The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 10:40 AM   #26
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Default Re: IF Christian Bale returns as Batman...

IF batman returns from the dead, it negates the story .

Old 07-31-2013, 10:41 AM   #27
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Batman could return but just never return to Gotham since Blake/Nightwing has that under control. The people of Gotham could think this Batman appearing elsewhere is quite possibly a copycat.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:44 AM   #28
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
If Bale signs on, he has to give up years of his career for one role .
I dont think there is enough money in the world to get him to do that .
That's not true at all. Since TDKR Bale has filmed 2 back to back movies wih Terrence Malick, "Out Of The Furnace" with the director from Crazy Heart and "American Hustle" by David O' Russell (The Fighter, Silver Linings Playbook). Not to mention he shoots Ridley Scott's "Exodus" soon, where he plays Moses.

These are all massive roles, movies that will get some kind of Oscar attention. He can squeeze in a Batman vs Superman shoot in 2014 then over the next couple of years (or more) he can do whatever the hell he wants once again. This is a guy who has a family, he gets to pick his own films based on passion not driven by money anymore. He may agree to this because he's offered 50 million, but he doesn't have to take it. He'll do it if it's exciting to him and we all know he loves the Batman character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGospelOfMark View Post
Batman disappears and comes back all of the time in the comics. This way, you ahve al older (37) already established Batman. Maybe while he was overseas, he continued to hone his skills and repair his body.
He plays a 39 year old in TDKR. I imagine he'd be in his early 40s if he came back, which is perfect for the 'veteran batman" age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Close thread, for god sakes close thread mods. I'm honestly sick of the delusional world some people are still living in.
People are responding so it's fine, and we're only talking about this because apparently Bale is back in the loop again at WB, so it's not for nothing.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:47 AM   #29
DorneyDave
Side-Kick

Where did ANY of these "Bale back in discussion" rumors start? Links? Anyone?

Old 07-31-2013, 11:02 AM   #30
shauner111
Side-Kick

ElMayimbe on twitter. He's currently against the idea because he wants to break the big scoop of the new actor playing the new version of Batman. So it's not some hidden agenda where he's just desperate to make sure his old scoop comes true. He tweeted that Bale is back in the loop and it's a rumor he's hearing but it's not concrete. So he's asking ppl on twitter what they think, if it's too soon for a reboot or not.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:10 AM   #31
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Yeah it's only a very very very slight rumour from an "apparently" reliable source (I'm not sure who the source is exactly but some on here said he got scoops for the previous TDK trilogy).

As for how his Wayne character to return its kinda simple. As long as the timelines work itself out. TDKR takes place before MOS in a world where there is zero contact with any alien life. It is basically the world we know today. Then MoS comes along a few years later and changes everything and the more 'Batman-y' side of Bruce just has to investigate it.

I agree with that it would completely negate the TDKR ending but it doesn't mean it can't be done.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:10 AM   #32
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

The more I think about it, the more I think Bale can come back and not have TDKR's ending compromised. Just have him never return to Gotham. Have the new Batman costume look different with the gray so that if anyone in Gotham got a look at him, they would believe it was someone else other than their Batman. They would still believe their Batman died for them and this was someone different, someone else inspired by this Batman and acting elsewhere. I think it could totally work.

Damn, I had reached peace with believing Bale would not come back, now I want him back

Old 07-31-2013, 11:12 AM   #33
jimonb
Go Pack Go

This wasn't meant as a is he or isn't he coming back, it was meant as what kind of loops would the story have to jump through for it to make sense, and how much time would that take up and is it worth it with regards to the story as a whole.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:30 AM   #34
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

And my belief is the same
I only believe Bale is coming back if it is actually reported that he is
El Mayimbe isnt reliable .

Last edited by Mysteryman; 07-31-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:36 AM   #35
Smallville13
Side-Kick

It won't happen. I'd say there would have been the slightest chance, had MOS been as critically received as the Bat films, and it was the combining of two quality properties that shared the same grounded 'realistic' world tone. But since it was not there's no way Christopher Nolan would want to taint his films by association. Also too, it just wouldn't seem right with the 8 year gap thing. I feel alot of the choices Nolan made like that with TDKR was basically future protecting his films from WB unconsidered dilution.

Had MOS come out after TDK though, and was better, it maybe coulda happened. It woulda been so awesome to see Christian, Anne, Amy, and Henry together.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:39 AM   #36
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

New franchise open to the DC Universe, new Batman.

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."
Old 07-31-2013, 11:43 AM   #37
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Yep, its that simple.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:46 AM   #38
Uroboric Forms
Your Move, Creep

Use the multiverses somehow, have a Christian Bale Batman who did not retire (this isn't wishful thinking, I was perfectly happy with it in TDKR. Bada bing bada boom

Not that I want him to return, although I loved Baleman. I'd prefer to see some fresh blood take it on.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:05 PM   #39
the last son
Side-Kick

When Mj came back he was a shell of himself in his 40s just as bale would be. It's over.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:06 PM   #40
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Bringing Bale back is only a short term solution.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:08 PM   #41
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
And my belief is the same
I only believe Bale is coming back if it is actually reported that he is
El Mayimbe isnt reliable .
He's reliable. Especially this year. His scoops have been on point all year. I still believe his early year scoop of Bale was correct, they were in negotiations and it fell apart. His Star Wars, Star Trek, Guardians, scoops have been on point. If he says Bale is back in the loop but it can go either way...I believe him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimonb View Post
This wasn't meant as a is he or isn't he coming back, it was meant as what kind of loops would the story have to jump through for it to make sense, and how much time would that take up and is it worth it with regards to the story as a whole.
For it to make sense??

