The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 08-29-2013, 05:31 PM   #126
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I just stumbled across this on Tumblr: Petition to Marvel Studios to produce a film based on the character Loki, portrayed by Tom Hiddleston on Change.org.

Surprisingly, the petition only has 8,569 signatures so far. Loki's Army must be on vacation.

One question I have about a Loki movie is: Who would be the hero? With Loki you already have a villain, so who will he face off against? Or would it be a fangirl's redemption fantasy instead, casting Loki as a hero (or at least an anti-hero) and bringing in another villain for him to battle?
First, I thought Change.org was for social and political change, not for Hollywood casting!

And I would love to see Loki as the type of villain he was in Thor 1., part sympathetic and part malevolent.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:36 PM   #127
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

from the article:

Quote:
Beyond "The Dark World," Loki's place in the Marvel Universe is murky. Joss Whedon has confirmed that the villain isn't part of his planned "Avengers" sequel, leaving many fans wondering where they'll get their Loki fix after November. Hiddleston's lips are sealed regarding the character's future, except to say there's still one score he hopes to settle.

"I do feel like there's some unfinished business between Loki and the Hulk," he said. "I feel like he didn't get a fair fight."

Whether Loki gets another chance at a "fair fight" remains to be seen. "Who knows," he said. "You'll have to see what happens in 'The Dark World' to find out where Loki finishes up."
I love the part about "unfinished business."

Old 08-31-2013, 09:18 AM   #128
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

I guess Tom is just repeating what a lot of comic fans have been stating and that is that Loki with his magical prowess should have been equally matched with Hulk if not surpass him outright. There are just some things you can't smash your way through. Physical strength is nothing if you can't get close to the target.

- It's not your exterior that should be the litmus test of your value but what's inside your heart.

"One loyal friend is worth 10 thousand relatives." - Euripides
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:22 AM   #129
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I guess Tom is just repeating what a lot of comic fans have been stating and that is that Loki with his magical prowess should have been equally matched with Hulk if not surpass him outright. There are just some things you can't smash your way through. Physical strength is nothing if you can't get close to the target.
Agreed; I thought that Whedon should have have perhaps saved/sacrifice that moment of humor in order to deliver a better fight between them, especially since Loki doesn't have the best track record when going up against some of the other Avengers.

Average Humans to even Super Soldiers, Loki can handle. But we've been given no reason to think that Loki could do the same with the likes of Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man.

And the biggest problem is that up until "The Dark World", Loki hasn't been shown having powers that go beyond his illusions since most of his offensive abilities came from him wielding some powerful staff or throwing some knives.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:13 PM   #130
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Agreed; I thought that Whedon should have have perhaps saved/sacrifice that moment of humor in order to deliver a better fight between them, especially since Loki doesn't have the best track record when going up against some of the other Avengers.

Average Humans to even Super Soldiers, Loki can handle. But we've been given no reason to think that Loki could do the same with the likes of Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man.

And the biggest problem is that up until "The Dark World", Loki hasn't been shown having powers that go beyond his illusions since most of his offensive abilities came from him wielding some powerful staff or throwing some knives.
I got the sense that the only two Avengers that Loki COULD NOT have beaten were Hulk and Thor. He easily overpowered Cap, IM's repulsers knocked him down, but did no actually damage, neither did Hawkeye's explosive arrow. Loki could have killed IM, Cap, AND BW in Germany easily if he really wanted to, but that wasn't his goal.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:41 PM   #131
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I got the sense that the only two Avengers that Loki COULD NOT have beaten were Hulk and Thor. He easily overpowered Cap, IM's repulsers knocked him down, but did no actually damage, neither did Hawkeye's explosive arrow. Loki could have killed IM, Cap, AND BW in Germany easily if he really wanted to, but that wasn't his goal.
While it's true that Iron Man's blasts did nothing to really hurt Loki, I do wish that they had allowed him to get a few hits at Iron Man since we only saw Iron Man throwing hits at him.

Old 08-31-2013, 10:34 PM   #132
Bren
Forevernoob

MCU Loki's a wuss. Deal with it

Old 08-31-2013, 11:03 PM   #133
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Honestly, I think the Hulk Loki fight would have gone differently if Loki were bringing his A game. Its just that, Loki was injured, tired, disarmed, and mentally unbalanced.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:35 PM   #134
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Yeah. I think after this movie, since it seems like more powers are going to be established, and it seems like THIS is going to be the movie that outdoes all feats we've seen so far in terms of personal powers.

I think after seeing Thor and Kurse fight, Malekith's power, and whatever Loki's got, it will be huge.

After this movie I'd think most of us will be agreeing on that if Loki showed up like he did in *insert scene here*....etc...I think we'll see a lot.

