The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Comics

Old 08-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #51
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post
While SpOtto has gone out of his way to avoid Dr. Strange, it's not like Stephen to dwelve into his friend's mind every time he sees him... there IS mutual respect between the heroes...

Strange would have to be given some pretty decent information or a really damn good reason in order to think about looking into his friend's head... imo.

The fact that a handful of his fellow Avengers subjected Spidey to a mind scan should be enough to warrant a mystical scanning no?

Old 08-12-2013, 11:46 PM   #52
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Spoons View Post
The fact that a handful of his fellow Avengers subjected Spidey to a mind scan should be enough to warrant a mystical scanning no?
Doesn't seem like much of a reason for Strange... after all, they did find nothing... so again, he would have to need some pretty convincing reason to do it...

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Themanofbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:18 AM   #53
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

You'd think after Secret Invasion that scans of all types would be a weekly occurrence.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:35 AM   #54
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Quote:
Aloha,
Slott was interviewed a while back and stated that Dr.Strange is the LAST person SpOck wants to meet. But then in Superior Spider-Man Team up #1, we see SpOck punching out Doc Strange.Now maybe that was a preemptive strike on SpOcks part but that scene really bothered me.
Spidey rules with continuity

Donald Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:19 AM   #55
Themanofbat

Strange was probably also aware that his mind was invaded, and is very grateful to his long-time friend...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Old 08-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #56
ParkerPeters
Mighty Amazing

Yeah, Spidey probably just punched his chops and hurried off.

ParkerPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #57
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
You'd think after Secret Invasion that scans of all types would be a weekly occurrence.
Exactly. One would think that in a universe where clones, mind/body swaps, skrull impersonators, etc... are a common occurrence, that the second someone started acting "strangely" or out of the ordinary (and these characters have known each other for what? 10 years in comic book time?) that they'd be scanned by Xavier, Strange, any other number of psychics, etc...

Vid Electricz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #58
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Never read any Spider-Man 2099. Will be interesting to get to read the character.

Lunar_Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #59
Themanofbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
Exactly. One would think that in a universe where clones, mind/body swaps, skrull impersonators, etc... are a common occurrence, that the second someone started acting "strangely" or out of the ordinary (and these characters have known each other for what? 10 years in comic book time?) that they'd be scanned by Xavier, Strange, any other number of psychics, etc...
But exactly how "out of character" is Spidey acting in regards to the super-hero community?

He's still stopping crime... quite effectively... he just seems more "darker" in regards to his tone... which has happened before to Spider-Man (I am the Spider anyone?), as well as to practically every other hero out there who might be in the position of making accusations.

I don't have any issues with how Marvel is proceeding with this storyline at all at this point in time.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #60
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Quote:
But exactly how "out of character" is Spidey acting in regards to the super-hero community?

He's still stopping crime... quite effectively... he just seems more "darker" in regards to his tone... which has happened before to Spider-Man (I am the Spider anyone?), as well as to practically every other hero out there who might be in the position of making accusations.

I don't have any issues with how Marvel is proceeding with this storyline at all at this point in time.

Exactly.Even when Wolverine called Spider-Man out on his ****, Spider-Man informed Logan he went to bloody lengths to get things done, and not to pointing the finger at him for going harder on the likes of Vulture.

Lunar_Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #61
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar_Wolf View Post
Never read any Spider-Man 2099. Will be interesting to get to read the character.
I'm still strongly considering picking up that arc myself. I don't read Superior but I loved the 2099 Universe. Any chance I can get to read a 2099 character (though I wish the X-men 2099 would get some love) I'll jump on it. That said, it all depends on whether my finances allow it.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:12 AM   #62
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:

Didn't he execute a dude by shooting him with a handgun?

If that's not the biggest red flag right there...

But I understand that certain concessions must be made to allow this story to continue (the same way that the parents are always dumb/oblivious in teen comedy movies to allow the story to continue and wacky hijinks to ensue).

Vid Electricz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #63
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Spidey beating those 2 prankster w/ the webcam kids almost to death isn't enough to arouse suspicion?

Old 08-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #64
Themanofbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
Didn't he execute a dude by shooting him with a handgun?

If that's not the biggest red flag right there...

But I understand that certain concessions must be made to allow this story to continue (the same way that the parents are always dumb/oblivious in teen comedy movies to allow the story to continue and wacky hijinks to ensue).
Quote:
Spidey beating those 2 prankster w/ the webcam kids almost to death isn't enough to arouse suspicion?
Yes.

And after he did both those things one after the other, the Avengers brought him in (against his will), and performed a brain scan and found nothing. They proved, conclusively, that heís not a Skrull in disguise, nor a victim of the Space Phantom or any of Marvelís myriad mind-controllers.

So you can understand why they, while still concerned, would just be more accepting of his "dark change" because in their minds, they have determined that this is still in fact Peter Parker.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #65
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I don't buy it myself. While I think that scene was ok in setting up the basic premise on why they might lay off him for a bit and give him the benefit of the doubt. I think the characterisation was off. To me it's like they were acting as though they had only just met the guy the other week.

We've had years worth of stories with Spider-man not only as an Avenger but with many other hero team ups as well. The 'ah ok then' and 'not much I can do about it' attitude of the other heroes comes off as a bit hokey considering the amount of time they're meant to have known one another for. I'm not saying Spider-man is the best of friends with them, but they've been around one another too long for me to buy that scene.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #66
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Not to mention, none of the Avengers present for his scan was among the...smarter superheroes to put on a pair of tights. Carly and MJ are suspicious now, shouldn't be too hard for one of them to track down a helpful telepath or magic wielder in the MU; there's one on every corner of NY it seems.

Regardless, I get that the story Slott's trying to tell depends on Spidey being Doc Ock for a while longer AND I don't particularly miss Peter so

Old 08-15-2013, 07:19 PM   #67
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

Missed the past two issues of Superior Spidey.

I was just on CBM and read a subject line saying
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
that Doc Ock makes a team that is basically S6??

I guess I have to catch up because even though I'm not liking reading about Doc as Spidey, I do like reading about Spidey's villains.

Nicko-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #68
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

Also, just saw Marvel's Nov solicits..and some covers for Sup Spidey Annual #1 (ooohhh) and 21 and 22 I believe.

Didn't realize that he kinda had sneaker like boots like TASM.

Old 08-16-2013, 01:55 AM   #69
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko-Ray View Post
Also, just saw Marvel's Nov solicits..and some covers for Sup Spidey Annual #1 (ooohhh) and 21 and 22 I believe.

Didn't realize that he kinda had sneaker like boots like TASM.
Aloha,
Pet peeve of mine. Never cared for any type of boots on Spider-Man. His powers do not work through thick material. Spidey's "boots" are basically socks and the same exact material as his gloves. That's why you'll see Peter with his shoes tied together hanging around his neck when he has had to go somewhere without changing into costume.
Spidey rules

Last edited by Donald Thomas; 08-18-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Donald Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:43 PM   #70
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I don't like the slipper effect on Superior myself. I think the costume is interesting overall the slippers are a mar on an otherwise fine costume (but ultimately still an Alex Ross rip-off like Ultimate Spider-man's when you get down to it. Hope he gets royalties lol).

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #71
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Thomas View Post
Aloha,
Pet peeve on mine. Never cared for any type of boots on Spider-Man. His powers do not work through thick material. Spidey's "boots" are basically socks and the same exact material as his gloves. That's why you'll see Peter with his shoes tied together hanging around his neck when he has had to go somewhere without changing into costume.
Spidey rules
Ha sure. True. Maybe they took some slight influence from the movie. Idk. I'm kinda just waiting to see what happens in Superior so I don't really care as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I don't like the slipper effect on Superior myself. I think the costume is interesting overall the slippers are a mar on an otherwise fine costume (but ultimately still an Alex Ross rip-off like Ultimate Spider-man's when you get down to it. Hope he gets royalties lol).
Haha. Well when I first saw it, it reminded me of Ult Spidey.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:55 AM   #72
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
One could equally argue it's a rip-off of the Ben Reilly suit. It has more than a few things in common.

"My mum always said 'if someone doesn't like you, **** 'em. They've got bad taste.'" ~ Bob Hoskins on confidence.
JJJ's Ulcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #73
Spiderhog
Side-Kick

Issue 16: Oh ****. Its on!

Spiderhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #74
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Ah, man, issue 16? Awesome!!! Lovin' all this Goblin stuff. Not sure if our speculation on who the Goblin is is right, but I'm loving the direction! I thought the art was great and Slott continues to knock it out of the park and keep a hold of continuity. He even found a use for Menace!

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form
Spider-Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #75
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump

Slott's general plots are good lately, but I wish Yost was still scripting the dialogue. There's something too cartoony and unnatural about how the characters interact (like Norah talking about Phil drinking her last beer when she just found out he's a murdering psychopath). Combined with Ramos' goofy art the issue didn't carry the emotional weight it should have. I also would have liked a larger serious moment between Phil and Ben (there was kinda one but it was too fleeting).

Also I can't say I'm exactly pumped about Goblin Knight. The last Goblin derivative Menace showed that well has been tapped dry.

Last edited by JJJ's Ulcer; 08-21-2013 at 06:34 PM.
JJJ's Ulcer is offline   Reply With Quote