The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 02:27 AM   #476
DOFP
Side-Kick

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more]

So the hd comic con age of ultron video is released . . . . WHEN ARE WE GETTING DOFP FULL HD TRAILER

Old 09-26-2013, 04:19 AM   #477
BMM
Side-Kick

No point now, since the first actual trailer will be released in the next 2 1/2 months.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:42 AM   #478
Antihero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenUsername View Post
I trust the money making decisions of a company that made a B-list character like iron man more popular than xmen (in one movie), spidey and superman. and made a character like Thor outgross wolverine (I would never of thought that would ever happen 10 years ago.)

They know how to sell movies.
I absolutely agree with this.

I would never thought even in my dreams that a boring superhero like Iron Man would one day have a movie(that itself was a shocker) that would make more money than a Batman or SpiderMan movie.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #479
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOFP View Post
So the hd comic con age of ultron video is released . . . . WHEN ARE WE GETTING DOFP FULL HD TRAILER
Uh....

They have an teaser trailer that features the title sequence... a title that looks exactly like the title from the first film... and a bunch of sound bites from the first film..

We have a 2 minute sequence at the end of The Wolverine.

Old 09-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #480
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Fox will release a trailer for DOFP when they are ready.

Old 09-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #481
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenUsername View Post
1)ignore those people. although box office gross could be increased if audiences and critics enjoy it.

2) if disney got their hands on A franchise that has proven itself to be stable, though not the highest grossing, it will probably sit on the shelf for 2-3.... days.

3) some people like things you dont like, and hate things you do like. this is a lesson most people are taught by the age of 3 or 4. Accept it and MOVE ON. You make it sound like you want people to criticize something just to make you feel better.

4)So DOFP (which is a LOOSE adaption) could be the greatest movie ever but you're willing to not like it due to it excluding plot elements that you personally want to see?

5) head down to Staples. its time for a new keyboard.
1:To be fair MS themselves without any help from Disney made Iron Man a whole success.Disney bought marvel slightly before Iron Man 2 was released.

2:If disney got ahold of X-men tomorrow it would be years till anything would done. And how would you fit the more serious X-Men into style of MS.

3:If Fox tried to pull some of the things that was pulled In Iron Man 3 and Shiled some would be complaning up a storm.

4:I was pointing out I don't like the dropping of key plot elements of DOFP before someone says you just love everything Fox does with X-men films.It's ok for some to blast fox and Bryan Singer for not including more female characters In 1973 but i mention not fan of apparently dropping the assassination plot? and I never said i wouldn't like DOFP without the assassination plot

Old 09-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #482
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Uh....

They have an teaser trailer that features the title sequence... a title that looks exactly like the title from the first film... and a bunch of sound bites from the first film..

We have a 2 minute sequence at the end of The Wolverine.
Well to be fair Avengers: Age of Ultron is two years away, whist Days of Future Past is, what, 8 months away? That is way more than we got last year when DOFP was two years away.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 09-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #483
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post

1:If disney got ahold of X-men tomorrow it would be years till anything would done. And how would you fit the more serious X-Men into style of MS.
We're going to find out. In an interview last May with Entertainment Weekly, Kevin Feige mentioned that the studio would use the Inhumans as a means to touch on some of the human drama issues involving super powers that FOX has dealt with in the X-Men franchise. If the film is greenlit, and the recent Inhumans push in Marvel comics means it is quite likely, the MCU "born this way" heroes will probably have a serious tone comparable to the X-Men.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #484
Angamb
Banned User

well, Marvel has just released officially the HD version of the Avengers 2 teaser.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...-ultron-online

And here we are, the x-men fans, still waiting for an official release.

Last edited by Angamb; 09-26-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #485
JP
Smelly

Jesus Christ.

Apparently the title of a film with sounds bites we've already heard is far superior than an ENTIRE 2 MINUTE SEQUENCE.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #486
def28
Side-Kick

Hope we get to see the DOFP trailer in front of Thor.

Last edited by def28; 09-26-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #487
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Hope to see the DOFP trailer in front of Thor.
The amazing spiderman 2 will be with Thor, dunno if this mean DOFP can't be but I'd imagine best option would be hunger games 2

Old 09-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #488
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Yeah, when a trailer should be expected.

I don't get complaining about not getting something at a time when it's not typical to get something.

And honestly, we've gotten a **** ton of official stuff. Two theatrical posters, tons of photos and updates from Singer's twitter, a full fledged viral marketing website with tons of info/photos. A viral TEASER. A massive comcic con panel. And, of course A TWO MINUTE TEASER at the end of The Wolverine.

This notion that Fox is somehow dropping the ball is so inane.

Last edited by JP; 09-26-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:56 PM   #489
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Jesus Christ.

Apparently the title of a film with sounds bites we've already heard is far superior than an ENTIRE 2 MINUTE SEQUENCE.
who is comparing The Wolverine after credits to Avengers teaser?

we're talking about releasing the teaser trailer officially before the typical December/november option.

Marvel and Warner released Avengers and Man of steel teasers in the theatres in JULY.

We, on the other hand, are on late September with no official teaser.

So there is an OBVIOUS difference regarding Fox approach and Warner/Marvel one.

Last edited by Angamb; 09-26-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #490
JP
Smelly

No there's not. That Avengers teaser was released because it finally leaked. At most it'll play before Thor.