Old 09-01-2013, 02:15 AM   #135
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

I think most of Loki's issue with offensive combat is that while under the shelter of a royal title combat was merely just fun and games, not a life and death struggle so in essence he wasn't aware of how to conduct himself in battle when his intelligence wasn't sufficient. That could explain his mistake with the Hulk, treating him as a creature of reason when he was not. All Hulk knows is how to smash things. But anyway I think Odin had ulterior motives for sheltering Loki so that his true power would not manifest itself. I think Odin rightfully fears what Loki could become, what he seems to be becoming. If they are utilizing characters and ideas from the myths Loki's maternal genetics would give Odin a reason to be afraid of what his adoptive son will become.

- It's not your exterior that should be the litmus test of your value but what's inside your heart.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 09-01-2013 at 02:18 AM.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:38 AM   #136
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyzovrezon View Post
from the article:

Some other online resource took this MTV article, repositioned some of the quotes, added it`s own comments and posted it with the header : "Loki is confirmed to return in the Age of Ultron!"

Moonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:12 AM   #137
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

I'm still surprised though that Odin, let alone Thor, aren't shown to be concerned as to the "individual" that Loki was associated with regarding the Cosmic Cube since you'd think that they'd be somewhat concerned of a being who was in control of an army that they had never heard of and who had extensive knowledge of the cube.

Old 09-01-2013, 04:26 AM   #138
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Hmmm...I'm inclined to think that with all the plot elements going on there's not enough time to dwell on the subtleties of Loki's genetic heritage. I believe that is something an official MCU sanctioned comic line could answer.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:34 PM   #139
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyzovrezon View Post
Clearly Loki was just about to spring his secret genjitsu.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:09 AM   #140
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

Then, there's Journey into Mystery which Tom Hiddleston liked so well that he wrote a letter to those involved with Loki's last issue. Ot was published with the other fan mail. After Ragnarok and Loki's death, Loki was reincarnated and his younger, newer form had a greater desire to do good which conflicted with his inherent nature. He's still a regular character on the Young Avengers series. It and Hawkeye are my favorite Marvel series.

Also, when people say "cosmic cube" instead of Tesseract, I tend to giggle and think of the All-Spark.

ericadawn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:17 AM   #141
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericadawn16 View Post
Then, there's Journey into Mystery which Tom Hiddleston liked so well that he wrote a letter to those involved with Loki's last issue. Ot was published with the other fan mail. After Ragnarok and Loki's death, Loki was reincarnated and his younger, newer form had a greater desire to do good which conflicted with his inherent nature. He's still a regular character on the Young Avengers series. It and Hawkeye are my favorite Marvel series.

Also, when people say "cosmic cube" instead of Tesseract, I tend to giggle and think of the All-Spark.
It`s not after Ragnarok that he reincarnated, it`s after Siedge where he died helping the heroes. But this "act of heroism" was orchestrated for a purpose. And it all ended badly like it always does. YA will probably have creative team change and relaunch come January and I am 100% sure Loki would not be there.

Moonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #142
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericadawn16 View Post

See, for me, it's the other way around lol it was always the cosmic cube to me

Old 09-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #143
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

It's not Thor related.... but it's Tom related.... and too great not to share (love his face when he brings out the plate of cookies):

Cookie Monster Learns a Lesson from Tom Hiddleston
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #144
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Hmmm...I'm inclined to think that with all the plot elements going on there's not enough time to dwell on the subtleties of Loki's genetic heritage. I believe that is something an official MCU sanctioned comic line could answer.
Think that poster was referring to Loki's alliance with Thanos and the Other, not his genetic heritage.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:04 PM   #145
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
It's not Thor related.... but it's Tom related.... and too great not to share (love his face when he brings out the plate of cookies):

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Awww, that's awesome, thanks for sharing.

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase 2

IRON MAN 3 / THOR – THE DARK WORLD / CAPTAIN AMERICA – THE WINTER SOLDIER / GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY/ AVENGERS – AGE OF ULTRON
Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:02 AM   #146
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

I used to drive my mom nuts as a kid when I would eat my cookies like Cookie Monster. You see wen I was a precocious preschooler Cookie Monster was one of my favorite characters on Sesame Street.

Old 09-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #147
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
I can't tell you how many times I've watched this. Adorable. It even made my often sullen 13-year-old laugh!

LadyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #148
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

Quote:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

D-e-l-a-y-e-d gratification. Hilarious. Rock on Sesame Street, rock on.

CosmicPinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #149
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Courtesy of Guhndoi in the "OFFICIAL THOR 2 IMAGES and VIDEOS thread (NO DISCUSSION)" thread

7200 x 9700

Was waiting for a textless version of this image to pop up

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:48 AM   #150
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

With words like delayed gratification maybe Sesame Street will teach America to become literate and well spoken again.