The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 06:58 PM   #501
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Default Re: WiiU - Part 2

I see plenty of commercials for games like Creed, which was on the system. No one bought it for the WiiU though. Guess why.

Old 01-19-2014, 07:04 PM   #502
zenith16
Side-Kick

really? yeah there's Assasins creed but where's the one that was for Deus Ex director's cut and the rest. And that was still only recently at the middle of last year when fall and winter came about after they did that with Ray man legends.

But before all that there was a void on what was shown with commercials for that system. oh yeah there's tons of commercial's on normal channels like NBC and ABC and CBS the various cartoon channels that don't have gamer news shows on them. Not. And that's the sad part of it.

Last edited by zenith16; 01-19-2014 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:11 PM   #503
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

What is a problem is no one is going to buy Call of Duty, Assassin Creed, Watch Dogs, etc. on the WiiU. There is no association.

And I highly doubt we will see GTA there.

Old 01-19-2014, 07:15 PM   #504
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
What is a problem is no one is going to buy Call of Duty, Assassin Creed, Watch Dogs, etc. on the WiiU. There is no association.

And I highly doubt we will see GTA there.
from what I under stood there are some that bought call of duty on it. I don't know the number. but I have seen some people admit to liking what they played on it from there.

Watch Dogs isn't out yet we'll have to see how it performs . I Don't think Assassin's creed did that bad on it. so right I'm staying quiet on it for now.

GTA that might be like how kojima didn't put a certain MGS on the 360 cause it didn't have blue ray disc. which he loves and there didn't have to be multiple disc's used cause of the way that disc works . it'll be a while. before we see ether with the Wii U if ever. and some people may of made up their minds on what systems they will alway play those two on. and I don't think a Nintendo system will ever be on the list.

Last edited by zenith16; 01-19-2014 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:16 PM   #505
Rodrigo90
Bat Smiles

I bought AC for the Wii U lol

And I will buy WD for it

Old 01-19-2014, 07:25 PM   #506
zenith16
Side-Kick

Don't worry I'm a ware people bought acbF as I said I don't know the sale's numbers as to how many. and it;s most likely it didn't too overly bad. but I'm staying quiet. But I know people are enjoying it those that did buy it . And I'm one of them. my friend bought it for another system he seems to like the Wii u version as well .

Last edited by zenith16; 01-19-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:43 PM   #507
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

These aren't the most accurate numbers, but they are good in terms of ball park, and the WiiU is easily by far the lowest.
Black Flag
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/71599/a...iv-black-flag/

One
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/71598/a...iv-black-flag/

PS3
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/71597/a...iv-black-flag/

PS4
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/71596/a...iv-black-flag/

PC
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/71749/a...iv-black-flag/

WiiU
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/71748/a...iv-black-flag/

Ghost
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/71508/call-of-duty-ghosts/

X-box One
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/72087/call-of-duty-ghosts/

PS3
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/71507/call-of-duty-ghosts/

PS4
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/72126/call-of-duty-ghosts/

PC
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/71506/call-of-duty-ghosts/

WiiU
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/71505/call-of-duty-ghosts/

It is not even close really.

It is the same for Arkham Origins.

Old 01-19-2014, 07:47 PM   #508
zenith16
Side-Kick

yeah but the latest call of duty didn't do as well as the ones prior to it. Nor did a alot of others the past year. Alot 's down. And even so I stated it wasn't high gonna be high on the wii u And some of that was for various reasons as I stated.

I didn't saying they'd be high.

People bought Arkham origins for the system's they wanted cause they made up their minds to do so as soon as it was announced. and the the cleanest versions were on the Wii u and pc. due to bug's and issues that turned alot of people off from that game. that latter one people just weren't happy with it. With a few exceptions.

Last edited by zenith16; 01-19-2014 at 07:54 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:56 PM   #509
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
yeah but the latest call of duty didn't do as well as the ones prior to it. Nor did a alot of others the past year. Alot 's down. And even so I stated it wasn't high gonna be high on the wii u And some of that was for various reasons as I stated.

I didn't saying they'd be high.

People bought Arkham origins for the system's they wanted cause they made up their minds to do so as soon as it was announced. and the the cleanest versions were on the Wii u and pc. due to bug's and issues that turned alot of people off from that game.
What is your point here? The situation is still the same. Every other platform outsold the WiiU versions, which couldn't muster 150,000 units for any of the titles. How does what you wrote change that?

Old 01-19-2014, 07:59 PM   #510
zenith16
Side-Kick

My point is that part doesn't matter any more since alot of people chose to send that one back to stores cause of the bug's and issues it may have out sold initially on those other systems but that's also become meaning less too. it's only small half the kept it.

Last edited by zenith16; 01-19-2014 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:03 PM   #511
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
my point is that part doesn't matter since alot of people chose to send that one back to stores cause of the bug's and issues it may have out sold initially on those other systems but that's also become meaning less too. it's only small half the kept it.
That doesn't matter in terms of sales at all. They still sold that amount. And that is the point, more people, even with the newer XBO and PS4 bought the game for those systems much more then for the WiiU.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:05 PM   #512
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
That doesn't matter in terms of sales at all. They still sold that amount. And that is the point, more people, even with the newer XBO and PS4 bought the game for those systems much more then for the WiiU.
And I as said prior to that I was never truly arguing that the Wii U was selling high with those including arkham origins and that's due to various reasons.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:10 PM   #513
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
And I as said prior to that I was never truly arguing that the Wii U was selling high with those including arkham origins and that's due to various reasons.
What reasons? Because as I pointed out, no one associates those games with the WiiU, and then you tried to change the argument again.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:12 PM   #514
zenith16
Side-Kick

I did not. and the verious reason's are lack of promotion & and advertizement of others like Deus Ex: HR and the fact that most people that play on the Nintendo console only want to play stuff like Mario, zelda cause they are overly picky now or they feel they have been burnt by every one else that isn't owned by them(Nintendo) like what happened with zombi U prior to this. You just don't want to hear it right now. and we're arguing in circles cause of it. and it's derailed.

Last edited by zenith16; 01-19-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:29 PM   #515
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Read your argument. It all boils down to what I said. They don't associate those games with the WiiU/Nintendo brand.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:35 PM   #516
zenith16
Side-Kick

More like they don't trust them. your saying it's about the brand. I've seen others say it was cause some of those games weren't good and they chose not to buy them or trust them ever again. some of it is about quality as well.

Last edited by zenith16; 01-19-2014 at 08:38 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:46 PM   #517
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
More like they don't trust them. your saying it's about the brand. I've seen others say it was cause some of those games weren't good and they chose not to buy them or trust them ever again. some of it is about quality as well.
But yet they sell insanely well on the other consoles. Do you not see the disconnect?

Those that buy those games reliably, aka the highest selling group of gamers, either don't own a WiiU or don't buy those games for the WiiU. Hence why there are only 5mil WiiUs sold, with software that isn't shifting nearly as well as the other systems.

That is the entire point. They can't get killer third party games to sell, how are they going to get lesser known, lesser cared about 3rd party games to sell on the system? Do you really think a little increase in the marketing is going to be able to fix that?

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 01-19-2014 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:52 PM   #518
zenith16
Side-Kick

yeah I do cause people will know it's there and people will look into it to see if each system if it's actually a good game, if they are interested. if's it's bad they 'll write if off per usual like what happened with zombi U (I liked it but it seem's I'm in the minority there) if it's good they will pick it up like ray man legends which it was best on that system of all of them.

If it's mixed people will try and find about it them selves and still make up their minds if to try it on the system. but they'll know it's there. half the time those others ask "it was on the Wii U?"

I'm talking about those that don't look on the web often for it though or try keep up with what is coming out. those are ones that do and ask that question. . Advertizing more some times does help for those that aren't looking at the current time. but when they do (are lookin for some thin like that) at least they remember there was something on that system and if it's actually good , all the better.

And I'm kinda tired of arguing cause right now I don't really know how I got into one with ya. We're wasting space .

Last edited by zenith16; 01-19-2014 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:11 PM   #519
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

You do know that Ray Man Legends hasn't sold over 100,000 copies combined, and has sold best for the PS3 right?

And if those games are bad, why are so many buying them? CoD is down, and yet has sold over 17 million copies.

Old 01-19-2014, 09:17 PM   #520
Tron Bonne
Diane, I'm Coming Back

Quote:
Look at all those non-Nintendo games selling like hotcakes... oh wait.
He was specifically asking about Nintendo software.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:19 PM   #521
zenith16
Side-Kick

I said Ray man legends is best on the system of the Wii U game play wise. I didn't say sold better.

And cod's bought out of habit. it's the same reason were in a slight( it's more then that actually ) mess with capcom and the latter half of the Resident evil series cause people bought out of habit.

your on the sales part with that and your pulling me in there about sales. which I'm not talking about for now when I mentioned ray man. . This is why we're arguing in circles. and I'm trying end it now . No it's time to drop it I'd rather be on something else with the others then have an none ending argument. I hate those. And it's derailing alot now.

