing nude pictures do you have? Every new fappening, there's like 30 more pictures.

:o
jaymes_e06 is offline  
Old 08-13-2013, 03:13 AM   #328
LR4life
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 52
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Well Mystique wasn't lying on top of him when she turned into Stryker. Big difference.

LR4life is offline  
Old 08-13-2013, 03:15 AM   #329
LR4life
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 52
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
In the comics I thought for sure that they would hook up when I read back issues from right after Rogue was introduced and I was down for that. The films however give a different tone to their relationship that would squander a very nice platonic friendship IMO.

Though they would be hot together.

Oh okay. Because one minute it'll like you want to see them but then your against them. I understand what your saying but oh yes they would be hot together.

LR4life is offline  
Old 08-13-2013, 03:15 AM   #330
Super Film
Side-Kick
 
Super Film's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 499
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR4life View Post
No he was getting hot an bothered. Pay attention to the sweat he wipes off his forehead. He didn't show any reaction to Storm, Just to Jean and Rogue.
Nope. You're remembering that scene wrong.

By your standards, Wolverine and Cyclops were getting it on in the X-Jet while the ladies went shopping--considering all of their stolen glances.


Super Film is online now  
Old 08-13-2013, 03:18 AM   #331
LR4life
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 52
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post
Nope. You're remembering that scene wrong.

By your standards, Wolverine and Cyclops were getting it on in the X-Jet while the ladies went shopping--considering all of their stolen glances.

Oh your funny SuperFilm! I like you. That is so freaking funny! Bahahaha!

LR4life is offline  
Old 08-13-2013, 03:20 AM   #332
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR4life View Post
No he was getting hot an bothered. Pay attention to the sweat he wipes off his forehead. He didn't show any reaction to Storm, Just to Jean and Rogue. I'm not reaching here. It's there. Has anybody ever heard the term, read between the lines? LOL!
We'll just wait and see and hey if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I would rather wait and see where Bryan Singer goes.
Bryan Singer already went. In X1 and 2.

Oh, btw, Wolverine is hot and bothered and sweaty in 5 of the 6 movies he's appeared. Seriously, you're reaching, big time. And you're completely underselling the movies if you think that the biggest character building scenes are all about "ships".

Gianakin_ is offline  
Old 08-13-2013, 03:30 AM   #333
LR4life
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 52
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Look, basically it's all left up to interpretation. Did through any of the original movies did we ever hear Rogue say she wanted Logan or that she had a crush on him or was in love with him. NO! But obviously everybody agrees on here that she had a crush on him. Why do they agree, because of what they saw played on screen. Same thing goes for Logan. Just because he didn't say he wanted her or had feelings for her doesn't mean that he didn't.

LR4life is offline  
Old 08-13-2013, 03:34 AM   #334
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

1)Jean tells Logan she has a crush on him.

2)It IS a matter of interpretation, but seriosuly, Singer made things pretty clear on Logan's part. His indifference about the Bobby/Rogue relationship couldn't be more clear. Especially when the movie go out of their way to show Logan is all about Jean and nobody else.

3)While interpretation is most certainly subjective, don't you find it weird that everyone agrees Rogue felt something for Logan, whereas only you (and I think one more) believe Logan felt something even remotely romantic about Rogue?

Gianakin_ is offline  
Old 08-13-2013, 03:44 AM   #335
UrbanCougar
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 83
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
1))It IS a matter of interpretation, but seriosuly, Singer made things pretty clear on Logan's part. His indifference about the Bobby/Rogue relationship couldn't be more clear. Especially when the movie go out of their way to show Logan is all about Jean and nobody else.
But Logan wasn't 'all about Jean' until X3, which Singer wasn't involved in. We will never know what Singer intended for Logan and Rogue in X3. We do have some indication that he was ready to drop the whole Jean/Logan thing, as evidenced by the end of X2 when Logan was all, "Well she chose you, dude, so I guess that's that."

