The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 08:56 AM   #601
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Default Re: WiiU - Part 2

They underestimated how much gamers these days want more than just "innovation" basically.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:01 AM   #602
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
I've gotten a good deal of use out of my Wii U and will in the future, so I say otherwise. So, what now? Dance off?
I think it is fair using your methodology to say knowing what is coming this and next year, it is well, well behind. And we know it is only going to get worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
it almost feels as if it already is when we keep hearing of big third party games announced for the next gen systems and PS3/360, yet omit the Wii U
Exactly. And going forward, as the games become more "next-gen" the gap is going to grow much, much bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
While I really want a Wii U, as a big gamer it wouldn't be enough for games if that's the only console I owned. Good thing I have several other consoles. But I think the first-party published or developed games are easily worth owning the system for. I don't know if it will get much worse, there seems to be alot of indie support for the Wii U. But in terms of AAA third-party titles....yeah...better off owning another console if that's what you want.
Quote:
In the end, it's just like the GC era. It comes down to how much you like Nintendo franchises. They'll be the odd 3rd party title to pop up, but how much you want and will enjoy a Wii U is based on just how much you like those franchises. If you don't care for them, or don't see them as worth owning a system, then you're not going to find value in it. But if you do, and you find yourself enjoying all the major Nintendo releases typical of a home console, it'll easily be worth it in the end when all the usual suspects get released. That's the simplicity of it, in the end.
The Nintendo staples are a big thing in my family. There are few things that are as fun to play with a lot of family then Smash Bros. and Mario Kart. Add Zelda and Mario, that is only four games and when they hit over the next 2 years, what is on the horizon?

I was on the "buy a Wii U" bandwagon for more then a bit, mainly because of Bayonetta, but with the recent developments I realized it won't be my first, and probably not even my second option.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:01 AM   #603
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
I do get the point of what you're saying, but I just chose not to look at things that way. I prefer to look at consoles in a isolated view in what they offer. While the third party drought on it's obvious, I don't hold that against the console. I've got a few games and have had a good time both with single player and multiplayer. Whether or not I plan to get a next gen isn't all that relevant to how I chose to use my Wii U.

To answer your question, I do plan to get a next gen system at some point, yeah. But I'm not in a big hurry. The only game I'm super interested in in the near future is MGSV, and I'll probably just wait until The Phantom Pain comes out to actually get Ground Zeroes anyway
Fair enough.

Other people can't tell you how much enjoyment/utility you're getting out of your own console. I've had people tell me I wasn't enjoying my PS3 at launch and now X1. Apparently they feel very sorry for me. I say if you feel sorry for me start a collection bucket rather than remind me how bad my life is.

I don't regret jumping in day one at all for this gen but there are few must have games for any console out at the moment. A good number of 7s & 8s out of 10 but nothing much more than that. In fact the Mario game is the one I'd want to play most out of every next gen game that's currently out.

Quote:
In the end, it's just like the GC era. It comes down to how much you like Nintendo franchises. They'll be the odd 3rd party title to pop up, but how much you want and will enjoy a Wii U is based on just how much you like those franchises. If you don't care for them, or don't see them as worth owning a system, then you're not going to find value in it. But if you do, and you find yourself enjoying all the major Nintendo releases typical of a home console, it'll easily be worth it in the end when all the usual suspects get released. That's the simplicity of it, in the end.
I would just like to point out that while I fully agree with your assessment of your own position on Nintendo consoles, there are others like me who are big lovers of Nintendo franchises and all other big games and don't look at the purchase as an isolated decision. For these kind of people the wii U now becomes a luxury item as it can play a lot less games than any of its competitors and even less so going forward. If someone with this viewpoint, unlike yours, can only afford one next gen console, they are being affected by the wii U's multiplatform failure. That's even if the Nintendo franchises are as great as always, and this wasn't the case with Nintendo consoles previous to the wii. I believe you are correct in looking at your own position and deciding that you're deriving enough value from your purchase but the discussion is also about the same value assessment from the point of view of others like me who may come to a different conclusion based on the multiplat issue.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:10 AM   #604
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

There is nothing on the Wii U that is next gen. That is kind of the problem.

Old 02-02-2014, 11:24 AM   #605
zenith16
Side-Kick

There's not much on the other system's yet that's overly next gen beside's graphic's ether. With The exception of dead rising 2 I think what was said in this video pod cast in the middle part @ 27:52
http://epdaily.tv/all/platform/gaming/xbox/episode-82/

on the issue of Nintendo was well addressed though "where Nintendo focus's their resources." which of late it's too much on the hard ware side. (Well from Vic anyway)

Last edited by zenith16; 02-02-2014 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:15 PM   #606
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

But we know it is coming. The Witcher 3 is coming, Titanfall is coming, The Order 1886 is coming, Infamous 3 is coming, The Division is coming, and they will keep on coming.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:18 PM   #607
zenith16
Side-Kick

well Until then it's not the case til they arrive. yeah they're coming.

