The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 08-02-2013, 01:07 AM   #101
John Lambert
Side-Kick

Default Re: new Zack Snyder quote implies WB forced Batman/Superman movie instead of MOS2???

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Indeed.

Honestly, Bruce doesn't need to have a "love interest" plot with anyone, let alone with Lois, going into this film.

Like someone else mentioned, the romantic angle of this film could be given solely to Clark and Lois while Batman is given other types of arcs of his own that doesn't involve Romance.

Plus, I'd like to think that Goyer and Snyder aren't that dumb enough to know that no one gives a **** about that kind of love triangle unless you're the kind of person that enjoys needless and forced melodrama.
Well, in avengers we have love interests for all the main characters. Oh wait, maybe not. Carry on.

John Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:10 AM   #102
John Lambert
Side-Kick

Default Re: new Zack Snyder quote implies WB forced Batman/Superman movie instead of MOS2???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla31 View Post
Yea, women and casual movie goers. You ever think maybe the studios make these films for more than just hardcore comic geeks?

Can you name a Batman movie where Batman didn't have some type of love interest written into the story? The answer is no. And do you wanna know why? Because the studio needs to drive home the point that Batman isn't gay and that he digs chicks. And last time I checked, the only chick in this movie is Lois.

There's just no way that they're gonna put Batman in this movie and NOT write in some scenes of him chasing tail. And no I'm not talkin about flirting with models under the guise of Bruce Wayne. People could just interpret them as beards. Batman has to have a genuine romance interest or else his character might alienate a portion of the male audience.
Actually, depending on how old the Batman is, he can always fall for Martha Kent. We know for sure she will be in the sequel. If he is younger we can have him fall for Jenny Jurwich. If we bring in Bale, they really need to bring in Hathaway too.

Lastly, this is not a Batman movie. This is a Superman movie with Batman appearing. So it is actually possible to not have a love interest for Batman. Although, I have also not exhausted the non-Lois options.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:11 AM   #103
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lambert View Post
Actually, depending on how old the Batman is, he can always fall for Martha Kent. We know for sure she will be in the sequel. If he is younger we can have him fall for Jenny Jurwich. If we bring in Bale, they really need to bring in Hathaway too.

Lastly, this is not a Batman movie. This is a Superman movie with Batman appearing. So it is actually possible to not have a love interest for Batman. Although, I have also not exhausted the non-Lois options.

This is a Superman movie with Batman appearing.

I hope you're right. I really do.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:13 AM   #104
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

I don't care if it's a Superman movie. It's also a Batman movie. And I'm sorry they're just not making this movie without checking off everything they possibly can on the list. If they want this thing to hit the billion dollar mark they're gonna have to play it as safely as they can. And having Clark and Bruce competing for Lois kills two birds with one stone. It creates tension between the two and it establishes that both characters like poon.

Skrilla31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:14 AM   #105
John Lambert
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
A world where you judge a film's success by a different criteria than how much money it made. Criteria such as how well remembered it was, how much of an impact it had on the culture, how much the general audience was excited about it and talked about it after it's release, how much critical acclaim it's received, how much and in what way the general audience responded to it positively, the opinions of other filmmakers and writers, the effect it had on filmmaking after it's initial release, wether or not it achieved the goals the writer and director set for themselves and to what extent it did so, and so on.

Really, there are a lot of worlds where a movie that made 644,000,000 dollars can still be considered a failure.
But in this world, the only way people judge a film's success is how much money it made. Anyway, if this was a reaction to perceived problems with the film, they would not be making the sequel with the same screen writer and director. That tells me WB is pleased with the film.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:15 AM   #106
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla31 View Post
I don't care if it's a Superman movie. It's also a Batman movie. And I'm sorry they're just not making this movie without checking off everything they possibly can on the list. If they want this thing to hit the billion dollar mark they're gonna have to play it as safely as they can. And having Clark and Bruce competing for Lois kills two birds with one stone. It creates tension between the two and it establishes that both characters like poon.
Sound logic.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:51 AM   #107
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
Sound logic.
Indeed; wow, I'm sure the poster would do well if they were the creative minds behind Twilight.

Honestly, using a love interest to create tension between two characters is without a doubt the weakest and most cliche route when it comes to storytelling and if a person thinks that it's the only or best way to do so then, well thank the lord that they aren't behind the team that makes these films.lol

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:54 AM   #108
TayDee
Side-Kick

Well my expectations have gone down a little.

TayDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:10 AM   #109
StraightSix
Side-Kick

Maybe if Zack made a better movie this never happens. Mos is a good movie but not an amazing one.

Way too many issues in the movie from story, pacing and character development keeping it from being amazing.

StraightSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:07 AM   #110
Superchan
Side-Kick

Personally I could careless if Synder had originally intended to make a MOS sequel or a WF film, what is really important is that Synder makes a good film because in all honesty if WF ends up being a well a made film that pays respect to both characters then honestly this would do wonders for the MOS franchise (you can bet the farm that there will be atleast another solo MOS film after JL) and the inevitable batman reboot.

Superchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:06 AM   #111
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
Yeah. I'd be fine for ONE sequel, a World's finest, and a series of films afterward featuring Cavill's Superman. It doesn't have to be a trilogy. Comics are ongoing. It'd be a first for DC to have an ongoing cross-universe set of films.
agreed

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:09 AM   #112
Ethermatic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchan View Post
Personally I could careless if Synder had originally intended to make a MOS sequel or a WF film, what is really important is that Synder makes a good film because in all honesty if WF ends up being a well a made film that pays respect to both characters then honestly this would do wonders for the MOS franchise (you can bet the farm that there will be atleast another solo MOS film after JL) and the inevitable batman reboot.
Well, so far he's 0-1. I don't have high hopes.

Ethermatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:13 AM   #113
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort Baringa View Post
BH/HHH said, "Superman deserved to have more development in a solo sequel."

If the quote from Snyder is true, then WB obviously were getting worried that MOS was not the surefire hit that was expected. They might have even become a bit worried that they might have another Superman Returns type reception for MOS2. And after all, it is WB's money that goes to financing such a big budget sequel, and they have every right to ask this question.

I am just a bit confused, and also a bit annoyed if it is true, that it was strictly Christopher Nolan's idea to have the Dark Knight series as a trilogy. Why would Warner Brothers restrict a monumentally spectacular series to only three movies? If Noland didn't want to make more than three films, the story could have continued under someone else's direction. Let us continue with the characters that have already been successfully established - but with new actors in the continuing roles if necessary. Okay, the masterpiece that was Ledger's Joker is gone, but someone else could eventually step into that same characterization created by him - there are plenty of really good actors out there who could probably do the same Joker interpretation.

I am happy that WB stepped in if this is true. It could have been years - maybe over five - to seen our favourite character return if they had not.
MOS is a hit to me but it seems WBs were expecting it to make more for one reason. I do think a sequel would have been a bigger hit but WBs are been their usual cautious selves. The need to take risks.

You feel nearly the same as I do about Nolan's bat series, the next trilogy could have changed style and been different interpretations of the characters but still been in the same universe like the Bond films. I don't really agree on the Joker comment though cause I think each actor should make a role their own. I still think Nolan didn't really want to make a 3rd film and he did so cause WBs let him make Inception.

I get that but I don't see the rush myself, look at Marvel the Avengers didn't happen over night. But WBs want a taste of the Avengers revenue.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:31 AM   #114
titansupes
Side-Kick

There's no way this quote is the real deal. No director would say that before heading into such a high profile film, and the wording itself (of the whole article) is just weird, and terribly vague. I'm calling BS.

titansupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:19 AM   #115
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

I have to admit, that quote is kinda worrying to me. I think the idea is great, but I really hope WB isn't rushing things.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:51 AM   #116
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethermatic View Post
Well, so far he's 0-1. I don't have high hopes.
3-0 for cbm in my book

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #117
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
There's no way this quote is the real deal. No director would say that before heading into such a high profile film, and the wording itself (of the whole article) is just weird, and terribly vague. I'm calling BS.
To be honest, I kind of agree. I know it's from a respected source, but it still seems kind of fishy to me. It sounds misquoted at best, completely made up at worst.

And if it's real, WB ought to come down hard on Snyder and say, "Do you want this job or not?".

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #118
STARMAN
Side-Kick

The quote is missing the word "awesome".

STARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #119
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Indeed; wow, I'm sure the poster would do well if they were the creative minds behind Twilight.

Honestly, using a love interest to create tension between two characters is without a doubt the weakest and most cliche route when it comes to storytelling and if a person thinks that it's the only or best way to do so then, well thank the lord that they aren't behind the team that makes these films.lol
Wow, you're TOTALLY missing the point. It's not about what's best for the story, it's about what's best for the studio. Even the animated series World's Finest arc flirted with the same love triangle.

Cliches? In summer blockbusters? You're right, there's just no room for them. Not at all.

:: cue completely unearned kiss scene in MOS ::

Skrilla31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #120
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
The quote is missing the word "awesome".
I think he'd try to mince words like he did when 3D was forced on him. I think the truth will eventually come out and show in the final product.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #121
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
And the site doesnt even have a conversation with Snyder
Just a mention that a source talked to him and the quote .
If the site didnt make it up, the source did .

Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #122
Tequilla
Side-Kick

I dont understand the surprise.

Most director's have a tight leash with studios. Hell, probably just a few actually have any power to influence.

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #123
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Even if Nolan is just an exec Producer I think it would be borderline moronic of Goyer/Snyder if they didn't chat with Chris as well.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #124
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

wrong thread.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #125
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

That video has already shown up on here many times, Snyder best be prepared to watch that video for years if he makes Batman beat Superman.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline   Reply With Quote