The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 05:22 AM   #451
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more]

Its also the start of the 2013-2014 TV season!

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 09-24-2013, 12:31 AM   #452
Obsidian Idea
The light is blinding

Cool Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more]

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Exactly. We're in the doldrums generally. It's that weird transition time, where schools and universities have just started new terms, and it's autumn/fall when the days get darker/colder and Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) kicks in from the change of season. SAD hits me bad every year, it's hard to muster interest in anything until I've readjusted, it's almost like depression except it's physical and caused by the lack of light. And that picture of a school sign lying in the grass was hardly a headline-maker anyway.
Sounds so sad...lol...you'll make it through X-Maniac

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" John 10:27 (New King James Version)
Old 09-24-2013, 11:47 AM   #453
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Idea View Post
Sounds so sad...lol...you'll make it through X-Maniac
Aw thanks. I've made it every year so far, so I think I'll pull through!

Old 09-25-2013, 01:57 AM   #454
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

I don't get how some people think Cap will make over $1 billion.
Spider-Man and Superman have not even done that yet.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Old 09-25-2013, 02:01 AM   #455
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I'm pretty confident it won't make over 1 bilion!

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 09-25-2013, 02:42 AM   #456
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
What? I havnt seen 1 vote in the box office poll that said over 1 bill for Cap. I rarely hear people say that, if at all.

500-700ww seems to be what most think. Which is very reasonable as of now.

Last edited by def28; 09-25-2013 at 02:48 AM.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:30 AM   #457
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

I have no idea how much it will make but I have little doubt it will make more than Origins, FC and TW. It may well out perform X3.

Old 09-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #458
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
Because they assume anything from MS/Disney will crap gold.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #459
Antihero
Side-Kick

Captain America won't even make half a billion dollars.The first movie itself wasn't that great.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #460
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Erm... I don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antihero View Post
Captain America won't even make half a billion dollars.The first movie itself wasn't that great.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 09-25-2013, 10:30 AM   #461
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

many are assuming captain america will gain from the avengers success and truth be told it probably will, it won't make a billion but it will make more then the 1st

Old 09-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #462
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
many are assuming captain america will gain from the avengers success and truth be told it probably will, it won't make a billion but it will make more then the 1st
Bingo.

Quote:
What's awesome is they have **** gold in the past two years....and early word says SHILED just made the highest TV Drama premiere in 4 years hahaha. Learn to deal.

Last edited by def28; 09-25-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #463
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Could you come off as any more bitter? I'm not a huge fan of everything Marvel Studio's has produced, but saying stuff like this makes you seem jealous of their movies success in relation to X-Men.

Captain America certainly isn't going to make a billion, but it's definitely going to make gangbusters at the box office. It'll easily top the first one, no doubt.

They know how to market their movies - get over it.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #464
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Bitter, party of 1? Could you tone that down please. It's perfectly acceptable to be enthusiastic about the Marvel films, even if you don't enjoy them.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #465
GenUsername
Side-Kick

Quote:
I trust the money making decisions of a company that made a B-list character like iron man more popular than xmen (in one movie), spidey and superman. and made a character like Thor outgross wolverine (I would never of thought that would ever happen 10 years ago.)

They know how to sell movies.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:02 PM   #466
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I dislike Iron Man 3 as much as I do Last Stand and Spider-man 3.

If making lot of money means film Is good that must mean the star wars prequels and
Transformers are great movies.That must mean Last Stand Is best X-Men film then.

The premiere of Shield confirmed my meh attitude.It's the worst premiere episdoe of any
Joss Whedon show.Considering how I feel on reality shows,CSI,and NciS what It does In crooked Nielson ratings doesn't matter to me.And May I remind people V back In 2009 had
big premiere ratings.Lost premiered with 14 Million In nielson and eventully went to 9/10 Million.

It's getting where you would think people In X-Men board want the films to fail and only Disney/MS to succeed.

people need to be more realstic.No MS film not starring Robert Downey JR has ever made 200 Million domesticly.Cap and thor both did Origins business.There Is no guranette thor and cap will do Iron Man business.Using Iron Man 3 as model compared to Iron Man 2 best case sceniro Is doing between 250 and 270 Million Domesticly.Those films will not have bigger legs than Iron Man.I remember when people claimed Man of steel would do over 300 Million.

