The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 12:20 AM   #251
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Jasper Sitwell, Senator Stern, and Alexander Pierce (by association) were all confirmed to be HYDRA through that script leak a couple months back Freshman posted. He only posted about that part of the script on this forum though and held it back from the post on CBM
That would be one of the things I'd forgotten about. Been awhile since that came out.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:25 AM   #252
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Curious; does anyone else here feel that with Hydra still existing in the present, does that, in some ways, take away from Steve's victories over them in the past, let alone imply that he was overall unsuccessful in stopping them like he was supposed to in the past?

Old 08-11-2013, 12:28 AM   #253
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I don't think it really matters. You cut off one head, two more grow in its place. It's just the fulfillment of a promise and a cool twist in the MCU.

Makes it more interesting.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:30 AM   #254
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Curious; does anyone else here feel that with Hydra still existing in the present, does that, in some ways, take away from Steve's victories over them in the past, let alone imply that he was overall unsuccessful in stopping them like he was supposed to in the past?
No, no more than any hero with a reoccurring archvillain. Plus coming back is Hydra's whole shtick - "Cut off one head, two more shall take its place!"

Plus the world survived, so he beat them in the past. The fact that they survived doesn't change that.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 08-11-2013, 12:32 AM   #255
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Depends.

If HYDRA is still the same as it was the last time we saw it, then yeah, it kind of does.

But if it is a different kind of entity now. Rather than a rogue military faction, it's a secret cabal of powerful individuals, then it's fine.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:34 AM   #256
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

I don't think so. He stopped them from essentially taking control of the war and bombing several huge areas, forcing HYDRA to regress back into the shadows, where they probably had to recuperate for decades before resurging. It seems to be same villain, different plan. He's no more unsuccessful than Thor was in his solo movie after stopping Loki from destroying Jotunheim, only to have Loki come back for Earth in TA.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:34 AM   #257
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
The footage wasn't all in black and white. All that was in black and white were the unfinished FX shot such as the jet exterior shots or the tracking shot of the tanker and Cap doing his big leap into the water.

Pretty much everything else was in color.

Also, Cap's fight footage looks fantastic. We finally get to see Cap fight like we want. He uses his shield very strategically. It bounces off guys and then ricochets off a surface onto another guy. Avengers didn't have much shield slinging for Cap. Plus they cut out his fight sequence with Thor.

Black Widow was acting like Cap's wingman in the footage trying to set Cap up for a date. Cap's like "leave me alone." Black Widow you might just have to relieve Cap of his 90 year old virginity yourself.

ALSO ONCE AGAIN NOT ALL IN BLACK WHITE! That's a blatant lie.

Also Rumlow is in the elevator with Captain America when the attack starts. He's the last one to go down and he uses these special tasers. Cap absorbs the hits. Rumlow says "it's nothing personal." Cap knocks him out and says something like, "Feels pretty personal to me," and flips up the shield.

To Hunter Rider, CG on the quinjet attack looks good. Also the Helicarrier getting blown to hell.

Also, while I get the feeling that Pierce is manipulative and evil, I also have a bad feeling about Fury as well. I dunno, maybe they are trying to get us to turn against Fury as well and make us think he could be bad. He does do a lot of shady things. He's lied and cheated the heroes before.
Thanks for the description, info on the CGI and clarifying the black and white situation.

this really does sound like it is shaping up brilliantly, the banter between Cap and Black Widow as they set about boarding the tanker sounds great.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 08-11-2013, 12:34 AM   #258
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Found a story from Empire about CA: TWS at D23. One big thing the Russos let slip is that they crash one of the Helicarriers (although I'm not entirely sure how serious they're being in this part of the interview.)

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38428

Old 08-11-2013, 12:37 AM   #259
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I don't think it really matters. You cut off one head, two more grow in its place. It's just the fulfillment of a promise and a cool twist in the MCU.

Makes it more interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
No, no more than any hero with a reoccurring archvillain. Plus coming back is Hydra's whole shtick - "Cut off one head, two more shall take its place!"

Plus the world survived, so he beat them in the past. The fact that they survived doesn't change that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
Depends.

