Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
one of the biggest?

it will be THE BIGGEST, lol

no way this movie will do less than X3

and about Spiderman having bigger mass market, yes, it has had, while x-men not, but we could say the same than Avengers before A1, and we saw how their big reunion made huge money, so we never know...

this x-men reunion COULD do heavy numbers too. We dont know how powerfull the marketing will be close to the releae and how good the word of mouth will be, so.... everything is possible
True, but the difference between TA and X-men is that TA had one character whose solo films both grossed more than the highest grossing X-men film. And on top of that both Thor and Captain America had solid numbers, and we didn't have any films that had lackluster to poor reviews, like X3 or Origins before going into TA.

I do think this film will be big, but it's not the same situation as TA.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Old 10-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #677
Angamb
Banned User

its definetly a bit harder, but lets see what Fox has in store for the next 7 months

in any case, as long as it makes big money and its an AWesome movie, we should be happy

Old 10-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #678
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

It won't bring in TA money. That movie made that much because it was hyped for a long time as combining the franchises.

While DOFP will combine the OT and FC it's not being hyped as this big huge unmissable event.

It'll have to settle for having the bigger quality not box office gross.

Blade X-Men Spider-Man Blade 2 X-Men 2 HULK Spider-Man 2 Iron Man X-Men First Class Thor Captain America: The First Avenger The Amazing Spider-Man The Wolverine
Old 10-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #679
GenUsername
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
The best case sceniro Is DOFP reaching 290 million domesticly close to adjustenumbers of X2 and last Stand and somewhere between 250 and 300 Million overseas.
Adjusted numbers are terrible, too much has changed in the 9 years between X2 and now. Domestically the franchise is at a low point, $290mil would be an INCREDIBLE gross. The Wolverine only managed to muster $130 mil and that's less than First Class even with 3D, Wolverine is the biggest draw towards X films and I can't beleive those numbers.

But I do agree with the international numbers you have. I think $250mil is too low, I imagine DOFP will land on $300mil and then have some other smaller numbers slowly add to that gross. So $300mil-$320mil

Honestly with The Wolverines small domestic total i don't see DOFP pulling off any miracles. Even internationally, with the HUGE international expansion between 2011 and 2013 The Wolverine only grossed $30MIL more than FC and that's WITH added 3D. I think it's gonna be a tough job for Fox to regenerate interest in this franchise. I personally thought that FC under-performed due to a lack of WOLVERINE and now that The Wolverines gross came back I'm starting to guess that FC and TW shared a strong ammount of the same audience, it doesn't matter if its a "spin-off" or "prequel", if it is X related theyll see it. That audience is gonna be back for DOFP but TWs Perfomance shows that apart from online hype there's is a bit of a lack of interest in the franchise.

Fox are gonna have to rely on getting back the audience they LOST or gaining a new one (kids). Due to Disneys meddling, trying to get kids to see the film is gonna be a struggle. Due to the fact that we're on Xmen 7 and the franchise follows a somewhat linear storyline (and with fans throwing around the terms "prequel" and "spinoff") newer older aged audiences could be turned off, like trying to get a new audience of a show in season 5 with, with 2 spinoffs and prequel show.

I beleive that some of the viewers that abandoned the franchise will come back but how many? It won't be all of them and times have changed, and thanks to a terrible X3, the fact that apart from Movies the X brand as a whole hasn't really done anything in the past 7 years, as well as the earlier movies and their marketing giving off the vibe that the films were just "WOLVERINE..... and the xmen". Are that many people really buzzing to see the return of Iceman? Even at the time, when the earlier films came out the only toys I ever saw were all for Woverine, barely anyone else.

at the end of the day Fox need to market this thing. From what I gather, when it comes to these PG13 summer blockbusters, studios would spend a stupidly massive amount of money on marketing the movie with the knowledge that the Merchandise sales and ads would help them out, or they would spend a strong/good amount on marketing with the added marketing from merchandisers helping them out (On The UK Nickelodeon [or cartoon network, i forget which one]there was more ads for the EA Harry Potter tie in game than there was for the actual Harry Potter film it was tying into). Fox's plan for marketing this movie is gonna be something to see.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #680
A Dollar Short
Side-Kick

I agree that the chances of DOFP bringing in Avengers money are slim, but I disagree that it won't be marketed as a huge event film. Sure, Fox could drop the ball, but I don't see why they wouldn't market it as massive. The director, cast, characters, story they've brought together... the film has a lot going for it.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #681
Green Goblin
Not the Hobgoblin!

