1 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #51
Spider-Aziz
Greatest Hulk Show

Default Re: Spider-Man: The Animated Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I don't understand this one. Are you saying May should have seen the illusion turn off?
Yeah, she was next to it when it happened

Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:21 AM   #52
zeptron
Side-Kick

I'm not sure if this counts as a continuity error, but in Doc Ock's debut episode, it introduced a nice relationship that he and Peter had beforehand. Afterwards it was pretty much ignored.

zeptron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:20 AM   #53
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeptron View Post
I'm not sure if this counts as a continuity error, but in Doc Ock's debut episode, it introduced a nice relationship that he and Peter had beforehand. Afterwards it was pretty much ignored.
IDK if that's a continuity error, I think that just became irrelevant after a certain point. Keep in mind, when Peter confronted Doc Ock in the show, it was as Spider-Man.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #54
Spider-Aziz
Greatest Hulk Show

There is one thing I think this show did better than the comics, and that's the story of Kraven and Calypso
I love the idea of a man from a noble family stopped being a hunter and became a guide to people in the jungle, and that's how he met Dr. Mariah Crawford (Kravinoff calls her Calypso in "Duel of the Hunters")
Quote:
Don't think it counts, in the Insidious Six Octavius remembers, and tells Peter "You were always a bright student"

Old 08-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #55
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Don't think it counts, in the Insidious Six Octavius remembers, and tells Peter "You were always a bright student"
Yes they referenced the Otto and Peter relationship a lot in the first batch of Insidious Six episodes.

Scorpion: "I'm heading to Peter Parker's house. He's this newspaper photographer. Always shooting Spider-Man"
Ock: "Parker...yes I know who he is"

Ock to Peter: "I only wish all my students were as resourceful"

Ock: "Since my number one student says Spider-Man will be here at midnight, it's time I give myself some elbow room"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:19 AM   #56
Spider-Aziz
Greatest Hulk Show

Favorite episodes:
Most of season 1
Tablet of Time
DareDevil two-parters
Green Goblin episodes in season 3

Old 09-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #57
zeptron
Side-Kick

One thing that didn't make sense to me is making Spidey the leader in the Secret Wars episode. He is many things, but a leader is not one of them. And there's no way characters such as Captain America, Mr Fantastic, and Storm all whom are proven leaders would ever take orders from him.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #58
Spider-Aziz
Greatest Hulk Show

Quote:
One thing that didn't make sense to me is making Spidey the leader in the Secret Wars episode. He is many things, but a leader is not one of them. And there's no way characters such as Captain America, Mr Fantastic, and Storm all whom are proven leaders would ever take orders from him.
Cap was the appointed leader based on Spidey's arrangements, Spider-Man took lead basically cause he has the danger warning system
Anyway, he organized them, and the show made him an adult instead of making him a man-child some writers tend to make him in the comics

Old 09-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #59
GreatPower95
Gifted Youngster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Yes they referenced the Otto and Peter relationship a lot in the first batch of Insidious Six episodes.

Scorpion: "I'm heading to Peter Parker's house. He's this newspaper photographer. Always shooting Spider-Man"
Ock: "Parker...yes I know who he is"

Ock to Peter: "I only wish all my students were as resourceful"

Ock: "Since my number one student says Spider-Man will be here at midnight, it's time I give myself some elbow room"
I was just about to point this out before I read your post.

Anyways, I know a lot of this thread seems to be just kinda talking about all the continuity errors and what not, but does anyone know of a good site to stream episodes of this online? I don't know if I like it so much out of nostalgia or what, but I've been re-watching it for a couple of days now on a site, but it doesn't have the finale of season 2 and I'd rather watch that and finish 2 before moving on to season 3. I tried marvel.com since that's where the embedded videos were coming from, but it only seems to have season 5. Or at least it won't load the episode list for any other season on my computer.

GreatPower95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #60
Picard Sisko

You used to be able to watch the whole show on netflix, but its been taken down. I don't know of any sites that currently have it, sorry. Maybe try YouTube?

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 09-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #61
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatPower95 View Post
I was just about to point this out before I read your post.

Anyways, I know a lot of this thread seems to be just kinda talking about all the continuity errors and what not, but does anyone know of a good site to stream episodes of this online? I don't know if I like it so much out of nostalgia or what, but I've been re-watching it for a couple of days now on a site, but it doesn't have the finale of season 2 and I'd rather watch that and finish 2 before moving on to season 3. I tried marvel.com since that's where the embedded videos were coming from, but it only seems to have season 5. Or at least it won't load the episode list for any other season on my computer.
Try marvelkids.com

bigdaddy313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:25 PM   #62
GreatPower95
Gifted Youngster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
You used to be able to watch the whole show on netflix, but its been taken down. I don't know of any sites that currently have it, sorry. Maybe try YouTube?
YouTube was one of the first places I checked, but to no surprise, it was removed due to copyright. Thanks though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy313 View Post
Try marvelkids.com
Nope. They have Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers Assemble, Superhero Squad Show, Wolverine and the X-Men, Iron Man Armored Adventures, and Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes. I might actually start to watch F4 till I find this Spider-Man episode.