But so far what's out there is oh look pretty graphic's. Again with the exception DR3 which brought more to the table then that.

Any way like what was by that podcast Nintendo needs to do is refocus and just concentrating on the hard ware of new ways to play games. pick up some new studio's have them done in house create new worlds and try to bring back the third later if they can. but all the other stuff has to happen first.

Last edited by zenith16; 02-02-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:25 PM   #608
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
well Until then it's not the case til they arrive. yeah they're comin but sofar what's out there is oh look pretty graphic's. aain with the exception DR3. any way like what was by that podcast nintendo needs to do is refocus and just consintrait on the hard ware of new ways to play games. pick up some new studio's have them done in house create new worlds and try to brin back the third later if they can. but all the other stuff has to happen first.
You don't invest in a system, especially at launch, for what they have at the time. You are thinking years down the line.

And they are always going to have trouble bringing in the third parties that matter when those third party developers are forced to make completely different games from what they can make for the PC, One and PS4. That is why you don't make a new system that has more in common with the last gen then the new one.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:29 PM   #609
zenith16
Side-Kick

Just stop arguing with me for a sec they are looking for solutions and that pod cast made a point alot people didn't mention on what Nintendo needs to refocus on. again from the dude that hasn't said some what's other have said ans was well you know he just used better words.

That's all I'm saying. and they have to make a better effort to make thing's work with those third partys but as I said that's the latter of what they need to do. there's a lot they need to do prior as a priority. and BTW they said make a system capable of doing what they need to do too.

Last edited by zenith16; 02-02-2014 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:32 PM   #610
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
just stop arguing with me for a sec they are looking for solutions and that pod cast made a point alot people didn't mention on what Nintendo needs to refocus on. that's all I'm saying. and they have to make a better effort to make thing's work with those third partys but as I said that's the latter of what they need to do. there's a lot the need to do prior as a priorty. and bTW they said make a system capable too.
Considering you were big on them not having all that many mistakes, and then they come out admitting they have made a crazy amount of mistakes, excuse me for not taking your argument for Nintendo too seriously.

And the point still stands. They are going to have a horrible time of doing that with the Wii U. And if they move on from the Wii U, that is a lot, I mean a lot of money throw right down the drain. The loses on the Wii U would be astronomical and they would be so far behind the other two consoles, they wouldn't be able to recover with the new console.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:35 PM   #611
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Considering you were big on them not having all that many mistakes, and then they come out admitting they have made a crazy amount of mistakes, excuse me for not taking your argument for Nintendo too seriously.

And the point still stands. They are going to have a horrible time of doing that with the Wii U. And if they move on from the Wii U, that is a lot, I mean a lot of money throw right down the drain. The loses on the Wii U would be astronomical and they would be so far behind the other two consoles, they wouldn't be able to recover with the new console.
it doesn't mean they shouldn't try ether. and BtW I never said they didn't make any mistakes they have and I have admitted to that atone of times in the wiiu thread. before you and me ever started have at it. the wiiu would have been fine if the games were more and on time for the system and half of them weren't short changed from those studio's and publishers though.

Last edited by zenith16; 02-02-2014 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:38 PM   #612
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
it doesn't mean they should try ether. and BtW I never said they didn't make any mistakes they have and I have ad\mitted to that atone of times in the wiiu thread. before you and me ever started have at it.
I didn't say you said they made no mistakes. My point is you have downplayed it, making it seem less then it is. Once they revealed that they need to make amends, you have been far more free, but of course have shifted to the "they are trying" stance. It isn't marketing, it is what they produce. What they get others to produce.

Your Wii U 2 suggestion is still bizarre to me.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:39 PM   #613
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
I didn't say you said they made no mistakes. My point is you have downplayed it, making it seem less then it is. Once they revealed that they need to make amends, you have been far more free, but of course have shifted to the "they are trying" stance.

Your Wii U 2 suggestion is still bizarre to me.
Down playing is pretty much the same thing and I don't think I really went there. it's as if I was saying they did no wrong and if I went to the point of saying a Wiiu 2 that would mean the opposite of down playing them ever making a mistake. Also of which I always said before you ever came "later down the road" and not a immediate fix. also of which I'm past that point and made it clear to drop cause I was tired of having my words twisted.

Last edited by zenith16; 02-02-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:47 PM   #614
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Down playing is pretty much the same thing and I don't I really went there. it's as if I was saying they did no wrong and if I went to the point of saying a wiiu 2 that would mean the opposite of down playing them ever making a mistake.
No, it is very different things. That is why I used different words. The Wii U 2 talk started when the disaster the Wii U has been compared to the PS4 and One if I remember correctly.