If HYDRA is still the same as it was the last time we saw it, then yeah, it kind of does.

But if it is a different kind of entity now. Rather than a rogue military faction, it's a secret cabal of powerful individuals, then it's fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
I don't think so. He stopped them from essentially taking control of the war and bombing several huge areas, forcing HYDRA to regress back into the shadows, where they probably had to recuperate for decades before resurging. It seems to be same villain, different plan. He's no more unsuccessful than Thor was in his solo movie after stopping Loki from destroying Jotunheim, only to have Loki come back for Earth in TA.
Great answers guys! Definitely makes sense when you put it like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Found a story from Empire about CA: TWS at D23. One big thing the Russos let slip is that they crash one of the Helicarriers (although I'm not entirely sure how serious they're being in this part of the interview.)

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38428
I thought there was only just one of them? There are more?

Old 08-11-2013, 12:39 AM   #260
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
That footage description sounds gooooood!

So, Rumlow's going to be Cap's colleague/bud before his eventual transformation to "baddie". And then Cap's going to have to contend with WS' real identity...

With all the spec of Redford's character having dual intentions, plus Nick Fury being an overall manipulative bastard and Sharon Carter not being "Sharon" at the beginning of the movie, it seems like the running theme of CA:TWS is "friends" are enemies and "enemies" are friends. Everyone's identity is compromised and/or shifting.

I'm now really supremely intrigued about Rumlow's arc in this movie. They're taking an angle that I wasn't expecting.
My thoughts exactly. Sam also first appears in the guise of a former Air National Guard member, and the fact that Natasha seems to be nudging him toward "Sharon" is also telling about Natasha. Maybe everyone in the movie is deceiving Steve in some way.

It also makes me wonder if Natasha ends up betraying Steve in some way. I don't think she'd jump **** and join the bad guys, or whatever, but perhaps she does something that causes her and Steve to have a falling out.

The writers did talk about the movie tackling "loyalties" as it heads into Avengers 2, and it would provide a nice exit for Natasha in order for Sharon and Sam to have more room for focus in the next movie.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:44 AM   #261
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Pretty well known that there are Helicarriers crashing in this movie.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:45 AM   #262
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:

From some reports of the footage shown at Comic-Con and D23, there appears to be a shot confirming there's now a fleet of Helicarriers at SHIELD's disposal.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:53 AM   #263
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

Yeah, I'm so damn excited for this film. Sounds like the Captain America movie that'll encompass the character more so than First Avenger.

Spidey and Cap were always my 2 boyz during my childhood. So, to have both of their latest films releasing within weeks of each other...dream coming true man.

Also, read the spoilers...****. Sounds like some sick twists are transpiring.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 08-11-2013, 12:59 AM   #264
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Vile One's posts and all the other posts from D23 are only making the wait for this movie worse!

NEED TRAILER NAO!!

Old 08-11-2013, 01:09 AM   #265
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

And to think, there was a period where there were quite a few people who thought that this film would be the smallest in scale compared to the other solo films, let alone the one that people were worried was screwed due to the choice in the Russos.

Old 08-11-2013, 01:19 AM   #266
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
And to think, there was a period where there were quite a few people who thought that this film would be the smallest in scale compared to the other solo films, let alone the one that people were worried was screwed due to the choice in the Russos.
There's always a bunch of chicken littles who want to project their miserable internal negativity on every project that comes along, well before anything substantial is known about it.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 08-11-2013, 01:27 AM   #267
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
There's always a bunch of chicken littles who want to project their miserable internal negativity on every project that comes along, well before anything substantial is known about it.
Well to be fair, I think a little Chicken Littling was pretty appropriate when talking about CA:TWS. At least when the Russos were first announced.

Thank goodness they've really seemed to know what they're doing with this project!

Old 08-11-2013, 01:34 AM   #268
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:

I read somewhere that after the Battle of New York, Nick Fury and the Council decided to create a fleet of Helicarriers for SHIELD, with a view to using them as part of a global monitoring/strike force scheme. Nick told Steve that he wanted to be able to act before problems arose. Steve was troubled by this because civil liberties might be violated: "Don't we have to wait for a crime to be committed before going after people?" was his concern. So Fury had a fleet of Helicarriers commissioned, and one or more of them get destroyed in TWS.

