The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #26
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 9

Wolverine told McAvoy and Fassbender to "got f*** themselves" in FC. I wonder if either of them will remember that when they meet him again.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #27
JP
Smelly

Not sure why they would. I can barely remember someone I meet at a bar the very next day, much less 11 years later.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #28
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
i do wonder if there will be any bad tension between wolverine and fassbenders magneto
Good question.

Logan taking issue with Magneto for things he hasn't even done yet would be an interesting dynamic.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #29
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I feel Xavier should remember everyone he sees on Cerebro...

Old 08-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #30
BMM
Side-Kick

I just hope they don't make any (too many?) jokes at the expense of McAvoy and Fassbender to further bolster Wolverine's profile in the franchise.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #31
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
I just hope they don't make any (too many?) jokes at the expense of McAvoy and Fassbender to further bolster Wolverine's profile in the franchise.
all they ever did in the OT was boost wolverine up at the expense of others (cyclops), hopefully singer has grown out of that now

honestly i'd like to see fassbender magneto kick his ass but thats just me

Old 08-07-2013, 02:08 PM   #32
JP
Smelly

Let's change this topic quickly...

Old 08-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #33
Double B
Side-Kick

Also did someone say that Wolverine shot is him in the white house?!

Y U SHIRTLESS IN THE WHITE HOUSE WOLVERINE?

Old 08-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #34
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

that boy can't keep his shirt on

Old 08-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #35
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

And why should he?

Old 08-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #36
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Hes an animal that is why.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #37
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Wolverine told McAvoy and Fassbender to "got f*** themselves" in FC. I wonder if either of them will remember that when they meet him again.
If he tries talking smack to them again perhaps Charles might follow up his threat in X2 of having him spend some days under the belief that he is a six-year-old girl

Old 08-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #38
kasjan
Side-Kick

Who's with Storm, is it Wolverine?
They're in AOA or what's that behind them?
In middle credits scene of ,,The Wolverine" USA or Canada looks normal, so fast it will be destroyed to look postapocalyptic like in Terminator?

Old 08-07-2013, 02:24 PM   #39
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
If he tries talking smack to them again perhaps Charles might follow up his threat in X2 of having him spend some days under the belief that he is a six-year-old girl
we need to see that

Old 08-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #40
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
Who's with Storm, is it Wolverine?
They're in AOA or what's that behind them?
In middle credits scene of ,,The Wolverine" USA or Canada looks normal, so fast it will be destroyed to look postapocalyptic like in Terminator?
I believe it is wolverine and Professor x is behind the two of them. Adding further credence that Storm, wolverine or both may be leading the X-Men.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 08-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #41
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
And why should he?
Precisely.

If you've got that bod, show it off. I can't wait to see the context.

Plus J Law is running around naked, so...

I NEED THE TRAILER.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:34 PM   #42
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

So sick of all the Singer hate.

He directed two of the best and produced another of the best, yet people act as if he was the one who made X3 & Origins.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #43
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Oh, it's not the characters I'm worried about. I love Fassbender, McAvoy, Lawrence, and Hoult, and what they brought to their characters in X-Men: First Class. That movie is probably my favorite of the series. I have no doubts that they are going to bring it once again in this movie.

It's just for me - Sentinels are quite probably my favorite X-Men villain. I absolutely love Sentinels, and what they represent in X-Men lore. When a comic, cartoon episode, or video game storyline deals with Sentinels, then it's probably going to be the type of X-Men story that I want to experience. Yes, the Sentinels can get taken too far, just like anything in the comics get taken too far at some point or another, but the concept of Sentinels is one of my favorite things in X-Men, and behind only Gambit, what I've been wanting to see in these movies more than anything. While I'm not as familiar with the comic arc as much as say, the cartoon, Days Of Future Past is one of my favorite arcs because of that grim future of mutants being rounded up in internment camps and Sentinels taking over the world and making life such a bleak existence. And the pictures that I see from the future sequences seem to capture that so well. From the costumes, to what we can see of the set pieces, and what I can attempt to infer from the events of the screenshots we have, I feel like they are absolutely nailing that aspect that I love so well.

