The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 09-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #201
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 2

If only comic Loki had the same sexual magnetism and pheromonic persuasion MCU Loki seems to have over girls...lol.

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- I'm not the type of person who gets pride from saying, "Look at me." I'd rather take a moment to step back and say to myself, "Look at my baby."
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #202
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPinchy View Post
Where is this from?
This is from a TV spot that aired recently. Here's a link:

http://www.blastr.com/2013-9-23/latest-thor-dark-world-tv-spot-shows-little-more-loki

Loki is saying "when do we start?" here, so it seems as if his delivery of this line with the hippie hair from the very first (teaser) trailer may not have made the final cut of the film! In this new clip, Loki's "after all this time" line to Thor (about visiting him in prison) has also changed.

LadyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #203
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
If only comic Loki had the same sexual magnetism and pheromonic persuasion MCU Loki seems to have over girls...lol.
He seems to have this effect only on a real life girls as it seems=). In MCU no woman had a patience to even listen to him outside of extreme necessity (Black Widow for example) and even if he manage to say some words they just hit him in da face (Jane, Sif). No effect in MCU either=).

Last edited by Moonwing; 09-28-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Moonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #204
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
He seems to have this effect only on a real life girls as it seems=). In MCU no woman had a patience to even listen to him outside of shire necessity (Black Widow for example) and even if he manage to say some words they just hit him in da face (Jane, Sif). No effect in MCU either=).
Is Shire Necessity like Bear Necessity but with Hobbits instead?

Please don't hurt me...>_<

- I'm not the type of person who gets pride from saying, "Look at me." I'd rather take a moment to step back and say to myself, "Look at my baby."
Old 09-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #205
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Is Shire Necessity like Bear Necessity but with Hobbits instead?

Please don't hurt me...>_<
Thanks and why would I want to hurt you?=). it`s good to be corrected=).

Old 09-29-2013, 04:03 AM   #206
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare

Quote:
Thanks and why would I want to hurt you?=). it`s good to be corrected=).
It's my bad joke, that's why I asked. lol

Anyways, I've been getting the notion from a few Tumblr pages that some people, most likely hormonally charged girls, are having trouble separating Tom Hiddleston from Loki despite Tom himself saying he's behaviorally nothing like Loki.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:01 AM   #207
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's my bad joke, that's why I asked. lol

Anyways, I've been getting the notion from a few Tumblr pages that some people, most likely hormonally charged girls, are having trouble separating Tom Hiddleston from Loki despite Tom himself saying he's behaviorally nothing like Loki.
Every fandom seems to have a "no-go-dark-side" now. From what I have heard the Supernatural one is the worst, borderline demonic one, like they are only so far from sacrificing children in a hope to get desiel (some pairing I assume) canonized. Even My Little Pony have that side! Itty-bitty colorful horses!

Old 09-29-2013, 07:51 AM   #208
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare

Maybe it's a generational thing as I grew up in the 80's but I can't recall fandoms getting so out of hand to the point of violence, well aside from temporarily insane parents beating each other up to get a Cabbage Patch Doll for their kids on Christmas. I think the worst example of dangerous fandom behavior was the story of the one kid who refused to come out of his bedroom for weeks when Optimus Prime died in the animated movie. But seriously, Tom seems to not be a dark and sinister guy like Loki is so all these girls acting like he is to me is pretty disturbing. I don't know, modern human behavior seems pretty head scratching and unsettling in general. I believe it's because we have become too hyper sensitive and lenient on certain behaviors. I just fear for the safety of people like Tom who haven't really experienced the dark side of fame. It may seem like paranoia but a little caution goes a long way. It's the whole better to be safe than sorry scenario. Sometimes at that level even with a good support system accidental things can happen. I'm sure Rebecca Shaeffer and John Lennon weren't expecting a wacko nut job would walk right up to them and kill them.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 09-29-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #209
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Yep, on "better safe than sorry". There were a situation not so long ago with a game designer who were constantly getting "fan mail" about how they would kill her children because she has to know the pain they felt about certain game character she "mistreated". So in their delusional mind children of the real person were the same thing as some in-game-love-interest. This is scary. At least TH do not have children yet for him to worry about them and the "fans" crossing their paths.

Old 09-29-2013, 11:22 AM   #210
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare

Quote:
Yep, on "better safe than sorry". There were a situation not so long ago with a game designer who were constantly getting "fan mail" about how they would kill her children because she has to know the pain they felt about certain game character she "mistreated". So in their delusional mind children of the real person were the same thing as some in-game-love-interest. This is scary. At least TH do not have children yet for him to worry about them and the "fans" crossing their paths.
I'm just at a loss at why Tom Hiddleston seems to evoke such violently possessive reactions from "fans" so to speak. It's really starting to get disturbing to me, hence my lack of constant input in this thread or browsing through the social media websites because I can feel the vaguely hidden jealous energy of certain fangirls/guys. It's scary to feel the residual possessive energy from them and such obsessive feelings are just not normal. All told I'd rather dwell on an obsession with Kaiju movies because it's vastly more entertaining and less stalkerish.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 09-29-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:34 PM   #211
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Quote:
I'm just at a loss at why Tom Hiddleston seems to evoke such violently possessive reactions from "fans" so to speak.
I get you, and I have to agree. And unfortunately it's not just the people who love too much. In a recent interview, can't remember where it was, Tom said something about being surprised by the amount of sheer vitriol and hatred he had encountered (probably online). He didn't go into detail, but it obviously must have disturbed him for him to have mentioned it.

It's amazing to me that anyone could generate so much ill will towards someone they don't know, who has done nothing to them, and who seems to harbor nothing but good will towards everyone. I can't even begin to understand that kind of crazy. Yeah, he probably should be more careful, especially since he seems determined to live as normal a life as possible.

Aging Fangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:47 PM   #212
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare

It's amazing just how much possessive passion Tom seems to evoke from people that have mad crushes on him. What kind of mojo does he have that just makes average people, male and female, turn into catty and sniping cave people fighting over a mate? Is it his voice, his personality, his unconventionally good looks, his charm...just what makes fans want to own him exclusively as theirs that they'd get so angry with others that have a celeb crush on him and fight to the death with one another it seems?

It's pretty sad that in a street interview with a reporter Tom said he'd go back to slumming it in a heartbeat without a second thought. Also in a fan recorded video of an autograph signing in Cologne, Germany while he was he told them he was ecstatic to be getting back to the theater in a stage play. It's clear from several brief inferences that the more low wattage attention of being a stage actor is where Tom feels more comfortable. That's what he went to drama school for was to be in stage plays. His academic studies according to interviews was classical literature meaning a lot of Shakespeare and Greek Tragedies. Not quite the thing the bubblegum pop cliques would think are interesting. The intense focus Hollywood level fame can bring with it is like a roller coaster ride, fun for a short while but not something one should want as a continuous adrenaline diet as your life is not your own in that pressure boiler of a business, that even your life away from the cameras has to be an Oscar worthy act as well.

Anyways, I like to think of this video as illustrative of who the real Tom Hiddleston is, stripped of all fame, glitz and glamour, a young, Pre-Thor Tom:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

*God, I just think his curly blond hair is so adorable! It's the kind of texture that would be fun to run my fingers through, lol.*

P.S. I bet he'd prefer to talk your ear off on all kinds of intellectual topics. Tom seems like a very verbose and educated gentlemen.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 09-29-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:37 PM   #213
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
This is from a TV spot that aired recently. Here's a link:

http://www.blastr.com/2013-9-23/latest-thor-dark-world-tv-spot-shows-little-more-loki

Loki is saying "when do we start?" here, so it seems as if his delivery of this line with the hippie hair from the very first (teaser) trailer may not have made the final cut of the film! In this new clip, Loki's "after all this time" line to Thor (about visiting him in prison) has also changed.
Yeah, I like to make little gifs of the latest clips. The software is free hence the quality.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:06 AM   #214
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

Girls and women (and fans) have always been like this. Beatlemania anyone? It's not like this is a new thing, it's just now we have the internet and instant means of communication where people can post their darkest, deepest thoughts onto a blog (or tumblr) instead of in a paper diary. From there, they can interact with others that have these same thoughts and it kind of snowballs from there. Fandoms (and insane ones) have always existed, we're just much (much) more aware of them now.

CosmicPinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:04 PM   #215
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare

I don't think it's rampant teenage hormonal fan behavior that's the problem to me. It's violence aimed at others who are fans that's disturbing, I mean as in valid threats of harm from a troubled, jealous girl or guy. I think that it's healthy fan behavior to scream, cry and hyperventilate but not to be harassing and threatening to or actually attacking someone with physical violence that's what has me concerned. With some troubled people they actually act out in aggression because of their intense feelings, like Tom could be theirs if they fight hard enough and aggressively enough. And when they are hit with the reality that their fantasies are just that, make believe, they can't handle it. Fandom of an extreme kind is a very fine balance between madness and sanity. As with Rebecca Shaeffer the man that killed her was a fan of hers from her show My Sister Sam (Which I incidentally loved when it was on the air in the 80's because my name is Rebecca and I had a big sister named Sam.). She had even sent him a personalized letter which inadvertently spurred him to go out and seek her. It was his level of intense emotion of meeting her face to face that caused him to shoot her. In this day and age with the usage of harmful, mind altering drugs like Molly it takes away the morality lines and blurs inhibition making people capable of extreme acts of physical harm. When fan emotions get too intense the healthy thing is to just step back and take a break for awhile. I know Hollywood is a here and now kind of business but behaviorally speaking on a sociological level it's always good for very popular, attractive guys and gals to take a break from the spotlight to let the emotional intensity cool.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 09-30-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #216
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

