The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 03:44 PM   #26
kasjan
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 8

Looks like Frenchy guy, maybe action in Paris.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:44 PM   #27
Mars123
Side-Kick

Probably like a scientist or something, he's probably got info or something mystique wants or needs I think......assassin mystique we all love

Old 07-31-2013, 04:01 PM   #28
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Um, isn't that Trask?

Old 07-31-2013, 04:03 PM   #29
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Um, isn't that Trask?
Trask is a midget, so no.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:12 PM   #30
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

That dude looks like a midget to me.

Maybe my mind immediately went to Trask because he was a recognizable face, but that looked like a little Peter Dinklage to me at first.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:15 PM   #31
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
,,Future: Bishop, Wolverine, Sunspot, Blink, Warpath
Present: Wolverine, Xavier, Magneto, Storm, Kitty, Iceman, Rogue, Colossus
Past: Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine, Mystique, Beast, Quicksilver, Havok"

Agree, http://www.trask-industries.com/ confirmed there will be Sentinel Mark X in 2020, so we will have future scenes fight in movie. That's Wolvie with grey hair there.
I don't get where this three separate teams thing is coming from either. It doesn't really make sense to just throw all these newbies onto some other team. We know that the future stuff includes the OT cast, so I doubt there's a whole separate team with just them and none of the newbies. Some of the reports I read about the Comic Con footage said that it looked like reused footage from the previous three films, hence why several of the characters had their present looks.

And as far as the multiple timelines thing, it's simple.

1. Dysotopian future that all the OT cast want changed from which they send Wolverine back.
2. Past time with the FC cast.
3. Changed future as a result of whatever is accomplished from sending Wolverine back.

Easy and done. Adding a whole other future with just newbies will leave little to no room to really develop them and just seems like a waste of time.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:19 PM   #32
JP
Smelly

Again, that guy isn't even Caucasian!

Old 07-31-2013, 04:19 PM   #33
Mars123
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
I don't get where this three separate teams thing is coming from either. It doesn't really make sense to just throw all these newbies onto some other team. We know that the future stuff includes the OT cast, so I doubt there's a whole separate team with just them and none of the newbies. Some of the reports I read about the Comic Con footage said that it looked like reused footage from the previous three films, hence why several of the characters had their present looks.

1. Dysotopian future that all the OT cast want changed from which they send Wolverine back.
3. Changed future as a result of whatever is accomplished from sending Wolverine back.

Easy and done. Adding a whole other future with just newbies will leave little to no room to really develop them and just seems like a waste of time.
This has been my line of thought also, it's set more in two different time zones 73 and 23.

I think people are saying the present is where OT are trying to make a difference, 2013. Where as the future is a result of OT failures of 2013 ish, which has caused the dystopian future of 2023.

I think.... I'm slowly becoming confused lol

Last edited by Mars123; 07-31-2013 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Trying to make sense
Old 07-31-2013, 04:24 PM   #34
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:

The three separate things comes from people who were at Comic Con, such as Poni_boy, a trustworthy poster, who regularly contributes here, pointed out that the scenes with Wolverine along with the 'newer' mutants such as Blink, looked distinctly different from the footage of the the X-Men we all know. It wasn't reused footage, it was new material, which he detailed for us.

He pointed out that Wolverine is older with greying hair in scenes with Blink, etc, but in scenes with Professor X and Rogue, looks like the Wolverine we all know. Our X-Men wear black uniforms, the other mutants where X-Force type uniforms with "Mad Max-y" facepaint.

And the third era, the future/2023 could be little more than 10 minutes at the start of the film to serve as a prologue and glimpse of how horrific things get unless there is a change.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:25 PM   #35
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:

If they give us a future where wolverine and bunch of other mutants are fighting for their life, all the xmen are dead and wolverine is killed then I can see why it would work, its just certain characters will be used and not thrown in to the OT which i think is what you don't understand about it

It does make sense though because it has alot of characters in this film

I don't think the OT will be set in 2020, and there was a picture leaked of grey haired wolverine, and there is a mention on the website about 2020 sentinel mark X so that hints a further future is seen

And singer did say about multiple time periods and I don't think he means the end one, if we see that at all

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 07-31-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:30 PM   #36
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Again, that guy isn't even Caucasian!
He's a vietnamese official

Old 07-31-2013, 04:30 PM   #37
BobJM
Who's Bad?

Does anybody have a link to Poni_Boy's description of the footage? I never read it and, admittedly, the 3 timelines theories have me a bit confused too...

Old 07-31-2013, 04:32 PM   #38
kasjan
Side-Kick

Logan has gray hair and brown costume, it's not definitely Present when they have black costumes. It's for sure future, if not, then what's the reason with whole 50 years and 2023 action at Comic Con and Trask site.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:33 PM   #39
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJM View Post
Does anybody have a link to Poni_Boy's description of the footage? I never read it and, admittedly, the 3 timelines theories have me a bit confused too...
He was writing up an article for his site about it but I don't believe it's been uploaded yet.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:33 PM   #40
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't quite understand what's confusing people about it, the 90s animated series had wolverine,bishop in a dark future with al the xmen dead, now picture bishop going back to the present OT and them sending Logan back to the 70s

The amount of mutants in this film it makes sense they are split into sections

Old 07-31-2013, 04:34 PM   #41
Mars123
Side-Kick

So in some ways apart from Bishop none of the future were actually at comic con....

