The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episodes IV - VI

Old 11-16-2013, 03:46 AM   #1
Joshua_B
Banned User

Default Changes Still Needed Past the 2012 Blu-Ray Release...

Here's some ideas just to start with; if anyone's noticed more, please list them.

A New Hope

• The lid on the droids' escape pod is still blue in a few shots.
  • Obi-Wan's introduction scene now features rocks in Artoo's hiding place for the close-up, which don't exist in the wider master shot.
  • The red and white astro-droid reappears after it malfunctions, right next to R2-D2 at Owen Lars' farm.
  • Luke's lightsaber blade needs to move out from the hilt in Obi-Wan's hut.
  • Han needs to shoot Greedo first, or at least dodge the shot much more believably.
  • The matte boxes around the TIE fighters during the Falcon escape are still visible in several shots.

The Empire Strikes Back

• The holographic Emperor needs another revision, to more closely match his appearance in "Return of the Jedi".
  • Several shots inside Cloud City don't feature the revised widows, particularly when Vader first shows up to capture Han & Leia.
  • Vader's lightsaber blade is still pink instead of red in several shots at the carbon-freeze chamber.
  • Vader's blade also suddenly disappears between shots when he's talking to Luke at the Bespin balcony, after cutting his hand off.

Return of the Jedi

• The musical number from the Special Edition really doesn't work; it stops the whole narrative dead in its tracks.
  • The matte painting behind Lando when he says goodbye to Han before the battle is painfully obvious.
  • Leia remembering her mother needs editing, since Episode III changed the details of her birth.
  • Some of the stop-motion Imperial walkers need CG replacements, because they look too pale against the green forest on Endor.
  • The faded lightsabers still show up in a few places between Luke & Vader, with the white cores missing.
  • Vader's first "no" needs to be either reduced in volume, or removed.

Joshua_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
Wolverine's Run
Side-Kick

Default Re: Changes Still Needed Past the 2012 Blu-Ray Release...

Don't they still use english instead of aurebesh in A New Hope? And I can't remember if they changed the Death Star in the digital schematics near the end to show the correct placement of the "crater".

Wolverine's Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:13 AM   #3
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

Did Disney give an official statement if they were still going to continue to make changes/touch ups on the OT?

Old 05-10-2014, 12:46 PM   #4
Soapy
It's happening again...

If nothing else I really, really hope they go in and fix all the laser bolts and lightsaber effects.

The only thing I don't like about the Special Editions is how inconsistent some of the changes are. Even in the same scene something will be changed in one shot, while in another it will be different. It really boggles my mind how they could be so damn sloppy with some of those changes.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:52 PM   #5
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
If nothing else I really, really hope they go in and fix all the laser bolts and lightsaber effects.

The only thing I don't like about the Special Editions is how inconsistent some of the changes are. Even in the same scene something will be changed in one shot, while in another it will be different. It really boggles my mind how they could be so damn sloppy with some of those changes.
I understand.

Things drive me nuts too, one I personally hate that I don't see mentioned is the Death Star plans in ANH in the briefing room just scream 1970's video game level graphics and to me it doesn't match that world. I would like that tweaked and updated, but that's me. I know that's all they could do then, but if they could even bring it up to the level in RotJ's plans, I would be happy.

Old 05-12-2014, 10:55 PM   #6
Soapy
It's happening again...

Yeah, I forgot about that. I would like to see that changed as well.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:09 AM   #7
DCW
Chief's got it.

Just remove the Vader "NO!" from Ep. 6. They removed Luke's scream from the ESB original special edition so I'm holding out hope.

DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:12 PM   #8
Lord
All Mighty

I wonder if they're going to take too long to finally release the original Trilogy without Lucas's weird changes completelly restored and in high definition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:18 AM   #9
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

I always found it odd that Lucas found so many random things to play with, but never fixed the lightsabers in Star Wars and Empire.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:21 PM   #10
BigSams50
J! E! T! S! JETS!

The noooo in Jedi.. really needs to go

Old 06-18-2014, 03:03 PM   #11
Lord
All Mighty

I think they need to make an edition similar to Avatar's ultimate edition, where you would have three versions for the Star Wars Originals:
-Theatrical cut in true remastered glory
-Lucas's Special Edition
-Ultimate cut, similar to Aidywan's fan cut where you actualy take the Special Edition idea but make changes that actualy need to be done, and if there's CGI, it would need to be good.

This is what i hope for, the theatrical and special versions are both in need of some more work, but they should also be available for fans, giving three versions is what i think to be the best way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote