The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 11:08 PM   #826
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,992
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenReilly View Post
The Gambit cameo in X2 has never seen the light of day. Only Bryan (and Fox) has it. It was short and they used Hugh Jackman's stunt double in the role, based on his look.

Also, I distinctly remember back in 2004 (after Singer had already left the franchise for Superman), where he mentioned at a Q&A that Gambit would have been the new X-Men member in his X3 (a la Nightcrawler in X2), not Beast or Angel. He tried using Beast in X1, and Angel in X2, but he said neither would have returned in his X3, and they would have opted for Gambit instead.

He's never mentioned having an actor in mind for the role, though. Not to my knowledge at least.
If Bryan Singer directed X3 and we got Gambit/Emma Frost. I wonder if we would have already seen Beast and Angel in one of these films and I wonder if they would have still moved forward with doing spin-offs after X-Men 3.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ROGUE | PORTRAYED BY ANNA PAQUIN
"The first boy I ever kissed ended up in a coma for three weeks. I can still feel him inside my head." - X1
"Bobby is gifted. You should see what he can do." - X2
"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #827
NanaT
X-Men United!
 
NanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,384
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCougar View Post
Was it this?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSDpjJ3rNY8

There may have also been another real cameo that was cut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
There was Bryan confirmed they filmed a cameo but much like the prologue scenes in X1 they have never seen the light of day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenReilly View Post
The Gambit cameo in X2 has never seen the light of day. Only Bryan (and Fox) has it. It was short and they used Hugh Jackman's stunt double in the role, based on his look.

Also, I distinctly remember back in 2004 (after Singer had already left the franchise for Superman), where he mentioned at a Q&A that Gambit would have been the new X-Men member in his X3 (a la Nightcrawler in X2), not Beast or Angel. He tried using Beast in X1, and Angel in X2, but he said neither would have returned in his X3, and they would have opted for Gambit instead.

He's never mentioned having an actor in mind for the role, though. Not to my knowledge at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
The actor that would've cameoed as Gambit in X2 was James Bamford.
Alright thanks guys, never knew any of this before. There's always something new to learn about the X-men movies. It's like the gift that keeps on giving. lol

__________________
X-MEN
Alone, You Are Mighty
Together, You Are LEGENDS!
- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
NanaT is offline  
Old 09-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #828
Melapi
Side-Kick
 
Melapi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 914
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
‏@BryanSinger
@Aye_Dreee_In: @BryanSinger Anymore X-men Days of Future Past news or pics (preferably Rogue)? Please, I need my fix. Soon!

Melapi is offline  
Old 09-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #829
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,902
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

sounds like promotional pictures will be released very soon

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is offline  
Old 09-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #830
xDOFPx
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,077
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

How soon is soon?

I am getting impatient to get a good look at Rogue. And some information.

xDOFPx is offline  
Old 09-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #831
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
sounds like promotional pictures will be released very soon
lets hope so!!

if not September, at least in October.

It would be awesome to see all characters at the same time, but I wouldnt mind if Fox releases them in groups. Like one day they release 6 characters, another day of the week next 6, and one final day the rest.

I dont care, as long as they release all the characters in the same month, Im fine

Angamb is offline  
Old 09-09-2013, 06:02 PM   #832
Farren
Side Kicker
 
Farren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Under Harvey Dent's Desk
Posts: 2,643
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

I have a feeling they're holding back on Rogue because she isn't going to be dressed like the others. She's going to have prison camp garb on.

__________________
C2: Cyclops Fans - United (2006)
I Believe in Aaron Eckhart
Farren is offline  
Old 09-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #833
Melapi
Side-Kick
 
Melapi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 914
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

If they want to hide that, she can have an uniform just for the photos.

Melapi is offline  
Old 09-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #834
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

some reports already mentioned that she seems to have the green/white comics costume...
I guess we'll have to wait for official teaser to see it by ourself

Angamb is offline  
Old 09-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #835
Farren
Side Kicker
 
Farren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Under Harvey Dent's Desk
Posts: 2,643
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

In the leaked footage it looked like she had a white/grayish suit on. (I mean, it's poor quality, but that was how it looked to me).

