The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #751
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

She will probably have a new show in a year or so

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 09-03-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #752
Angamb
Banned User

hopefully she declines it!

She needs more movies, and less tv

Old 09-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #753
Melapi
Side-Kick

I predict that after TB she will have good offers from movies that she will be able to accept thanks to her more flexible schedule, now she's a bigger star and b.TB. she did some awesome movies so it's the logical thing to expect.

Nowadays she will go whatever she finds a good project, even in TV. I know I read an interview where she said she didn't mind to come back to cable TV after TB, but if she does, I don't think it will be inmediatly.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #754
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
HBO has confirmed season 7 will be last for true blood.So If DOFP gets a sequel set in more present Anna can be back fully as rogue.
Thats good!

Hopefully there's X-Men 5 with Rogue!

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 09-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #755
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Thank God. Now she can be Rogue as more than a cameo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 09-04-2013, 12:22 AM   #756
X-Gal123
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Leaving aside the teamGambit vs teamWolverine....

- if it was up to only One power from the already confirmed characters for the apocalyptic future, which one would you like Rogue to take?
I would want her to take Magento's power and actually use it, it could lead to some awesome destroying sentinels scenes, Magento gets some awesome scenes using his power.

Though more importantly than Rogue absorbing any specific character, I'd like for her to actually use the power because despite in the movies absorbing the powers of Wolverine, Magneto, Iceman, Pyro and Colossus (I haven't seen the movies in awhile so I might be forgetting someone) the only time she really got to use there powers in a way that wasn't her just standing there was Pyro.

So I'd love if she would absorb Magento's powers and then use them in the way that Magneto would and destroy Sentinels.

Avatar courtesy of Mr Lex Luthor
Old 09-04-2013, 01:22 AM   #757
semperfibrandy
Side-Kick

I would like to give my opinion on the whole Logan/Rogue relationship. Some people see what they want and others don't. In reality in the movies. Rogue has a relationship with 2 men. That is Logan and Bobby, nobody else. In the first movie Logan looked at Rogue like a kid, someone that needed to be protected, and he made a promise to her that he would. Logan didn't want to care about Rogue but he did and does. He got caught up with Jean though. Let's be honest, he didn't even have sex with Jean, but he was totally in love with her? Get real. Back on topic. Logan has never had a successful relationship with a woman in the movies. What he felt for Jean was lust, not love. He was confused about his feelings. He tried to get her just to see if he could. I will never buy that he loved her. That was something that was really stupid in the movies if you ask me. He on the other hand did love Rogue. But he was looking at her like she was a kid. for people to say that he didn't have feelings for Rogue, is kinda dumb to me. I mean if he was totally in love with Jean and had never slept with her, how can you say he didn't have feelings for Rogue. I mean the man risked his life to save her. He definitely had some kind of feelings for her. Even at the end of the movie, he gave her part of his past. In the second movie, Singer threw Bobby into the mix. Rogue still had feelings for Logan and that's quite obvious. Bobby was jealous as hell of him. Logan of course was still hung up on Jean, but it was pure lust. I mean hell they didn't even share many scenes in the second movie. He was with Rogue most of it. Then in the last movie, they had one solid scene together because Ratner put the Jean/Logan thing front and center. Which was crazy to me. Oh and in the last movie Ratner did do something to make Rogan fans happy. He established that LOGAN DOES NOT LOOK AT ROGUE LIKE A DAUGHTER. He said it himself. I'm not your father, i'm your friend. To come to the conclusion that he never had feelings for Rogue is about as dumb to think he was really in love with Jean. I mean he didn't sleep with either of them.

On a side note, the writer for The Wolverine was going to put Rogue in that movie, because he loved the relationship between them and he knew there was more there than meets the eye.
I personally don't care who Rogue ends up with as long as it's not Bobby or Gambit. Rogue had to grow up a little bit but now she would be about 28 or 29 years old. She's a grown woman now. No ewww factor to it. Logan is only in his late 30's early 40's so please don't say he's to old for her. That's dumb. He too old for all the ladies. LOL!