Also this could be a nice link up to xforce which has been bubbling

Old 07-31-2013, 04:37 PM   #42
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Havok returning may give us some clarification as to his precise relation to Cyclops.
There's nothing to reveal because he isn't related to Scott.
Source

"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
"There is no "supposed to be." It's an adaptation, a word that literally means change. Why bother making a new version if it doesn't offer a fresh approach?" - Christopher L. Bennett
Old 07-31-2013, 04:40 PM   #43
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Given they are both called summers and that they actually have a similar power, colour and all I'm surprised

Old 07-31-2013, 04:41 PM   #44
kasjan
Side-Kick

He wasn't related in FC, because they didn't mention Scott, but that doesn't mean he isn't in overall.
Alex can be Scott's 10 year older brother.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:41 PM   #45
BobJM
Who's Bad?

It just says they aren't brothers...which was obvious given the time difference.

Doesn't rule out father/son.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:45 PM   #46
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
The three separate things comes from people who were at Comic Con, such as Poni_boy, a trustworthy poster, who regularly contributes here, pointed out that the scenes with Wolverine along with the 'newer' mutants such as Blink, looked distinctly different from the footage of the the X-Men we all know. It wasn't reused footage, it was new material, which he detailed for us.

He pointed out that Wolverine is older with greying hair in scenes with Blink, etc, but in scenes with Professor X and Rogue, looks like the Wolverine we all know. Our X-Men wear black uniforms, the other mutants where X-Force type uniforms with "Mad Max-y" facepaint.

And the third era, the future/2023 could be little more than 10 minutes at the start of the film to serve as a prologue and glimpse of how horrific things get unless there is a change.
But that doesn't make any sense. Professor X is one of the ones who comes up with the idea to send Logan back to fix the timeline to stop the dysotopian time they're in from happening. If he's just in the regular time period, then how would he know about the screwed up time? We've seen all the OT cast members in their own Mad Maxy costumes, so they are very likely in that time frame somehow too. There's very much a possibility that there was something that was misinterpreted by the poster.

Plus Singer in a recent interview only mentions two timelines. The future one with the OT cast, and the past one with the FC cast.

Sorry, but having a whole separate group just does not make sense in my mind, and makes no sense in the context of the film. I'm not going to believe that until I see it for myself.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:50 PM   #47
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
But that doesn't make any sense. Professor X is one of the ones who comes up with the idea to send Logan back to fix the timeline to stop the dysotopian time they're in from happening. If he's just in the regular time period, then how would he know about the screwed up time? We've seen all the OT cast members in their own Mad Maxy costumes, so they are very likely in that time frame somehow too. There's very much a possibility that there was something that was misinterpreted by the poster.

Plus Singer in a recent interview only mentions two timelines. The future one with the OT cast, and the past one with the FC cast.

Sorry, but having a whole separate group just does not make sense in my mind, and makes no sense in the context of the film. I'm not going to believe that until I see it for myself.
Bishop could travel back in time to the OT and basically say your dead in the future which will show them they have no hope in this war then xavier sends back wolverine to the 70s

How the time travel stuff works who knows, may be one way trip for bishop

It was sorta done in the 90s animated series

Old 07-31-2013, 04:52 PM   #48
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Maybe Wolverine goes back from 2013, fails and old man Logan and Bishop in 2023 use a time machine? After Logan sends his consciousness back.

Last edited by Great Mind(s); 07-31-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:53 PM   #49
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
It just says they aren't brothers...which was obvious given the time difference.

Doesn't rule out father/son.
What Singer was saying seemed pretty clear to the folks at IGN... and to me. I'm not sure why it's not to anyone else.

"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
"There is no "supposed to be." It's an adaptation, a word that literally means change. Why bother making a new version if it doesn't offer a fresh approach?" - Christopher L. Bennett
Old 07-31-2013, 04:55 PM   #50
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
It makes perfect sense. It's all screwed up. The period in which Professor X is in, is still a terrible period. The X-Men are still fighting sentinels when they send Wolverine's consciousness back in time.

However, further along that same timeline, the Mark X sentinel is released in 2020, and most likely eradicates much of the mutant population leaving an older Wolverine, and his Mad Max mutants leading a resistance.

It doesn't have to be anything major or dominate much screentime. As many have theorized, it is most likely a prologue at the start of the film. We see older Logan die at the hands of sentinels and then the action switches to the present day team beginning to wage the war that they are destined to lose unless they do something drastic. And if, as others have suggested, Bishop arrives from 2023 and tells our team that they're ultimately screwed - that's what could spur the decision to send Wolverine to 1973.

Closed Thread