The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 08-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
Xak-Ell
Side-Kick

Default introduction to kryptonite?

it feels like it should be since the whole red sun and harmful remnants of his home world are now combined and i don't see magic coming into the mix any time soon. not only that, but luthor might be involved. so, KRRRRRRRRRRRYPTONITE anyone?

Xak-Ell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Default Re: introduction to kryptonite?

Honestly I hope not, I want them to actually explode the Red Sun affect more......in other words I want Batman to have built in Red Sun projectors in his suit while he fights Superman lol

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:01 PM   #3
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Someone came up with a great idea which was that Lex or someone somehow (by some ridiculous sci-fi jumbo) manages to weaponize any Kryptonian atmosphere left by the World Engine that Superman destroyed and that would essentially be the "Kryptonite" for this universe.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #4
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

Yep i too believe that's what should happen, that and red sun !

Some of them fell into Hell
NosfeRomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:37 PM   #5
Asgard
Kanga Fu

Batman will be the one to create it.

He'll then use it to weaken Superman and then beat the crap out of him.

Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #6
Xak-Ell
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosfeRomas View Post
Yep i too believe that's what should happen, that and red sun !
there was no red sun in man of steel. the sun on krypton was just yellow, just like ours

Xak-Ell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:47 PM   #7
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Just contemplating plots for Superman/Batman.

I'd really like to see this (might get lengthy):

Opens with a scene in Gotham. A very gothic Gotham with gargoyles and the like. Batman is dispatching some thugs with relative ease and takes out an iconic villain (Penguin, Riddler, Freeze, Joker?). He shows off "Bat-God" type powers and comic book gadgets. Jumping off of one thugs face, throwing 6 batarangs that all hit their marks, breaking bones, taking bullets in stride and all of that jazz. Introducing a very powerful, intimidating, slightly scary/villainous Batman. He retires to the Batcave where we see Alfred and where Bruce sets his sights on the Man of Steel.

Change gears and show a contrasting daytime Metropolis still recovering from the battle with Zod. We see Clark Kent going about his Daily Planet duties. Introduce Lois, Perry and maybe Jimmy? Maybe he has to change in a phonebooth to save a people from a natural disaster or out of control train or something like that. Or perhaps we see him attempting to help with city repairs.

Pan over to Lex Luthor who is rallying people against the Kryptonian. Behind the scenes he is investing in methods of overthrowing Superman, investigating Kryptonite. Lex and Bruce meet up to discuss pooling their resources to defeat the Man of Steel. Bruce takes the kryptonite and we see a similar scene to Frank Miller's TDKR but with Superman coming out on top. Batman loses the battle. During their battle Kal-El manages to get through to Bruce's stubborn mind and convince him he is good and pure.

Lex Luthor unleashes Metallo. Who takes the advantage in a fight against Supes. Batman has to step in and together they take down Metallo and Lex.

Movie ends with a tease to Justice League and Superman and Batman shaking hands (metaphorically speaking).

TL: DR,
- Batman is Bat-God, taking out Gotham criminals with ease
- Bruce and Lex pool their resources to develop a Plan B for Superman
- Superman beats Batman (but it's close)
- Metallo/Lex beat Superman
- Superman/Batman team up to take down Metallo.
- Justice League teased

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:12 AM   #8
godisawesome
Side-Kick

I've always figured Kryptonite would work better If there was on,y maybe a pound of it in existence and it was brought to Earth by Brainiac. Takes care of most of the improbability in one fell swoop, and provides an excuse for why the villains figure out what it can do so quickly.

And since seeing the film, I'm also thinking it might be cool to suggest that Kryptonite is the end result of the Kryptonians mining their own planet's core: the reason it's so radioactive and deadly is because the Kryptonains needed a strong power source. And since they absorb solar energy in yellow sun environments, being exposed to it there after a lifetime of using the suns energy makes the effects more pronounced. And the reasons it's not an instant killer of Kryptonians but can give humans terminal cancer? They managed to make it that way.

-C.S. Lewis
godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:37 AM   #9
Vaibow
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
I've always figured Kryptonite would work better If there was on,y maybe a pound of it in existence and it was brought to Earth by Brainiac. Takes care of most of the improbability in one fell swoop, and provides an excuse for why the villains figure out what it can do so quickly.

And since seeing the film, I'm also thinking it might be cool to suggest that Kryptonite is the end result of the Kryptonians mining their own planet's core: the reason it's so radioactive and deadly is because the Kryptonains needed a strong power source. And since they absorb solar energy in yellow sun environments, being exposed to it there after a lifetime of using the suns energy makes the effects more pronounced. And the reasons it's not an instant killer of Kryptonians but can give humans terminal cancer? They managed to make it that way.
How about the core of the earth machine is a small nuclear device - a reactor, a battery so to speak - like our uranium - leathal to kryptonians - harmless to humans due to our genetics Etc
That could be used to power krypton weapons, machines etc that are all reversed engineered by lex crop - superman comes Into contact with it at Starlabs and lex's face lights up as they accidentally find 'kryptonite'

Vaibow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #10
godisawesome
Side-Kick

I'd still want it to be somewhat dangerous to humans. If its an honest to god power source that has harmful radiation, than I want to use that as the handicap for Lex and others. And I really want to avoid any Smallville style stupidity like using Kryptonite dust to make counterfeit cash. It doesn't need to be an instant killer, but I do like the idea that Lex has to avoid keeping it on his person at all times or ism giving himself cancer.

