Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #101
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthenerds View Post
It isn't plausible to think that they'll bring him back for a major/supporting/minor role. Honestly, they shouldn't.

However, I don't think it's implausible to believe in the possibility of an after the credits scene hinting at his return... especially since Singer seems to be aiming to please the fans with this movie.
If I'm being honest, I think that any potential Cyclops return should come in X-Men: First Class 3.

Yes, I'm calling it "First Class 3" because this one is essentially "First Class 2" featuring the stars of the main trilogy.

This movie takes place in 1973. We already have a slightly diminished X-Men team, as Xavier lost some people (mainly: Mystique, but also Darwin and Angel) at the end of X-Men: First Class. I would assume that there is to be some form of alliance between Xavier and Magneto in X-Men: Days Of Future Past (McAvoy & Fassbender versions) to deal with the common threat of Trask and the Sentinels. But we know Banshee is gone. Havok seems to be gone from the looks of things. And not too far in the future from the 1973 portion of Days Of Future Past is the events of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, which we all know at the end of Xavier got a whole new team including none other than our beloved Cyclops. Not long after that in our film-verse's timeline is the recruiting of Jean Grey...

What do I do at this juncture?

I go X-Men #1. Open the movie (X-Men: First Class 3) with a reshooting of the opening scene of X-Men: The Last Stand. This time, instead of Stewart and McKellen, it's McAvoy and Fassbender. To retcon that nifty little continuity error, let's have McAvoy's Xavier roll up to Jean Grey's doorstep in his wheelchair instead of walking up. Since we've seen the rest of this scene play out, and we just want to establish it, we don't need to redo the whole conversation inside the house. Instead, we flash forward to Xavier and Magneto taking Jean Grey back to the mansion, where Xavier explains to Jean that he has recently recruited a new class of students. Little montage through the mansion where we see a shot of young Cyclops, and Xavier explains to her that is Scott Summers, a recent arrival to the school, and a very gifted student. As she eventually learns about the X-Men, it is revealed to her that Scott is the leader of this new group of X-Men, that still has Beast, and perhaps has a couple other new young students. Gambit, perhaps? A younger Storm maybe?

A big part of the plot would be Xavier and Magneto's disagreement about Xavier's treatment of Jean, putting the mental blocks in to limit her capabilities. Obviously, this is something Magneto wouldn't agree with, and their already rocky relationship is damaged even further (but after the incident with Trask, and Logan the time traveler, etc. they decided to try to work together again). There won't be a huge emphasis on the falling out between Xavier and Magneto again, because we've already seen that, but some sort of larger problem could further drive the wedge between them once and for all (leading to their completely shattered relationship in X-Men). Perhaps something involving the Friends Of Humanity, wanting to follow where Bolivar Trask left off? Mutant Massacre perhaps?

This young X-Men team would be led by Cyclops, and consist of Beast, Storm, Gambit, and Jean Grey fighting against the Friends of Humanity, and showcase Cyclops as the leader of the team, and build up a budding relationship between Cyclops and Jean Grey.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #102
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
So your judging by screen caps to decide that they are like the characters you wanted for 13 years?

I sense a certain amount of disappointment with expectations like that
Only in terms of how they look, not in how they'll act. I just like that some of the characters are looking very much like the comics. It's a nice homage.

I have no idea if they'll actually act like they do in the comics but given the circumstances I think we can expect them to be more kickass. If they aren't getting as much screen time then they'll probably get more fan pleasing scenes to make up for it. I just have a feeling Singer intends to wow the audience with the future parts. Big fights, big deaths, comic looks and probably even some comic based behaviour.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #103
Mars123
Side-Kick

If cyclops is to appear it'll b a cameo, possibly at the end when things are back to normal happy times . ( if they to back to normal/happy times, they might have a very unhappy ending) or post credits,

it probably won't explain anything at all just seeing him say hi , xmen are all then BLACKOUT.

leaving us fanboys ang girls wondering WTF for 2/3 years why think of a plausible excuse lol

Old 08-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #104
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

First class 3 with cyclops,jean and storm is a must I think, in the yellow and blue suits and all, more depth look at the early part of their life, becoming the x-men

Old 08-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #105
xrs13
Cold as ice

All I know is I am soooo excited for this film and I don't care if the footage comes out looking like it was drawn on a piece of cardboard, new stuff to see is always good to me haha. I myself am looking forward to the OT segments more but that is purely because I grew up with those films and cannot wait to see them all again. I will miss Cyc and Jean but lets face it, we all know one character that could easily bring them back, and he is a bit sinister... ha.