__________________
C2: Cyclops Fans - United (2006)
I Believe in Aaron Eckhart
Farren is offline  
Old 09-09-2013, 11:41 PM   #836
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,992
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
sounds like promotional pictures will be released very soon
Hopefully this month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren View Post
I have a feeling they're holding back on Rogue because she isn't going to be dressed like the others. She's going to have prison camp garb on.
Hmmm you know they could do it like Cyclops and Angel in X3. We didn't see them in uniforms in the film but in posters/promotional photos, we saw them wearing those X-Men leather outfits.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ROGUE | PORTRAYED BY ANNA PAQUIN
"The first boy I ever kissed ended up in a coma for three weeks. I can still feel him inside my head." - X1
"Bobby is gifted. You should see what he can do." - X2
"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 09-09-2013, 11:45 PM   #837
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick
 
EnDz0n3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,104
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

I bet it's going to be released by Entertainment Weekly first.

EnDz0n3 is offline  
Old 09-10-2013, 01:21 AM   #838
Farren
Side Kicker
 
Farren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Under Harvey Dent's Desk
Posts: 2,643
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Hmmm you know they could do it like Cyclops and Angel in X3. We didn't see them in uniforms in the film but in posters/promotional photos, we saw them wearing those X-Men leather outfits.
I was thinking about Singer's tweets, which were behind the scenes type stuff.

Although I suppose it's possible we just won't get one of those for Rogue. But I was thinking that could be the reason why he hasn't released one of her yet.

__________________
C2: Cyclops Fans - United (2006)
I Believe in Aaron Eckhart
Farren is offline  
Old 09-10-2013, 04:41 AM   #839
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

the green/white costume would be a reason to not post it as early as April too.

If Rogue is actually wearing a comics costume, thats something Singer and Fox might have wanted to reveal later, not during the filming.

Angamb is offline  
Old 09-10-2013, 05:06 AM   #840
xDOFPx
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,077
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
the green/white costume would be a reason to not post it as early as April too.

If Rogue is actually wearing a comics costume, thats something Singer and Fox might have wanted to reveal later, not during the filming.
I didn't see a green/white costume. I saw a white or grey jumpsuit and then what could possibly have been something darker with a hint of green in the other clip. It's hard to tell what she wears outside the probable prison because we could barely see anything.

I do agree though the most likely reason she hasn't been shown is because she looks different to the rest of the OT characters. It raises plot spoilers.

xDOFPx is offline  
Old 09-10-2013, 06:07 AM   #841
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,892
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
If Bryan Singer directed X3 and we got Gambit/Emma Frost. I wonder if we would have already seen Beast and Angel in one of these films and I wonder if they would have still moved forward with doing spin-offs after X-Men 3.
That's an interesting point. I don't think we would have seen Beast or Angel in Singer's X3/X4. But we would then have seen the proper Angel if they did later do a First Class origins story.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline  
Old 09-10-2013, 09:37 PM   #842
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,992
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
the green/white costume would be a reason to not post it as early as April too. If Rogue is actually wearing a comics costume, thats something Singer and Fox might have wanted to reveal later, not during the filming.
If Rogue is indeed wearing a green/white costume, then I guess that costume is just a casual wear.

I don't really see Rogue wearing a costume w/ a different color palette than everybody else (or with at least the mutants in the modern-day period). I just can imagine her in promotional materials/posters sticking out like a sore thumb because her X-Pals are wearing this black metallic costumes and her costume is green/white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
That's an interesting point. I don't think we would have seen Beast or Angel in Singer's X3/X4. But we would then have seen the proper Angel if they did later do a First Class origins story.
I don't know about that. But if Angel wasn't in X3 that Brett Ratner directed, who knows if he would have been in First Class' roster along with Beast, Banshee and Havok.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ROGUE | PORTRAYED BY ANNA PAQUIN
"The first boy I ever kissed ended up in a coma for three weeks. I can still feel him inside my head." - X1
"Bobby is gifted. You should see what he can do." - X2
"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 09-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #843
Figs
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 26,626
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
There was Bryan confirmed they filmed a cameo but much like the prologue scenes in X1 they have never seen the light of day.
I'm not surprised considering Gambit and Angel have cameos in the novelization for X-Men 2.