I don't want X-Men to become avengers and while I don't like over using ultimates as source and It'd take on Bruce banner I have called Avengers one of 10 best comic book films.
I haven't trully liked their solo films since the Incredible hulk.That was last good solo film.And I don't care if that was least sucessful MS studios film I liked It than most other films
they have done.When I say TV ads calling Iron Man 3 best Iron Man film I thought are they on drugs.The only good Iron Man solo film was first film In my oporion.

As long as Disney hurt X-Men films by their actions with their control of merchandise I really don't care much about their MS films.

Last edited by marvelrobbins; 09-25-2013 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #467
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's getting where you would think people In X-Men board want the films to fail and only Disney/MS to succeed.
No, it really isn't. You're just being unnecessarily paranoid about it.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #468
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Or people could just be sensible and hope all of the upcoming superhero films to be good and succeed, so we get more good superhero films after that.

Liking another studio's films doesn't mean you want your personal favorite to fail.

Old 09-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #469
GenUsername
Side-Kick

Quote:
1)I dislike Iron Man 3 as much as I do Last Stand and Spider-man 3.

If 2)making lot of money means film Is good that must mean the star wars prequels and
Transformers are great movies.That must mean Last Stand Is best X-Men film then.

people need to be more realstic 3).No MS film not starring Robert Downey JR has ever made 200 Million domesticly.Cap and thor both did Origins business.There Is no guranette thor and cap will do Iron Man business.Using Iron Man 3 as model compared to Iron Man 2 best case sceniro Is doing between 250 and 270 Million Domesticly.Those films will not have bigger legs than Iron Man.I remember when people claimed Man of steel would do over 300 Million.

4) As long as Disney hurt X-Men films by their actions with their control of merchandise I really don't care much about their MS films.
1) Why is it the only time I ever hear people harshly bash IM3 its always from comic book fans online? In my opinion, I thought it was good but forgettable. Just a decent family outing. (I don't care about the mandarin or what they did to the him)

2) You started a discussion about MONEY not quality. Like I said, Disney can sell films, big woop.

3) Big deal those films gross more money WW, will continue to do so, and with Disney's support through TV shows and merchandising they should continue to do so.

4) With DC now entering the arena the summer CBM market is gonna become over-saturated, which could be bad for Sony, Fox DC, and disney. with Disney withholding Xmen merchandise they cause the films to gross less than they could due to the lack of extra promotion, a weaker Xmen franchise, could lead to brand becoming forgettable thus creating an impression of an under-saturated market, or leaving to be "deregulated" to dates outside Summer. Disney are trying to protect their own interests.
Frankly Disney have several bloody franchises that most likely would sell more toys than xmen toys (which in all honesty is just Wolverine and the occasional Cyclops eye thingy) they want companies to focus their efforts on their own films, not franchises that they dont own. Unlike spiderman, Xmen and f4 have more of a chance to revert back, if disney merchandises those two properties the chance of them reverting back decreases. Disney also dont see the point of promoting another company's movies, as they themselves have tons of other movies to promote. It's not sabotage ITS BUSINESS.

Last edited by GenUsername; 09-25-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:48 PM   #470
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

comic book fans have right to dislike Iron Man 3.Some people on their antifox rants trash X-Men and X2.That's why I barely ever go to Internet movie database's DOFP board.

Some people are always bringing up grosses of MS films like that makes them
great.I could bring up grosses of some films other critze on these boards.

The big overseas box office for the Wolverine show DOFP will do very well
overseas even though they will get no help from Marvel.

Why would any true X-Men fan support what Disney Is doing to X-Men brand?
If Disney were to help kill X-Men films who knows how many years It would sit on shelf considering how much DIsney Is trying to kill X-Men franchise.

With all the every film Fox does is terrable attitude for so many online god forbid someone Is critical of disney/MS.

I distrst most corporations.I have critized the hell out of fox on Last Stand and Origins.And don't have kind words for first 2 FF films and Elektra.
I really don't like DOFP apparently dropping the brotherhood assassination plot In favor of doing another Xavier and Magneto team up.And If they try to pull
a Abrams Trek with DOFP I will critze the hell out of that.Now when will some
others be willing to critize MS/Disney.

