Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 7

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 08-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
NanaT
X-Men United!

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
The only thing that disappoints me about this movie, and when I say disappointment, I want to add that it's a very small disappointment, is that the movie is mostly going to center around the First Class members. I'm more excited about the main trilogy people coming back, and the future portion of the movie with the main trilogy cast, and guys like Bishop, than I am seeing them go back in time to 1973.
I agree with you, but it looks like the OT section to the movie will be some of the major highlights so even if they don't get the most screen time (:csad:) they may still steal the show in their portions.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 08-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #4
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
I agree with you, but it looks like the OT section to the movie will be some of the major highlights so even if they don't get the most screen time () they may still steal the show in their portions.
giving they are still filming the FC stuff i think its way to early to say otherwise, including something technical recently with quicksilver which i think will be big, they finished the OT stuff months ago

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 08-07-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #5
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
I agree with you, but it looks like the OT section to the movie will be some of the major highlights so even if they don't get the most screen time () they may still steal the show in their portions.
Yes, I really believe the future segments of this movie are going to be the best parts. They are already my favorite parts of all the screenshots we've seen!

And DOFP, we really don't know what's going on, so we can't really determine what the X-Men do and don't have time for. Even people who have seen the footage are still watching heavily edited footage out of context. I've been around long enough to know that people are wrong way too often about what they see in trailers, and what they think it means. And the ComicCon footage was essentially just that, a trailer. People can speculate on what they think it means, but they don't know, and nobody will know until the actual movie is seen.

I already have my theories, but my theories are no more or less valid than yours, or the Vulture spoilers, or anything else, because nobody knows except Bryan Singer right now.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #6
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
i wouldn't get excited about the idea that singer will make anymore films like the animated series, i believe he mean't before starting the first X-men movie that he watched the animated series, and you notice there isn't alot similar about the first X-men film and the animated series, infact they couldn't be more different to the point you wouldn't even think he had watched it

the guy who voiced beast in the animated series has a cameo as a truck driver... thats the only close link i can see
You completely missed what my point was. Back in 2000 regardless of whether or not he saw the series there just wasn't the creative space or technology to pull off what the animated series was doing.

The first X-Men film is a pioneer in terms of the modern day superhero film. Singer paved the way and in terms of the visual creative scope they had back then was relatively limited and what they're allowed and able to do now is far more expansive.

That's why I think he'll finally get to flex the visual elements that he probably envisioned of putting on the big screen but was limited due to both studio limitation in the genre and that the technology just wasn't up to par to give us X-Men TAS like visuals.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 08-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #7
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

As for focus on the First Class guys I think that's mainly going to be Fassbender, McAvoy, Lawrence & Hoult which I'm perfectly fine with. They all have present versions so its continuing to tell the story of important characters from the original trilogy. And seeing the original guys back & onscreen with the First Class guys guys will be quite unbelieveable. It's an Avengers-like project.

Btw my inbox is clear now for everyone trying to send me stuff. If it's the 3rd set of pics thanks a lot, I've seen them now.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #8
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Yes, I really believe the future segments of this movie are going to be the best parts. They are already my favorite parts of all the screenshots we've seen!

And DOFP, we really don't know what's going on, so we can't really determine what the X-Men do and don't have time for. Even people who have seen the footage are still watching heavily edited footage out of context. I've been around long enough to know that people are wrong way too often about what they see in trailers, and what they think it means. And the ComicCon footage was essentially just that, a trailer. People can speculate on what they think it means, but they don't know, and nobody will know until the actual movie is seen.

I already have my theories, but my theories are no more or less valid than yours, or the Vulture spoilers, or anything else, because nobody knows except Bryan Singer right now.
I wasn't excited at first by the thought of these future guys but seeing them in costume really has stoked that side of it up. These guys could be great additions to X-Men film lore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
You completely missed what my point was. Back in 2000 regardless of whether or not he saw the series there just wasn't the creative space or technology to pull off what the animated series was doing.

The first X-Men film is a pioneer in terms of the modern day superhero film. Singer paved the way and in terms of the visual creative scope they had back then was relatively limited and what they're allowed and able to do now is far more expansive.