Old 08-11-2013, 02:41 AM   #269
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I read somewhere that after the Battle of New York, Nick Fury and the Council decided to create a fleet of Helicarriers for SHIELD, with a view to using them as part of a global monitoring/strike force scheme. Nick told Steve that he wanted to be able to act before problems arose. Steve was troubled by this because civil liberties might be violated: "Don't we have to wait for a crime to be committed before going after people?" was his concern. So Fury had a fleet of Helicarriers commissioned, and one or more of them get destroyed in TWS.
Jeez; this could turn into a one epic Star Wars like aerial ships' battle if done right.

I guess with the financial and critical success of the Avengers, along with Disney backing them up, they've really upped the production value, scale, and overall story of these Phase 2 films thus far since all of them appear to be very promising.

Old 08-11-2013, 03:17 AM   #270
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideyfan93 View Post
Yeah, I'm so damn excited for this film. Sounds like the Captain America movie that'll encompass the character more so than First Avenger.

Spidey and Cap were always my 2 boyz during my childhood. So, to have both of their latest films releasing within weeks of each other...dream coming true man.

Also, read the spoilers...****. Sounds like some sick twists are transpiring.
I am curious how the First Avenger didn't encompass the character almost completely?

Old 08-11-2013, 04:45 AM   #271
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaNeT View Post
Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige let it be known that the "CATWS" teaser-trailer will premiere in September,and First full Trailer to be attached Thor 2.
Source? I want to get excited, but I need to know for sure.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:32 AM   #272
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Jeez; this could turn into a one epic Star Wars like aerial ships' battle if done right.

I guess with the financial and critical success of the Avengers, along with Disney backing them up, they've really upped the production value, scale, and overall story of these Phase 2 films thus far since all of them appear to be very promising.
I can't wait to see the Falcon's flying firefights with rogue SHIELD agents in jets. Mackie said he dives off a Helicarrier at some point, which is gonna look so badass.

Thor is shaping up to be great, as is GOTG, but Captain America is the film that has me most excited.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #273
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I can't wait to see the Falcon's flying firefights with rogue SHIELD agents in jets. Mackie said he dives off a Helicarrier at some point, which is gonna look so badass.

Thor is shaping up to be great, as is GOTG, but Captain America is the film that has me most excited.
There was a time where I assumed that Thor's sequel would be my most anticipated Phase 2 film before the next Avengers' film, but while I'm still greatly anticipating for that film, I think The Winter Soldier may take the spot of my most anticipated solo phase 2 film.

And I'm actually curious to see on how they'll handle the Steve and Natasha relationship in this film as well; probably more so than any other relationship shown thus far within the MCU, mainly because we've never seen that "intimate" side of Natasha's character, along with how much of an odd couple she and Steve make due to the difference in their personalities.

Plus, I like the fact that they'll be taking Steve's character on his own personal journey and make him question himself more than they did in the first film and the action definitely seems to be on a much bigger scale than TFA.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #274
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

CA:TWS is definitely my most anticipated Phase 2 project. I may even be slightly more excited for this over A:AoU. Guardians is just nipping at its heels too. I'm very excited to see how they're going to portray all of Steve's relationships in the movie, from Natasha to Bucky and Sam and Fury... Heck, I'm now interested in Rumlow's arc in the film!

Definitely, though, the Natasha/Steve friendship/connection or whatever it is is really an interesting angle they're taking. I love how the actors and directors are talking it up in interviews too.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #275
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Or they had legitimate cause for pessimism based on what little information they had at the time and being nurtured on a long line of disappointing comic book movies that then colors their more cautious and perhaps cynical outlook? That skepticism now flowers into optimism as what was previously perceived to be questionable information is replaced by more solid, inspired ones? Information is ever changing. It doesn't always come in same colors and shades. Bad information breeds skepticism, good ones fanboy glee.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Closed Thread