End of the day though money means jacks***. The quality matters more.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #682
GenUsername
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Dollar Short View Post
I agree that the chances of DOFP bringing in Avengers money are slim, but I disagree that it won't be marketed as a huge event film. Sure, Fox could drop the ball, but I don't see why they wouldn't market it as massive. The director, cast, characters, story they've brought together... the film has a lot going for it.
But when was the last time we saw a movie marketed as an "event movie" without merchandise. People really underestimate its role. Out of the highest grossing 50 films only 5 had no merchandise (and 1 was based on a well known book). Granted most of those 5 weren't aimed at the merchandise-ads-needed crowd, but largescale blockbuster "event" CBM's rely on an audience that need to see 7 separate ads for the same movie from 4 different companies in 1 ad break. Without seperate merchandise ads and/or extreme MoS style product placement Fox could find themselves overspending in order to gain an "event" movie symbol. The last CBM film that was an "event" that managed to gain a disproportionately older audience (that didnt really need merchandise ads) over younger audiences was TDK and TDKR, and they still had Toy ads and Cartoons running. You never know what Fox have up their sleeve, for the last couple of years they've had no films (apart from Ice Age and Avatar) wind up in the top 10 highest grossing of the year (and even if they do, it's always towards the bottom) they could end up pulling something out the bag to regain their place with the "big boys", only they know.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #683
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

DOFP has very good chance of being best quality comic book film of 2014

Old 10-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #684
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenUsername View Post
But when was the last time we saw a movie marketed as an "event movie" without merchandise. People really underestimate its role. Out of the highest grossing 50 films only 5 had no merchandise (and 1 was based on a well known book). Granted most of those 5 weren't aimed at the merchandise-ads-needed crowd, but largescale blockbuster "event" CBM's rely on an audience that need to see 7 separate ads for the same movie from 4 different companies in 1 ad break. Without seperate merchandise ads and/or extreme MoS style product placement Fox could find themselves overspending in order to gain an "event" movie symbol. The last CBM film that was an "event" that managed to gain a disproportionately older audience (that didnt really need merchandise ads) over younger audiences was TDK and TDKR, and they still had Toy ads and Cartoons running. You never know what Fox have up their sleeve, for the last couple of years they've had no films (apart from Ice Age and Avatar) wind up in the top 10 highest grossing of the year (and even if they do, it's always towards the bottom) they could end up pulling something out the bag to regain their place with the "big boys", only they know.
Thanks to disney fox is very limited to what they can do with merchandizee.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #685
GenUsername
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thanks to disney fox is very limited to what they can do with merchandizee.
Thanks to Disney moving their Pixar film there's gonna be a lot of pissed of merchandisers, believe me Disney are gonna compensate them, we're gonna see Rocket Raccoon toys EVERYWHERE. It makes sense on Disneys part, why merchandise something you don't fully own when you own 100% of 10,000 other characters?

Old 10-09-2013, 03:03 PM   #686
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Adjusted numbers are terrible, too much has changed in the 9 years between X2 and now. Domestically the franchise is at a low point, $290mil would be an INCREDIBLE gross. The Wolverine only managed to muster $130 mil and that's less than First Class even with 3D, Wolverine is the biggest draw towards X films and I can't beleive those numbers.

But I do agree with the international numbers you have. I think $250mil is too low, I imagine DOFP will land on $300mil and then have some other smaller numbers slowly add to that gross. So $300mil-$320mil

Honestly with The Wolverines small domestic total i don't see DOFP pulling off any miracles. Even internationally, with the HUGE international expansion between 2011 and 2013 The Wolverine only grossed $30MIL more than FC and that's WITH added 3D. I think it's gonna be a tough job for Fox to regenerate interest in this franchise. I personally thought that FC under-performed due to a lack of WOLVERINE and now that The Wolverines gross came back I'm starting to guess that FC and TW shared a strong ammount of the same audience, it doesn't matter if its a "spin-off" or "prequel", if it is X related theyll see it. That audience is gonna be back for DOFP but TWs Perfomance shows that apart from online hype there's is a bit of a lack of interest in the franchise.

