The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 09-11-2013, 05:13 AM   #101
CrypticOne
HiiiPoWeR

Default Re: Sons of Anarchy - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze View Post
Didn't get to see the tonite's preview of the season and I can't figure out which one it is on YouTube for the life of me so, could somebody do me a big favor and post a link to it. I'd be forever grateful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOEISE4wxXA

Old 09-11-2013, 06:16 AM   #102
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
Otto*
Ugh, you're right .

It was a long night. I have a previous commitment on Tuesdays so by the time I got home it was nearly over. I started watching it on my DVR and didn't realize it was 90+min....

I've been watching this show since it's pilot, I swear!!!!

#saveWontkinsMom
runawayboulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:24 AM   #103
The Demon's Head
Side-Kick

Love the show. Glad it's back.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:23 AM   #104
Maximus One
Oddball

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticOne View Post
Thanks dude! I should've typed in "this season on" anyways, damn! This season looks intense! And was that Clay hugging a crying, bloody Jax? Looked like he'd been hurt and was in a hospital bed or something. Man I'm so glad SOA is back!! This will totally help the mourning after Breaking Bad is over

Old 09-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #105
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

So does anyone want to place a friendly bet on who DOESN'T make it out of this season alive based on the premiere? Since this is the second to last season, I'm sure the herd is going to get thinned out.

My "money" is on Tig, Juice and Lee Toric.

There's no way that Jax is going to be able to protect Tig anymore and Tig's character has this feel about him since last night similar to Opie's character in his last days. He's going to sacrifice himself at some point to end his pain.

Juice is probably going to last until the finale. I can see his betrayal of Clay weighing on him so heavily that he's going to give something big to Clay to work with while he's locked up as penance. That will extend Clay's life into the final season. Then after that, Juice may take his own life, like he already tried doing once.

Lee Toric is so messed up and has so many demons, I can see him setting so much s**t in motion towards Samcro and then OD or something like that so he becomes the ghost that haunts the club all though S7. He'll push that figurative boulder all the way to the edge of the cliff and leave it hanging there waiting to fall on the club.

#saveWontkinsMom
Old 09-11-2013, 08:36 AM   #106
The Demon's Head
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thanks dude! I should've typed in "this season on" anyways, damn! This season looks intense! And was that Clay hugging a crying, bloody Jax? Looked like he'd been hurt and was in a hospital bed or something. Man I'm so glad SOA is back!! This will totally help the mourning after Breaking Bad is over
That was actually Otto. He looked pretty messed up.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:36 AM   #107
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
And was that Clay hugging a crying, bloody Jax?
Jax? That was clearly Otto.

rashad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #108
Maximus One
Oddball

Oh ok. I was watching on my phone. Looked like Jax at first glance

Maximus One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #109
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Bad, bad, Jax. And his wife was in jail what? A week? Bad, bad, Jax.

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
squeekness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:53 AM   #110
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

That's probably what's going to lead to Tara flipping on him and the club.

#saveWontkinsMom
Old 09-11-2013, 08:53 AM   #111
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Demon's Head View Post
That was actually Otto. He looked pretty messed up.
Daily prison rapes will do that to you.

#saveWontkinsMom
Old 09-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #112
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
That's probably what's going to lead to Tara flipping on him and the club.
I am not a big fan of cheaters. It can turn me off on my favorites.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:06 AM   #113
georgec
Not a hero

I really liked the premiere, but that Sutter is one sick, sick man.

I appreciate that he's willing to tackle an issue like that with guns falling into the wrong hands, but by the end of the premiere I think I was a bit exhausted from all the mayhem and whatnot.

Tara beating up the other inmate was depressing for me. She's turning into Gemma.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
georgec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #114
X-Ray
Ippiki-ookami

Bobby's situation was interesting. I guess this Jury's is what will draw in the other charters to decide his next destination. I forget who said it last night but someone mentioned a NOMAD charter needing 4 people to be started. Gemma said it folded some time ago. Bobby might have Quinn on board. Maybe Juice & Tig to fill in the other 2 spots to get the ball rolling? Could be a way to save Tig.

1999-2012

Miss you little buddy

X-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #115
Matchbox
Side-Kick

So I've been reading reviews of "Straw" online and I have to say that I'm getting a bit annoyed at some of the critics responses to
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
the school shooting
. Now, I'm fine with people not liking the brutality of the whole ordeal or even the fact that Sutter went there. However, I think it's incorrect to call it gratuitous or exploitative for shock value. I just think that's a lazy way to dismiss something that many find unsettling.

I've also heard critiques of this as being political in nature. That just isn't the case to me. The act committed at the end of 'Straw' isn't Sutter's attempt to draw sociopolitical comparisons to real life. It's simply an organic way to fascilitate a reality check and sense of responsibility to Jax and his club in regards to running guns.

I don't believe it is cheap shock value or gratuitous because the act itself wasn't explicitly shown. The IDEA of the violence was more important. Something big had to happen to shake Jax up and get him to see the big picture again. As we've all seen, its far too easy for these guys to almost go into autopilot with their club life. Running and offering guns is almost an afterthought. This changes that and its a natural consequence of their line of work. Again...the IDEA is the important thing, not the shock value.

Some critics dismiss this show entirely as mindless pulp. It is pulpy, but it's actually more than that. I also don't think it completely glamorizes violence. Part of glamorizing that is to remove consequences...and this show is full of them. The latest act of violence on innocents is just another consequence that will hit home for Jax as a leader and father.

Last edited by Matchbox; 09-11-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Matchbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #116
Matchbox
Side-Kick

As another aside, I happened to be watching the season 6 trailer again and remembered that Lee Toric can be heard reciting lines from a poem. After quickly typing some of those lines into Google, I discovered that it's actually from a work by Shakespeare. It's his 116th sonnet.

I then remembered that the next episode is entitled, "One One Six". I thought that was odd when I saw that title before but now I obviously realize it must refer to the sonnet Lee Toric was reciting (One One Six= Sonnet 116).

The sonnet is about the nature of true love; defining what it is, and what it is not. Clearly, Lee is a nutball, but I can't imagine why he of all people would be reciting that, but I do find it interesting. Any ideas?

Old 09-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #117
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

No idea but you are much more clever than I for figuring all that out.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:02 PM   #118
Matchbox
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekness View Post
No idea but you are much more clever than I for figuring all that out.
Nah, but thanks. I just find it interesting to dissect stuff. Here's the link to the video where Lee recites 116: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6szSwFS4PI
Here's the sonnet:
SONNET 116

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

Perhaps Lee recites it at a memorial for the victoms of the shooting. I dunno.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #119
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
So I've been reading reviews of "Straw" online and I have to say that I'm getting a bit annoyed at some of the critics responses to
the school shooting
I don't understand why people listen to anything these so called "critics" have to say about anything anymore. This isn't like the old days where every major newspaper had 1 guy as their entertainment critic or (in some cases) used a syndicated guy that sold his columns to multiple papers. Nowadays, any jerk-off with a laptop can be deemed a "critic". Most of them are probably some little jack ass intern that took the position as a stepping stone from whatever hack website they write for to get a better job with a legit organization.

They should all be taken with a grain of salt or flat out ignored. It's like we hear the word "critic" and they instantly become Roger Ebert in our minds or something.....

#saveWontkinsMom
Old 09-11-2013, 07:24 PM   #120
Matchbox
Side-Kick

Oh I agree with you. I just happen to enjoy reading critiques of episodes of my favorite shows just to see if someone else thought about elements of said episode in a different light than myself. I certainly don't put critics on a pedestal. Like I said before, I like dissecting these episodes and there are certain critiques and articles that bring up things I hadn't thought of before. That's also one of the reasons I think the show is underrated. The violence and pulpiness is obvious and at the forefront. But just behind that are a lot of interesting character dynamics and cinematography.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:43 PM   #121
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Sutter said he has been wanting to do that scene for three years so its not a political statement about recent school shootings. The critics should do their homework before they judge.

Its a show about a business that deals in weapons. One was bound to get on the hands of a kid eventually. It wasnt gratuitous so much as inevitable.

Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #122
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

Even if Sutter was using the Newtown shooting as a basis for that scene, so what? It's an important issue in this country and brings a real hot button topic in to elevate the gravity of the situation. It's going to test the viewers emotions and make us re-think who we should really be rooting for here.

It's what separates the good TV shows from the great TV shows.

#saveWontkinsMom
Old 09-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #123
James
Built from Lego

Geez, this episode was jam-packed! So much going on.

Being drowned in pee is a bad way to go. Mind you, if anyone deserved it, it was that guy.

Lego Fun

Find me on the Rockstar Social Club: ThunderGuns

Last edited by James; 09-12-2013 at 08:36 AM.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:57 PM   #124
Asgard
Kanga Fu

At first I was like, why the hell is there a kid shooting up a friggin school?!

And then I remembered the tec 9 the kid used is most likely one of SOA's stock and I was like, looks like another **** storm for the club if the police can connect the gun to the club.

Toric was high as **** at the end there.

I wonder if the beef with Juice and Chibs is settled. It seemed like it with Chibs treating the wounds. I feel like by the end of the season or maybe series, Juice is going to fully redeem himself by dying for the club.

Tig has definitely gone off the deep end. I think he's just one step away from going completely insane. I was mortified at the thought that he was going to rape that Iranian dude's corpse, but thankfully he just pissed all over it. Good deal.

Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:16 AM   #125
georgec
Not a hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
At first I was like, why the hell is there a kid shooting up a friggin school?!

And then I remembered the tec 9 the kid used is most likely one of SOA's stock and I was like, looks like another **** storm for the club if the police can connect the gun to the club.
The promo for next week gives a decent idea of the fallout that's going to happen.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
Tig has definitely gone off the deep end. I think he's just one step away from going completely insane. I was mortified at the thought that he was going to rape that Iranian dude's corpse, but thankfully he just pissed all over it. Good deal.
Same thought crossed my mind. With Tig, you just never know what he's capable of...

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
georgec is online now   Reply With Quote