I pity the foo who judges this film too early.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #106
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars123 View Post
If cyclops is to appear it'll b a cameo, possibly at the end when things are back to normal happy times . ( if they to back to normal/happy times, they might have a very unhappy ending) or post credits,

it probably won't explain anything at all just seeing him say hi , xmen are all then BLACKOUT.

leaving us fanboys ang girls wondering WTF for 2/3 years why think of a plausible excuse lol
The others wouldn't be shocked to see him though. If the past alters X3 events he'd never die to begin with. The others would just be all 'hi Scott, where's Jean?' or something mundane lol

I don't expect a cameo but the OT timeline is guaranteed to have been altered, Singer himself says there will be changes, so he might get a sign that Cyclops is alive in the new timeline. I think he will be. Singer hates his death and I can't see him leaving that in continuity. Jeans can't be either if his isn't.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #107
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
Been there and done that with the army which is why it does nothing for me. The Sentinels in the 70's are bound to be less extreme versions as well. The future parts seem like what we've never seen before in the X-Men movies. That is exciting.
Well boo hoo. Wait till its on DVD and make a 20 minute edit of exclusively future footage.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #108
TayDee
Side-Kick

I still can't imagine the original cast coming back to do another film. Jackman yeah, but I just can't see it.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #109
Mars123
Side-Kick

Quote:
The others wouldn't be shocked to see him though. If the past alters X3 events he'd never die to begin with. The others would just be all 'hi Scott, where's Jean?' or something mundane lol

I don't expect a cameo but the OT timeline is guaranteed to have been altered, Singer himself says there will be changes, so he might get a sign that Cyclops is alive in the new timeline. I think he will be. Singer hates his death and I can't see him leaving that in continuity. Jeans can't be either if his isn't.
Cool that's better, makes perfect sense as time has altered!

Old 08-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #110
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Well boo hoo. Wait till its on DVD and make a 20 minute edit of exclusively future footage.
There's no way everyone is going to like both portions of the movie. Most will prefer one part over the other. You won't find many who equally love FC and OT. It tends to be one or the other as their favourite. I'm not special in this.

There's already posters in here who are clearly more excited about the FC parts and I don't see them getting a hard time for it.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #111
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
There's no way everyone is going to like both portions of the movie. Most will prefer one part over the other. You won't find many who equally love FC and OT. It tends to be one or the other as their favourite. I'm not special in this.

There's already posters in here who are clearly more excited about the FC parts and I don't see them getting a hard time for it.
You are mostly negative about it when it comes to FC stuff, probably why

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 08-07-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #112
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars123 View Post
Cool that's better, makes perfect sense as time has altered!
It does make sense. Cyclops death lead on from Jean's sort of one in X2 which lead on from Stryker's actions which where because of the past. He is in 1973 and his future will be altered along with everything else so he probably won't do all the same actions as in the unaltered timeline. Therefore Jean may never become the phoenix after X2 and she wouldn't kill Cyclops or die herself

Old 08-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #113
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayDee View Post
I still can't imagine the original cast coming back to do another film. Jackman yeah, but I just can't see it.
I hope this is the last time we see the OT cast. The way I see is, the ideal purpose of this movie is to give the OT cast an actual good movie to bow out on and continue the FC storyline with a great movie.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #114
JP
Smelly

Quote:

I think most here are just excited for the movie in general.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #115
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

So what I'm guessing is this:

We all saw the credits scene in The Wolverine where Magneto and Xavier come back to recruit Logan. Trask is building up his Sentinels and they are going mainstream. This obviously leads to Sentinels becoming self aware, and taking over, which leads to the bleak future.

