Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #376
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
I can't see Cap2 doing very well internationally
I suspect around $250-300m. Def will have an increase from part 1. We wil have a better idea once Thor comes out if The Avengers effect will have a strong increase for him.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #377
GenUsername
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I suspect around $250-300m. Def will have an increase from part 1. We wil have a better idea once Thor comes out if The Avengers effect will have a strong increase for him.
Yeah I agree, wait til Thor 2. Right now I think it could end up doing $240mil internationally. In all honesty they should just go ahead and change the Title in some markets.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:34 PM   #378
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

The only problem is that "America" doesn't settle too well with China, they now are big business in cinema.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Batman v Superman v Wonder Woman and a f*** load of characters
Dawn Of Setting Things Up for Justice Leauge
Old 08-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #379
GenUsername
Side-Kick

Quote:
The only problem is that "America" doesn't settle too well with China, they now are big business in cinema.
Unless disney plan on doing one of those distributor deals they did for iron man 3, I just don't see it getting into china. Also if they dont do the distributor deal would the Chinese box office even matter that much? film studios only get 25% of the final Chinese gross. I mean its starting to matter but the 25% is MURDER.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #380
Antihero
Side-Kick

TASM 2 will make more money.SpiderMan is easily the most popular superhero worldwide.

Days of Future Past will be the highest grossing movie in the X-Men franchise but it will go down as the best comic book movie.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #381
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post

DOFP is gonna earn a lot compare to the last three films because its featuring the long-awaited return of the OT cast

Long awaited by who??? Hell the GA doesn't care and a lot of fannys want the entire OT characters recast!

And it won't do anywhere near 700 mil. If it has great word of mouth and critics behind it, it sill won't crack 400 domestic.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #382
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

^Lies.

:o
Old 08-21-2013, 11:33 PM   #383
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoSeiDon View Post
Long awaited by who??? Hell the GA doesn't care and a lot of fannys want the entire OT characters recast!

And it won't do anywhere near 700 mil. If it has great word of mouth and critics behind it, it sill won't crack 400 domestic.
That is simply not true. And no one is saying it would get $400 million - domestic, that is just crazy!

The mainstream viewers who saw the original trilogy would be interested to see the original gang back. And just a few months ago, a fan-made trailer for X-Men 4 was posted in YouTube and so far it got 500,000 views. A fan-made trailer wouldn't get that amount of views just with the fanboys.

And Halle Berry's interview with Jay Leno talking about her return in X-Men also got 500,000 views in YouTube.

Their return is getting people's attention to this franchise once again.

"Will you control that power or let it control you." - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 08-21-2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:32 AM   #384
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Old 08-22-2013, 06:41 AM   #385
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoSeiDon View Post

yeah, honestly I also think it wont reach 400, maybe it wont ever reach 350m worldwide.

Old 08-22-2013, 06:51 AM   #386
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

At the very very least I think it will break $500 million, which will be a first for an XMen movie in itself

This will be the only XMen movie to have robots and time travel that will gain some new attention

I think there are many factors that will boost this films performance at box office

Old 08-22-2013, 07:49 AM   #387
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
I can't see Cap2 doing very well internationally
I can see it doing very well. People forget it's not just Cap, it's also Black Widow & Fury. 2 Avengers + 1 major supporting character from TA. It'll make bank, "America" being in the title is relatively inconsequential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antihero View Post
TASM 2 will make more money.SpiderMan is easily the most popular superhero worldwide.
Not right now. As it stands Batman & Iron Man are the most popular solo heroes to the film going audience, by a wide margin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenUsername View Post
Unless disney plan on doing one of those distributor deals they did for iron man 3, I just don't see it getting into china. Also if they dont do the distributor deal would the Chinese box office even matter that much? film studios only get 25% of the final Chinese gross. I mean its starting to matter but the 25% is MURDER.
I'd be surprised if they didn't continue that business relationship. Avengers made $84m, IM3 made $121m, that's solid money for both parties, I'd think they'd want to keep that going, especially with AoU on the horizon.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 08-22-2013, 08:10 AM   #388
GenUsername
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
Not right now. As it stands Batman & Iron Man are the most popular solo heroes to the film going audience, by a wide margin.
If you factor in the merchandise sales, and exposure its spiderman. But yes Batman and Iron Man are currently grossing more.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #389
Antihero
Side-Kick

Quote:
If you factor in the merchandise sales, and exposure its spiderman. But yes Batman and Iron Man are currently grossing more.
SpiderMan 2002:3rd highest that year
SpiderMan 2004:3rd highest that year
SpiderMan 2006:3rd highest that year
TASM:7th highest that year

The highest read superhero comic book and highest selling merchandise by a superhero also belongs to SpiderMan.

