The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 03:21 PM   #651
The Bruce
The First and Best

Default Re: WiiU - Part 2

I love the ios android plans. Nintendo will find a way.

Old 02-03-2014, 03:22 PM   #652
zenith16
Side-Kick

this was also put up from game informer

they haven't put up what Siliconer has yet. but I'm sure they will as will the other gamer news outlets or if they won't they have dicussed in their pod casts or some thing in some form.

Old 02-03-2014, 05:49 PM   #653
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
well saw a doctor seem's i'll be ok. But I'm not headed back to what was happening yesterday I'm just posting the news for today and that's it.

Nintendo President Elaborates On The Company’s Smart Device Strategy. February 3, 2014 . 8:30am

“Consumers who acquired information only through TV or other mass media in the past now get their information through smart devices or the Internet,” says Nintendo president Iwata.

[/LEFT]

in further news from Nintendo

Future Nintendo Devices To Be Inspired By iOS And Android Operating System. February 3, 2014 . 9:00am

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata further elaborates on the company’s plan for future devices to share the same architecture.

And lastly.

Nintendo R&D Costs Rise By 80% For Tackling Weaknesses . February 3, 2014 . 9:31am

Nintendo estimate that their research and development (R&D) expenses will increase by about 80% over last year from January to March.

source:Siliconera
[/FONT]
Good! I've found health and staying alive is normally more important than wii U threads on superhero forums.

Looks like Nintendo are at least starting to improve their awareness of modern technological advances happening around them. Being closed is the route to failure in a world where things move & change so quickly. Their guys need to know ios & Android inside out and how it can benefit them and they could also do with buying PS4, PS3, X1 & 360 and loading up PSN & XBL subscriptions and learning the benefits of each of them and how they can apply these to a Nintendo console. I can't personally see a monster wii U comeback whatever they do but these are the right steps for them to get back on track later down the line.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:30 PM   #654
Tron Bonne
There's Evil Here. Within

While I think a Android-like device is the next step for Nintendo (at least in the handheld department), I would be wary in looking too much into what's being said. Iwata has sort of made a side career of pandering to investors in talking about iOS and smart devices.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:53 PM   #655
Benstamania
Shot first.

As *long* as it has buttons... I don't care.

Revelation 22:20
Old 02-03-2014, 07:10 PM   #656
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
While I think a Android-like device is the next step for Nintendo (at least in the handheld department), I would be wary in looking too much into what's being said. Iwata has sort of made a side career of pandering to investors in talking about iOS and smart devices.
At least it shows he knows that they exist. Being able to pander to investors shows some level of understanding of what investors want, and an awareness of the importance of ios & Android & why they've succeeded over recent years is the main thing I want Nintendo to take away from this even if they conclude that a different route would work for them.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:33 PM   #657
Tron Bonne

Well, in the past, Iwata has said that he sees Apple and Android as more of a competitor than Sony or Microsoft, so he's probably a lot more aware of their business practices than Sony or MS. Or well, maybe, it's hard to say. One thing that can never be underestimated is Nintendo's tendency to dance to their own beat.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:26 PM   #658
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Well, in the past, Iwata has said that he sees Apple and Android as more of a competitor than Sony or Microsoft, so he's probably a lot more aware of their business practices than Sony or MS. Or well, maybe, it's hard to say. One thing that can never be underestimated is Nintendo's tendency to dance to their own beat.
Nothing wrong with dancing to your own beat if you are fully aware of what the market is doing and what your competition is doing. Could be a good way to differentiate your product as long as you get the basics right. Apple & Android are their competitors on portables and if/when they make their move into the living room could be the main competition for Nintendo's machine with more overlap. But as it stands the wii U is still partially fighting in that next gen arena with MS & Sony until the 3 redefine & place themselves for whatever comes after. That means Iwata's boys need to try Xbox Live already.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:48 PM   #659
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Watch Dogs delayed on the Wii U. This is the kind of thing I am talking about. Even though they have a big third party game coming to the system, it is an afterthought from the studio and the user base.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:59 PM   #660
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

That's it.

PS4 here I come!