ETA: The X1 chemistry may have been accidental, but Singer obviously decided to roll with it. We'll see what he gives us in DOFP.

UrbanCougar is offline  
Old 08-13-2013, 03:50 AM   #336
Super Film
Side-Kick
 
Super Film's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 499
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
And you're completely underselling the movies if you think that the biggest character building scenes are all about "ships".
I agree 100%.

The greatest development in Wolverine's arc in the first film is thanks to the actual relationship he holds with Rogue--not some odd perceived sexual attraction he holds for this teenage girl.

When you think about it, it's a touching, endearing turn.

Here's this violent loner, presumably this way for at least 15 years. And through some random encounter, this teenage runaway latches onto him and he begrudgingly allows her to take residence in his life for a brief moment. There's nothing romantic about this.

Then they both open up to each other (in what I consider a brilliant character scene in his truck/camper). Again, nothing romantic about it, it's more about loneliness and finding similarities in other people when you consider yourself unlikeable or not worthy of friendship.

"When they come out, does it hurt?" Has anyone asked him that?

Then they're attacked and when he comes to, his immediate concern is for this newfound friend, his sister in freakdom--the only person he knows to be like him.

And once he knows she's fine, he'll happily leave her there to be on his way, if only for that dreaded Magneto who's after him (spoiler alert, there's a twist).

And he stabs her with his claws and is devastated, but she returns the favor. So there's this great dynamic between these two characters who have used their powers on one another, but aren't enemies--they're friends. And she takes off and he's looking for her, because they've officially gone through this weird stuff together (attacked by Sabretooth, picked up by superheroes, shut in a school for mutants, etc).

As far as we know, Rogue's the closest friend he has in the world. Which is such a good dynamic, because she's a child. A man with metal claws and a scarf-wearing, gloved teenager. Weird.

This whole time, Logan is a flighty fool. Ready to hit the road. But when Rogue goes missing, there's that loose end that he needs to tie up before he can actually leave.

So he finds her at the train station and ends up making a promise he's never made has as far as he remembers and says he'll stay as long as she does. Because that's what friends are sometimes moved to do for one another.

And when Storm and Wolverine have that exchange in the hallway:

"At least I've chosen a side"

In the end, Wolverine does chose his side, which is a HUGE development for him as we've seen from the entirety of the film leading up to that point. So he saves Rogue's life and he's such a friend that he GIVES his power to her. Logan being charitable and heroic. Quite a change from the beginning of the film:

"Where am I supposed to go?"
"I don't know."
"You don't know or you don't care?"
"Pick one!"


And he ends up leaving, but promising to come back. Not just because she's there, but because he's found a home there in the same way Rogue has.

Super Film is online now  
Old 08-13-2013, 03:51 AM   #337
LR4life
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 52
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
1)Jean tells Logan she has a crush on him.

2)It IS a matter of interpretation, but seriosuly, Singer made things pretty clear on Logan's part. His indifference about the Bobby/Rogue relationship couldn't be more clear. Especially when the movie go out of their way to show Logan is all about Jean and nobody else.

3)While interpretation is most certainly subjective, don't you find it weird that everyone agrees Rogue felt something for Logan, whereas only you (and I think one more) believe Logan felt something even remotely romantic about Rogue?
1. Jean said I think she is a little taken with you. Her words, not Rogue's.
2. True and False, I don't think that Logan was happy with the whole Rogue/Bobby thing, but yes he was hung up on Jean, sexually.
3. No, you still don't get what I'm saying. I'm not saying he was in love with Rogue. I'm saying that he had feelings for her though. Even though it was never shown that much to be romantic, there was definitely sexual tension between them. A lot of unspoken things between them that should have been said, but then there's X-3 and he even told her that he wasn't her father, he was her FRIEND. That says a lot to me . Rogue was happy about that. It meant in my mind, I'm not your Daddy, I'm your friend. Yeah, yada yada. It was his way of saying you do what you want not what you think others want. That was very telling and then he called her Marie. It was a one step closer. Oh well though. I'm just ready to see if anything becomes of this whole thing.

