The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Old 09-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #101
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
This would have been a great look for Max Dillon. Instead, they had to go over the top into caricature territory.
It's not that bad. I don't mind it. If he had his Collateral look then it'd probably be a bit normal, but overall I don't mind.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:39 PM   #102
amazingly atiba
Lets go catch a spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
Didn't someone say that there is a sort of team up between Electro and Spidey? I figured that Rhino was beating the hell out of Spider-Man and Max shows up to save his hero. Except Max is reckless with his powers and Spidey scolds him or forces him to stop. Max resents this and feels betrayed, making him hate his former idol.

Just my guess.
i think by the time electro makes his first appearance in times square rhino will already be defeated. or maybe spidey sees that electro is locked up and goes on about his buisness and rhino comes along and around that time electro brakes out or somthing and helps spidey? i hope so.

amazingly atiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #103
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

It would be cool to see Electro team up with Spidey to take down Rhino. I don't know, we'll see.

BTW I like the look of Max Dillon in this film. :-)

At the very least, its a lot better than the Aldrich Killian look from Iron Man 3. Just my opinion.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #104
amazingly atiba
Lets go catch a spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
It would be cool to see Electro team up with Spidey to take down Rhino. I don't know, we'll see.

BTW I like the look of Max Dillon in this film. :-)

At the very least, its a lot better than the Aldrich Killian look from Iron Man 3. Just my opinion.
it would be sick if after a few minutes of fighting spidey is swinging towards rhino to swing kick him or whatever and right before he gets there electro blows him off of frame

Old 09-17-2013, 09:04 PM   #105
Picard Sisko

"Soon the people of this city will know what its like to live in my world! A world without power. Without mercy. A world without Spider-Man. Soon people will see me for who I truly am. I'm Electro!"

Love it!

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 09-17-2013, 09:06 PM   #106
amazingly atiba
Lets go catch a spider

Quote:
"Soon the people of this city will know what its like to live in my world! A world without power. Without mercy. A world without Spider-Man. Soon people will see me for who I truly am. I'm Electro!"

Love it!
yep great

Old 09-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #107
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

I'm pretty confident from the teaser that rhino will be defeated before max becomes electro

Max will meet spidey during the rhino fight I think

Old 09-17-2013, 09:28 PM   #108
amazingly atiba
Lets go catch a spider

yup

Old 09-17-2013, 10:46 PM   #109
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
I think I'm just gonna accept that every villain for Spidey films will be sympathetic. I don't know why they do this over, over, over, and over again. I mean, Lizard is the only villain that had damn reason to not be dark in some way. Norman is a rich douchebag, Octavious is power hungry, Sandman is a hardened criminal, Brock is a dick.

Joker didn't have a good start.
Loki didn't have a good start.
Vanko didn't have a good start.
Zod didn't have a good start.
Red Skull didn't have a good start.
Every villain in Spider-Man is sympathetic, in some way, in the the film because that's how it is in the comics.

Nearly every single one of Spidey's villains has some sympathetic part of their backstory.

But that doesn't make them any less insane and/or evil. Especially AFTER they acquire super powers.

With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:52 PM   #110
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
I'm pretty confident from the teaser that rhino will be defeated before max becomes electro

Max will meet spidey during the rhino fight I think
Possibly one of the several feats which makes him in awe of “the amazing Spider-Man”.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:45 AM   #111
JOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Every villain in Spider-Man is sympathetic, in some way, in the the film because that's how it is in the comics.

Nearly every single one of Spidey's villains has some sympathetic part of their backstory.

But that doesn't make them any less insane and/or evil. Especially AFTER they acquire super powers.
Every human villain in comic book history has a sympathetic part of their backstory, not just Spider-Man. No child is born evil, something happens along the way. Something pushes them over the edge at one point that justifies them becoming what they are. There's empathy for every villain out there, nobody wants to be a villain.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #112
Picard Sisko

I've said this a number of times, but I think Electro will be sympathetic in the same way Dane DaHaan's character was in Chronicle. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you go give it a watch.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:16 AM   #113
JOE

It's a good movie for what it was. It's tricky when dealing with a found footage shaky cam movie. They managed.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #114
Picard Sisko

I really love Chronicle. Its my favorite found footage film after The Blair Witch Project and Paranormal Activity.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #115
Loki882
Side-Kick

I really liked Cloverfield myself.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #116
Picard Sisko

Oh yes, Cloverfield was good as well IMO.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #117
amazingly atiba
Lets go catch a spider

hated the ending

Old 10-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #118
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
This would have been a great look for Max Dillon. Instead, they had to go over the top into caricature territory.
I wouldn't call it a caricature so much as a vivid visual representation of his personality and inner turmoil.

Quote:
I've said this a number of times, but I think Electro will be sympathetic in the same way Dane DaHaan's character was in Chronicle. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you go give it a watch.
Agreed. His story is very tragic, and yes sympathetic, but he's so far gone and corrupted by his power by the midway point that its hard to feel anything for him anymore.

With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 10-03-2013 at 09:16 AM.
SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #119
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

There are some people out there who are genuiely psychotic because their brain just doesn't function correctly. This doesn't help if they've been brought up badly. Pretty much most of the villains are men with 'big hearts underneath it all'. Norman was probably the worst of all of them. Brock was pretty dick-ish but was no way psychotic. For once I wanted to see a genuine psycho. Someone who doesn't give a s*** at all. Not a caring, sweet, gentle, kind person who just wanted to help the world but gets caught up in a science experiment. I guess this is where they're going again. *Yawn.*

The Amazing Spider-Man 2- April 16th
WarriorDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #120
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
There are some people out there who are genuiely psychotic because their brain just doesn't function correctly. This doesn't help if they've been brought up badly. Pretty much most of the villains are men with 'big hearts underneath it all'. Norman was probably the worst of all of them. Brock was pretty dick-ish but was no way psychotic. For once I wanted to see a genuine psycho. Someone who doesn't give a s*** at all. Not a caring, sweet, gentle, kind person who just wanted to help the world but gets caught up in a science experiment. I guess this is where they're going again. *Yawn.*
So in other words, you want Carnage- a flat, one-dimensional "psychopath" villain that can barely carry his own comic arc without a boatload of guest stars, let alone a feature film.

Vid Electricz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #121
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
I wouldn't call it a caricature so much as a vivid visual representation of his personality and inner turmoil.
How does a combover, buck teeth and nerdy glasses accomplish this? These aesthetic choices are archetypal cliches that are a visual shorthand for a character who is weak, out-of-step and goofy. Mission accomplished to the costume designer. I personally find all of these choices to be excessive and over the top and tired (how many times do we see this trope repeated in pop-culture over and over and over again?).

Old 10-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #122
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
How does a combover, buck teeth and nerdy glasses accomplish this? These aesthetic choices are archetypal cliches that are a visual shorthand for a character who is weak, out-of-step and goofy. Mission accomplished to the costume designer. I personally find all of these choices to be excessive and over the top and tired (how many times do we see this trope repeated in pop-culture over and over and over again?).
Very SM1

Old 10-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #123
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Very SM1
Peter Parker worse glasses. OMG what a nerd! lol. Seriously, that is in no way comparable to the excessivity of the gapped teeth, comb over, dated specs, too short trouser, etc...

Old 10-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #124
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Peter Parker worse glasses. OMG what a nerd! lol. Seriously, that is in no way comparable to the excessivity of the gapped teeth, comb over, dated specs, too short trouser, etc...
A lot of the film was a big cliche in itself

Old 10-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #125
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
So in other words, you want Carnage- a flat, one-dimensional "psychopath" villain that can barely carry his own comic arc without a boatload of guest stars, let alone a feature film.
Actually, it would be much easier to carry a film then a comic. A comic can run for years, so when a character is more or less a one trick pony (like Carnage) that doesn't work to well.

In a film, where it only has to tell one contained story, he could work wonderfully. Because you only have to use him once.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline   Reply With Quote