Spider-Man 2 and Captain America are releasing the same movie season as DoFP. In fact, 1 month and 2 months before, respectively. Neither has teasers or trailers either. In fact, DoFP has quadruple the promo both films have combined.

And somehow that's not enough. I've realized that some of you are simply NEVER satisfied. First Class and TW took so long for promo to come, and we all complained. DoFP, on the other hand, has been constantly releasing things, and continues to show it has a well thought out promotional campaign.

Yet we still *****. Seriously?

Old 09-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #491
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
The amazing spiderman 2 will be with Thor, dunno if this mean DOFP can't be but I'd imagine best option would be hunger games 2
Nice! Didn't know the Spidey trailer is attached. With both Cap and Spidey trailers dropping probably best to wait for Hunger Games...but I'd be pretty friggen stoked if we got all three attached.

Old 09-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #492
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
No there's not. That Avengers teaser was released because it finally leaked. At most it'll play before Thor.

Spider-Man 2 and Captain America are releasing the same movie season as DoFP. In fact, 1 month and 2 months before, respectively. Neither has teasers or trailers either. In fact, DoFP has quadruple the promo both films have combined.

And somehow that's not enough. I've realized that some of you are simply NEVER satisfied. First Class and TW took so long for promo to come, and we all complained. DoFP, on the other hand, has been constantly releasing things, and continues to show it has a well thought out promotional campaign.

Yet we still *****. Seriously?
Because if something doesn't come out every single day, they're letting fans down, apparently.

Despite the fact that these fans already have more than they're supposed to, since they weren't even supposed to see that leaked trailer. Yet, they still complain that they're not getting enough.

There's no reason to put out a full trailer now. It's not out until May, and there's not a movie in theaters now to attach it to.

What we've gotten so far (officially) is a hell of a lot more than any other superhero movie coming out next summer or in 2015, so there's no reason to complain because there isn't a new one right now.

There will be trailer when it's ready, the movie is reportedly turning out great, so there's really nothing to complain about.

But as you said, the complaining will happen anyway.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #493
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Jesus Christ.
Seriously.

Quote:
At this point, I hope it's with The Hobbit just to piss people off.

Oh, and no Rogue pictures until April.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #494
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

And it the trailer turns out to be the same teaser they showed at Comic Con, we'll get the inevitable complaints that they didn't show anything new.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:15 PM   #495
Angamb
Banned User

its not about pleasing the fans. At least I dont care right now about the x-men trailer, honestly. I already know the movie is coming out and all the actors involved.

Im thinking about general audience that doesnt know, and thats where the teaser trailer being released before November could increase the hype on the non fans.

Again, Avengers teaser was released on July 2011, and Man of Steel on July 2010, and Avengers ended with 1.5 billion and MoS with 660m, being the first movie of the reboot.

So... none can say the July release hurt the movies.

This whole discussion is not about "complaining all day", because we dont do that, thats a personal point of view. Its about doing some things earlier to make the general audience take more notice of this event movie without waiting for November/December.

And no, DOFP isnt on the same level of a Cap. America sequel or another Spiderman movie. This is another monster.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #496
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post

Again, Avengers teaser was released on July 2011
Yes, it was a tease at the end of Captain America.

Guess what?

DoFP also got a July teaser at the end of a film...

The Wolverine.

What aren't you getting?

Old 09-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #497
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Yes, it was a tease at the end of Captain America.

Guess what?

DoFP also got a July teaser at the end of a film...

The Wolverine.

What aren't you getting?
Think of the general audience!!!

The ones who care the most know its coming. And judging by the reactions of the audience at the end-credits scene all four times I saw The Wolverine, they are psyched, ready, and will be bringing their friends in May.

The rest will know well before then as well, they don't need it drilled into their heads now. There's no point, especially right after audiences are clearly blockbuster-drained from the summer.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #498
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
well, Marvel has just released officially the HD version of the Avengers 2 teaser.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...-ultron-online

And here we are, the x-men fans, still waiting for an official release.
That teaser is not even showing clips from the film.

Also, the trailer for TASM2 and Cap 2 are not out yet and those 2 will come out before DOFP. September/October are quiet months for movie goers.

I know you can't wait. But releasing the trailer this early with a movie that will gross less than 100 million is not a good idea.

I'm expecting the trailer to be first attached w/ Catching Fire. If it doesn't happen, then I'll agree with you if you whine about that.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 09-27-2013, 10:05 AM   #499
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

X2 which had teaser leaked from comic con has first official teaser come out In December of 2002 and X2 come out at begining of may 2003.

November/December Is when the teaser is probally coming.It will likely be alternate version of leaked teaser that Fox had removed just better looking and with some effects ready to be shown

As I mentioned In Wolverine forum Hot toys Is releasing a wolverine figure from
the Wolverine
http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...-the-wolverine

So maybe Fox can do some merchandize for DOFP.

I am hoping teaser Is with the Hobbitesolution of Smaug.That's only film In november/December I am seeing and I would like to see teaser on big screen if possable

Old 09-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #500
MarvelU
Side-Kick

If I were to guess the trailer will be attached to Hunger Games, Thor and Hobbit. Would be cool to see trailers for Spider-Man, X-men and Captain during Thor.

Closed Thread