The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #776
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
It's on ABC? Oh, thank goodness. I've been scared this entire time because I heard it was on NBC.

And they are so not. But that's beside the point.
Seinfeld, The Office, Parks and Rec, Scrubs, Community, My Name is Earl, yeah they aren't known for comedies. Anyway its cool that Batroc will have a gang with him it'd be cool for Cap to take all of them before he gets to Batroc.

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Old 09-08-2013, 11:05 PM   #777
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Speaking of IMDB, some background actors have been added. There's a Adetokumboh M'Cormack playing Machete, who I assume is meant to be Ferdinand Lopez from Batroc's Brigade. Others include a Russian Spider and a WW2 Russian Soldier, who'll probably appear during the WS/BW flashbacks.
Machete is in this? Boy, Robert Rodriguez is everywhere these days.

Trying to figure out who/what "Russian Spider" refers to. Somebody get dinged by spellcheck when trying to type "Russian Spy" or something? Or maybe (cue conspiracy theory music) it's actually supposed to be "Russian Spider-MAN...."

(insert Yakov Smirnoff joke here)

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 09-09-2013, 01:45 AM   #778
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrin Parker View Post
Seinfeld, The Office, Parks and Rec, Scrubs, Community, My Name is Earl, yeah they aren't known for comedies. Anyway its cool that Batroc will have a gang with him it'd be cool for Cap to take all of them before he gets to Batroc.
Cheers, The Cosby Show, Family Ties, Night Court, Frasier, The Golden Girls, Wings.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:23 AM   #779
xeno000
Raining hell from above

I wish Marvel would just throw us a bone here with some Cap news. Anything, even a set photo, would be good at this point. Folks have been complaining on the Thor forum but they've been feasting on news and images compared to TWS fans.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #780
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I wish Marvel would just throw us a bone here with some Cap news. Anything, even a set photo, would be good at this point. Folks have been complaining on the Thor forum but they've been feasting on news and images compared to TWS fans.
There was a week of drought in the Spidey Boards, people went crazy and like everything there turned into a flame war...

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 09-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #781
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Yes, because you've already seen the movie and know EXACTLY how everything will play out, please.
Wolverine is the one travelling back in time while Bishop, Cable and many other mutants have time traveled many times in the comics, and mind travel is NOT the only option. Even Blink can open portals to other universes, so they could have used her as a time traveler if they wanted.

Kitty should have had a big role in this movie, not Wolverine, that has had two solo movies and was the main character in all the trilogy. This is TOO MUCH. Its getting really boring and repetitive.Fox and directors just doesn't care too much about the other x-men and seem to be Obsessed with Wolverine, when there are many other characters much more interesting and powerful than him.

I'm not hating on wolverine. I'm hating on Fox for demoting the x men to supporting characters while wolverine basically carries the story and emotional narrative. Having a movie feature wolverine in a prominent roll is not a problem. The problem is NO ONE ELSE on the team is given any shine and therefore the franchise doesn't gain any larger foundation. This is why we will only get wolverine movies, because they don't take the time to develop any other characters. What's truly mind boggling is, despite them basically riding Logan's cocktails, none of his movies have been that successful when compared to movies about characters that are half as popular as him. So then what is the point?

Sorry for the long rant guys.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #782
Loki882
Side-Kick

We know that Wolverine is traveling back in time, we DO NOT know what happens after that. Mark Millar, Fox's Joss Whedon these days, has said that Kitty fans will be pleased when they see the films, so I would imagine that she has an important role.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #783
ctsketch
Side-Kick

I thought I was in the X-men forums for a second

Old 09-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #784
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
We know that Wolverine is traveling back in time, we DO NOT know what happens after that. Mark Millar, Fox's Joss Whedon these days, has said that Kitty fans will be pleased when they see the films, so I would imagine that she has an important role.
Well let's hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
I thought I was in the X-men forums for a second
Sorry

Old 09-09-2013, 10:08 PM   #785
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Machete is in this? Boy, Robert Rodriguez is everywhere these days.

Trying to figure out who/what "Russian Spider" refers to. Somebody get dinged by spellcheck when trying to type "Russian Spy" or something? Or maybe (cue conspiracy theory music) it's actually supposed to be "Russian Spider-MAN...."

(insert Yakov Smirnoff joke here)
Maybe that has some to do with The Red Room? Black Widow is a kind of spider. IDK.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #786
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Yeah we really got spoiled this summer with all the filming pictures. It's hard to suddenly be getting nothing.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #787
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

I notice Mary Jo Markey is absent from the IMDB crew list for this movie. Maybe the post-production schedule was conflicting with her commitments on Star Wars: Episode VII? She's not even listed as 'additional editor.'

"Come Think With Us."
Old 09-10-2013, 06:57 PM   #788
TeeKay
Side-Kick

I cried at the end of CA:TFA :'( Especially when Steve was talking to Peggy before he crashed the ship. The feels during that scene, it was too much.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:10 PM   #789
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

You know, if Coulson wasn't made to look as though he were killed off in "The Avengers" then it would have been nice to see him in on the action and fight alongside Captain America in this film when the chance arrived.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #790
Loki882
Side-Kick

Coulson was the logical choice to "die" in TA, and he's the focus of a TV show. But yeah, that would have been cool. Maybe they'll reference Cap having some guilt over Coulson's death (as far as he knows), considering Fury's speech and Coulson being such a fanboy.

Old 09-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #791
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Doh Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 8

Two days without a post? We need some news!

There's some speculation floating around that a teaser for CA:TWS will be released to coincide with the premiere of Agents of SHIELD, but nothing concrete yet. Hopefully we'll get something because the lack of news is annoying.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #792
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Marvel would be missing a great cross-promotion opportunity if they didn't attach the first Cap teaser to Agents of SHIELD.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #793
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Marvel are more likely to attach anew Thor trailer with Agents of Shield than a Captain America teaser. That's just the way I see it.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #794
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Even a new picture would be nice. Heck I'd even take more spy photos

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Old 09-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #795
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Marvel are more likely to attach anew Thor trailer with Agents of Shield than a Captain America teaser. That's just the way I see it.
from a strategic point of view I agree. Focus the marketing on T:TDW now, it's only a couple of weeks away. a first teaser for TWS attached to TDW would be perfectly fine

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 09-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #796
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Relative to TWS's release, a teaser in late September would be the same timeline as the first teasers for IM3 & TTDW relative to their respective releases.

So I propose a teaser for TWS with the first episode of AoS, then a new trailer for TDW with episode 2. Make it happen Marvel.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 09-12-2013, 04:46 PM   #797
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
Relative to TWS's release, a teaser in late September would be the same timeline as the first teasers for IM3 & TTDW relative to their respective releases.

So I propose a teaser for TWS with the first episode of AoS, then a new trailer for TDW with episode 2. Make it happen Marvel.
The teaser trailer for IM3 was released in october not september.

Old 09-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #798
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

But iron man came out in may and cap is coming out in april

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Old 09-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #799
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Exactly^.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 09-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #800
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
But iron man came out in may and cap is coming out in april
That doesn't matter, the trailer for CA: TWS is probably coming out with Thor 2 But I might be wrong, the trailer maybe very well attached to Agents of Shield but i'm thinking a new Thor trailer/tv spot will be attached to that,so we'll see Thor is coming out in a month, this will be a perfect opportunity to market the film by attaching a Thor trailer to AOS since the movie is coming out very soon.b CA: TWS is coming out next year, they still have plenty of time to build up hype and market the film. I just think,for now,they need to concetrate on the marketing for Thor 2

Last edited by TeeKay; 09-12-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Closed Thread