I appreciate the help.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:27 PM   #63
Picard Sisko

I can't believe this show has not been released on DVD other than some story arcs stringed together as direct-to-video movies.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:38 PM   #64
GreatPower95
Gifted Youngster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I can't believe this show has not been released on DVD other than some story arcs stringed together as direct-to-video movies.
Right?! I have the Hobgoblin episodes from Season 1, the Ultimate Villain Showdown, Spider-Man vs. Daredevil, and Return of the Green Goblin on VHS still and then "The Cat" and "I Really, Really Hate Clones" on DVD.

I really had my mind set on rewatching this all the way through. I recently watched Spectacular Spider-Man and refuse to watch Ultimate Spider-Man, so I figured why not? Well the internet sucks, that's why not. Hahah

Old 09-20-2013, 09:02 AM   #65
Picard Sisko

If you live in the UK or have a Region 2 or Region Free DVD player, you can actually buy the entire series on DVD there. For some reason it just hasn't been released in the United States.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Spider-M...nimated+series

Old 09-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #66
GreatPower95
Gifted Youngster

I'm in the US, but thanks for the link man. I came across this one last night while searching for the Season 2 Finale.

http://www.toondiscs.com/comic-book-...e-dvd-set.html

It seems kinda fishy to me since, from what I know, it was never released in the US and the box art is the same as the 2000 video game and its different from the UK one you just showed me. What do you think?

Old 09-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #67
Picard Sisko

I've seen this same set being sold on eBay, so I don't know what to make of it. Its a bootleg DVD set, so its definitely fishy, especially since the seller wants $79 for it. Wow, that's a lot for 65 episodes.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:58 PM   #68
zeptron
Side-Kick

In regards to continuity issues, here's some more I just thought of

- When we first see Hobgoblin, you can clearly see that he's a black bald man putting on the Hobgoblin mask. When his identity is revealed seasons later it's Jason Macendable. A white man with hair.

- Spider-man witnesses Silvermane turn into a baby, yet the next time he encounters Silvermane he's surprised to find out the baby was Silvermane.

There were some flaws in the writing as well. Such as in fifth season Kingpin easily breaks out of some restraints. Yet those same restraints manage to hold the Rhino.(who is supposed to be stronger)

There was also a huge mistake in the editing in one of the episodes that apparently John Semper was pretty livid about. In the last episode of the Six Forgotten Warriors saga when SHIELD is being attacked you can see Chameleon holding a gun on Spider-man and Captain America. However after another scene you can see Spidey and Cap arriving and being ambushed by Chameleon and Red Skull. These scenes were actually supposed to be in reverse order and have yet to be fixed.

Last edited by zeptron; 10-15-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:17 PM   #69
Spider-Aziz
Greatest Hulk Show

Quote:
In regards to continuity issues, here's some more I just thought of

- When we first see Hobgoblin, you can clearly see that he's a black bald man putting on the Hobgoblin mask. When his identity is revealed seasons later it's Jason Macendable. A white man with hair.

- Spider-man witnesses Silvermane turn into a baby, yet the next time he encounters Silvermane he's surprised to find out the baby was Silvermane.
Maybe he forgot?

Old 10-20-2013, 01:36 AM   #70
venom892
Got Lucky

I really Hope Disney releases the entire series on DVD soon. I see no other reason as to why they took it off Netflix than they plan on making a few bucks off of it. They could do what they did back in 2009 with the X-men cartoon and X-men Origins: Wolverine. Release two volumes when ASM2 hits theaters and two more when it has it's home release. They can release the fifth volume some time after that.(X-men vol.5 released alongside Iron Man: The complete series when Iron Man 2 came out.)

Vote for your favorites in The Battle of the Comic Book Films Tournament! here!
venom892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:39 AM   #71
zeptron
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Maybe he forgot?
I doubt he'd forget something like that.

Old 11-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #72
zeptron
Side-Kick

One thing that kinda bothered me is when the show made JJJ a hypocrite. He claimed to Spider-man(and anyone that wore a mask for that matter) because his wife was killed by a guy in a mask. Yet, he's willing to accept Mysterio as a hero. While Mysterio wore a fishbowl and not a mask, you still couldn't see his face.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:59 PM   #73
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Best Spider-Man cartoon ever still to this day, I love the theme

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by The Caped Knight; 01-16-2014 at 12:04 AM.
The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:17 AM   #74
Picard Sisko

Quote:
One thing that kinda bothered me is when the show made JJJ a hypocrite. He claimed to Spider-man(and anyone that wore a mask for that matter) because his wife was killed by a guy in a mask. Yet, he's willing to accept Mysterio as a hero. While Mysterio wore a fishbowl and not a mask, you still couldn't see his face.
Wasn't JJ always a hypocrite?

Old 01-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #75
Spooderman
Side-Kick

I gave it an 8 out of 10. I think it was pretty good, but the animation was sloppy, Peter often stated the obvious, and the pacing wasn't too good. Still, it had good character development and character arcs. Personally I think it got better after the first season

Spooderman is offline   Reply With Quote