One more side note. In the tent scene. Logan was not disgusted when Mystique turned into Rogue he was shocked and afraid. Notice he didn't throw Mystique off until she turned back into Jean. I still say there was a part of him that wanted Rogue, but he couldn't have her. He was afraid of what he wanted. So instead he just goes after Jean. Crazy huh? Oh and I never said he WAS IN LOVE WITH ROGUE, I said he loved her. Two different things. Sorry I was so long with this. Just trying to state my case. Besides if Rogue is not with Bobby, Logan is the logical choice. Rogue has feelings for Logan.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:38 AM   #758
DOFP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
How about this:

Wolverine had already "turned down" Rogue based on Jean telling Wolverine back at the infirmary at the end of the X-men movie that Rogue was taken with him and Logan telling her his heart belongs to someone else?

Or watch Logan in disgust when Mystique morphs into Rogue in that tent in X2?

Or when Wolverine arrives back at the mansion after his trip to Alkali Lake. After he calls her "kid" ("You missed me kid?"), he acts differently towards her (older brother, protector/younger sister) Vs. a flirtatious Jean. Even Storm felt awkward and had to step out of the scene.

Considering this has been brought up ad nauseum, I did not feel the need to bring it up again.

After 10+ years.

Apparently we still need to.

Bravo, Bravo. My thoughts exactly. The relationship between Rogue and Logan is my favorite relationship of the whole franchise and can't wait to see what DOFP has to bring, BUT I never saw a "romance" between them. She was probably confused, she was a TEENAGER so it's possible that she may have seen him as more than friends, but there's also a possibility that she may have seen him as a role model/older brother who would protect her. As for Logan, I don't think he sees Rogue as anything else but friends, yes only friends, nothing else. And besides do we really wanna see Logan with ANOTHER love interest, and for that to be rogue? Pffff, not me. I wanna see her as a independent strong mutant and not to be over shadowed by wolverine's next love interest. So to wrap it up, it's a definitely no from me. No rogue/wolverine couple. Bring Gambit!!

Old 09-04-2013, 04:54 AM   #759
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfibrandy View Post
I would like to give my opinion on the whole Logan/Rogue relationship. Some people see what they want and others don't. In reality in the movies. Rogue has a relationship with 2 men. That is Logan and Bobby, nobody else. In the first movie Logan looked at Rogue like a kid, someone that needed to be protected, and he made a promise to her that he would. Logan didn't want to care about Rogue but he did and does. He got caught up with Jean though. Let's be honest, he didn't even have sex with Jean, but he was totally in love with her? Get real. Back on topic. Logan has never had a successful relationship with a woman in the movies. What he felt for Jean was lust, not love. He was confused about his feelings. He tried to get her just to see if he could. I will never buy that he loved her. That was something that was really stupid in the movies if you ask me. He on the other hand did love Rogue. But he was looking at her like she was a kid. for people to say that he didn't have feelings for Rogue, is kinda dumb to me. I mean if he was totally in love with Jean and had never slept with her, how can you say he didn't have feelings for Rogue. I mean the man risked his life to save her. He definitely had some kind of feelings for her. Even at the end of the movie, he gave her part of his past. In the second movie, Singer threw Bobby into the mix. Rogue still had feelings for Logan and that's quite obvious. Bobby was jealous as hell of him. Logan of course was still hung up on Jean, but it was pure lust. I mean hell they didn't even share many scenes in the second movie. He was with Rogue most of it. Then in the last movie, they had one solid scene together because Ratner put the Jean/Logan thing front and center. Which was crazy to me. Oh and in the last movie Ratner did do something to make Rogan fans happy. He established that LOGAN DOES NOT LOOK AT ROGUE LIKE A DAUGHTER. He said it himself. I'm not your father, i'm your friend. To come to the conclusion that he never had feelings for Rogue is about as dumb to think he was really in love with Jean. I mean he didn't sleep with either of them.

On a side note, the writer for The Wolverine was going to put Rogue in that movie, because he loved the relationship between them and he knew there was more there than meets the eye.
I personally don't care who Rogue ends up with as long as it's not Bobby or Gambit. Rogue had to grow up a little bit but now she would be about 28 or 29 years old. She's a grown woman now. No ewww factor to it. Logan is only in his late 30's early 40's so please don't say he's to old for her. That's dumb. He too old for all the ladies. LOL!

One more side note. In the tent scene. Logan was not disgusted when Mystique turned into Rogue he was shocked and afraid. Notice he didn't throw Mystique off until she turned back into Jean. I still say there was a part of him that wanted Rogue, but he couldn't have her. He was afraid of what he wanted. So instead he just goes after Jean. Crazy huh? Oh and I never said he WAS IN LOVE WITH ROGUE, I said he loved her. Two different things. Sorry I was so long with this. Just trying to state my case. Besides if Rogue is not with Bobby, Logan is the logical choice. Rogue has feelings for Logan.
Sorry to say this, but you have completely misunderstood how it was all written and acted. You're seeing it how you want it to have been and not how it was. That isn't what happened. All that is a biased viewpoint based on your personal wants and it contradicts what the characters, actors, producers and directors have said and done on the matter. There wasn't and never will be a romance between Logan and Rogue. It was firmly established Wolverine has no romantic or sexual interest in her. He's had enough women in his story arc already, he won't have her. And she was over her crush on him by the end of X3. She will not still has any kind of feelings for him a decade later. Especially when she may not have even seen him in years by the time of DOFP events.

The trailer has shown that she is still somehow involved in the Bobby/Kitty stuff (which is unrealistic in itself), her and Logan won't share much screen time because he's in the past and she's elsewhere, she is currently untouchable to any man so this whole thing is about as moot as it can get and Anna herself wants Gambit which indicates there is no hope for Logan or Bobby. It's a done deal. It's time W/R shippers faced the truth. It was told to you all years ago and to keep believing otherwise when you have nothing to base it on is getting ridiculous. And to keep filling up the thread with talk of it also is. This is like banging your and our heads against a brick wall. Repeatedly.

I have always loved the W/R bond. But I know the truth of it. It was a friend/surrogate family bond. I hope it's somehow still exists in DOFP, but anything else isn't possible.

Last edited by xDOFPx; 09-04-2013 at 04:57 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:41 AM   #760
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Ain't gonna be no Rogan in this franchise. Get back to yer fanfics, shippers... lol

Old 09-04-2013, 06:47 AM   #761
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

At least we know which forum the next "man of the wildierness gets it on with fragile shy girl" best seller will come from.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #762
UrbanCougar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
Sorry to say this, but you have completely misunderstood how it was all written and acted.
See, here's my take on this. Maybe when the script was originally written, they didn't intend on having any kind of romantic undertones to the Wolverine/Rogue relationship. But it does make you wonder though, why include so many romantic tropes in the story? It really isn't the fault of Rogan shippers that they saw the movie as borderline romantic. The plot of the first film basically goes like this:

Boy meets girl in bar.
Boy and girl hit the road together.
Boy and girl get attacked.
Boy and girl share intense moment in the middle of the night.
Girl runs away from boy after misunderstanding.
Boy goes crazy looking for her.
Boy and girl meet/talk on train. Boy promises to take care of her.
Girl gets abducted.
Boy saves girl (risking his life to do so).
Boy gives girl a token of himself and promises to be back.

Again, not saying it's a romance. Just pointing out that Rogan shippers are not totally crazy for seeing the potential for romance here. And I believe the producers knew what they were doing (ie. creating ambiguity, if even a little bit) when writing and directing the first X-men. Otherwise they wouldn't have left certain scenes in the film.