In said future, Xavier and Magneto are working together, because at this point, all mutants are working together. Sentinels are rounding mutants up and taking them to extermination camps. The X-Men, which at this point are Xavier, Magneto, Logan, Storm, Iceman, Colossus, and Kitty Pryde, come across a group of rebel mutants. These mutants are Bishop, Sunspot, Warpath, and Blink. Magneto wants to get the mutants out of the internment camps, because well, that's a little bit personal to him. Also, by rounding up more mutants, you have a better shot at fighting off the Sentinels. Meanwhile, this group of rebels has found a way to time travel. So while Magneto and the X-Men are breaking mutants out of internment camps to fight the fight in their time, Xavier sends Logan to the rebels to go back in time to try to prevent this all from happening in the first place. Not sure what the catalyst is that needs to be stopped. But that's my theory on what happens in the future.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #116
Mars123
Side-Kick

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
I hope this is the last time we see the OT cast. The way I see is, the ideal purpose of this movie is to give the OT cast an actual good movie to bow out on and continue the FC storyline with a great movie.
I personally love to see more films with the OT these are the characters I love most and I feel all the actor are loving there parts and would come back for more!

Old 08-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #117
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Your mostly negative about it, probably why
All I said was I wasn't excited about it as it's not things I haven't seen before. That is a personal emotion, not me being negative about the footage. I never said it would be crap. I said I personally wasn't that interested in what I've seen/heard so far. Who really cares what I think? It doesn't effect anyone else in here.

I have seen people being negative about the OT characters and it doesn't bother me. It's just opinions based on what people like and don't like. I am not a fan of FC characters, so I'm not particularly excited for their material. So far I haven't seen anything to wow me into being excited. Maybe that will change.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #118
TayDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't really have an interest in continuing the FC storyline. I don't see the purpose of this film if they aren't going to try and bring back the original characters.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:54 PM   #119
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:

It's not an "us vs. them" thing. It's not a "main trilogy vs. First Class" thing. This is all part of the same franchise.

Like I explained earlier, I'm more excited about the future segments simply because it's one of my favorite X-Men stories and the aspect of Sentinels running around, rounding up mutants and putting them in camps, and the surviving mutants having to band together to fight for survival in this bleak environment is something that appeals to me. It's a very fantastic version of the core ideals of what X-Men is about, and I really enjoy it.

The First Class portion obviously is going to be a part of that, and it's part of this great story of trying to prevent that future, but even in the cartoon version my favorite parts are the parts in the future that describe that world.

My preference isn't a "main trilogy vs. First Class" preference, my preference is simply because it is adapting one of my favorite aspects of the X-Men mythos. Similar to how a lot of people were so hyped up for The Wolverine, because the Frank Miller Japan mini-series is a very beloved run for a lot of fans, well, Days Of Future Past, Sentinels, and the bleak, apocalyptic future where mutants are rounded up and put into detention camps is mine. A lot of people's favorite stories are Wolverine's Japan arc, or Phoenix Saga, or Dark Phoenix Saga, or Weapon X, or Origin, or Age Of Apocalypse, or Shiar, or Phalanx, or Logan and Sabretooth, or what have you - mine is Sentinels and Days Of Future Past.

I've been begging for Sentinels since X-Men 3, didn't get them, and was very disappointed. But now, not only am I getting Sentinels, but I'm getting a very fleshed out Sentinel focused storyline in an adaptation of one of my favorite stories, so yea, I'm hyped up about the portions of the film that will take place in the future. But it's not a "main trilogy vs. First Class" deal, like I said, it's an "I've been waiting for this for a lot of years and now I'm finally getting to see it!" deal.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #120
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not true. I have seen plenty of posts that are more biased towards FC or OT. And I have seen people not liking aspects of both. Like I said, I'm not special in that. It's just personal taste and opinion. I am allowed to say that so far I'm not overly impressed with what I've seen/heard of the FC parts. Even though I think it all looks good and well directed.

I am very excited for the OT and new mutants though. And I'm not even a particular fan of any of the new characters in the comics.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:57 PM   #121
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
I highly doubt it's the last we see of some of them. This is a perfect way to set up a further sequel. And going by how several of the cast have spoken recently they are expecting a sequel to happen at some point.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:59 PM   #122
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
I don't really have an interest in continuing the FC storyline. I don't see the purpose of this film if they aren't going to try and bring back the original characters.
They already have brought back the original characters, hence the future scenes.

Dosen't necessarily mean we're gonna get five bajillion movies with the OT cast.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:59 PM   #123
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

I have to see Age of Apocalypse. Once they tackle that, I'll be set. Looks like X-Force is up next, though. And I'm fine with that for now.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #124
Rockteur
X-Men Fanatic

JUST GIVE US THE TRAILER ALREADY!!! AHHHH!!!!

Old 08-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #125
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

I just realized they didn't screencap the character who is meant to be Wolfsbane.

Closed Thread