Fox are gonna have to rely on getting back the audience they LOST or gaining a new one (kids). Due to Disneys meddling, trying to get kids to see the film is gonna be a struggle. Due to the fact that we're on Xmen 7 and the franchise follows a somewhat linear storyline (and with fans throwing around the terms "prequel" and "spinoff") newer older aged audiences could be turned off, like trying to get a new audience of a show in season 5 with, with 2 spinoffs and prequel show.

I beleive that some of the viewers that abandoned the franchise will come back but how many? It won't be all of them and times have changed, and thanks to a terrible X3, the fact that apart from Movies the X brand as a whole hasn't really done anything in the past 7 years, as well as the earlier movies and their marketing giving off the vibe that the films were just "WOLVERINE..... and the xmen". Are that many people really buzzing to see the return of Iceman? Even at the time, when the earlier films came out the only toys I ever saw were all for Woverine, barely anyone else.

at the end of the day Fox need to market this thing. From what I gather, when it comes to these PG13 summer blockbusters, studios would spend a stupidly massive amount of money on marketing the movie with the knowledge that the Merchandise sales and ads would help them out, or they would spend a strong/good amount on marketing with the added marketing from merchandisers helping them out (On The UK Nickelodeon [or cartoon network, i forget which one]there was more ads for the EA Harry Potter tie in game than there was for the actual Harry Potter film it was tying into). Fox's plan for marketing this movie is gonna be something to see.
I attended a massive seminar that included media folk (including online workers - journalists, techies, managers), business bosses from across the UK and some members of the public and part of it involved a discussion (and informal chatting over a meal afterwards) about what's hot in the entertainment world. The subject of superhero movies came up.

There was quite a lot of feeling that superhero cinema is in a saturation period and that Disney (via Marvel Studios) is accelerating the eventual demise of the genre with its relentless attempt at a stranglehold.
(No surprise to me that Disney wants total conquest when it was founded by a Nazi but we won't get into that lol)

No one seemed to have any love for The Avengers movie (I was the only one who liked it, everyone else dismissed it as fluff and had been disappointed when they rushed to see it on friends' recommendations and to see what all the fuss was about). There was a better reaction towards Iron Man (or rather Robert Downey Jr), and no one much cares for Thor and Captain America. No love at all for the new SHIELD series - they either hadn't seen it or just thought it was silly.

No one was that bothered about The Wolverine either, although quite a few women were obviously very fond of Hugh Jackman. There was a feeling that Jackman/Wolverine on his own is not really enough; people talked about 'X-Men' not 'Wolverine', they want more than just one character. It's the team that's appealing.

I didn't really have time to move the discussion on to what people thought of DoFP, even though I wanted to ask about it and gauge some reaction. Sadly, we didn't have time to discuss all this for hours but the overriding impression is that Disney isn't doing the comic book movie genre much good (and that then progressed into a general rant against the proposed new Star Wars movies).

Everyone knew about Affleck being the next Batman - even the BBC reported it as a news item - so clearly some things do get wide attention. But I think Disney has to be careful not to overplay its hand and get too arrogant (Whedon already is getting arrogant). Three other studios are making superhero movies and it's getting a bit crowded.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10

Last edited by X-Maniac; 10-09-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #687
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
DOFP has very good chance of being best quality comic book film of 2014
It's got some stiff competition - Cap, Guardians, Spidey and Big Hero 6 all look quite promising as well. As to the DOFP box office, the big question is whether or not the general public want to see the OT cast back together on screen. I think that's going to play a bigger role than time travel, giant robots, and Singer's return as to whether the film can approach $600 million in world wide box office.

I know some X-fans believe that Disney is leaving money on the table by not putting more X-Men product into stores. But according to Variety, Disney has an 80% (!) market share in the entertainment licensing category. Between Disney Princesses, Star Wars, Winnie the Pooh, Cars, Mickey & Friends, Toy Story, Disney Fairies and Spider-Man they control six of the top 10 franchises and 8 of the top 20. This was based on 2012 numbers, and Avengers was not even able to crack the top 20. Disney has such a dominant position that it really makes no sense to put their time and money into a franchise unless they are certain it can stand alongside the massively successful franchises that they have under their control.

