KaineMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:13 PM   #627
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
Yeah, I really enjoyed this one as well. Very nice to see Ron Frenz & Sal Buscema again, brought a nice air of authenticity to this long-awaited Ock/Goblin tale. From what is shown, parts are taking place after Invasion of The Spider Slayers, during Maximum Carnage, and the ending places itself right before Spider-Man Unlimited #3. Another fine deed for Norman...
It makes sense for the stories following Ultimate Spider-Man 3 as well.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

After Mary Alice died of AIDS, Otto became obsessed with killing Spidey himself. Why? Because Osborn was clearly so focused on Peter's death, so Otto tried to steal that victory from him. However, Ock was killed by Kaine before it could be done. Otto didnt get resurrected until after Norman revealed himself to be alive, thus Otto lost his trump card over Osborn: the knowledge that he was alive. Although it will be interesting to see how they explain Otto not going after Norman after he was alive again. Perhaps Mary Alice's death gave him extra motivation to try and kill Norman during the Shush arc. I love how this all fits continuity so well. Well played, creative team.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:19 PM   #628
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Really great issue!

But, I'm confused, based on what Slott has said in the past...

I thought he said Ghost Pete wasn't the real Pete. So what does that mean that Ghost Pete has reclaimed Pete? And does this mean Ock's gone for good? (OK, i know it's comics so I'm sure he'll be back someday.) So, is this really it for Pete's return? Somehow I thought the soul molecule would play a part in this.

I also love the expanding Goblin mystery!

Can't wait for next issue!

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form
Spider-Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:22 PM   #629
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with
Liz Allan.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:23 PM   #630
KaineMorrison
ben_reilly_s_s

I think the stupidest line in the issue was when Otto Parktavius told Ghost Pete to follow him...
Uh, Ghost Pete wasn't there beside him, he's inside of him...

Old 03-26-2014, 09:26 PM   #631
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

uh. all of this just sounds incredibly confusing and bizarre. I'm glad I haven't even bought the books in a few years. Gah!

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:30 PM   #632
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm going to guess that Liz dies, forcing Harry to come back to NYC to care for Normie. Should be interesting to see how Normie get's along with little Stanley.

Slott promised us that a long time character could die and no "old timer" has bit the dust. Liz has been around since AF 15, it doesn't get any more long term than that.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:13 PM   #633
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
I'm going to guess that Liz dies, forcing Harry to come back to NYC to care for Normie. Should be interesting to see how Normie get's along with little Stanley.

Slott promised us that a long time character could die and no "old timer" has bit the dust. Liz has been around since AF 15, it doesn't get any more long term than that.
This is a good prediction, Slott has said we'd be seeing Harry Osborn again soon. He's been absent since 2010 save for that quick appearance in 697.

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

DeviantArt. Art blog. Hype Art Thread. Twitter. Instagram. YouTube.

TIMESPACE.
Spidey_62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:14 PM   #634
KaineMorrison
ben_reilly_s_s

Will #31 have a higher page count?

Old 03-26-2014, 10:49 PM   #635
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaineMorrison View Post
Will #31 have a higher page count?
64 pages.

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

DeviantArt. Art blog. Hype Art Thread. Twitter. Instagram. YouTube.

TIMESPACE.
Spidey_62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:50 PM   #636
KaineMorrison
ben_reilly_s_s

thanks

Old 03-26-2014, 11:13 PM   #637
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Carlie
died
What are you talking about? She was just in last week's Superior Annual #2. Sanjani reversed the goblin formula and she was in recovery. I saw no mention of her in this issue.

runawayboulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:22 PM   #638
KaineMorrison
ben_reilly_s_s

it was either Sajani or Menace that said it.

Old 03-26-2014, 11:25 PM   #639
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Menace and the Green Goblin saw TV reports about Carlie attacking Parker Industries and assumed she died due to a roof collapse. Carlie was shown strapped to a table a page or 2 later.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:44 AM   #640
socool
True

Quote:
Carlie
died
I see you didn't read 28.

When Parker Industries collapsed, Carlie, Sajani, and Peter were in there. Clearly Menace thinks they died since she hasn't spoken to her since.

socool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:42 AM   #641
KaineMorrison
ben_reilly_s_s

I thought they were referring to the events in Annual #2...

Old 03-27-2014, 12:31 PM   #642
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

I'll probably get flamed for this but that thing I wanted to get a closer look at......

The big splash page when Peter gets back all of his memories, I admit, I was scouring that for the wedding scene. I was hoping maybe they would sneak it in there so if Peter remembered it, then the door would ever so slightly be open for the future. I know, I know.....oh, well.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:34 PM   #643
socool
True

Quote:
I thought they were referring to the events in Annual #2...
Oh I didn't read that. You may be right then.

socool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:41 PM   #644
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Originally Posted by socool View Post
Oh I didn't read that. You may be right then.
She's not dead. She was cured during the annual and by the end she was unconscious and recovering. That's probably what Sanjani was trying to tell SpOck before he locked himself into his lab with Ghost Peter.

I do get this feeling that
she may come out of this with permanent powers though. Sanjani stressed to the Wraith that the serum was experimental. It's like they are leaving the door open for something.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:25 PM   #645
stillanerd
Side-Kick

Okay, I did a review of this at the Crawlspace, and I got to be honest: while I thought there were some good, and even brilliant moments in this issue,
I was profoundly disappointed in the way and manner in which Peter gets his body back from Otto to say the least.

And let me pose you folks this question: are we really 100% sure that Peter Parker is indeed back? Because if you really look closely at this issue, it's not as clear-cut as we might think because we have two alternatives: either the Otto Octavious we've been reading about since Amazing Spider-Man #698 was really just a brainwashed Peter having been reprogrammed into believing he was Doc Ock, which also means the real Doc Ock died in Amazing Spider-Man #700...or, because as this issue reminds us, Ghost Peter is just a "memory fragment" of Peter, which means the real Peter is still very much dead and it was only the "memory fragment" who took control of Peter's body and that he only thinks he's the real Peter.

And BTW, I'm inclined to agree that the scene with Liz Allan was a definite red herring designed to throw us off the real Goblin King: Lil' Normie Osborn. Just look at that scene again and pay particular attention to what Normie says.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine! --Mad TV

stillanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:48 PM   #646
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
Okay, I did a review of this at the Crawlspace, and I got to be honest: while I thought there were some good, and even brilliant moments in this issue,
I was profoundly disappointed in the way and manner in which Peter gets his body back from Otto to say the least.

And let me pose you folks this question: are we really 100% sure that Peter Parker is indeed back? Because if you really look closely at this issue, it's not as clear-cut as we might think because we have two alternatives: either the Otto Octavious we've been reading about since Amazing Spider-Man #698 was really just a brainwashed Peter having been reprogrammed into believing he was Doc Ock, which also means the real Doc Ock died in Amazing Spider-Man #700...or, because as this issue reminds us, Ghost Peter is just a "memory fragment" of Peter, which means the real Peter is still very much dead and it was only the "memory fragment" who took control of Peter's body and that he only thinks he's the real Peter.

And BTW, I'm inclined to agree that the scene with Liz Allan was a definite red herring designed to throw us off the real Goblin King: Lil' Normie Osborn. Just look at that scene again and pay particular attention to what Normie says.
I agree with this. I was hoping for an epic Parker vs Ock Showdown with Peter winning in triumph with Ock hopelessly thinking he could still fix things. All I got from this was: "That's it?"

Also, that scene where Peter's surrounded by his memories was kinda reminiscent of the Smallville finale which was kinda cool.

Please check out my Power Rangers Movie Fan Trailers!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:38 PM   #647
KaineMorrison
ben_reilly_s_s

Quote:

I've been saying it for a while now:
1 - Otto would willingly give up to Peter
2 - Green Goblin is Normie

Old 03-28-2014, 07:03 PM   #648
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
I'll probably get flamed for this but that thing I wanted to get a closer look at......

The big splash page when Peter gets back all of his memories, I admit, I was scouring that for the wedding scene. I was hoping maybe they would sneak it in there so if Peter remembered it, then the door would ever so slightly be open for the future. I know, I know.....oh, well.
You're not the only one! The thought did cross my mind when I was looking at all the scenes, especially when they said ALL the memories.

Oh well, indeed...

Quote:

This is what I had brought in my earlier post, which was in Spoiler tags. I mean, didn't Slott say before that "Ghost Pete" was a memory fragment and not real Pete? So what does this mean?

So, are people still saying Normie can go back and forth in how old physically he can look?

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form
Spider-Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:00 PM   #649
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Gnome View Post
You're not the only one! The thought did cross my mind when I was looking at all the scenes, especially when they said ALL the memories.

Oh well, indeed...

Quote:
This is what I had brought in my earlier post, which was in Spoiler tags. I mean, didn't Slott say before that "Ghost Pete" was a memory fragment and not real Pete? So what does this mean?

I think Otto said it. He could have been wrong. Hell, he was wrong about him being a Superior Spider-Man compared to Peter Parker. That's the way I look at it.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:22 PM   #650
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

Getting issue #30 today.... Gotta stay away from the internetz... And this thread...

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Themanofbat is offline   Reply With Quote