The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 10-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #276
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
I agree! Can't wait to see what he has up his sleeve this time . . .

Something occurred to me last night regarding the two different "when do we start" scenes we've seen in the various clips. So now that we have that delicious Thor/Loki clip, we know where one of them goes.

But what about the other scene of Loki saying "when do we start?" I'm wondering if this could occur at the end of the film, after Loki has been installed back in his cell. Maybe someone else shows up and offers to release Loki in exchange for his help. And maybe that someone is of a villainous persuasion . . . thoughts?
I'm not *entirely* certain that the other scene of the when he says "when do we start" (with him in his nicer clothes/hair properly styled and not messy) is him actually saying that. His lips don't *quite* seem to fit the words in the trailers that have that version and I'm thinking it might just be a case of 'edited for trailer' and that in reality he's probably saying something else.... just my opinion though

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #277
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

You can never trust movie trailers to give an adequate picture. As most of you already figured, they are designed to get you intrigued and hooked, especially if it's part of a franchise.

On a related topic, Tim Burton was not happy with the trailer for Dark Shadows, saying it portrayed the film as a comedy.

Funny thing was, for the most part it was, but it's emphasis should have been on the love triangle between Barnabas, Angelique, and Victoria. Those wanting a vampire love story would probably have skipped out on it judging from the trailer.

I guess the best we can do is wait another month for the actual movie.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #278
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
I'm not *entirely* certain that the other scene of the when he says "when do we start" (with him in his nicer clothes/hair properly styled and not messy) is him actually saying that. His lips don't *quite* seem to fit the words in the trailers that have that version and I'm thinking it might just be a case of 'edited for trailer' and that in reality he's probably saying something else.... just my opinion though
That could well be. In a number of trailer scenes I've noticed that the movement of the actors' mouths don't synch with what they are saying. Have to go back and look at that one again. Oh, dear, I'll have to force myself to look at Loki. Ha!

LadyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #279
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
Oh, dear, I'll have to force myself to look at Loki. Ha!
Yeah, what a shame that would be.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #280
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

One more for the road...

Old 10-07-2013, 01:42 AM   #281
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

^You are making me cry...the wind whipping through his hair...*sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPinchy View Post
He's definitely upped his bad-assery.
I was thinking about this as my brain was booting up but I made the observation in my head that it seems like Loki has accepted his destiny and become more confident as a result, even if said destiny is not a benevolent one.

Taylor Swift - Shake It Off - The reason why I listen to European Metal.

Isn't this far better but still pop-like?
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 10-07-2013 at 01:47 AM.
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:34 AM   #282
Morbius
Living Vampire

My girlfriend adores Chris Hemsworth, but I can't understand her dislike of Hiddleston at all!
Her quote: "is that the pale guy with long hair? Ew"

It has led to some hilarious playful arguments, where i've literally been like 'how could you NOT fancy him?'

Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:54 AM   #283
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius View Post
My girlfriend adores Chris Hemsworth, but I can't understand her dislike of Hiddleston at all!
Her quote: "is that the pale guy with long hair? Ew"

It has led to some hilarious playful arguments, where i've literally been like 'how could you NOT fancy him?'
There is no universally attractive people I guess. People on the web adores Benedict Cumberbatch as much, if not more so, as TH, and I am at loss here - he barely look human in my eyes! What is attractive, let alone "sexy" in him? It`s like they "he is sooo sexy and dreamy" and than show me a toad.

Moonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:27 AM   #284
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

From my perspective Chris Hemsworth is very good looking and eye candy no doubt, but Tom Hiddleston has a very unique, unconventional handsomeness that's distinctly his own. Maybe that's what half his appeal is, that he's good looking but not in a conventional sense.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 10-07-2013, 05:40 AM   #285
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Yep, unconventional handsomeness is a trend now all over the world. Perhaps with mass media domination people got too feed up with traditional "classic" beauty and start to look for something fresh. Even CH while more traditionally good looking have some strange thing about him, like softness that is not required to action hero of 80/90-early 2k aka Arni, Stalone etc. But even than Cumberbatch too much for me.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:03 AM   #286
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

You know, I was reading something somewhere about the myths of attraction in some article ages ago and it was basically saying that traditional handsomeness isn't always a factor, that sometimes people find one thing more attractive than someone's physical appearance. It could be a person's voice, or a person's eyes, or even their personality that gets those body chemicals meant for falling in love flowing through one's veins.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 10-07-2013, 06:09 AM   #287
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
You know, I was reading something somewhere about the myths of attraction in some article ages ago and it was basically saying that traditional handsomeness isn't always a factor, that sometimes people find one thing more attractive than someone's physical appearance. It could be a person's voice, or a person's eyes, or even their personality that gets those body chemicals meant for falling in love flowing through one's veins.
Yeh, voice is very important. Like I here everyone gushing over voices of actors/musicians/even game characters.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:10 AM   #288
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyzovrezon View Post
One more for the road...

Why, thank you!

LadyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:19 AM   #289
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
There is no universally attractive people I guess. People on the web adores Benedict Cumberbatch as much, if not more so, as TH, and I am at loss here - he barely look human in my eyes! What is attractive, let alone "sexy" in him? It`s like they "he is sooo sexy and dreamy" and than show me a toad.
As the saying goes, 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'. While not a diehard Cumberbatch fan I 'get' the appeal. It's about the whole package. Both he and Hiddleston are intelligent and well spoken, have a fun side, are kind to their fans and are extremely charming British gentlemen. To top it all off they both possess that enviable actor's tool - an interesting, malleable face.

Tom Hiddleston's looks are a bit more on the conventional side and he seems to be the less reserved of the two - which tends to make him more generally appealing. (plus the voice, the hands, the cheekbones, the hair - oh my!) But I think Cumberbatch's legion of fans are on to something.