I mean, just look at the bedroom scene. Another HUGE romantic trope, even though it was written non-romantically and certainly didn't end up the way your typical romantic scene would. But the trope is still there. Rogue going into a half-naked Logan's bedroom in the middle of the night wearing a clingy nightgown had to have raised at least one eyebrow on set. But they left stuff like this in the film anyway.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #763
semperfibrandy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Sorry to say this, but you have completely misunderstood how it was all written and acted. You're seeing it how you want it to have been and not how it was. That isn't what happened. All that is a biased viewpoint based on your personal wants and it contradicts what the characters, actors, producers and directors have said and done on the matter. There wasn't and never will be a romance between Logan and Rogue. It was firmly established Wolverine has no romantic or sexual interest in her. He's had enough women in his story arc already, he won't have her. And she was over her crush on him by the end of X3. She will not still has any kind of feelings for him a decade later. Especially when she may not have even seen him in years by the time of DOFP events.

The trailer has shown that she is still somehow involved in the Bobby/Kitty stuff (which is unrealistic in itself), her and Logan won't share much screen time because he's in the past and she's elsewhere, she is currently untouchable to any man so this whole thing is about as moot as it can get and Anna herself wants Gambit which indicates there is no hope for Logan or Bobby. It's a done deal. It's time W/R shippers faced the truth. It was told to you all years ago and to keep believing otherwise when you have nothing to base it on is getting ridiculous. And to keep filling up the thread with talk of it also is. This is like banging your and our heads against a brick wall. Repeatedly.

I have always loved the W/R bond. But I know the truth of it. It was a friend/surrogate family bond. I hope it's somehow still exists in DOFP, but anything else isn't possible.
I'm not seeing something that wasn't there. I never said Logan was in love with Rogue, but he did have feelings for her to some extent. Reread my post. He may have never said he had feelings for her, but come on, Rogue never said she had feelings for him either, but it was certainly applied. I saw a snippet the other day of an interview where Anna herself said that Rogue was torn between Bobby and Logan. I will find it and post it. Stop saying that it will never happen. You have no idea what will happen in the movie, it may or may not happen, but it's a movie and they can do as they please. Even if she don't have anything with him in DOFP that doesn't mean that there's not any feelings between them. I mean basically the whole first movie established a relationship between them and it's not in a family way at all. They have a connection between them and it has been said by Hugh and Anna. I will find that interview too. I want Rogue to be with him, or maybe even Colossus. I mean do you really think that Jean loved Logan, no she did not. She made it clear she loved Scott. She was attracted to Logan, but definitely not in love with him. Sometimes you have to read between the lines.

It's like this. Say your watching a movie and it's a romance movie and you have a guy who is friends with a girl, and this guy is with somebody else, but his friend the girl, is in love with him and he doesn't know it. Then in the end, he realizes he loved the girl, he just didn't realize it. What I'm trying to say is just because he didn't love her then doesn't mean he can't love her now. She grown now, so I see no reason why they can't try something with them. Seems like everybody thinks Rogue is still 17 and she is not. So don't claim it won't happen when you have no idea what the writers are thinking.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #764
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Perhaps Rogue is what Logan needs to get him over his obsession with Jean.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #765
semperfibrandy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCougar View Post
See, here's my take on this. Maybe when the script was originally written, they didn't intend on having any kind of romantic undertones to the Wolverine/Rogue relationship. But it does make you wonder though, why include so many romantic tropes in the story? It really isn't the fault of Rogan shippers that they saw the movie as borderline romantic. The plot of the first film basically goes like this:

Boy meets girl in bar.
Girl gets abducted.

Again, not saying it's a romance. Just pointing out that Rogan shippers are not totally crazy for seeing the potential for romance here. And I believe the producers knew what they were doing (ie. creating ambiguity, if even a little bit) when writing and directing the first X-men. Otherwise they wouldn't have left certain scenes in the film.