That's why I think he'll finally get to flex the visual elements that he probably envisioned of putting on the big screen but was limited due to both studio limitation in the genre and that the technology just wasn't up to par to give us X-Men TAS like visuals.
Agreed on both fronts. No excuse for no (or limited) icing up and ice powers from Bobby this time.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #9
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

The FC parts aren't getting me excited at all. I don't think they look especially good. It's the OT cast and where ever the new mutants are that look the exciting parts. Thank god the movie will go back and forth even if 1973 gets more coverage. If I had to sit through just the past stuff with no break I'd get bored. I don't like the FC gang and what I'm seeing isn't getting me pumped for their storylines.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #10
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i am looking foward to seeing stewart and mcavoy on screen together talking to one another that will be awesome, the talent on screen will just be incredible

Old 08-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #11
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Don't forget the practual sentinles reminds me o X-Men evolution while I also
am getting an Wolverine and the X-Men to what appears to be cave or postapocalpic ruins of mansion's sub-basmenet leval.Plus one shot makes it possable they found way to have Xavier walk at some point just like that show.

These pics are so great.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:15 PM   #12
JP
Smelly

Outside of Ian McKellen, Ellen Page, a possible better Storm and some of the new characters like Blink, I'm all about the FC timeline.

McAvoy, Fassbender, Lawrence, Dinklage, plus Beast and Quicksilver being awesome.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #13
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Is it Iceman that Kitty is giving the doe-eyed look to? because if so then I am thinking there is something going on there.

And who is Iceman looking at with the sort of look of tension on his face?

I wonder what the multi coloured lights in the background of a few of the caps are.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #14
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post

I agree. Since X-Men: The Last Stand, the visual aspects of the series have grown, and they have become more comic booky and more fantastic, in a good sense.

I absolutely adore the "real world" that Singer grounded the first two films in, I believe that it was the correct choice given the basis and foundation of the source material. But now that we've established this fantasy world in a grounded reality, we can now build upon that foundation, and play with it, and let the fantasy elements of the world grow, and that's exactly what is happening.

X-Men: The Last Stand began the growth of fantasy elements in the series, and then X-Men Origins: Wolverine and X-Men: First Class built off of that. Now X-Men: Days Of Future Past is going all out with it, and this movie, from what little we have seen, appears to be a beautiful blend of the world that has already been established, and the fantasy elements that we all love the source material for.

I, for one, cannot wait. I haven't quite hit X-Men 3 levels of hype and anticipation yet, but this movie is by far my most anticipated X-Men movie since X-Men 3, and from everything I'm seeing, this movie is going to be everything that I wanted X-Men 3 to be but wasn't. I've seen nothing that indicates this film will be anything less than the best X-Men film to date. I really hope it doesn't disappoint, but then again, this movie doesn't appear to have all the problems surrounding it that X-Men 3 had. Doesn't seem to have studio politics ruining creativity, it has a director that knows what he's doing, and it has so many elements that fans have been wanting for years, but implemented in an organic and natural fashion, not just shoe horned in just to say "SEE!! WE DID IT!"

This is the first time I'm going to come out and say that I hope this movie gets an extended run time, I'm down for like a 2 and a half hour film for this. I know this film is mostly about the First Class crew, and not about the main trilogy crew, but I do hope the main trilogy crew has significant screentime and it's not just relegated to essentially a cameo. I hope the future segments are fleshed out more than say, the Terminator future segments. But it seems like that won't be the case, it seems like the main trilogy crew, and the future sequences are going to be fleshed out even if not the focal point of the movie. And given the treatment that the series has gotten with X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine, I have full faith that this movie will get the runtime it needs, however long that is. The last 2 movies both got runtimes over 2 hours, and the studio seems to be taking care to put quality into these films right now, so I have full faith in this project!

Old 08-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #15
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

You know looking at the scene of Iceman/Magneto from the first leak they are in the same tunnel as the Rogue picture. And there is lights on what could be metal doors. Perhaps they are a kind of lock. If so then it could be a kind of prison and they are cells.

I think it's looking like Rogue is locked up. Poor girl can't catch a break. If she is in prison she was captured at some point and I wonder if she is found with an inhibator collar on. And no doubt has been tortured and mistreated while there for however long. I don't buy they would know she was there beforehand though. It makes no sense to have left her locked up when the whole team could have gone and rescued her at an earlier time. It looks like only Iceman and Magneto are there so it must be later in the plot even if it's not a prison and maybe just a hideout for mutants.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #16
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Outside of Ian McKellen, Ellen Page, a possible better Storm and some of the new characters like Blink, I'm all about the FC timeline.

McAvoy, Fassbender, Lawrence, Dinklage, plus Beast and Quicksilver being awesome.
agreed, there are characters i look foward to seeing in the OT like bishop,iceman older xavier and magneto and 1 or 2 of the new characters but i'm in a big way looking to the FC timeline

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 08-07-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #17
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
As for focus on the First Class guys I think that's mainly going to be Fassbender, McAvoy, Lawrence & Hoult which I'm perfectly fine with. They all have present versions so its continuing to tell the story of important characters from the original trilogy. And seeing the original guys back & onscreen with the First Class guys guys will be quite unbelieveable. It's an Avengers-like project.

Btw my inbox is clear now for everyone trying to send me stuff. If it's the 3rd set of pics thanks a lot, I've seen them now.
Oh, it's not the characters I'm worried about. I love Fassbender, McAvoy, Lawrence, and Hoult, and what they brought to their characters in X-Men: First Class. That movie is probably my favorite of the series. I have no doubts that they are going to bring it once again in this movie.

It's just for me - Sentinels are quite probably my favorite X-Men villain. I absolutely love Sentinels, and what they represent in X-Men lore. When a comic, cartoon episode, or video game storyline deals with Sentinels, then it's probably going to be the type of X-Men story that I want to experience. Yes, the Sentinels can get taken too far, just like anything in the comics get taken too far at some point or another, but the concept of Sentinels is one of my favorite things in X-Men, and behind only Gambit, what I've been wanting to see in these movies more than anything. While I'm not as familiar with the comic arc as much as say, the cartoon, Days Of Future Past is one of my favorite arcs because of that grim future of mutants being rounded up in internment camps and Sentinels taking over the world and making life such a bleak existence. And the pictures that I see from the future sequences seem to capture that so well. From the costumes, to what we can see of the set pieces, and what I can attempt to infer from the events of the screenshots we have, I feel like they are absolutely nailing that aspect that I love so well.

The past sequences with the First Class crew are gonna be great, especially with the focus on Magneto, Xavier, Beast, and Mystique who were by far the superstars of X-Men: First Class and the emotional force that carried that film as well as some of the best character portrayals in the entire series thus far. But for me, the future sequences are where it's at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I wasn't excited at first by the thought of these future guys but seeing them in costume really has stoked that side of it up. These guys could be great additions to X-Men film lore.

Agreed on both fronts. No excuse for no (or limited) icing up and ice powers from Bobby this time.
You talking about the guys like Warpath, Blink, and Sunspot? I absolutely agree.

Bishop is Bishop, and I'm just glad to see him get some love in the X-Men films. I don't necessarily say he's one of my favorites, but he's a big time player that I'm glad is getting some love. But yes, seeing the screenshots of Warpath, Blink, and Sunspot are getting me hyped up for characters that I probably otherwise wouldn't care about.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #18
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:

Same here. The First Class timeline, characters, and story this movie sound simply amazing. So happy that it will be the primary focus for this film.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:38 PM   #19
JP
Smelly

I just can't believe people recorded the trailer yet refuse to share it.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:38 PM   #20
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

X-Men Is my favorate comic and unlike some comic book films I have knowledge of all the characters In DOFP.

For future part of film I am especilly looking forward to Patrick Stewart as Xavier,one of best trnaslations from comics,and Ian Mckellen.I am also looking forward to seeing what Bryan Singer does with ELlen Page as Kitty and Anna
paquin as rogue.I am looking forward to seeing Hugh Jackman as wolverine straight out of DOFP comic.Out of new mutants I look forward to seeing Omar Sy as Bishop.

In 1973 scenes I think Peter Dinklage could be key highlight as trask.It's going to be Intresting to see Wolverine Interacting with first Class cast members.

From First Class returnees I am looking forward to see how they work with Bryan directing In particular Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #21
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
I just can't believe people recorded the trailer yet refuse to share it.
Agreed.I am shocked it hasn't shown up on Youtube or somewhere else.

This is why the pics are making such news and excitement.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #22
Double B
Side-Kick

It's all about the OT cast for me.

And Fassy.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #23
NanaT
X-Men United!

I really want to see the OT cast. To me it looks like Singer is finally getting the portrayals of some of the characters like Storm in particular, right. Also i haven't seen these actors since 2006, i can't wait to see if they've still got it.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 08-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #24
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i do wonder if there will be any bad tension between wolverine and fassbenders magneto

Old 08-07-2013, 01:46 PM   #25
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Lots of pics today, surely the trailer is out there recorded, right?

Closed Thread