Those who don't find either man attractive are certainly entitled to their opinions though.

Aging Fangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #290
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Fangirl View Post
As the saying goes, 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'. While not a diehard Cumberbatch fan I 'get' the appeal. It's about the whole package. Both he and Hiddleston are intelligent and well spoken, have a fun side, are kind to their fans and are extremely charming British gentlemen. To top it all off they both possess that enviable actor's tool - an interesting, malleable face.

Tom Hiddleston's looks are a bit more on the conventional side and he seems to be the less reserved of the two - which tends to make him more generally appealing. (plus the voice, the hands, the cheekbones, the hair - oh my!) But I think Cumberbatch's legion of fans are on to something.

Those who don't find either man attractive are certainly entitled to their opinions though.
Tom is half Scottish so I'd wager those genetics owe to a less strictly reserved personality. Also Scottish blood tends to emit some sort of magnetic aura for some odd reason making anyone with Scottish heritage irresistible.

As far as Benedict goes, there's just something in his eyes that does it for me.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 10-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #291
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
From my perspective Chris Hemsworth is very good looking and eye candy no doubt, but Tom Hiddleston has a very unique, unconventional handsomeness that's distinctly his own. Maybe that's what half his appeal is, that he's good looking but not in a conventional sense.
See I don't know, I am a strait male, but I can admit if someone is a "good looking" guy, or average, for instance, I may consider myself a good looking guy, or an average looking guy. Hemsworth, is a good looking guy. To me, Tom, while a great actor, is an average looking guy, who isn't very masculine.

Still respect the hell out of the guy, but I really don't understand the female's attraction to him, as I see him as an average looking guy with not a lot of masculine features. I think it's people who follow him who find him attractive, as I have plenty of female friends, plenty who've I've asked if they think Tom is a good looking guy, and each one of their resposnes were variations on "average looking guy"

Old 10-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #292
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
See I don't know, I am a strait male, but I can admit if someone is a "good looking" guy, or average, for instance, I may consider myself a good looking guy, or an average looking guy. Hemsworth, is a good looking guy. To me, Tom, while a great actor, is an average looking guy, who isn't very masculine.

Still respect the hell out of the guy, but I really don't understand the female's attraction to him, as I see him as an average looking guy with not a lot of masculine features. I think it's people who follow him who find him attractive, as I have plenty of female friends, plenty who've I've asked if they think Tom is a good looking guy, and each one of their resposnes were variations on "average looking guy"
The only explanation I can come up with that answers everything is that he's 50% Scottish. For some odd reason Scots, both male and female, seem to have this magical aura of charm that makes them slightly more attractive to the opposite sex than males of other genetic heritages. Think of it like the Race Abilities for the various Elder Scrolls species when creating a character in Skyrim for instance.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 10-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #293
Bren
Forevernoob

Funny that; the only Scots I see often is their rugby union team and if reckon on average they're better looking than other international teams. But then, they are strong, stern looking guys, quite opposite 50%'er Hiddleston. If I was a lady or gay I'd be going for the rugby players.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #294
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post

I think it all started with Loki. Tom, himself, is an intelligent man and we all know Loki to have genius level intelligence. I think it's more of his intelligence that women find attractive. You know, in this day and age, it's the smart that rule the world, not the attractive (or even the jocks). We all watched the typical American movies that have the jocks as the kings of the castle and the ones who get the girls, but in real life, it's the nerds who own the jocks.

Loki is the nerd to Thor's jock. Thor has the conventional good looks with big muscles while Loki has the intelligence. And he's more than the typical evil villain (mainly because he's not Russian, Korean, Middle Eastern, German, etc etc), but also because there's more depth to him than just terrorism.

That being said, Loki is still a bad guy and would be an awful person to be friends with or date, but that doesn't mean he's not attractive. I think we all still assume that women go for the good looking, strong, athletic type, so when Tom (or Loki) ends up being the guy that girls lust after, it confuses us.

As a side note, Benedict Cumberbatch was named Empire magazine's sexiest movie star and that guy is the furthest thing from the typical big muscled, athletic type.

CosmicPinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #295
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

Quote:
The only explanation I can come up with that answers everything is that he's 50% Scottish. For some odd reason Scots, both male and female, seem to have this magical aura of charm that makes them slightly more attractive to the opposite sex than males of other genetic heritages. Think of it like the Race Abilities for the various Elder Scrolls species when creating a character in Skyrim for instance.

Just kidding! I love video games, myself.

As for the Scottish thing, I never thought about that. Maybe that's why so many women swooned over Mel Gibson in Braveheart.

CosmicPinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #296
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

Want to get the real inside scoop on anything Loki? Ask the producer Kevin Feige.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 10-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #297
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
There is no universally attractive people I guess. People on the web adores Benedict Cumberbatch as much, if not more so, as TH, and I am at loss here -
I hear you. Although he does look good as Julian Assange.

Funny, I prefer Cumberbatch with the blonde hair and Hiddleston with the black.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #298
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I think it may be a psychological thing. Having an attraction to a character, who sort of displays certain traits. Which is why women who are attracted to Tom are mostly the women who are invested in the character, Loki. They may be attracted Loki, and their mind simply associates Tom with a character adore. Could explain why most of the people who find him attractive are people who are invested in Loki first. If they didn't know Tom before Thor: God of Thunder..well there's a possible answer.

You know, I very well could do this for a study for a Research and Methods class lol

Old 10-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #299
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
If I was a lady or gay I'd be going for the rugby players.
Funny THAT! Hiddleston played rugby at Cambridge. Gave it up so he could focus on acting.

Aging Fangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #300
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

Latest Loki screen shots

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!: