Straight Edge

Default Re: WiiU - Part 2

thanks!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 10-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #302
jacobed
Banned User

yeah its digital copy only but it only takes up 2 gigs and the gamepad is pretty nice with the gold borders. also comes with a digital version of that Zelda book hyrule hysteria. I for one love the digital copies especially with the wii because they're all right there on the front of the home page. Easy to access, and perfect for my lazy ass, really love it. Can play Wind Waker, Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 without getting off of the couch.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #303
Matt Mortem
Mr. Tusk

I added a 75 gb hard drive to mine. Pretty cool. Pretty cool

Old 10-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #304
zenith16
Side-Kick

source:GI

Old 10-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #305
Tron Bonne
NEW CHALLENGER

They might as well have ended it earlier, they were barely releasing anything for it as is. I think it was a big mistake how quickly they abandoned the Wii. Obviously, you want to focus on your current system, but with as big a success as the Wii was, seems a no brainer to keep it at least on life support like Sony did with the PS2 for many years after the PS3 was out.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #306
Tron Bonne
NEW CHALLENGER

Looks like that NSMBU + Luigi U wasn't just a bundle for Christmas, it's becoming standard:

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=40761

Quote:
Nintendo is launching a new Wii U Deluxe Set that puts the focus on value, and highlights the two biggest names in video games: Mario and his brother, Luigi. Available in stores on Nov. 1, the Wii U Deluxe model will come with two games – New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U – all on one disc. The new configuration will sell at the low suggested retail price of $299.99, and replaces the existing Wii U Deluxe Set, which included Nintendo Land. For fans who want to experience the uproarious fun of Nintendo Land, the game can still be purchased separately in stores and as a download in the Nintendo eShop at a new low suggested retail price of $29.99, also beginning Nov. 1.

The beautiful, limited-edition Wii U Deluxe bundle that comes with a download code for The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, a gorgeous GamePad controller adorned with art inspired by The Legend of Zelda series and a download code for a digital copy of Hyrule Historia is also still available at a suggested retail price of $299.99 while supplies last.

"Mario and Luigi are two of the biggest heroes in video games," said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. "This new Wii U configuration gives people instant access to not one, but two of the most well-received Wii U games. It's another example of the tremendous value and variety that Nintendo is offering consumers this holiday season."

New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U are two of the best games on Wii U. The games offer players two separate platforming adventures – one starring Mario and one starring Luigi – each filled with dozens of creative levels. Both Mario and Luigi control differently, giving each game a distinct feel and challenge. Both games showcase the refreshing originality and game play that can only be found on Nintendo systems.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #307
zenith16
Side-Kick

New Nintendo eShop releases: Assassin's Creed 4, Sonic, Phoenix Wright, Batman

(8 hours ago)

Yar, thar be plenty of AAA releases on the Nintendo eShop this week. The Wii U picks up Batman: Arkham Origins tomorrow, and both Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag and Sonic: Lost World on Tuesday, October 29.

Meanwhile, Phoenix Wright makes his 3DS debut today with the eShop exclusive Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies. The Dark Knight and the Blue Blur also stop by the 3DS, with Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate swooping in tomorrow and Sonic: Lost World dropping on Tuesday. Joining Phoenix and Sonic will be the WayForward developed Regular Show: Mordecai & Rigby in 8-Bit Land. Continue Reading

source: JoyStiq & GI

Last edited by zenith16; 10-30-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:53 PM   #308
zenith16
Side-Kick

New Nintendo eShop releases: LEGO Marvel, Super Castlevania 4, Wii Fit U Trial Version, Milon's Secret Castle

(1 hour ago)

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

This week on the Nintendo eShop, it's all about slaying vampires or getting fit. That is to say we've got the Virtual Console release of Super Castlevania 4 and the Wii Fit U Trial Version (available tomorrow with a special discount). Now, if you can manage to slay a few vampires in real life, we imagine that would be pretty good exercise too, but sometimes you just have to settle for video games.

Further blurring the line between real life and video games, we have LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, the game based on the toys based on the comics. The game is now available on both 3DS and Wii U. Also, while it may not be on the level of Super Castlevania 4, the 3DS picks up the Virtual Console release of Milon's Secret Castle.

Finally, we've got a pair of eShop promotions. Starting tomorrow and running until November 7, you can snag Runner 2 for 33 percent off the usual price. And, from November 4 through November 11, you can get Shin Megami Tensei 4 for $10 off.
Continue Reading

source:Joystiq

Old 11-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #309
zenith16
Side-Kick

Nintendo announces holiday discounts, new Wii U bundles

(4 hours ago)

Just in time for Saint Nick to wedge himself down the world's chimneys, Nintendo has revealed a swath of discounts designed to tempt holiday shoppers toward the House That Mario Built.

Nintendo Land, the pack-in game attached to most launch-era Wii U consoles, has been reduced in price from $60 to $30. Wii Fit U on the other hand, receives no discount, but is now available as a free trial. Visit the Wii U eShop and you'll see the game (which is otherwise priced at $20) available for gratis download. Once you've pulled down the software, you then have one month to test the game and potentially shed some of that unsightly holiday weight.

In the realm of the new, Nintendo has also revealed Wii Remote Plus controllers which feature either Mario or Luigi themes, and come equipped with $40 price tags. These new controllers are available now.

Two bundles have also been revealed. The first features a $300 price tag and includes a Wii U Deluxe console alongside both New Super Mario Bros. U and its New Super Luigi U expansion. A Skylanders Swap Force bundle is slated to debut on November 15 at that same $300 price tag, only this one contains "a white Wii U Basic Set, a Skylanders Swap Force starter pack that includes three Skylanders figures, a Portal of Power, trading cards, Skylanders sticker sheets, a collector poster and a Nintendo Land game disc."

If neither of these packages convince you to buy a Wii U, there's also the previously revealed Wind Waker HD bundle, which includes a Legend of Zelda-themed Wii U Deluxe, as well as Wind Waker HD and a download voucher for Hyrule Historia, an in-depth examination of the franchise's lore. Continue Reading

Old 11-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #310
zenith16
Side-Kick

Wii U Games For Core Gamers Coming In 2014 Says Nintendo President. November 5, 2013 . 9:55am

Wii U games aimed at skilled gamers are being prepared for 2014, while this holiday season is meant to attract families, says Nintendo president Satoru Iwata.

Quote:

This year, Nintendo are releasing a number of mainstream games for the Wii U to help boost the system’s sales. These range from games like Super Mario 3D World to Wii Fit U and Wii Sports Club.

2014, however, will be when Nintendo release a number of Wii U titles for games aimed at enthusiast gamers.

Speaking to investors at a financial results Q&A, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata stated, “We have an offering of software for the end of this calendar year that encourages family fun at home. Nintendo is preparing a number of Wii U games for next year that greatly appeal to highly skilled users, but at the end of this calendar year, we have quite a few offerings that can be played by the whole family, dad and the kids, or grandparents and the kids.”

Iwata believes that this will allow Wii U to stand out this holiday as a system that appeals to a broader range of players than upcoming consoles like the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, which he feels are targeting a different audience at launch.

While not all of Nintendo’s titles for “highly-skilled” gamers have been announced, the company plans to release Bayonetta 2, Monolith Soft’s new RPG and other Wii U games targeted at enthusiast gamers in 2014. Also being in the works is Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, which is being developed by Atlus.
and
Nintendo To “Enrich” Virtual Console Lineup On 3DS And Wii U. November 5, 2013 . 10:53am

“I feel that we have not been able to take full advantage of our assets yet, so we would like to enrich our Virtual Console lineup,” Nintendo president Satoru Iwata recently said to investors and analysts.

Quote:

Speaking with regard to Nintendo’s digital sales business, company president Satoru Iwata says that the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U Virtual Console services will play an important role in expanding digital sales.

“While Wii U and Nintendo 3DS already offer Virtual Console software, I feel that we have not been able to take full advantage of our assets yet, so we would like to enrich our Virtual Console lineup,” Iwata said to investors and analysts.

“As the ability to digitally offer our products has given us greater flexibility in offering new propositions to our consumers, we should naturally consider these possibilities in the future.”

In response to a question, Iwata then went on to say that, at the moment, Nintendo feel it isn’t in their best interests to offer their games on other platforms such as smartphones, as they would rather increase the value of their own hardware with first-party games made exclusively for it.

source:Siliconera

Last edited by zenith16; 11-05-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:45 PM   #311
Tron Bonne
NEW CHALLENGER

They do need to work on those VCs

Quote:
Old 11-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #312
zenith16
Side-Kick

Nintendo Sold More than 127,000 Systems in Japan Last Week

2 hours 7 minutes ago - Media Create Sales show a Nintendo had a strong sales week. Read More

source:IGN

Old 11-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #313
Tron Bonne
NEW CHALLENGER

That's a pretty solid number for Japan. The WW bundle seem to be giving the Wii U a decent, if not outstanding, bump.

Quote:
Old 11-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #314
zenith16
Side-Kick

GT Countdown

Top 10 Ways Nintendo Can Step It Up

The Wii U and 3DS have some amazing titles this Holiday, but what else can Nintendo do to compete with next-gen?
Views: 4,518 | Posted: 11/08/2013

source:GT

Old 11-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #315
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

When that next Zelda comes out, I mean the real next Zelda....that will be game point.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:16 PM   #316
SlackBrian
Party Gorn

So, I just purchased the Wii U bundle with New Super Mario Bros. U and the Luigi DLC, so I'm looking for recommendations. After those games, what should I be looking at for my first official Wii U game purchase? I've been looking at Wind Waker HD, but I already owned that for the Gamecube. While I expect the HD remake is great, I'm looking for something new. My gut feeling is leaning towards the Scribblenauts DC game, but I'm definitely open to suggestions. Any input would be appreciated.

Twitter: SlackBrian
Old 11-12-2013, 09:20 AM   #317
Matt Mortem
Mr. Tusk

Pikmin 3 is a pretty solid title. The Wonderful 101 isn't too bad either.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #318
Tron Bonne
NEW CHALLENGER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackBrian View Post
So, I just purchased the Wii U bundle with New Super Mario Bros. U and the Luigi DLC, so I'm looking for recommendations. After those games, what should I be looking at for my first official Wii U game purchase? I've been looking at Wind Waker HD, but I already owned that for the Gamecube. While I expect the HD remake is great, I'm looking for something new. My gut feeling is leaning towards the Scribblenauts DC game, but I'm definitely open to suggestions. Any input would be appreciated.
The Wonderful 101 is probably the best game on the system, but it's definitely got a lot of old school design, very much an action game in the vein of DMC or Bayonetta. And it has quite a learning curve. So, if you're not into that, you may not like it.

Besides that, it depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for a good party game, I recommend getting a copy of Nintendoland. ZombiU seems to be a great survival horror game (even if the controls are said to be wonky). Super Mario World 3D World is right around the corner, too, so you may want to wait out a few weeks and get that.

Quote:
Old 11-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #319
SlackBrian
Party Gorn

Thanks for the suggestions. I was looking at Super Mario 3D World, so that's definitely on the list. I'm thinking I'll start out with Scribblenauts Unmasked and The Wonderful 101, or Lego City Undercover. How are the multiplatform games? Like Assassin's Creed 4 and the like? I was wondering how an open world game like that would utilize the gamepad.

Twitter: SlackBrian
Old 11-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #320
Tron Bonne
NEW CHALLENGER

ACIV seems to have a pretty good port on the U from what I've been reading. Not sure how it utilizes the Gamepad, but I do believe it has Off TV play. But as far as others, it's pretty mixed; the U doesn't have great 3rd party support, and the big recent releases have some things cut out. For instance, Ghosts probably won't get DLC, and Arkham Origins had the online part removed (though it's $10 less than other versions).

Quote:
Old 11-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #321
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackBrian View Post
You should also pick up Rayman legends for now it works best on the Wii U compared with the other consoles. Well till the ps4 and XB one come out. There's Lego marvel heroes and Lego city under cover. And you might want to look into deus ex human revolutions director's cut you can wait til it's cheaper or not. That's up to you. But look into it.

Last edited by zenith16; 11-12-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #322
Tron Bonne
NEW CHALLENGER

And...And you can have a Mario and Luigi hat in the U version of that.

I mean...yeah.

Quote:
Old 11-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #323
zenith16
Side-Kick

Upcoming Nintendo 3DS, Wii U system update will combine eShop account balances [Update]

(6 hours ago)

As part of a system update set for release next month in North America and Europe, Nintendo announced that users will be able to share account balances between the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U using a unified Nintendo Network ID.

Nintendo revealed that players will have the option of combining funds from the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U eShops, and will be able to purchase content from either device using shared funding. The new functionality requires a Nintendo Network ID, which is not currently required for eShop purchases on the the Nintendo 3DS.

Nintendo additionally notes that players will need to create or link a Nintendo Network ID with the Nintendo 3DS in order to download free software and demos from the portable's eShop following the release of the next system update. Paid software will not require a Nintendo Network ID.

[Update: Nintendo of America announced that next month's system update will also add Miiverse support for the Nintendo 3DS.]

[Update 2: Nintendo has detailed the Nintendo Network ID account migration process, warning that only one NNID may be associated with a Nintendo 3DS system. In addition, a single account cannot be duplicated across multiple 3DS systems. If a new NNID is associated with a Nintendo 3DS system, players will be unable to combine balances with an existing Wii U eShop account.]

Old 11-14-2013, 10:24 AM   #324
The Bruce
The First and Best

If I buy a digital game on my console and the system dies what happens? Can I buy a new one log into my Nintendo Id and get my games?

Old 11-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #325
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

How does it work with the other consoles?

Closed Thread