LR4life is offline  
Old 08-13-2013, 03:58 AM   #338
LR4life
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 52
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCougar View Post
But Logan wasn't 'all about Jean' until X3, which Singer wasn't involved in. We will never know what Singer intended for Logan and Rogue in X3. We do have some indication that he was ready to drop the whole Jean/Logan thing, as evidenced by the end of X2 when Logan was all, "Well she chose you, dude, so I guess that's that."

ETA: The X1 chemistry may have been accidental, but Singer obviously decided to roll with it. We'll see what he gives us in DOFP.

Very well said Cougar and may I add. Way back in the day. Singer did an interview saying that when he did X3 the whole thing would come full circle. Well he didn't end up doing it and it didn't come full circle. To many people were killed that shouldn't had been. Scott and Xavier for sure. But I'm sure I'm not mistaken when I say that Singer was going to break Bobby and Rogue up by the 3rd movie and it was going to have Jean be the Dark Phoenix and it was going to be a quad again like in the first movie. Phoenix was suppose to be jealous of Rogue and try to kill her but instead turned on Logan and Rogue was suppose to save him and Scott was suppose to kill Jean. I know I read that years ago. Could have got it backwards, but it was suppose to go something like that. Oh and Magneto was suppose to be pushing Jean to do all of this.


Last edited by LR4life; 08-13-2013 at 04:00 AM. Reason: more word
LR4life is offline  
Old 08-13-2013, 04:08 AM   #339
LR4life
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 52
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post
I agree 100%.

The greatest development in Wolverine's arc in the first film is thanks to the actual relationship he holds with Rogue--not some odd perceived sexual attraction he holds for this teenage girl.

When you think about it, it's a touching, endearing turn.

Here's this violent loner, presumably this way for at least 15 years. And through some random encounter, this teenage runaway latches onto him and he begrudgingly allows her to take residence in his life for a brief moment. There's nothing romantic about this.

Then they both open up to each other (in what I consider a brilliant character scene in his truck/camper). Again, nothing romantic about it, it's more about loneliness and finding similarities in other people when you consider yourself unlikeable or not worthy of friendship.

"When they come out, does it hurt?" Has anyone asked him that?

Then they're attacked and when he comes to, his immediate concern is for this newfound friend, his sister in freakdom--the only person he knows to be like him.

And once he knows she's fine, he'll happily leave her there to be on his way, if only for that dreaded Magneto who's after him (spoiler alert, there's a twist).

And he stabs her with his claws and is devastated, but she returns the favor. So there's this great dynamic between these two characters who have used their powers on one another, but aren't enemies--they're friends. And she takes off and he's looking for her, because they've officially gone through this weird stuff together (attacked by Sabretooth, picked up by superheroes, shut in a school for mutants, etc).

As far as we know, Rogue's the closest friend he has in the world. Which is such a good dynamic, because she's a child. A man with metal claws and a scarf-wearing, gloved teenager. Weird.

This whole time, Logan is a flighty fool. Ready to hit the road. But when Rogue goes missing, there's that loose end that he needs to tie up before he can actually leave.

So he finds her at the train station and ends up making a promise he's never made has as far as he remembers and says he'll stay as long as she does. Because that's what friends are sometimes moved to do for one another.

And when Storm and Wolverine have that exchange in the hallway:

"At least I've chosen a side"

In the end, Wolverine does chose his side, which is a HUGE development for him as we've seen from the entirety of the film leading up to that point. So he saves Rogue's life and he's such a friend that he GIVES his power to her. Logan being charitable and heroic. Quite a change from the beginning of the film:

"Where am I supposed to go?"
"I don't know."
"You don't know or you don't care?"
"Pick one!"