I mean, just look at the bedroom scene. Another HUGE romantic trope, even though it was written non-romantically and certainly didn't end up the way your typical romantic scene would. But the trope is still there. Rogue going into a half-naked Logan's bedroom in the middle of the night wearing a clingy nightgown had to have raised at least one eyebrow on set. But they left stuff like this in the film anyway.
Well said. It has all the makings of a romance. They threw Jean in as a distraction. Classic setup. Like I said up above. The lingering looks, and the touching. I mean my God, your not suppose to touch Rogue, but Logan purposely does, just screams UST!

Old 09-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #766
semperfibrandy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
I think this too. You are right. Logan was obsessed with Jean, not in love with her. I mean even in X3 he even told Scott maybe we should both move on and then here she came and his obsession came back. I think his character is based on instincts. A wolf stalks it's prey thing. He has feelings but they are misplaced most of the time. It's like he's bi-polar. You could be right. Rogue could calm him, because she understands him.

Old 09-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #767
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
Have you not seen The Wolverine yet?

Old 09-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #768
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Have you not seen The Wolverine yet?
No.

Old 09-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #769
Angamb
Banned User

What about Logan and Kitty? That would explore something new for Wolverine, so maybe Fox is really interested in that

Old 09-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #770
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCougar View Post

Boy meets girl in bar.
Girl gets abducted.

They are crazy if they are insisting something was definitely there. It wasn't acted to give any hint of romance either. And the producers, actors, directors and characters have all said it was never there and never intended to be. That is a fact. There is no room for doubt on that.

Old 09-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #771
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
What about Logan and Kitty? That would explore something new for Wolverine, so maybe Fox is really interested in that
I agree. Or Wolverine/Blink, Wolverine/Storm, Wolverine/young Mystique. In fact it should be young Mystique, it was always written that she wanted him and loved him. Look at the tent scene. That is proof. Kitty obviously wanted him as well, them fighting together in the danger room and in the final battle. Being near each other in scenes and him being her teacher. That is proof. Storm wants him because they talked in scenes, fought together and he was nice to her sometimes. It's proof they're made for each other. He needs to be with every female mutant because the OT pointed towards it simply by the fact he was there.

I'm sure him just talking to Blink in DOFP will mean they'll get married one day. Wolverine only has to be nice to a female character and it's love

Old 09-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #772
SAUspartan
Kurtty Fan

Look, xDOFPx, you don't have to think Rogan is a possibility. As someone who loves the Rogue and Wolverine relationship for what it is...don't degrade what they have by comparing it to a kitty and logan danger room scene. It's may not be romantic feelings between Rogan but it's more than just a fight scene. I know you are likely just trying to make a point and going to an extreme...saying...theres a more likely chance Pigs will fly then a Rogan romance. But don't degrade there relationship just cause you don't like that some people may read to much into things.

Rogue and Wolverine have a special relationship. May not be romance ever but it is special.

Old 09-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #773
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
I agree. Or Wolverine/Blink, Wolverine/Storm, Wolverine/young Mystique. In fact it should be young Mystique, it was always written that she wanted him and loved him. Look at the tent scene. That is proof. Kitty obviously wanted him as well, them fighting together in the danger room and in the final battle. Being near each other in scenes and him being her teacher. That is proof. Storm wants him because they talked in scenes, fought together and he was nice to her sometimes. It's proof they're made for each other. He needs to be with every female mutant because the OT pointed towards it simply by the fact he was there.

I'm sure him just talking to Blink in DOFP will mean they'll get married one day. Wolverine only has to be nice to a female character and it's love
It's so obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 09-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #774
Mars123
Side-Kick

Ewwww I'm pretty sure wolverine And kitty would constitute as peadophelia, even if she's in her twenties!

Old 09-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #775
Mars123
Side-Kick

Let him be a lone wolf, that's what I remember him to be from the comics/cartoons

Closed Thread