And if I remember correctly one of your big arguments has been a lack of advertisements, missing out on what they have to advertise. A last gen console that misses out on majority of the big Third Party games, that are associated with the other two systems anyways.

The Wii U is just a bad idea. It is what the Wii should have been.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:50 PM   #615
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
No, it is very different things. That is why I used different words. The Wii U 2 talk started when the disaster the Wii U has been compared to the PS4 and One if I remember correctly.

And if I remember correctly one of your big arguments has been a lack of advertisements, missing out on what they have to advertise. A last gen console that misses out on majority o the big Third Party games, that are associated with the other two systems anyways.

I wasn't saying anything too different from what that reviewer and host said in the video pod cast just said of which he mentioned a console powerful enough, that posted to day. which was all I was saying on the Wii u 2 also of which I also made clear it doesn't have to be named that. and I said to drop. and I don't head head there again. cause wasn't saying anything that different but my words were being twisted the more I argued with you and that needed to end and it still does. he made more clear then me . I'm leaving it at that.

Last edited by zenith16; 02-02-2014 at 12:54 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:53 PM   #616
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Iwasn't saying anything too different from what that reviewer and host said in the pod cast just said of which he mentioned a console power full enough, that posted to day. which was all I was saying on the Wii u 2 also of which I also made clear it doesn't have to be named that. and I said to drop.
You don't want to discuss it, then don't respond to my post.

And the reviewer and host can be wrong as well.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:55 PM   #617
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
You don't want to discuss it, then don't respond to my post.

And the reviewer and host can be wrong as well.
Just listen to him cause as I said he worded it better (which is how I got into this with you)and that can't be twisted cause he found the right words. cause there's a Misunderstanding your not picking up. and I don't for circles. just listen please. this conversation with me is done. He's The one(man there ) with out the glass's .

Last edited by zenith16; 02-02-2014 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:01 PM   #618
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
I definitely agree with this last statement. Nintendo's a few years too late with this product. It would have been great like 5 or more years ago. Now? Most people don't care

Old 02-02-2014, 01:11 PM   #619
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
I definitely agree with this last statement. Nintendo's a few years too late with this product. It would have been great like 5 or more years ago. Now? Most people don't care
The Wii U is them reaping from what they did last gen imo. They lost out on building the fanbases.

Old 02-02-2014, 01:13 PM   #620
zenith16
Side-Kick

it was the fact there wasn't enough soft ware for it or the one's that were there were all short changed games. with a few good ones like ninja guiden and Deus Ex Human Revolutions but the problem there was there was with the latter was the price. as I said. and this isn't down playing it's part of the problem. and lot of other stuff.

Last edited by zenith16; 02-02-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:22 PM   #621
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
it was the fact there wasn't enough soft ware for it or the one's that were there were all short changed games. with a few good ones like ninja guiden and Deus Ex Human Revolutions but the problem there was there was with the latter was the price. as I said. and this isn't down playing it's part of the problem.
Are you talking about the Wii or Wii U?

Because my point is that Wii missed out on building the fanbases for games like Call of Duty, Creed, FIFA, etc. The cheap SD system didn't allow for it.

Old 02-02-2014, 01:24 PM   #622
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Could have cleaned up 5 years ago!

Old 02-02-2014, 01:24 PM   #623
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Are you talking about the Wii or Wii U?

Because my point is that Wii missed out on building the fanbases for games like Call of Duty, Creed, FIFA, etc. The cheap SD system didn't allow for it.
I'm on the Wii U not the wii. the wii is past event and gone and I didn't say I'm saying anything different then the current topic. I'm not saying anything different that pod cast which relate to the Wii U only. which is the same topic it's just the Wii u the wii has past. I know what he problems were back then but I'm on this console I didn't say anything on the wii. please stop doing that.

Last edited by zenith16; 02-02-2014 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:29 PM   #624
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm on the Wii U not the wii. the wii is past event and gone and I didn't say I'm saying anything different then the current topic. I'm not saying anything different that pod cast which relat to the Wii U only. which is the same topic it's just the Wii u the wii has past.
The Wii is one of the Wii U's biggest problems. It followed the Wii philosophy (incredibly inferior tech), while also paying for the Wii's being so lightweight.

Old 02-02-2014, 01:32 PM   #625
zenith16
Side-Kick

The main problem was the soft ware as in playable games when I say short changed I mean stuff cut from the games that are on other systems the wii u should have as well . which both Nintendo as well as the people that made the games

The wii was about horse power not being on par back then , yeah. And them not making the same games at all on that one system. it sold well despite that . but still.... You and I are still on slightly different topic's which was one of the reasons I kept trying to drop the former argument. cause your bringing stuff I 'm not talking on. I know what went down with that one, but I'm not talking about it.

Last edited by zenith16; 02-02-2014 at 01:46 PM.
Closed Thread