When Prof. X is targeting mutants and killing them, in the book it cuts to Gambit playing cards(kind of like in Origins:Wolverine) and his powers go haywire and his cards start exploding all over. Angel is flying somewhere(over snow I believe) and comes crashing down out of the air. Was hoping to see those in the movie, but I didn't mind considering how great the film turned out.

Figs is offline  
Old 09-10-2013, 11:41 PM   #844
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,610
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

If bryan had directed X3 there probally wouldn't have been a first class film.They probally would have keep going.

__________________
Best Marvel films-X2 X-Men Days of Future Past The Amazing Spider-Man X-Men Captain America The Winter Soldier The Wolverine X-Men first Class The Avengers Iron Man The Incredible Hulk
Best DC films-Superman Batman Returns Batman The Dark Knight Batman Begins Superman II The dark Knight Rises Superman Returns Watchmen
marvelrobbins is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 05:53 AM   #845
xDOFPx
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,077
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
If Rogue is indeed wearing a green/white costume, then I guess that costume is just a casual wear.

I don't really see Rogue wearing a costume w/ a different color palette than everybody else (or with at least the mutants in the modern-day period). I just can imagine her in promotional materials/posters sticking out like a sore thumb because her X-Pals are wearing this black metallic costumes and her costume is green/white.
There was no green/white costume in the clips. There was the grey jumpsuit which is proof she does wear something different to the others for at least part of the plot. She clearly isn't an X-Men anymore so she probably doesn't have a black suit. Which means it's doubtful she'll be wearing one when she returns either. They can't just magic up a black suit to fit in the middle of a war. I doubt they keep spare Rogue clothes around just in case she should randomly return after possibly years away. And Storm and Kitty battle suits wouldn't fit. I expect her to probably not wear what the others do and instead have more casual stuff as that's all they've got ala X2.

That doesn't mean she won't look like the others in the promo pictures to mask the plot. It does seem to be a flash of green in her 2nd clip but it's hard to tell what she's got on. This is why we need to see more of her.

xDOFPx is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #846
Feyd Rautha
Side-Kick
 
Feyd Rautha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 393
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
But Gambit is a more realistic prospect. Her staying with Bobby is also more realistic than Logan, which is everyone's point. When the movies and official sources keep saying W/R are not happening and never will then everyone has to accept it. No-one has said Gambit won't be in Rogue's life. You're personally against the idea and always see it as impossible when really it's not. You for whatever reason just want it to be that way. Singer himself said at SDCC it's a possibility being considered. It was not said to never be happening, so unlike W/R it is a viable option still. We can't deny that.

Rogue might even get an entirely new love interest in any sequels. Or never return and be left single at the end of DOFP and that's the last we ever see of her. That is also possible. But if she comes back for more she will not stay loveless as her character has a lot of romance in some form running through her life. Especially in the movieverse. She's become the tragic romantic heroine for the audience. She just doesn't really have a set in stone love interest. I expect her to have a new one in any sequels, whether it be Gambit or someone else. In DOFP I just expect her to lay to rest her romantic past so the character can move on. I'd be shocked if her past is going to be her future. After 3-4 movies it's time to move her on to something fresh.
Gambit’s in an awkward situation when it comes to popping up in an X-Men film based on the present (or future) because of the ‘Wolverine Origins’ timeline.

The only way I can think of squeezing Gambit into that timeline would be for someone like Mr. Sinister to clone him, something that was (sort of) done in the comics. If Sinister were to show up in the films, his connection with Gambit could be visited. It may not be a popular solution, but slightly more logical :P ....and cloning's a big thing for Sinister...