And he ends up leaving, but promising to come back. Not just because she's there, but because he's found a home there in the same way Rogue has.
I agree, perfect example of their relationship in the beginning. What you say is true, but as time goes on, things change between them. It's not just friendship on their minds. I mean the girl was wearing his dog tag around her arm. When she gives it back to him she looks embarrassed and shy and he is thinking about what it means, and looks at her as she turns away. They've moved on since then. He knows she has feelings for him, but the beauty is he can't figure out what he feels for her. At first she was just this kid he promised to take care of, but now she's growing up and let's be honest in the new movie, Logan will not look at her like she's that kid again. She's a full grown woman now.

LR4life is offline  
Old 08-13-2013, 04:11 AM   #340
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCougar View Post
But Logan wasn't 'all about Jean' until X3, which Singer wasn't involved in. We will never know what Singer intended for Logan and Rogue in X3. We do have some indication that he was ready to drop the whole Jean/Logan thing, as evidenced by the end of X2 when Logan was all, "Well she chose you, dude, so I guess that's that."

ETA: The X1 chemistry may have been accidental, but Singer obviously decided to roll with it. We'll see what he gives us in DOFP.
He wasn't all about Jean when he was openly flirting with her in X1 and all but asked her to break up with Cyclops in X2? Which was, of course, continued in X3 and TW? True, Singer probably intended for him to have gotten over her death at the end of X2 and, since Marsden left, he essentially took on Cyclops' role in X3.

However, there are many kinds of chemistry. 2 actors playing siblings have to have chemistry, 2 actors playing father/son have to have chemistry, 2 actors palying lovers have to have chemistry. Hugh and Anna had undoubtable chemistry. Just not romantic on both sides.

Gianakin_ is offline  
Old 08-13-2013, 04:13 AM   #341
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR4life View Post
Very well said Cougar and may I add. Way back in the day. Singer did an interview saying that when he did X3 the whole thing would come full circle. Well he didn't end up doing it and it didn't come full circle. To many people were killed that shouldn't had been. Scott and Xavier for sure. But I'm sure I'm not mistaken when I say that Singer was going to break Bobby and Rogue up by the 3rd movie and it was going to have Jean be the Dark Phoenix and it was going to be a quad again like in the first movie. Phoenix was suppose to be jealous of Rogue and try to kill her but instead turned on Logan and Rogue was suppose to save him and Scott was suppose to kill Jean. I know I read that years ago. Could have got it backwards, but it was suppose to go something like that. Oh and Magneto was suppose to be pushing Jean to do all of this.
And how does "full circle" mean "Logan hooks up with Rogue"?

Gianakin_ is offline  
Old 08-13-2013, 04:18 AM   #342
Super Film
Side-Kick
 
Super Film's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 499
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCougar View Post
But Logan wasn't 'all about Jean' until X3, which Singer wasn't involved in.


Did you watch the first two films?!? Or did you watch them with your Rogan shades on?

Wolverine, from the start, was 'all about Jean'. He was a dog about it. Let me share a few scenes with you...

X1:

Logan and Jean in the infirmary, getting x-rayed.
Logan and Jean in the bedroom, getting settled in.
Logan and Jean's actual stolen glances at Liberty Island.
Logan and Jean in the infirmary, getting his bandages changed.

X2:

Logan and Jean in the foyer, after he returns.
Logan and Jean at the campsite, having a real good chat.
Logan and Jean at the campsite, having a real good make-out session.
Logan and Jean's actual stolen glances at Stryker's base.
Logan weeping for poor dead Jean.

Hmmm...I think Singer had a vision for Logan's infatuation with Jean and Jean's flirtation in return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR4life View Post
It's not just friendship on their minds. I mean the girl was wearing his dog tag around her arm. When she gives it back to him she looks embarrassed and shy and he is thinking about what it means, and looks at her as she turns away. They've moved on since then. He knows she has feelings for him, but the beauty is he can't figure out what he feels for her. At first she was just this kid he promised to take care of, but now she's growing up and let's be honest in the new movie, Logan will not look at her like she's that kid again. She's a full grown woman now.
None of this is represented in the films though LR4life. This is all reading like tired fanfiction. I have no problem with the pairing, but the intention isn't there in the films. Singer will not be pairing those two romantically, because they haven't been building up to this (among other reasons).