-C.S. Lewis
godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #11
Tempest
....What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Just contemplating plots for Superman/Batman.

I'd really like to see this (might get lengthy):

Opens with a scene in Gotham. A very gothic Gotham with gargoyles and the like. Batman is dispatching some thugs with relative ease and takes out an iconic villain (Penguin, Riddler, Freeze, Joker?). He shows off "Bat-God" type powers and comic book gadgets. Jumping off of one thugs face, throwing 6 batarangs that all hit their marks, breaking bones, taking bullets in stride and all of that jazz. Introducing a very powerful, intimidating, slightly scary/villainous Batman. He retires to the Batcave where we see Alfred and where Bruce sets his sights on the Man of Steel.

Change gears and show a contrasting daytime Metropolis still recovering from the battle with Zod. We see Clark Kent going about his Daily Planet duties. Introduce Lois, Perry and maybe Jimmy? Maybe he has to change in a phonebooth to save a people from a natural disaster or out of control train or something like that. Or perhaps we see him attempting to help with city repairs.

Pan over to Lex Luthor who is rallying people against the Kryptonian. Behind the scenes he is investing in methods of overthrowing Superman, investigating Kryptonite. Lex and Bruce meet up to discuss pooling their resources to defeat the Man of Steel. Bruce takes the kryptonite and we see a similar scene to Frank Miller's TDKR but with Superman coming out on top. Batman loses the battle. During their battle Kal-El manages to get through to Bruce's stubborn mind and convince him he is good and pure.

Lex Luthor unleashes Metallo. Who takes the advantage in a fight against Supes. Batman has to step in and together they take down Metallo and Lex.

Movie ends with a tease to Justice League and Superman and Batman shaking hands (metaphorically speaking).

TL: DR,
- Batman is Bat-God, taking out Gotham criminals with ease
- Bruce and Lex pool their resources to develop a Plan B for Superman
- Superman beats Batman (but it's close)
- Metallo/Lex beat Superman
- Superman/Batman team up to take down Metallo.
- Justice League teased
That's pretty much what I'd like to see for the film. Fleshed out, obviously, and I think Bruce Wayne needs a really, really good reason to not trust Superman. "Just because" is not really going to cut it for me.

Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:50 AM   #12
Rorschach2012
$

I hope Kryptonite is literally radioactive pieces of Krypton and not some machine created by Lex or Bruce. And i hope neither of them create Krypton, I hope though that Bruce and Lex are rebuilding Metropolis and they discover Kryptonite and what it does to Superman

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #13
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
That's pretty much what I'd like to see for the film. Fleshed out, obviously, and I think Bruce Wayne needs a really, really good reason to not trust Superman. "Just because" is not really going to cut it for me.
The reason Bruce doesn't trust Superman is because Superman and Zod destroyed half of Metropolis, and then Clark killed Zod.

Bruce and Lex can be rebuilding Metropolis, and Bruce can discover that Lex is evil at some point during their reconstruction plans.

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #14
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
Honestly I hope not, I want them to actually explode the Red Sun affect more......in other words I want Batman to have built in Red Sun projectors in his suit while he fights Superman lol
Krypton didn't have a Red Sun in MOS though.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:43 AM   #15
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
The reason Bruce doesn't trust Superman is because Superman and Zod destroyed half of Metropolis, and then Clark killed Zod.

Bruce and Lex can be rebuilding Metropolis, and Bruce can discover that Lex is evil at some point during their reconstruction plans.
Right. It's this. ^ Thats already better than "just because" and requires no further explanation. Not that they shouldn't explain further lol.

That's good enough reason for both Bruce and Lex to antagonize Supes. Bruce believes humanity is capable of defending ourselves and that we don't need a savior. Lex is jealous of Superman and wants to take him down and prove he isn't as pure as he seems. And both believe absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I actually think it's genius. And not going (at least partially) this route is a missed opportunity for this film.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #16
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Krypton didn't have a Red Sun in MOS though.
Atmosphere's effect how things look. Earth doesn't have a yellow sun, the sun is white, and has a peachy hue.

Man Of Steel specified Earth having a younger star.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #17
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Atmosphere's effect how things look. Earth doesn't have a yellow sun, the sun is white, and has a peachy hue.

Man Of Steel specified Earth having a younger star.
Yes it w a younger star but Batman couldn't make red sun rays cause there sun was yellow. He would have to use some kind of atmospheric device or get him in a room, I don't think older star rays on his gauntlets would even be possible.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote