Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 11:08 PM   #826
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenReilly View Post
The Gambit cameo in X2 has never seen the light of day. Only Bryan (and Fox) has it. It was short and they used Hugh Jackman's stunt double in the role, based on his look.

Also, I distinctly remember back in 2004 (after Singer had already left the franchise for Superman), where he mentioned at a Q&A that Gambit would have been the new X-Men member in his X3 (a la Nightcrawler in X2), not Beast or Angel. He tried using Beast in X1, and Angel in X2, but he said neither would have returned in his X3, and they would have opted for Gambit instead.

He's never mentioned having an actor in mind for the role, though. Not to my knowledge at least.
If Bryan Singer directed X3 and we got Gambit/Emma Frost. I wonder if we would have already seen Beast and Angel in one of these films and I wonder if they would have still moved forward with doing spin-offs after X-Men 3.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 09-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #827
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCougar View Post
Was it this?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSDpjJ3rNY8

There may have also been another real cameo that was cut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
There was Bryan confirmed they filmed a cameo but much like the prologue scenes in X1 they have never seen the light of day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenReilly View Post
The Gambit cameo in X2 has never seen the light of day. Only Bryan (and Fox) has it. It was short and they used Hugh Jackman's stunt double in the role, based on his look.

Also, I distinctly remember back in 2004 (after Singer had already left the franchise for Superman), where he mentioned at a Q&A that Gambit would have been the new X-Men member in his X3 (a la Nightcrawler in X2), not Beast or Angel. He tried using Beast in X1, and Angel in X2, but he said neither would have returned in his X3, and they would have opted for Gambit instead.

He's never mentioned having an actor in mind for the role, though. Not to my knowledge at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
The actor that would've cameoed as Gambit in X2 was James Bamford.
Alright thanks guys, never knew any of this before. There's always something new to learn about the X-men movies. It's like the gift that keeps on giving. lol

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 09-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #828
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
‏@BryanSinger
@Aye_Dreee_In: @BryanSinger Anymore X-men Days of Future Past news or pics (preferably Rogue)? Please, I need my fix. Soon!

Old 09-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #829
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

sounds like promotional pictures will be released very soon

Old 09-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #830
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

How soon is soon?

I am getting impatient to get a good look at Rogue. And some information.

Old 09-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #831
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
lets hope so!!

if not September, at least in October.

It would be awesome to see all characters at the same time, but I wouldnt mind if Fox releases them in groups. Like one day they release 6 characters, another day of the week next 6, and one final day the rest.

I dont care, as long as they release all the characters in the same month, Im fine

Old 09-09-2013, 06:02 PM   #832
Farren
Side Kicker

I have a feeling they're holding back on Rogue because she isn't going to be dressed like the others. She's going to have prison camp garb on.

Old 09-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #833
Melapi
Side-Kick

If they want to hide that, she can have an uniform just for the photos.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #834
Angamb
Banned User

some reports already mentioned that she seems to have the green/white comics costume...
I guess we'll have to wait for official teaser to see it by ourself

Old 09-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #835
Farren
Side Kicker

In the leaked footage it looked like she had a white/grayish suit on. (I mean, it's poor quality, but that was how it looked to me).

Old 09-09-2013, 11:41 PM   #836
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Hopefully this month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren View Post
I have a feeling they're holding back on Rogue because she isn't going to be dressed like the others. She's going to have prison camp garb on.
Hmmm you know they could do it like Cyclops and Angel in X3. We didn't see them in uniforms in the film but in posters/promotional photos, we saw them wearing those X-Men leather outfits.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:45 PM   #837
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

I bet it's going to be released by Entertainment Weekly first.

Old 09-10-2013, 01:21 AM   #838
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Hmmm you know they could do it like Cyclops and Angel in X3. We didn't see them in uniforms in the film but in posters/promotional photos, we saw them wearing those X-Men leather outfits.
I was thinking about Singer's tweets, which were behind the scenes type stuff.

Although I suppose it's possible we just won't get one of those for Rogue. But I was thinking that could be the reason why he hasn't released one of her yet.

Old 09-10-2013, 04:41 AM   #839
Angamb
Banned User

the green/white costume would be a reason to not post it as early as April too.

If Rogue is actually wearing a comics costume, thats something Singer and Fox might have wanted to reveal later, not during the filming.

Old 09-10-2013, 05:06 AM   #840
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
the green/white costume would be a reason to not post it as early as April too.

If Rogue is actually wearing a comics costume, thats something Singer and Fox might have wanted to reveal later, not during the filming.
I didn't see a green/white costume. I saw a white or grey jumpsuit and then what could possibly have been something darker with a hint of green in the other clip. It's hard to tell what she wears outside the probable prison because we could barely see anything.

I do agree though the most likely reason she hasn't been shown is because she looks different to the rest of the OT characters. It raises plot spoilers.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:07 AM   #841
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
If Bryan Singer directed X3 and we got Gambit/Emma Frost. I wonder if we would have already seen Beast and Angel in one of these films and I wonder if they would have still moved forward with doing spin-offs after X-Men 3.
That's an interesting point. I don't think we would have seen Beast or Angel in Singer's X3/X4. But we would then have seen the proper Angel if they did later do a First Class origins story.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:37 PM   #842
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
the green/white costume would be a reason to not post it as early as April too. If Rogue is actually wearing a comics costume, thats something Singer and Fox might have wanted to reveal later, not during the filming.
If Rogue is indeed wearing a green/white costume, then I guess that costume is just a casual wear.

I don't really see Rogue wearing a costume w/ a different color palette than everybody else (or with at least the mutants in the modern-day period). I just can imagine her in promotional materials/posters sticking out like a sore thumb because her X-Pals are wearing this black metallic costumes and her costume is green/white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
That's an interesting point. I don't think we would have seen Beast or Angel in Singer's X3/X4. But we would then have seen the proper Angel if they did later do a First Class origins story.
I don't know about that. But if Angel wasn't in X3 that Brett Ratner directed, who knows if he would have been in First Class' roster along with Beast, Banshee and Havok.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #843
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
There was Bryan confirmed they filmed a cameo but much like the prologue scenes in X1 they have never seen the light of day.
I'm not surprised considering Gambit and Angel have cameos in the novelization for X-Men 2.

When Prof. X is targeting mutants and killing them, in the book it cuts to Gambit playing cards(kind of like in Origins:Wolverine) and his powers go haywire and his cards start exploding all over. Angel is flying somewhere(over snow I believe) and comes crashing down out of the air. Was hoping to see those in the movie, but I didn't mind considering how great the film turned out.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:41 PM   #844
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

If bryan had directed X3 there probally wouldn't have been a first class film.They probally would have keep going.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:53 AM   #845
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
If Rogue is indeed wearing a green/white costume, then I guess that costume is just a casual wear.

I don't really see Rogue wearing a costume w/ a different color palette than everybody else (or with at least the mutants in the modern-day period). I just can imagine her in promotional materials/posters sticking out like a sore thumb because her X-Pals are wearing this black metallic costumes and her costume is green/white.
There was no green/white costume in the clips. There was the grey jumpsuit which is proof she does wear something different to the others for at least part of the plot. She clearly isn't an X-Men anymore so she probably doesn't have a black suit. Which means it's doubtful she'll be wearing one when she returns either. They can't just magic up a black suit to fit in the middle of a war. I doubt they keep spare Rogue clothes around just in case she should randomly return after possibly years away. And Storm and Kitty battle suits wouldn't fit. I expect her to probably not wear what the others do and instead have more casual stuff as that's all they've got ala X2.

That doesn't mean she won't look like the others in the promo pictures to mask the plot. It does seem to be a flash of green in her 2nd clip but it's hard to tell what she's got on. This is why we need to see more of her.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #846
Feyd Rautha
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
But Gambit is a more realistic prospect. Her staying with Bobby is also more realistic than Logan, which is everyone's point. When the movies and official sources keep saying W/R are not happening and never will then everyone has to accept it. No-one has said Gambit won't be in Rogue's life. You're personally against the idea and always see it as impossible when really it's not. You for whatever reason just want it to be that way. Singer himself said at SDCC it's a possibility being considered. It was not said to never be happening, so unlike W/R it is a viable option still. We can't deny that.

Rogue might even get an entirely new love interest in any sequels. Or never return and be left single at the end of DOFP and that's the last we ever see of her. That is also possible. But if she comes back for more she will not stay loveless as her character has a lot of romance in some form running through her life. Especially in the movieverse. She's become the tragic romantic heroine for the audience. She just doesn't really have a set in stone love interest. I expect her to have a new one in any sequels, whether it be Gambit or someone else. In DOFP I just expect her to lay to rest her romantic past so the character can move on. I'd be shocked if her past is going to be her future. After 3-4 movies it's time to move her on to something fresh.
Gambit’s in an awkward situation when it comes to popping up in an X-Men film based on the present (or future) because of the ‘Wolverine Origins’ timeline.

The only way I can think of squeezing Gambit into that timeline would be for someone like Mr. Sinister to clone him, something that was (sort of) done in the comics. If Sinister were to show up in the films, his connection with Gambit could be visited. It may not be a popular solution, but slightly more logical :P ....and cloning's a big thing for Sinister...

About Rogue’s love life? I don’t know, I’m hoping for her to be single...the love triangle in X3 was annoying...there’s more to the character than that...

Old 09-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #847
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
I'm not surprised considering Gambit and Angel have cameos in the novelization for X-Men 2.

When Prof. X is targeting mutants and killing them, in the book it cuts to Gambit playing cards(kind of like in Origins:Wolverine) and his powers go haywire and his cards start exploding all over. Angel is flying somewhere(over snow I believe) and comes crashing down out of the air. Was hoping to see those in the movie, but I didn't mind considering how great the film turned out.
I've never read either of the Claremont novelizations (X2 and TLS?) but in Singer's X2 Angel would've been a prisoner at the Weapon X facility. He would've been in the cell next to Cyclops (which meant more Cyclops scenes after he's captured). We would then learn that Stryker experimented on him as well, hence the metallic wings. IIRC, there were X-rays of his wings in the film.

Quote:
Which means it's doubtful she'll be wearing one when she returns either. They can't just magic up a black suit to fit in the middle of a war. I doubt they keep spare Rogue clothes around just in case she should randomly return after possibly years away. And Storm and Kitty battle suits wouldn't fit. I expect her to probably not wear what the others do and instead have more casual stuff as that's all they've got ala X2.
That doesn't really mean anything. If that was the case, we would be asking how Tobey McGuire's Peter Parker, a high school kid who can barely afford a cheap second-hand car, come up with all that moolah for such an expensive-looking Spidey suit.

Or how Rogue and Iceman, for that matter, came up with suits at the end of X2, in the White House scene. If the script calls for a costume for a character, then they'll have the character in costume.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #848
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Or how Rogue and Iceman, for that matter, came up with suits at the end of X2, in the White House scene. .
There were more uniforms in the X-Jet. Remember when the X-Men were changing clothes and Rogue asked for their suits? Logan closed the drawer with an unworn suit inside, they probably have more in the jet.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #849
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
There were more uniforms in the X-Jet. Remember when the X-Men were changing clothes and Rogue asked for their suits? Logan closed the drawer with an unworn suit inside, they probably have more in the jet.
That was then and this is now though. They weren't in a war then and it's a completely different situation. Rogue actually spent most of X2 in Bobby's mom's clothes for similar reasons to what I am talking about.

It's not impossible she'll have a suit but it is more likely she'll wear some street clothes. Or at most a generic suit because she won't have her own. All the others have ones styled to them. We may get our answers in the trailer. Either way we know she isn't wearing a suit in the prison (that's what it probably is). She isn't an X-Men at first from the looks of things.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #850
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
That's exactly the point.

Quote:
That was then and this is now though. They weren't in a war then and it's a completely different situation. Rogue actually spent most of X2 in Bobby's mom's clothes for similar reasons to what I am talking about.

It's not impossible she'll have a suit but it is more likely she'll wear some street clothes. Or at most a generic suit because she won't have her own. All the others have ones styled to them. We may get our answers in the trailer. Either way we know she isn't wearing a suit in the prison (that's what it probably is). She isn't an X-Men at first from the looks of things.
If they want Rogue in a costume, the film makers will find a way to have her in a costume.

Raimi (and everyone else in the known universe!) wanted Tobey in a Spidey costume. A few sketches later, Voila he has a costume. Doesn't matter (as previously mentioned) that a poor high school student like himself would not have the means to come up with a suit as elaborate as that.

Closed Thread