Easy. Robin takes care of Gotham which isn't as bad as it used to be. Some organized crime but nothing that needs to be shown. Bruce doesn't return to Gotham, at least not to stay. He's moved on. He returns to the Bat without Fox who has perhaps retired. Only in other cities/countries for Batman vs Superman and Justice League. This gives WB time to figure out a way to reboot Batman via the solo films (different director, writer, composer) since apparently theyre scratching their heads with what to do. Jett from Batman On Film says there's many options on how to handle the solo movies, from Batman Beyond to a young actor in his prime..they don't know yet. It will only happen after JLA anyhow, so it's not a big deal if they use Bale.

In 10 years or so there may not be anymore crossovers/team-ups. The characters will have their solo films. The MOS trilogy over. They can just reboot Batman on film like the Arkham series OR do a Batman Beyond in a whole new universe. I vote Arkham style so we can get more fantasy and new villains. Either way a solo film would be out by 2020ish with a new actor OR a few years later if they wait to reboot in a decade.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:08 PM   #42
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
When Mj came back he was a shell of himself in his 40s just as bale would be. It's over.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 07-31-2013, 12:10 PM   #43
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

I've read enough Elseworld stories to not need some "legit" explanation.

And Bale was just recently in a Batsuit. How much of a step could he possibly lose by now being 39? Are we actually worried about him not keeping in shape?

The biggest detraction is that this World's Finest film is supposed to restart a new Batman franchise. But, everything else is just groovy.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:15 PM   #44
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Superman View Post
New franchise open to the DC Universe, new Batman.
this.

If WB wanted the Bale Batman to exist in a larger DC universe, they should have thought of that back then and should have started building that universe with BB, then continued with Superman in SR.

that ship has sailed long ago and it's time to start fresh.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 07-31-2013, 12:23 PM   #45
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

here is how he comes back and tell me if you guess agree.

------------
Something have to come about where Batman comes out of retirement. The purpose of Batman changed in TDKR, Batman doesn't retire, and Bruce will need to realized that. The dialogue between Bruce and John Blake in John's patrol car about how Batman can be anybody was weird to me, because that isn't batman, that Superman. I wonder if Goyer had MOS in his head while writing TDKR, anywayz, here are some options in which ChristianBale/Batman comes back:

- John Blake dies defending the city (by some enemy, we can find out if they ever make another Batman movie...... The Riddler anyone???), Bruce comes back, and he realizes that only he can be Batman. It's like TDKR forgets that Bruce didn't become Batman because he wants to be a savior, its' because he wants to metaphorically avenge his parents death. This will be a good a way to address the faults in Batman's mythos in TDKR

- Bruce see Zod's message, realizes that Aliens are among us, and comes back as Batman because ****E JUST GOT REAL............... It would have been kool if an after credit scene in MOS showed the last scene in TDKR, once Alfred and Bruce gives each other the eye contact in the French cafe, Zod's global message plays on the screens. That would be tight oh well and also position everybody in that DC Universe and the timeline.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:25 PM   #46
Dusty_Lane
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I honestly cannot believe we are comparing actors to basketball players here.....

Old 07-31-2013, 12:27 PM   #47
Dusty_Lane
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
this.

If WB wanted the Bale Batman to exist in a larger DC universe, they should have thought of that back then and should have started building that universe with BB, then continued with Superman in SR.

that ship has sailed long ago and it's time to start fresh.
Didn't you hear?

"There's no fresh start in today's world!"

Old 07-31-2013, 12:42 PM   #48
Dusty_Lane
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBaleBatman View Post
I've read enough Elseworld stories to not need some "legit" explanation.

And Bale was just recently in a Batsuit. How much of a step could he possibly lose by now being 39? Are we actually worried about him not keeping in shape?

The biggest detraction is that this World's Finest film is supposed to restart a new Batman franchise. But, everything else is just groovy.
Agreed! Plus, who knows if WB is even keen on doing more solo Bat-films at the moment anyway. They may just see doing solo films as retreading on territory already touched upon. Since 1978 we've had 6 Superman films and 7 Batman films. Granted if they are doing solo Batfilms they'll want to pull from Batman's A and B list rogue's gallery and guess what? We've already seen most all of them in the last 25 years and some in two different incarnations. Perhaps there's a new approach being taken here with DC films in crossovers being the focus. I could easily see a pattern developing here if what Jett said yesterday turns out to be the case. Man of Steel, World's Finest, Trinity, Justice League, Justice League 2, etc. etc. It would keeps things more linear and cohesive without having to branch out and stay inline with what various filmmakers are doing with solo properties. Besides maybe WB just doesn't see potential in solo movies based on Wonder Woman, Flash, etc. etc.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:46 PM   #49
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimonb View Post
Maybe Bruce Wayne's true identity is Brett Favre.
Bahahaha! /end thread!

Old 07-31-2013, 01:01 PM   #50
smallville fan
Hero

I suggest all of you fan-boys watch this over and over again PLEASE!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

All of you watch from 2:19-3:00 PLEASE!

Remember guys, the character is bigger than the actor!!! Let's ditch Bale FOREVER!

Closed Thread