I believe in Batfleck
Old 02-10-2014, 07:00 PM   #661
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

How much is it delayed by? Is the delay ONLY for wii U or anything else?

Old 02-10-2014, 07:08 PM   #662
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

The delay seems long. We know the 360 versions is coming after the other releases, but only by a couple of weeks. The Wii U release will be even more delayed.

Quote:
Following rumors, the Wii U version of Watch Dogs has been delayed, Ubisoft announced during their earnings call today.

Watch Dogs will be out for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC this spring—between April and June, Ubisoft says. The Wii U version will come "at a later date."

A few weeks ago, the Wii U version of Watch Dogs disappeared from GameStop's preorder database, but GameStop has said that was a glitch
http://kotaku.com/watch-dogs-delayed...i-u-1519955976

Old 02-11-2014, 07:44 AM   #663
Tron Bonne

Anyone here who actually owns a Wii U getting Tropical Freeze next week? I was sure on it, but after watching some stuff, I think I'm going to pick it up.

Quote:
Old 02-11-2014, 10:04 AM   #664
Matt Mortem
SpookshowSpectacular

Quote:
Anyone here who actually owns a Wii U getting Tropical Freeze next week? I was sure on it, but after watching some stuff, I think I'm going to pick it up.
I'm definitely buying it, but I gotta wait until March. I'm doing a short film starting Wednesday that's running through the end of the month and all my money is sunk into that. Tropical Freeze looks amazing though. No doubt about it.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:04 PM   #665
Soapy
It's happening again...

Not next week, as I don't have a Wii U, but when I do pick one up I'm absolutely going to get Tropical Freeze. I think it looks fantastic.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:52 PM   #666
WolfCypher
A NEW CHALLENGER

Quote:
I didnt know the 21st was a Friday...Nintendo's so obsessed with Sunday launches...that happens to be on payday, so yes.

I liked TMNT...way more than GotG. There. It's been said.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:10 PM   #667
Doc Ock
1951-2014

I don't have a Wii U but Tropical Freeze will definitely be among the first games I get for the system when I do have one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfCypher View Post
I didnt know the 21st was a Friday...Nintendo's so obsessed with Sunday launches...that happens to be on payday, so yes.
I think Bravely Default also released on Friday. Nintendo certainly tries to do things differently in every possible way imaginable...

Old 02-11-2014, 08:16 PM   #668
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Given the amount of games being released Tropical Freeze would be a definite buy for me if I owned a wii U now.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:14 PM   #669
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

I had to look up Tropical Freeze. Did not realize it was the name of the new Donkey Kong game.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:07 PM   #670
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

I will totally be getting Donkey Kong when it comes out. I loved DKC Returns, and I know Tropical Freeze will be epic.

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
Old 02-12-2014, 07:48 AM   #671
Tron Bonne

I never got around to playing Returns. I may pick it up at the same time, too, since it's dropped down to $29.99 now.

Quote:
Old 02-12-2014, 08:38 AM   #672
jacobed
Banned User

I'll definitely be getting Tropical Freeze. No question, it looks amazing

Old 02-12-2014, 03:03 PM   #673
zenith16
Side-Kick

Nintendo Direct Coming Tomorrow For Wii U And 3DS . February 12, 2014 . 12:25pm

The presentation will focus on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U games launching by the end of Spring.

Quote:

Nintendo will stream a Nintendo Direct presentation tomorrow, February 13th, for North America and Europe.

Timings and viewing links for both regions are as follows:
Nintendo Direct U.S. – 2pm PT / 5pm ET
Nintendo Direct EU – 11pm CET

The presentation will focus on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U games launching by the end of Spring. A Nintendo Direct presentation for Japan hasn’t been announced as of this report.

source:Siliconera

Last edited by zenith16; 02-12-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:32 PM   #674
zenith16
Side-Kick

for those missing the Nintendo direct which is happening now here's a link http://epdaily.tv/all/spotlight/watc...ct-right-here/

a recorded version will be put up later.

Old 02-13-2014, 04:39 PM   #675
Tron Bonne

Oh hells yeah, NES Remix 2. The first was a blast.

Quote:
Closed Thread