Batman is the only superhero close to Spiderman's popularity and even he doesn't appeal to kids like Spidey.The first movie of Batman movie barely made 400 million.Dark Knight gained a lot of popularity due to Heath Ledger's death.Even a crappy movie such as TASM managed to make 700 million even without any hype.

IronMan is a curious case.The movies make great money but it doesn't come even close to SpiderMan's popularity.IronMan 3 benefitted a lot from being Marvel's next release after Avengers.

Last edited by Antihero; 08-22-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:29 AM   #390
Snikt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
yeah, honestly I also think it wont reach 400, maybe it wont ever reach 350m worldwide.
You don't think Days of Future Past will gross a meager $350 million WW?

Personally, I'm thinking if it's well made, it'll likely gross $600-$700 million WW.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #391
Angamb
Banned User

it was irony, lol

An user said it probably wont reach 400m

Old 08-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #392
GenUsername
Side-Kick

Quote:
It will gross way more than that. The lowest it could gross is about $450mil.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #393
Snikt
Side-Kick

Quote:
it was irony, lol

An user said it probably wont reach 400m
Ahh, gotchya .

Old 08-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #394
Mystique's Leg
Side-Kick

The thing is: what can you use a clue to predict the box office? Like: DOFP is already top 10 on imdb, which mean people are very early aware of this movie, but is it a factor which will contribute to a bigger box office? How much impact will Godzilla have? Maybe it'll gain momentum and be huge?

So, my guess is very random: I'd say 575m.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #395
GenUsername
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique's Leg View Post
The thing is: what can you use a clue to predict the box office? Like: DOFP is already top 10 on imdb, which mean people are very early aware of this.
Well for one thing, don't use IMDB as a source of tracking popularity on a film with a large fanbase that like to analyse every detail. Also don't use trailer counts, or counts of any video on YouTube relating to the movie (way too early and the fanbase is way too rabid). (Similar to shows like Pretty Little Liar, you have a very vocal online fanbase but ratings for the show are low compared to others)
Predicting BO is incredibly hard. I work for a company that partly analyse and predict box office, tv ratings etc. for marketing concerns and I'm telling you, I have seen a man track the sales of hair dye, anti bullying books/posters/program's and sat with teachers to discuss children's views of ginger haired people for a good 4 months just to get a grasp of how popular Pixars Brave could be amongst Children aged 7-12, in a small part of the UK

Last edited by GenUsername; 08-22-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #396
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
$350 worldwide would be very easy for DOFP!

"Will you control that power or let it control you." - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 08-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #397
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antihero View Post
The highest read superhero comic book and highest selling merchandise by a superhero also belongs to SpiderMan.

Batman is the only superhero close to Spiderman's popularity and even he doesn't appeal to kids like Spidey.The first movie of Batman movie barely made 400 million.Dark Knight gained a lot of popularity due to Heath Ledger's death.Even a crappy movie such as SM3 managed to make 890 million.
Fixed.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Batman v Superman v Wonder Woman and a f*** load of characters
Dawn Of Setting Things Up for Justice Leauge
Old 08-24-2013, 06:55 AM   #398
Mystique's Leg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well for one thing, don't use IMDB as a source of tracking popularity on a film with a large fanbase that like to analyse every detail. Also don't use trailer counts, or counts of any video on YouTube relating to the movie (way too early and the fanbase is way too rabid). (Similar to shows like Pretty Little Liar, you have a very vocal online fanbase but ratings for the show are low compared to others)
Predicting BO is incredibly hard. I work for a company that partly analyse and predict box office, tv ratings etc. for marketing concerns and I'm telling you, I have seen a man track the sales of hair dye, anti bullying books/posters/program's and sat with teachers to discuss children's views of ginger haired people for a good 4 months just to get a grasp of how popular Pixars Brave could be amongst Children aged 7-12, in a small part of the UK
Thanks for the insight!

A lot may depend on the moment itself. Prior the Avengers' release, you could feel there was this inexplicable and hard to define general feel about it what made people go see the movie. I guess that's what an event movie is all about, regardless of how good or original the movie is.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #399
GenUsername
Side-Kick

Quote:
In no particular order it's
Hobbit
Minions
Hunger games
Spidey
Fast 7
Transformers
How to train
Interstellar

And the two were not certain yet are Xmen, Cap Am, Mr Peabody and Sherman, home, and Pixars Good Dinosaur.
EDIT we were gonna add "all you need is kill." But we think 2014s BO will be so huge that whilst certain films make money, they won't make the list
In case anyone's interested. "Divergent" (pretty much a hunger games clone), is looking to be a very strong movie at the BO. Strong enough to knockout Mr Peabody from the Top 10 running.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #400
Angamb
Banned User

I doubt Divergent will do more than DOFP worldwide, honestly.

Hunger games didnt do as much on the foreign market, so with HG sequel coming this year, I dont see the whole world supporting another young adult movie, with HG still in the people minds.

Closed Thread