Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 08:58 PM   #451
zenith16
Side-Kick

Default Re: WiiU - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
To go with a horrible online structure and comparably weaker console.
I wouldn't truly say it's weaker. but seeing how with that saying has been pushed of late and people being disappointed by what's come with all that talk on the ps4 and Xbone . .... that doesn't hold too much meaning. nothing has come out to make that point overly valid in the I'm speechlessly blown away of thing's. Dead risin is good and fun but talking about horse power as I see some people use in the comment's sections of these articles has be come a bit over blown and half them don't really know what they are talking about besides prettier graphic's.

But since other's are using that a s point to dump on it all too often . this why I wonder into Wii U 2.0 territory. Which others don't like it when I head there. but if it was there on par with the other two consoles in power at least people won't be using that as a point/ Excuse to dump on it for. and I say don't let those people have the chance to make that claim.

As I said a few pages back there are clerks in place's like EB games that use it as point to turn others/customer's way that are asking them about if it's worth the buy. and those people listen to them.

And it's the reason they choose not to buy it. which I saw first hand. anyway I already said the details of that and ot into a serious discussion with that person doing so.

I can't say much on the Online I don't dislike it and have no issue with it. but don't have much to say on that right now ether.

Last edited by zenith16; 01-17-2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:12 PM   #452
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
I wouldn't truly say it's weaker. but seeing how with that saying has been pushed of late and people being disappointed by what's come with all that talk on the ps4 and Xbone . .... that doesn't hold too much meaning. nothin has come out to make that point overly valid. dead risin is ood and fun but talking about horse power as I see some use in the comment's sections has be come a bit over blown and half them don't really know what they are talking about be side prettier graphic's
It is weaker. Much weaker. There is no denying that. The WiiU has more in common with the 360 and PS3 then the new two newer systems.

Quote:
But since other are using that a s point to dump on it. this why I wonder into Wii U 2.0 territory. which others don't like it when I head there. but if it was there at least people won't be usin that as a point/ Excuse to dump on it for. as I said in that post. as I said a few pages back there are clerks in place's like EB games that use it as point to turn others/customer's way that are asking them about if it's worth the buy.
WiiU 2.0 doesn't work as a concept. All it will do is alienate people.

Quote:
And it's the reason they choose not to buy it. which I saw first hand. anyway I already said the details of that.

I can't say much on line I don't dislike it and have no issue with it. but don't have much to say on that right now ether.
On the online front, the WiiU is paying the price for the Wii. While Microsoft and Sony became the place to play the games that matter every year, cultivating large online fanbases during the 360 and PS3 days, the Wii alienated such players.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:17 PM   #453
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

The wii was an amazing success and clear winner of its generation but PS3 and 360 built better foundations for the future of their line of consoles. They are carrying over or improving a strong online infrastructure and community.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:21 PM   #454
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
It is weaker. Much weaker. There is no denying that. The WiiU has more in common with the 360 and PS3 then the new two newer systems.

no it's not the clerk admitted it when I got into that talk with him that the wiiu is more powerful then those 2.

Quote:

WiiU 2.0 doesn't work as a concept. All it will do is alienate people.
yet it's the same thing you'll find most of those posters in comments sections of articles saying that if it was on par with the other systems those that are dumping on it including that clerk I had that conversation with, say they would buy the system for.

Other wise this a none win situation now isn't it? yeah people will be alienated but again there those that made sure to buy the ps3 slim and Xbox lite with out question.

and they're the same people or half ot them at least dumping on the wii u and bought those with out question. yeah I'm saying wii u 2.0 but I'm saying not to make it as Expensive as those while that's done.

lot's of stuff odd in my opinion from those dumping on it. while those that might be alienated in my opinion should keep what they have already and not worry about a 2.0 version if that ever happened.

This is about shutting up that crowd up that want it on par with those systems. Ok you have what you want, what's your excuse now.

Quote:

On the online front, the WiiU is paying the price for the Wii. While Microsoft and Sony became the place to play the games that matter every year, cultivating large online fanbases during the 360 and PS3 days, the Wii alienated such players.
yeah it is payin the price . but I also said why I have nothing to say on that right now.