Last edited by zenith16; 01-19-2014 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:12 PM   #522
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Call of Duty Ghosts has right now about 18.5M in sales being on the market for just 2 months. Black Ops from the previous year has about 24.5M being out over a year. Ghosts is well on its way to selling just as well by the time the next one comes out as the CoD games always remain on the NPD's top selling list months after release. That doesn't even account for the digital sales, especially people taking advantage of the upgrade program. I really don't think its fair to just compare 2 months of sales and say its not selling as well as the previous title. Regardless of what its final numbers are, his point is still valid in that the Wii U's numbers don't even register. You can completely remove them from the counts and it barely makes a difference

Quote:
My point is that part doesn't matter any more since alot of people chose to send that one back to stores cause of the bug's and issues it may have out sold initially on those other systems but that's also become meaning less too. it's only small half the kept it.
I don't know how things are in Canada but here in the US, you cant return opened videogames. If you bought a game and it has bugs, the only thing you can do is exchange it for a new copy, but whatever was sold, remains sold. I don't know of any retailer that accepts returns on videogames. Maybe some small mom and pop store, but definitely none of the major retailers whom are actually included in these counts

Last edited by Havok83; 01-19-2014 at 10:15 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:49 PM   #523
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Call of Duty Ghosts has right now about 18.5M in sales being on the market for just 2 months. Black Ops from the previous year has about 24.5M being out over a year. Ghosts is well on its way to selling just as well by the time the next one comes out as the CoD games always remain on the NPD's top selling list months after release. That doesn't even account for the digital sales, especially people taking advantage of the upgrade program. I really don't think its fair to just compare 2 months of sales and say its not selling as well as the previous title. Regardless of what its final numbers are, his point is still valid in that the Wii U's numbers don't even register. You can completely remove them from the counts and it barely makes a difference

My point was it was still a disappointing year for games which was last year. for Ubisoft with black list overall and assassin creed over all and others like CoD etc . that's what I meant with the post. Can they make up for that in the fallowing year? yes, it's possible. But it was indeed that, Which was last year was a disappointing year for them as far as they see initial sales as their most important in their minds.

Quote:

I don't know how things are in Canada but here in the US, you cant return opened videogames. If you bought a game and it has bugs, the only thing you can do is exchange it for a new copy, but whatever was sold, remains sold. I don't know of any retailer that accepts returns on videogames. Maybe some small mom and pop store, but definitely none of the major retailers whom are actually included in these counts
I'm sure you have the trade in system with games stop as we do with Eb games .

which is the same company. which has trade in's for games like the bad latter half of the tony hawk games series to buy another that has nothing do with that same series or genre.

which is what's been happening here. And yeah some mom an pop stores may do this, but I don't think I was thinking about them. All I know is some people have admitted to taking them back to the stores and managed to to do so.

I never fully went into the specific's you'll have to ask them(don't know how you'd find them up here ) or for the people that couldn't, but managed to give it away like this dude in the beginning of this (not the man with turban but he's at the beginning of this.)
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

That said he gave away Batman Arkham origins. and he didn't bother to finish it.

and now let this be finished. As I said I want's to be done with it.

Alright this is interesting

Stiq Figures, January 6 - 12: Nintendo wishlist edition

(57 minutes ago)

Welcome to Stiq Figures, where the sales data is after the break and the posts don't matter.
I think we've all seen the news by now - despite the 3DS being the best selling gaming device of 2013 and some genuinely great new games, Nintendo didn't have such a great year financially. Its $240 million loss prompted Nintendo President Satoru Iwata to admit that the company is "thinking about a new business sturcture," and it's clear that something about the company's strategy needs to change.

There's no shortage of armchair analysts on the internet though, so let's not strangle each other over directions we think Nintendo should go in to achieve financial success. Instead, let's make this about you. Maybe you haven't touched anything from Nintendo since the SNES, or maybe you're still enjoying Nintendo's modern output despite its rough patches. Whatever your relation is with the developer, I'm curious: What's the best possible move Nintendo could make that would cater specifically to you? Financials are irrelevant here - it's all about your dream move from Nintendo, the exact moves that would best serve your Nintendo wishlist.

For me, I would love it if Nintendo copied off Sony's homework and allowed me to play Virtual Console games on both my 3DS and Wii U with one purchase. Of course, that would mean sorting out the modern Virtual Console effort in the first place, and adding a GBA library. A new Metroid would be great, too - I went into Metroid Prime blind and unaware of the series, but Prime is an all-time favorite that I'll always be glad to return to. The biggest thing for me, though? As much as I love the established franchises, I'd be thrilled to see Nintendo put the same amount of effort they use for Zelda and Mario games into something legitimately new. I know they've experimented with new IPs on the eShop, but I mean something that could serve as an E3 presentation finale. Nintendo gets creative with their hardware and can reinvent established series, but I want to see what they'd make if they focused their strongest effort on a new cast of characters.

Maybe an E3 surprise will nail my biggest complaint, but if not I guess there's always Monolith's X. Tell me about your Nintendo wishlist in the comments, right after you check out this week's Japanese hardware sales after the jump! Continue Reading

Source:[Stock image: Raywoo on Shutterstock] Media Create

Last edited by zenith16; 01-19-2014 at 11:40 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:29 AM   #524
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Nintendo Has no Plans For 'Mario on Smartphones'
"The spread of smart devices does not spell the end of game consoles."
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/...on-smartphones

Old 01-20-2014, 01:49 PM   #525
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

They should at least have an official Pokedex app on both iOS and Android. The best Android one was shut down 3 years ago. Fortunately you can still get the apk file and install it.

Closed Thread