The past sequences with the First Class crew are gonna be great, especially with the focus on Magneto, Xavier, Beast, and Mystique who were by far the superstars of X-Men: First Class and the emotional force that carried that film as well as some of the best character portrayals in the entire series thus far. But for me, the future sequences are where it's at.
Understood. I’m kind of glad that for one reason or another we didn’t get a big Sentinels story up to now as the film tech, budget, creative license from studio & for director, and general acceptability of out-there comic storylines has all changed for the better since 2000 and this can now be truly done justice. The fact that we’ve now had a prequel also means the whole thing will be a much richer experience with excellent actors in both versions of Xavier & Magneto and an overall number of X-Men similar to a 100th anniversary reunion issue comic.

Quote:
You talking about the guys like Warpath, Blink, and Sunspot? I absolutely agree.

Bishop is Bishop, and I'm just glad to see him get some love in the X-Men films. I don't necessarily say he's one of my favorites, but he's a big time player that I'm glad is getting some love. But yes, seeing the screenshots of Warpath, Blink, and Sunspot are getting me hyped up for characters that I probably otherwise wouldn't care about.
Yes. I haven’t been getting too excited hearing about/seeing the build up stuff of Booboo, BingBing & Canto but they’re looking very promising here. The original trilogy guys are pretty much unbeatable, the core guys from the past are equally good and now even the future guys are looking like being awesome.

Bishop is one of those guys who’s not appeared in the comics anywhere near as much as most of the other core guys but I still treat him as a major X-Man. He was introduced while my reading was at a peak & one of the very few relatively new characters that have come in who I accepted as being a fully qualified X-Man 1st teamer.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #44
kasjan
Side-Kick

Who cares those hating brainless nerds.
Normal people know X2 is one of the best CBM of alltime.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #45
gear3ful
Newbie First Class

I am pretty disapointed that the primary focus is on the first class timeline... Because i an actually a Lot more excited about the OT characters. Even though i am really looking forward to Peter Dinklage... But i still think that there will be a Lot of focus on the OT timeline... Because at least half of the released photos are not set in the first class timeline.
What do you think?

Old 08-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #46
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by gear3ful View Post
I am pretty disapointed that the primary focus is on the first class timeline... Because i an actually a Lot more excited about the OT characters. Even though i am really looking forward to Peter Dinklage... But i still think that there will be a Lot of focus on the OT timeline... Because at least half of the released photos are not set in the first class timeline.
What do you think?
Huh? Other than the brief snippets of past OT cast members, about 95% of what Singer has been posting to his Twitter have been nothing but shots from filming during the 70's timeline.

Not to mention it makes sense that any teaser they showed at Comic-Con would be very heavy on the OT cast because they were the first scenes to start shooting back in May. They've had more time to work on finalizing those and putting in the proper effects by now. The First Class cast is still filming.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #47
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

indeed they are still filming the FC stuff and have been for like over 2 months or something, the OT stuff finished months ago and probably have some work finished on them

Old 08-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #48
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I just can't believe people recorded the trailer yet refuse to share it.
Seriously, over all these years people have leaked footage from superhero movies for the longest and now somebody decides they're going to sit on this one.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #49
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
Who cares those hating brainless nerds.
Normal people know X2 is one of the best CBM of alltime.
Problem is, haters take over and bash the **** out all things X-Men movies and those who want to discuss the news positively are labelled trolls and fanboys. It's ridiculous.

I mean i wanna go onto an article and talk about it in the comments and not be chased away by haters going on about rights and trolling non-stop.

(Talking about the CBM, AICN, IGN commentors)

Old 08-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #50
josh8
Side-Kick

OMG OMG OMG NEW PICS!!!

They all look amazing! A few notes:

- I lightened the pic of Storm and it's Logan standing next to her with Xavier behind them in a wheelchair and Magneto further back.

- Sunspot and Warpath have similar costumes (which might be similar costume Logan's wearing in the leaked, grey-hair pic) that aren't totally cohesive with the X-Men uniforms.

- The shots of Sunspot and Bishop are both in front of the same door/tunnel opening.

- I think that might be Colossus carrying Rogue (unless Daniel said he didn't film with Anna) only because I can't make out any facial hair.

- The shots of Blink and Warpath are from the same spot and this is probably from the opening scene (since it was stated that they're the first characters you see).

Closed Thread