Last edited by zenith16; 01-18-2014 at 12:02 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:22 PM   #455
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
The wii was an amazing success and clear winner of its generation but PS3 and 360 built better foundations for the future of their line of consoles. They are carrying over or improving a strong online infrastructure and community.
The problem was the Wii wasn't consider one of the major consoles. It was something a lot of people got, used for parties and to entertain the kids, but little else.I went months without touching my Wii.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:27 PM   #456
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
no it's not the clerk admitted it when I got into that talk with him that the wiiu is more powerful then those 2.
The WiiU is a little more powerful then the 360 and PS4. Nearly decade old hardware.

The X-box One and PS4 crush it.

Quote:
yet it's the same thin you most of those posters saying that if it was on par with the other systems those that are dumping on it including that clerk I had that conversation with say they buy the system for. other wise this a none win situation now isn't is. yeah people will be alienated but again there those that made sure to buy the ps3 slim and Xbox lite with out question. and they're the same people dumping on the wii u and bought those with out question. yeah I'm saying wii u 2.0 but I'm saying make it as Expensive as those while that done. lot's of stuff odd in my opinion from those dumping on it. while those that might be alienated in my opinion should keep what they have already and not worry about a 2.0 version.

This is about shutting up that crowd that want it on par. ok you have what you want what's your excuse now.
Fine, you go tell the developers and tell them you are going to do that. That they are going to have to reset and start working on a new console three years after the original release.

You also figure out how to make the WiiU 2.0 and stop the production of the WiiU at the same time.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:29 PM   #457
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
The problem was the Wii wasn't consider one of the major consoles. It was something a lot of people got, used for parties and to entertain the kids, but little else.I went months without touching my Wii.
there was also for fitness and medical health reasons too like memory and the elderly and more than just those there. All of which you can find in Abc and Nbc evening news on their websites. it was used as system for fun which is what it was intended for and used for more in a more helpful sense/ manner.

Quote:
The WiiU is a little more powerful then the 360 and PS4. Nearly decade old hardware.

which is also why this is annoying, "it's about the power" and "yet it's not" pick one already. this is what I'm telling these people. Also not much is coming on the games front with those other systems being bragged about on horse power to say that it's overly mind blowing and this shows the power of those systems , that are supposed to be blowing o the Wii u away.

Some look pretty but is that really showing the horse power of what the games can be with the consoles?.

they still have yet to show us all what these thing's can potentially be with them. Alot has to be shown to show what the power systems being bragged about is worth it all. And not every game made will be that way for them as we are seeing now and some will be that way too in the future.

Quote:
Fine, you go tell the developers and tell them you are going to do that. That they are going to have to reset and start working on a new console three years after the original release.

You also figure out how to make the WiiU 2.0 and stop the production of the WiiU at the same time.
And why would they have to stop production of the former if a 2.0 was started ? this is my issue with this. those others didn't do that with the other systems with the slim from Sony and the lite with micro soft Xbox and it took a while before doing so.

Nore did every one rush to pick those up ether the second they came on the market ether. people from the public picked them up when they were ready to do so.

when I say sell like them those two systems there's a reason I using that word literally.

Last edited by zenith16; 01-17-2014 at 11:46 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:52 PM   #458
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:

and why would they have to stop production of the former ? this my issue with this. they didn't do that with the other systems with the slim from sony and lite with micro soft and it took a while before doing so.
That is completely different. The hardware didn't change. They got more efficient, better cooling, but the system hardware didn't fundamentally change. They older versions of the system played the exact same games.

What you are suggesting is a hardware change, that would kill the functionally of the WiiU 3 years after its release.

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 01-17-2014 at 10:01 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:01 PM   #459
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
That is completely different. The hardware didn't change. They got more efficient, better cooling, but the system hardware didn't fundamentally change. They older versions of the system played the exact same games.

What you are suggesting is a hardware change.
True. But this is what the people that are dumping on it are saying they want from Nintendo and are persuading other not to buy the system for that reason. they shouldn't in rush to pick that up if it happened.

those that have bought the WiiU are content as they say with it. it's those that say they want a system on par and convincing others that didn't fallow details about all that from launch and using this as a dumping point. those not worried about the power and are fun shouldn't worry about that and Nintendo has enough money to support and make that version I suggest

Again it's a you have what you want now you have no excuse.

Last edited by zenith16; 01-17-2014 at 11:23 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:01 PM   #460
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
which is also why this is annoying, "it's about the power" and "yet it's not" pick one already. this is what I'm telling these people. Also not much is coming on the games front with those other systems being bragged about on horse power to say that it's overly mind blowing and this shows the power of those systems , that are supposed to be blowing o the Wii u away.