Last edited by Zarex; 10-09-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #688
GenUsername
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I attended a massive seminar that included media folk (including online workers - journalists, techies, managers), business bosses from across the UK and some members of the public and part of it involved a discussion (and informal chatting over a meal afterwards) about what's hot in the entertainment world. The subject of superhero movies came up.

There was quite a lot of feeling that superhero cinema is in a saturation period and that Disney (via Marvel Studios) is accelerating the eventual demise of the genre with its relentless attempt at a stranglehold.
(No surprise to me that Disney wants total conquest when it was founded by a Nazi but we won't get into that lol)

No one seemed to have any love for The Avengers movie (I was the only one who liked it, everyone else dismissed it as fluff and had been disappointed when they rushed to see it on friends' recommendations and to see what all the fuss was about). There was a better reaction towards Iron Man (or rather Robert Downey Jr), and no one much cares for Thor and Captain America. No love at all for the new SHIELD series - they either hadn't seen it or just thought it was silly.

No one was that bothered about The Wolverine either, although quite a few women were obviously very fond of Hugh Jackman. There was a feeling that Jackman/Wolverine on his own is not really enough; people talked about 'X-Men' not 'Wolverine', they want more than just one character. It's the team that's appealing.

I didn't really have time to move the discussion on to what people thought of DoFP, even though I wanted to ask about it and gauge some reaction. Sadly, we didn't have time to discuss all this for hours but the overriding impression is that Disney isn't doing the comic book movie genre much good (and that then progressed into a general rant against the proposed new Star Wars movies).

Everyone knew about Affleck being the next Batman - even the BBC reported it as a news item - so clearly some things do get wide attention. But I think Disney had to careful not to overplay its hand. Three other studios are making superhero movies and it's getting a bit crowded.
YES, YES, YES you get it. From my perspective Disney want a stranglehold, but at the same time they do understand their position. What I think is happening is simple= Disney want Fox out of the market, and by that I mean they want Fox to produce less comic films, and force them out of the Summer blockbuster season. Less competition and the general gap between March and summer creates the impression of less saturation, giving audiences a break. 2015 is gonna be where all this takes off, they've got fox releasing F4 in March. Disney and Sony look like they're on the same page, both released their CBM schedule around the same time and the CapAm and TASM2 UK release dates seems to show that the 2 have some sort of understanding. If WB get on Marvels level when it comes to releasing CBM's, Fox are gonna be either stuck in March or November. Now that Fox have an IDIOTIC deal with Dreamworks no one else in Hollywood wanted, their release date schedule is so full there's honestly nowhere to place CBM's (apparantley they can't open a movie until 2 weeks after a Dreamworks release, opening 2 weeks before puts them right next to a major competitor). Disney/Sony and WB are gonna win. Hopefully with Star Wars, Disney can ease up with the Marvel films, 2015 does not need Antman, no one needs Antman. I imagine in a couple of years down Xmen/F4 are gonna end up rebooted under some Disney/Fox deal.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #689
Green Goblin
Not the Hobgoblin!

Comic Book Movies are in a massive renaissance, that's why we get so many reboots now.

I predict in 15 years time the genre will hit an all time low (B&R) but within 10 years a good comic book movie will be released (Spider-Man 1 and X-Men).

Old 10-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #690
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Thanks to Disney moving their Pixar film there's gonna be a lot of pissed of merchandisers, believe me Disney are gonna compensate them, we're gonna see Rocket Raccoon toys EVERYWHERE. It makes sense on Disneys part, why merchandise something you don't fully own when you own 100% of 10,000 other characters?
Not merchandising the movie, sure. But they are restricting X-Men overall, a property that has long been Marvels second selling best only to Spider-Man and that they own 4/5 of.

Blade X-Men Spider-Man Blade 2 X-Men 2 HULK Spider-Man 2 Iron Man X-Men First Class Thor Captain America: The First Avenger The Amazing Spider-Man The Wolverine

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 10-09-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:29 PM   #691
GenUsername
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
Between Disney Princesses, Star Wars, Winnie the Pooh, Cars, Mickey & Friends, Toy Story, Disney Fairies and Spider-Man they control six of the top 10 franchises and 8 of the top 20. This was based on 2012 numbers, and Avengers was not even able to crack the top 20. Disney has such a dominant position that it really makes no sense to put their time and money into a franchise unless they are certain it can stand alongside the massively successful franchises that they have under their control.
Fun story: my Nephew works in a toy store and when The Avengers came out he had to go to the avengers section and stack all the old unsold Cap, Iron Man and Thor toys right next to the avengers toys, they were all sold for a discounted price and apart from the Box there was absolutely no difference. He reckons more bought the Avengers versions, I just don't understand some people.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #692
GenUsername
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
Not merchandising the movie, perhaps. But they are restricting X-Men overall, a property that has long been Marvels second selling best only to Spider-Man and that they own 4/5 of.
So. Xmen was Marvels biggest selling now they're not. They are in a position to restrict their competitor and should take advantage of it, they are a multi-billion dollar company why on earth should they help their competition. WB would destroy Lionsgates Hunger Games franchise with a push of a button if they could.

It's business.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #693
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
YES, YES, YES you get it. From my perspective Disney want a stranglehold, but at the same time they do understand their position. What I think is happening is simple= Disney want Fox out of the market, and by that I mean they want Fox to produce less comic films, and force them out of the Summer blockbuster season. Less competition and the general gap between March and summer creates the impression of less saturation, giving audiences a break. 2015 is gonna be where all this takes off, they've got fox releasing F4 in March. Disney and Sony look like they're on the same page, both released their CBM schedule around the same time and the CapAm and TASM2 UK release dates seems to show that the 2 have some sort of understanding. If WB get on Marvels level when it comes to releasing CBM's, Fox are gonna be either stuck in March or November. Now that Fox have an IDIOTIC deal with Dreamworks no one else in Hollywood wanted, their release date schedule is so full there's honestly nowhere to place CBM's (apparantley they can't open a movie until 2 weeks after a Dreamworks release, opening 2 weeks before puts them right next to a major competitor). Disney/Sony and WB are gonna win. Hopefully with Star Wars, Disney can ease up with the Marvel films, 2015 does not need Antman, no one needs Antman. I imagine in a couple of years down Xmen/F4 are gonna end up rebooted under some Disney/Fox deal.
Even without Fox comic book movies being around (which doesn't look like it will happen, in the short to medium term at least), we still have Disney/Marvel releasing two CBMs a year and having a TV series running. It is starting to feel like overkill.

What will happen when Disney is pooping out all these Star Wars film and television projects is anybody's guess. Will they push Marvel films into other slots, and then leave the CBMs scrapping even more for that ideal release date? It is possible.

But it does feel like there are too many movies being made - bizarre in a bad economy. And within the movie market, there are too many action movies (or at least there were this summer) and within the action-adventure sector, it's beginning to feel like there are too many CBMs. And then within that, too much Marvel Studios. I can barely muster any energy for going to see Thor, to be honest.

Amid all this onslaught of Marvel CBMs, Ant-Man is at least something fresh.

I'm personally looking forward to DoFP. Hard to tell what mainstream reaction will be. The marketing will definitely need to be better than that for Wolverine and First Class. I do think the stellar cast will be a big selling point - especially McKellen, Stewart, Jackman, Berry, Lawrence, Fassbender, McAvoy, Dinklage. Omar Sy might attract the attention of the more arty types who loved him so much in the excellent Untouchable/The Intouchables.

They might also (and should also) bill this as the return of Bryan Singer (even if he was a producer on First Class). And it would be good for them to stake a claim as one of the first time-altering projects (the comic preceded Terminator): 'Before Terminator, before Back to the Future, there was Days of Future Past. The classic comic book story now brought to the big screen' The project has a lot going for it. They just need to market the hell out of it.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10
Old 10-09-2013, 03:53 PM   #694
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:

I don't see Disney & FOX working together on the X-Men, though the FF is a very slight possibility. Post DOFP, I see FOX focusing on lower cost superhero films, especially in comparison to the enormous budgets of the Marvel, Sony and Warner films. The studio had some success by keep the budget for The Wolverine in check, and Wadlow's proposed X-Force will likely have a lower budget as well. Staying away from the expensive spectacle of their competitors would allow FOX to carve out a niche in a more competitive market.

Old 10-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #695
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
That is not the case at all with how these things work. Quality can be subjective. Money makes the studios happy. These comic films need to walk out a success, or else they are done.