If others can critze the hell out of X-Men films Why can't somebody critize Disney.Some people would make It seem like they prefer GOTG over DOFP.
If that Is wrong well they could make others think that.

I was not wild about Iron Man 2 and 3,Thor,Captain America,and agents of shield.Others have right to like them and call me crazy for not liking them.
It won't change my oporion.If I love DOFP even without the brotherhood
assassination plot others will be free to dislike It.and call me crazy for liking It.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #471
GenUsername
Side-Kick

Quote:
1) Some people are always bringing up grosses of MS films like that makes them great.

If Disney were to help kill X-Men films 2)who knows how many years It would sit on shelf considering how much DIsney Is trying to kill X-Men franchise.

With all the every film Fox does is terrable attitude for so many 3)god forbid someone Is critical of disney/MS.

I distrst most corporations.I have critized the hell out of fox on Last Stand and Origins.And don't have kind words for first 2 FF films and Elektra.
4)I really don't like DOFP apparently dropping the brotherhood assassination plot In favor of doing another Xavier and Magneto team up.And If they try to pull
a Abrams Trek with DOFP I will critze the hell out of that

3)If others can critze the hell out of X-Men films Why can't somebody critize Disney.

I was not wild about Iron Man 2 and 3,Thor,Captain America,and agents of shield.Others have right to like them and 3)call me crazy for not liking them.
1)ignore those people. although box office gross could be increased if audiences and critics enjoy it.

2) if disney got their hands on A franchise that has proven itself to be stable, though not the highest grossing, it will probably sit on the shelf for 2-3.... days.

3) some people like things you dont like, and hate things you do like. this is a lesson most people are taught by the age of 3 or 4. Accept it and MOVE ON. You make it sound like you want people to criticize something just to make you feel better.

4)So DOFP (which is a LOOSE adaption) could be the greatest movie ever but you're willing to not like it due to it excluding plot elements that you personally want to see?

5) head down to Staples. its time for a new keyboard.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #472
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Some people are always bringing up grosses of MS films like that makes them
great.I could bring up grosses of some films other critze on these boards
It absolutely doesn't make them great but any business/marketing person knows that it's something that needs to be researched and analyzed.

Marvel Studios success is certainly something that Fox should, and probably already has, looked at in order to see what changes they need to make in order to get their movies to the same level as well.

There's nothing wrong with that - it's basic business/marketing strategy planning.

Quote:
The big overseas box office for the Wolverine show DOFP will do very well
overseas even though they will get no help from Marvel.
And? What are you suggesting Marvel Studio's do? Start creating toys to promote another studio's movie? That's awful business. And if Fox's X-Men movies do good without the merchandise branding then even better for them!

Quote:
If Disney were to help kill X-Men films who knows how many years It would sit on shelf considering how much DIsney Is trying to kill X-Men franchise.
What in the world are you talking about? How is Disney destroying the X-Men franchise? Because of merchandising rights? Seriously...you sound ridiculous.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #473
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenUsername View Post
I trust the money making decisions of a company that made a B-list character like iron man more popular than xmen (in one movie), spidey and superman. and made a character like Thor outgross wolverine (I would never of thought that would ever happen 10 years ago.)
Well there's price inflation and 3D tickets to consider.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 09-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #474
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Or people could just be sensible and hope all of the upcoming superhero films to be good and succeed, so we get more good superhero films after that.

Liking another studio's films doesn't mean you want your personal favorite to fail.

It's great to not be biased, not just with certain studios but also when it comes to the whole Marvel vs DC thing. Personally, I get the best of both worlds so long as the movie is good.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:08 AM   #475
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
As long as Disney hurt X-Men films by their actions with their control of merchandise I really don't care much about their MS films.
Really? Could have fooled me , you contribute to the MCU's Film and TV every single time they release something and then whine over their success. You seem to care quite a bit.

Don't like it? Don't watch it. No one is forcing you to continue watching SHIELD or to buy a ticket for GOTG and Cap 2. Enough films are out for you to have made a decision on if you enjoy the MCU world or not.

Last edited by def28; 09-26-2013 at 01:13 AM.
Closed Thread