Some look pretty but is that really showing the horse power of what the games can be with the consoles?.

they still have yet to show us all what these thing's can potentially be with them. Alot has to be shown to show what the power systems being bragged about is worth it all. And not every game made will be that way for them as we are seeing now and some will be that way too in the future.
You are so wrong, as these consoles have basically become PC. It isn't simply about being pretty, it is about being able to run the big releases. The power matters in that regard. If you can't run the console version of the mulitplatformers, you are doing something wrong.

Right now porting should be simple for all three. The PC version should be close enough to the X-box One and PS4 that porting shouldn't a chore. The WiiU is already going to be a challenge. If you can't run the yearly Assassin Creed, Call of Duty, Madden, FIFA, etc. That is going to be a problem and it will continue to be.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:04 PM   #461
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
You are so wrong, as these consoles have basically become PC. It isn't simply about being pretty, it is about being able to run the big releases. The power matters in that regard. If you can't run the console version of the mulitplatformers, you are doing something wrong.

Right now porting should be simple for all three. The PC version should be close enough to the X-box One and PS4 that porting shouldn't a chore. The WiiU is already going to be a challenge. If you can't run the yearly Assassin Creed, Call of Duty, Madden, FIFA, etc. That is going to be a problem and it will continue to be.

Exactly but half the people making the argument don't even think the ps4 and Xbone are on par with pc's as I found with arguing people even the the steam machine's comments.

(This is in place's like game infomer etc not on this here forum. which different from comments on article pages )

Alot of those people just see complaint from a dev like what happened with ign and they pounce . Alot of them don't know about these things. Also still those consoles still have yet to fully show what they should be able to do as I said.

Alot are still doing what they currently do or always have. The only thing that's new with these that's cool is MMO's are on these now.

yeah you and me and other on this forum may know better but half those others in random comments of articles and the people in stores selling and telling people what to buy do they fully under stand all this? not really.

To them it's horse power means pretty pictures. And they say horse power as if they are talking about car's in a race. But alot of them have no clue. yet looks what's happening all cause people are obsessed with horse power.

And just cause hey want a simple port cause it's easy seem to be making some dev's lazier to some degree too.

Last edited by zenith16; 01-18-2014 at 12:42 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:06 PM   #462
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
true but this what the people that are dumpin on it are sayin they want from nintendo and are persuadin other not to buy the system for that reason. they shouldn't in rush to pick that up if it happened.

those that have bouht the wiiU are content as they say with it. it's those that say they want system on par and convincing others that didn't fallow details about from launch and usin is a dumping point. those not worried about the power and are fun shouldn't worry about that and nintendo has enough money to support and make that version I suggest

Again it's a you have what you want now you have no excuse.
What I want is all three. I love the X-box controller, X-box Live and Halo. I love the Nintendo and Sony exclusives.

And lets makes this clear. By making the WiiU 2.0 you would stop the functionally of the WiiU after just 3 years. You would be punishing everyone who bought one as they wouldn't be able to play the new games on their system. It would be an even bigger disaster.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:10 PM   #463
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
exactly but half the people making the argument don't even think the ps4 and Xbone are on par with pc's as I found with arguing people even the the steam machine's comments.
They aren't high end PCs. They are upper mid range PC that will be eclipsed very soon like the 360 and PS3 were. But they both lasted 8 and 7 years respectively. The turnaround will be quicker this time, probably 5 years, in which case we won't have to worry about the vast difference we got at the end of the last console cycle.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:16 PM   #464
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
What I want is all three. I love the X-box controller, X-box Live and Halo. I love the Nintendo and Sony exclusives.

And lets makes this clear. By making the WiiU 2.0 you would stop the functionally of the WiiU after just 3 years. You would be punishing everyone who bought one as they wouldn't be able to play the new games on their system. It would be an even bigger disaster.

meh they(console publiushers) always have deals with retailers to fix that. like a sell us your wii and it'll pay for half of what you want with the Wii U costs and i did say not to make the 2.0 as expensive as those systems from the start. on par yes but not atthe same cost. again people took their time with the slim and lite while others bought right way and yeah I'm aware of the details of what's under their hoods too.

but it shouldn't have to be only one way with things. maybe ... I'm just not saying what I need say right here.