Old 10-09-2013, 04:40 PM   #696
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
That is not the case at all with how these things work. Quality can be subjective. Money makes the studios happy. These comic films need to walk out a success, or else they are done.
Money is important but so is quality. At the end of the day, a business is only as good as its product. If the product is no good, people won't buy it. If people won't buy it, there goes your business. That's one of the reasons Fox finds itself in the predicament it is in right now and why the studio has been slowly trying to rebuild its reputation.

Last edited by BMM; 10-09-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #697
Green Goblin
Not the Hobgoblin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
If the audience and fans like a movie they will generally give it another shot.

Old 10-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #698
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Maybe to fans but not the studio. Money makes the world go round my friend.

Even if they did underperform (whatever that means) - First Class and The Wolverine still MADE money for the studio in relation to their budgets. If DOFP doesn't make money in relation to it's budget than watch out...

Old 10-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #699
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Money is important but so is quality. At the end of the day, a business is only as good as its product. If the product is no good, people won't buy it. If people don't buy it, there goes your business. That's one of the reasons Fox finds itself in the predicament it is in right now and has been slowly trying to rebuild its reputation.
Sure, I'm not so much arguing that quality isn't important to us movie goers. I'm arguing that Money means a hell of alot in the end for these franchises (Wheres my Dredd sequel ). Alot of the times money does show for quality imo. Maybe not up to everyones standards, we all disagree. But alot of audiences.
Quote:
If the audience and fans like a movie they will generally give it another shot.
If it bombs the first time you mean? What are some examples of movies that were given second chances after they flopped? Money is what determines the sequel. It's extremely difficult for low grossing franchises to get a second chance even if they are liekd. Not really the case if they made ****loads of cash.

If studios are gonna lose money then what's the point for them?

Last edited by def28; 10-09-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #700
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Even without Fox comic book movies being around (which doesn't look like it will happen, in the short to medium term at least), we still have Disney/Marvel releasing two CBMs a year and having a TV series running. It is starting to feel like overkill.

What will happen when Disney is pooping out all these Star Wars film and television projects is anybody's guess. Will they push Marvel films into other slots, and then leave the CBMs scrapping even more for that ideal release date? It is possible.

But it does feel like there are too many movies being made - bizarre in a bad economy. And within the movie market, there are too many action movies (or at least there were this summer) and within the action-adventure sector, it's beginning to feel like there are too many CBMs. And then within that, too much Marvel Studios. I can barely muster any energy for going to see Thor, to be honest.

Amid all this onslaught of Marvel CBMs, Ant-Man is at least something fresh.

I'm personally looking forward to DoFP. Hard to tell what mainstream reaction will be. The marketing will definitely need to be better than that for Wolverine and First Class. I do think the stellar cast will be a big selling point - especially McKellen, Stewart, Jackman, Berry, Lawrence, Fassbender, McAvoy, Dinklage. Omar Sy might attract the attention of the more arty types who loved him so much in the excellent Untouchable/The Intouchables.

They might also (and should also) bill this as the return of Bryan Singer (even if he was a producer on First Class). And it would be good for them to stake a claim as one of the first time-altering projects (the comic preceded Terminator): 'Before Terminator, before Back to the Future, there was Days of Future Past. The classic comic book story now brought to the big screen' The project has a lot going for it. They just need to market the hell out of it.
I just don't understand how any true fan of X-men can approve how disney Is treating X-Men. X-Men being made at fox which helped revive genre after Batman & Robin basiclly killed It. X-Men and Spider-man helped allow marvel to start producing films themselves and after sucess of iron man that Is when Disney wanted to buy them. Now they are doing all they can to kill the X-Men brand since they don't control the film rights.

I don't like idea of Disney trying to flood the market with star wars films.It will
make them less special.

I don't have much intrest in seeing thor.Taking my attitutes towards Disney for their treatment towards X-men aside 1:Iron Man 3 doesn't leave me good faith 2:I consider the first thor to be MS weakest film before Iron Man 3 and 3:They brought back the comic relief character of Darcy who I absoletly hated.To me she is marvel version of Jar Jar banks.

I have some Intrest In cap 2 but have none for GotG since i know nothing of them.And shield doesn't leave me with much faith In Avengers;Age of ultron.
Of course it's been dropping after each week.

Fox already signed 2 deals with resturants chains to help promate DOFP.They defently need to do better with marketing than they did with first class and the Wolverine.