Super Film is online now  
Old 08-13-2013, 04:19 AM   #343
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR4life View Post
1. Jean said I think she is a little taken with you. Her words, not Rogue's.
2. True and False, I don't think that Logan was happy with the whole Rogue/Bobby thing, but yes he was hung up on Jean, sexually.
3. No, you still don't get what I'm saying. I'm not saying he was in love with Rogue. I'm saying that he had feelings for her though. Even though it was never shown that much to be romantic, there was definitely sexual tension between them. A lot of unspoken things between them that should have been said, but then there's X-3 and he even told her that he wasn't her father, he was her FRIEND. That says a lot to me . Rogue was happy about that. It meant in my mind, I'm not your Daddy, I'm your friend. Yeah, yada yada. It was his way of saying you do what you want not what you think others want. That was very telling and then he called her Marie. It was a one step closer. Oh well though. I'm just ready to see if anything becomes of this whole thing.
1.Which is the writers' way of saying "Rogue has a crush on Logan", without resorting to CW-like dialogue.

2.How was he not happy? He's even genuinely smiling at them when they announce it and the first thing he asks is how they make it work. And later, when he has his 1-1 with Bobby, he's particularly chatty and friendly. Bobby has the problem (because he's jealous of Logan because Logan had/has a crush on him), not Logan. There's nothing there.

3.Of course she has feelings. But feelings aren't only romantic and/or sexual. They deeply care for each other and the "Marie" line in X3 is meant to remind him. When he says "I'm not your father, I'm your friend", he's talking about the *fundamental* difference in dynamics between one person's relationship with his/her dad (the dad is more controlling, more austere and in the end his word is somewhat "law") and his/her friend (the friend will voice his/her concern, but no matter how stern his/her concern, he/she will never force his/her opinion on the person). Again, this is an efficient way to blatantly say "We're friends". Not to mention that right after that, he turns around and walks away. No sexual undertones there.

Gianakin_ is offline  
Old 08-13-2013, 04:23 AM   #344
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,435
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Logan wasn't all about Jean until X3???

It's made very clear 6 years earlier, in X-Men, when Logan tells Jean she can tell Rogue his heart belongs to someone else (obviously referring to Jean).

BMM is offline  
Old 08-13-2013, 04:23 AM   #345
UrbanCougar
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 83
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post


Did you watch the first two films?!? Or did you watch them with your Rogan shades on?

Wolverine, from the start, was 'all about Jean'. He was a dog about it. Let me share a few scenes with you...

X1:

Logan and Jean in the infirmary, getting x-rayed.
Logan and Jean in the bedroom, getting settled in.
Logan and Jean's actual stolen glances at Liberty Island.
Logan and Jean in the infirmary, getting his bandages changed.

X2:

Logan and Jean in the foyer, after he returns.
Logan and Jean at the campsite, having a real good chat.
Logan and Jean at the campsite, having a real good make-out session.
Logan and Jean's actual stolen glances at Stryker's base.
Logan weeping for poor dead Jean.
Yes, of course I watched the films. And of course I saw all of those scenes. But somehow it all left me with the feeling that if Logan had ever actually succeeded in hooking up with Jean, he would suddenly start spending most of his time figuring out how to get rid of her. That's just the type of character I saw written on screen. Especially given that he and Jean were polar opposites, and she was in a relationship with someone else.