Quote:
They aren't high end PCs. They are upper mid range PC that will be eclipsed very soon like the 360 and PS3 were. But they both lasted 8 and 7 years respectively. The turnaround will be quicker this time, probably 5 years, in which case we won't have to worry about the vast difference we got at the end of the last console cycle.
yeah I'm aware, but I'm not worried about that part.

Last edited by zenith16; 01-17-2014 at 10:28 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:28 PM   #465
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
meh they always have deals with retailers to fix that. like a sell us your wii and it'll pay for half of what you want with the WiiU costs and i did say not to make the 2.0 as expensive as those systems from the start. aain people took their time with the slim and lite and yeah I'm aware of the detail of what's under their hoods too.
This would never work. Far too many problems with such and exchange problem, otherwise you are asking the people to pay twice. Ridiculous.

And there is absolutely no correlation with the slim and the lite, so why keep bringing it up?

Quote:
yeah i'm aware, but I'm worried about that part.
But you are not worried about the obvious, more overarching WiiU problems? It is a clear bias.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:39 PM   #466
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
This would never work. Far too many problems with such and exchange problem, otherwise you are asking the people to pay twice. Ridiculous.

And there is absolutely no correlation with the slim and the lite, so why keep bringing it up?
Cause most people bought twice with those two as well. And that's why. They didn't question it. While some people were also smart to wait and have a deal where they sold their old ones for those two, (or were forced to cause their old one, was having issue's like the red ring for example) I'm talking about to the retailers . But there are indeed some people that have both as a collection.

Oh, and then there's the 2D's now with the 3ds still out on the market to the public. Of which there's two of those on the market for Nintendo.

so some people bought it twice as well, which the slim and the lite are basically the same thing of original in a smaller more efficient package. So is the same deal with Nintendo the 2D's when they are still selling the 3d's.

Is there some rule that you can only or should only do that if your doing well financially with a console? Cause at least with the latter with the 2d's it's a bit redundant, But I understood the reasons. But they still have a set of two different game boy versions already under their name. their not discontinuing the 3d's cause of 2ds. There's room for both.

Why does support for the first WiiU have to be cut off, if there's 2.0 since that's happening with the D's?

Quote:
But you are not worried about the obvious, more overarching WiiU problems? It is a clear bias.
Not at all. I'm just seeing what took place with the others as the same.(buying twice) As it's was that kind of the same deal only they weren't a over reached upgrades to be on par with the competition. or on par with pc's or low ends of that area, not where those company's console systems in trouble at with the slim and lite were made. or with 2'd when the 3d's was to still stay on the market as well.

They were an upgrade though. Better .stronger hard drives in smaller package and they didn't take up alot of room. Any way I'm ready to drop it. As of right it seems what I'm saying is I'm against the costumers/ buyers like my self and others, when they shouldn't even have to buy that again.

If people are content with what they have, And Nintendo should still support that one for those that bought those systems.

It's those that are dumping on the Wii U over horse power. That want it on par with the other systems and on par with the pc that are the issue . That's what I'm on here and the reason they are saying what they are saying.

I 'm asking the question if those people have the Wii U on par with the other two systems, (to them) Do you have a reason to dump on it now? Now that you have it the way you want it?

It's for those that keep screaming about the horse power. Those that are content are in a better place where the Wii U currently is.

people like this
Quote:

by Vancleff Saturday, January, 18, 2014 at 12:20
So we pose the question to you, the readers, what does Nintendo need to do to convince you to buy a Wii U?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They have two choice 1- need to remake the Wiiu to match the power of PS4 and XBox1
2- or drop the price a 199.99 to match PS3 and XBox 360.
source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ex=14#comments

as to what was said on the 3d's sale being lower then expected

Microsoft Claims Top U.S. December Hardware Sales On Both Generations, But 3DS Wins Overall

News

on Jan 16, 2014 at 06:05 PM 10,361 Views

Larry Hryb a.k.a. Major Nelson boasts numbers for both the Xbox One and Xbox 360.
... More

source:GI

Nintendo will be fine there but it's time to start focusing on the troubled area which is the Wii u if the other area is doing fine.

Last edited by zenith16; 01-18-2014 at 03:04 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:48 AM   #467
Soapy
It's happening again...

Nintendo Sees Loss on Dismal Wii U Sales

Some interesting quotes from Iwata.