About Rogue’s love life? I don’t know, I’m hoping for her to be single...the love triangle in X3 was annoying...there’s more to the character than that...

Feyd Rautha is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #847
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick
 
EnDz0n3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,104
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
I'm not surprised considering Gambit and Angel have cameos in the novelization for X-Men 2.

When Prof. X is targeting mutants and killing them, in the book it cuts to Gambit playing cards(kind of like in Origins:Wolverine) and his powers go haywire and his cards start exploding all over. Angel is flying somewhere(over snow I believe) and comes crashing down out of the air. Was hoping to see those in the movie, but I didn't mind considering how great the film turned out.
I've never read either of the Claremont novelizations (X2 and TLS?) but in Singer's X2 Angel would've been a prisoner at the Weapon X facility. He would've been in the cell next to Cyclops (which meant more Cyclops scenes after he's captured). We would then learn that Stryker experimented on him as well, hence the metallic wings. IIRC, there were X-rays of his wings in the film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
Which means it's doubtful she'll be wearing one when she returns either. They can't just magic up a black suit to fit in the middle of a war. I doubt they keep spare Rogue clothes around just in case she should randomly return after possibly years away. And Storm and Kitty battle suits wouldn't fit. I expect her to probably not wear what the others do and instead have more casual stuff as that's all they've got ala X2.
That doesn't really mean anything. If that was the case, we would be asking how Tobey McGuire's Peter Parker, a high school kid who can barely afford a cheap second-hand car, come up with all that moolah for such an expensive-looking Spidey suit.

Or how Rogue and Iceman, for that matter, came up with suits at the end of X2, in the White House scene. If the script calls for a costume for a character, then they'll have the character in costume.

EnDz0n3 is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #848
Melapi
Side-Kick
 
Melapi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 914
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Or how Rogue and Iceman, for that matter, came up with suits at the end of X2, in the White House scene. .
There were more uniforms in the X-Jet. Remember when the X-Men were changing clothes and Rogue asked for their suits? Logan closed the drawer with an unworn suit inside, they probably have more in the jet.

Melapi is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #849
xDOFPx
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,077
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
There were more uniforms in the X-Jet. Remember when the X-Men were changing clothes and Rogue asked for their suits? Logan closed the drawer with an unworn suit inside, they probably have more in the jet.
That was then and this is now though. They weren't in a war then and it's a completely different situation. Rogue actually spent most of X2 in Bobby's mom's clothes for similar reasons to what I am talking about.

It's not impossible she'll have a suit but it is more likely she'll wear some street clothes. Or at most a generic suit because she won't have her own. All the others have ones styled to them. We may get our answers in the trailer. Either way we know she isn't wearing a suit in the prison (that's what it probably is). She isn't an X-Men at first from the looks of things.

xDOFPx is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #850
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick
 
EnDz0n3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,104
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
There were more uniforms in the X-Jet. Remember when the X-Men were changing clothes and Rogue asked for their suits? Logan closed the drawer with an unworn suit inside, they probably have more in the jet.
That's exactly the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
That was then and this is now though. They weren't in a war then and it's a completely different situation. Rogue actually spent most of X2 in Bobby's mom's clothes for similar reasons to what I am talking about.

It's not impossible she'll have a suit but it is more likely she'll wear some street clothes. Or at most a generic suit because she won't have her own. All the others have ones styled to them. We may get our answers in the trailer. Either way we know she isn't wearing a suit in the prison (that's what it probably is). She isn't an X-Men at first from the looks of things.
If they want Rogue in a costume, the film makers will find a way to have her in a costume.

Raimi (and everyone else in the known universe!) wanted Tobey in a Spidey costume. A few sketches later, Voila he has a costume. Doesn't matter (as previously mentioned) that a poor high school student like himself would not have the means to come up with a suit as elaborate as that.

EnDz0n3 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.