Last edited by UrbanCougar; 08-14-2013 at 11:20 AM. Reason: grammar
UrbanCougar is offline  
Old 08-13-2013, 04:23 AM   #346
jaymes_e06
TRINITY
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 15,339
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR4life View Post
Very well said Cougar and may I add. Way back in the day. Singer did an interview saying that when he did X3 the whole thing would come full circle. Well he didn't end up doing it and it didn't come full circle. To many people were killed that shouldn't had been. Scott and Xavier for sure. But I'm sure I'm not mistaken when I say that Singer was going to break Bobby and Rogue up by the 3rd movie and it was going to have Jean be the Dark Phoenix and it was going to be a quad again like in the first movie. Phoenix was suppose to be jealous of Rogue and try to kill her but instead turned on Logan and Rogue was suppose to save him and Scott was suppose to kill Jean. I know I read that years ago. Could have got it backwards, but it was suppose to go something like that. Oh and Magneto was suppose to be pushing Jean to do all of this.
Jean's storyline would have had nothing to do with Logan and Rogues relationship at all. She would have been a God resurrection Jesus second coming kind of character arc and probably would have had little screen time with Rogue. Except in the final battle maybe Rogue could have tried to take her powers.

Scott would have killed Jean and Magneto would have had a pseudo Hellfire Club with Emma being played by Sigourney Weaver but that's all we know for sure.

I'm not sure where your getting the Jean being jealous of Rogue thing from. Do you have a link to that interview? I've never seen it.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Holy s***, Jennifer Lawrence. How many f***ing nude pictures do you have? Every new fappening, there's like 30 more pictures.

:o
jaymes_e06 is offline  
Old 08-13-2013, 04:25 AM   #347
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR4life View Post
I mean the girl was wearing his dog tag around her arm.
That's, like, the epitome of friendship and a trusting relationship.

Quote:
When she gives it back to him she looks embarrassed and shy and he is thinking about what it means, and looks at her as she turns away. They've moved on since then. He knows she has feelings for him, but the beauty is he can't figure out what he feels for her.
Yes, she looks like that because all the old feelings come back (and slowly go away as X2 goes on, because that's part of Rogue's character development throughout the duology).

He just looks at her, genuinely happy to see her well. Nothing under that look. And then the Bobby intro, and then you have him exchange *intense* glances with Jean. I mean, the movie couldn't make it clearer if it wanted to. Any more blatant and you'd think a Nolan wrote it.

Gianakin_ is offline  
Old 08-13-2013, 04:26 AM   #348
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCougar View Post
Yes, of course I watched the films. And of course I saw all of those scenes. But somehow it all left me with the feeling that if somehow Logan had ever succeeded in hooking up with Jean, he would suddenly start spending most of his time figuring out how to get rid of her. That's just the type of character I saw written on screen. Especially given that he and Jean were polar opposites, and she was in a relationship with someone else.
That's clearly your projection on Jean, though, not what Logan felt about her.

Gianakin_ is offline  
Old 08-13-2013, 04:34 AM   #349
LR4life
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 52
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCougar View Post
Yes, of course I watched the films. And of course I saw all of those scenes. But somehow it all left me with the feeling that if somehow Logan had ever succeeded in hooking up with Jean, he would suddenly start spending most of his time figuring out how to get rid of her. That's just the type of character I saw written on screen. Especially given that he and Jean were polar opposites, and she was in a relationship with someone else.
You are correct on this and when it was all said and done Logan would have regretted sleeping with Jean. Hey if Singer wanted Logan and Jean to hook up, they would have hooked up in the 2nd movie before she was supposedly dead. Get a clue guys. They weren't suppose to. Just more drama thrown in. Jean was a distraction for Logan and vice versa. He was a distraction for her. Just 2 people who wanted to get it on. Oh and Jaymes I have no idea where that interview is, but it was more of a ploy to get rid of Logan and Rogue by Magneto's doing. Meaning come full circle like in the first movie. I never said they were going to hook up after that. Don't know because he didn't direct the last one. Rogue and Logan may never hookup, but they have potential too. In the original trilogy there was only 2 women in Logans orbit, and that was Jean and she's dead and Rogue. It will be the same on the new movie. Unless he makes out with Mystique in the past. That's it.

LR4life is offline  
Old 08-13-2013, 04:36 AM   #350
LR4life
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 52
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Jean also made it perfectly clear that she loved Scott so Logan was going to lose anyways.

LR4life is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.