Old 01-18-2014, 04:58 AM   #468
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:

A WiiU 2.0? Man that reeks of what happened with Sega and the Saturn to Dreamcast. If the hardware manufacturer doesn't have confidence in their product, why should anyone else? Unfortunately Nintendo did this to themselves

Old 01-18-2014, 12:30 PM   #469
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

There isn't going to be a Wii U 2.0. It's just not going to happen. Nintendo is going to do exactly what they did with the Gamecube and simply ride it out. They may not turn around the Wii U, but like the GC it'll limp to a adequate, albeit limited, userbase while they go back to the drawing board.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:49 PM   #470
zenith16
Side-Kick

yeah but that's assuming when I say Wii U 2.0 it has to be the immediate fix. (which it can't be now) I was saying down the road (like after it's generation is over and done with) prior the first few times I mentioned it. way before I my conversation with darth. and I did use the words down the road in that one in that part of the thread when did say that back then.

And also thinking that would be them headed back to the drawing board . Doing so no . I mean as we are talking at this very point in time now,,, no it is too late, far too late.

I have said also in the past for them to ride this out also as well in this thread. And just me saying Wii u 2.0 I never said it has to be now or that should literally be it's actual name. but I should have been more clear with that. too. I guess I become worn out having to explain my self.

But them heading the the drawing board?That I do see for sure .

and even though Nintendo misread the market slightly that's still doesn't change the fact, that other still fallowed them like what was put out on gamasutra and sony turned their portable device into copy cat version of the Wiiu pad. no differ from the time when the motion sticks/ nun chuck controller were copyed.

They're not too far off their rocker, if others are doing that and people are willing to buy that stuff.

They just should made a more powerful machine/console from the start. and not had put it out on the market so early until they were ready with a sufficient amount of games and way better marketing/ advertising then Nintendo direct channel. fine have that channel but make sure all you base's are covered there for those people that don't search for info on this stuff til the last minute. have that in their face's in the mean time when their not search they they'll remember oh yeah there was that thing some time ago.

Last edited by zenith16; 01-18-2014 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:09 PM   #471
Doc Ock
1951-2014

This news regarding the Wii U is troubling as I was considering getting the Zelda Wii U bundle and a 3DS. I will still get a 3DS for sure but I keep going back and forth on if I should get a Wii U.

Old 01-18-2014, 02:55 PM   #472
Rodrigo90
Smartest Guy In The Room

I chose the Wii U over the PS4 this Christmas and I really don't regret it.
It's a fantastic experience. Sure, it's struggling, it's not as powerful as blah blah.

But the important thing is, it's a fun console.

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Old 01-18-2014, 03:32 PM   #473
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Frankly, the Wii U needs a total overhaul. However, unless Nintendo gets the right mentality into what the video game industry has evolved into, they shouldn't even bother because the results will be the same.

Old 01-18-2014, 03:58 PM   #474
Benstamania
Shot first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
Frankly, the Wii U needs a total overhaul. However, unless Nintendo gets the right mentality into what the video game industry has evolved into, they shouldn't even bother because the results will be the same.
This. Nintendo needs to wake up and understand that it's not 1990 anymore. Also, I heard over the Twitter (well.. I guess seen is the better word) that Nintendo could be dropping software price in attempt to make up for the dismal hardware sales.

Revelation 22:20
Old 01-18-2014, 04:17 PM   #475
zenith16
Side-Kick

Not sure about that Bens Nintendo in the 90's seems to be smarter then the Nintendo we have currently in the 2000's. they pay attention to the world around them back then.

I was thinking this when I went out to buy lunch and just saw you mention this now after I came back. But I'm sure they were smarter back then.

They need another price cut on the console though I'm sure they 'll be reluctant, but they might have to next to that with the games if they are thinking about that . and to start doing for it what they did for the 3d's . No more playing fav's with your kid's by putting too much focus on the best performing one. it's doing fine . if you have more then one kid you better take care of them all. playing fav's like playing attention only to one makes you a bad parent. So to speak.

Here's what new

Castlevania II: Simon's Quest Now Available On The Wii U Virtual Console

News
on Jan 18, 2014 at 01:25 PM

Castlevania is a series that has experimented with its formula trying out genres as diverse as puzzle and fighting games, but the NES sequel, Castelvania II: Simon's Quest, is still considered the series oddball. It is now available on Wii U's Virtual Console.
... More

source: GI

Last edited by zenith16; 01-18-2014 at 04:50 PM.
Closed Thread