Oh, I totally agree. I'm just saying even the violent thing isn't new. John Lennon was killed by a fan and you mentioned an actress that was killed by a fan as well. It goes back to the whole instant means of communication. Our favorite celebrities are closer to us than ever before (like Twitter, which I think celebs should just stay far far away from) and this intensifies those already present feelings of obsession. If we had this kind of technology back in the 50's, we would be seeing the same thing. People have always been bat **** crazy, we just see more of it because we get information at our fingertips. It's something that needs to be addressed in our technology obsessed culture, but it's not a new thing. Better parenting and more therapy are needed haha.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:52 PM   #217
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare

In terms of what the media can do I also think the oversaturation of celebrities can be decreased a bit in the news media because this is where a lot of dangerous, obsessive fans feed from is the deluge of focus on one celebrity. What I worry about is how hard it is to police the internet without spoiling it for other people, but yet oversaturation is a problem, so much so that amateur paparazzi are just as dangerous as over zealous fans. I mean in terms of Tom Hiddleston, and I have stated this before, it made me greatly worried when at Cannes a fan could easily hope a fence and get close to him without any security preventing such a thing in a timely manner. I know she probably did not mean to harm him but what if it was someone with a violent intent? I know I deal with a lot of What Ifs but at certain levels of popularity, especially as a celebrity on Tom's level you can never be too careful. I just hope and pray that a little common sense starts emerging again and people realize that there are certain behaviors they should rein in when associating with celebrities in public.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 09-30-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:47 PM   #218
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

Quote:
In terms of what the media can do I also think the oversaturation of celebrities can be decreased a bit in the news media because this is where a lot of dangerous, obsessive fans feed from is the deluge of focus on one celebrity. What I worry about is how hard it is to police the internet without spoiling it for other people, but yet oversaturation is a problem, so much so that amateur paparazzi are just as dangerous as over zealous fans. I mean in terms of Tom Hiddleston, and I have stated this before, it made me greatly worried when at Cannes a fan could easily hope a fence and get close to him without any security preventing such a thing in a timely manner. I know she probably did not mean to harm him but what if it was someone with a violent intent? I know I deal with a lot of What Ifs but at certain levels of popularity, especially as a celebrity on Tom's level you can never be too careful. I just hope and pray that a little common sense starts emerging again and people realize that there are certain behaviors they should rein in when associating with celebrities in public.
Bingo. I think it goes for paparazzi as well. While the fans are scary and sometimes violent, I think the paparazzi have gotten away with murder (Princess Diana) too often and no one has taken the step to ensure the safety of the celebs, and to a larger extent, the public. I fully support Halle Berry and Jennifer Garner in their quest to stop the paparazzi from taking pictures of their kids. I think once the sheer volume of pictures starts to decrease, maybe people will be able to settle down. I know the paparazzi are in it for the money, but they seem to me to be the worst kind of "fans." Security can stop rabid girls from stampeding an actor, but the paparazzi hide behind loopholes in laws and they'll sue if you lay a finger on them.

Frankly, I'm disgusted with the whole celebrity obsessed culture we have and I'd rather every gossip magazine and every celeb blogger just go away...completely.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #219
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

So much Loki/Tom goodness in this just released interview; I'm just basking in it!

http://collider.com/tom-hiddleston-t...rld-interview/

Tidbits from interview include:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
"You get to see every characterís perspective on what Loki did and they tend to be different and disparate and varying in tone and empathy, certainly."

And:
"Whatís really exciting is that in Avengers Thor still really cared about Loki and part of the reason he was there was almost to protect him, to try and find the good and him and take him home, and weíve been very careful not to repeat that moment. Thorís attitude has to change therefore Lokiís attitude has to change and their relationship to each other, their need for each other, their antipathy, opposition to and from is constantly changing."

And:
Interviewer: "Does Loki feel regret for any of his actions in the first two films?" Tom: "There is a whole scene dedicated to whether or not that happens."

Old 10-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #220
Loki882
Side-Kick

I'm guessing that the whole "regret or not" scene may also involve Frigga.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #221
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Ok I know I'm gunna get shouted right outta this website...

but is anybody else as tired of Loki stuff at this point as I am??
posters, interviews, magazine covers...
The last straw for me is the NYCC exclusive shirt which focuses centrally on him, making like he's the damn main character.

Its Thor's movie, mutha*****ers!! not Loki's

BoredGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #222
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post

The last straw for me is the NYCC exclusive shirt which focuses centrally on him, making like he's the damn main character.

You want to draw the fans, you gotta showcase the fan favorite. Just be happy that people are talking about the film and getting excited over it.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #223
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:

Thats is marketing - his fangirls are the most loud on the Internet. They are happy and faint from happiness at every glance or word of him and than twitt/tumblr/facebook it all over the world. I do not like it but understand where are they coming from.

Old 10-01-2013, 04:02 PM   #224
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:

Nope, not bored at all. Not shouting at you either!

The Loki "stuff" is just that--stuff, for marketing as others have noted--what's important to me is the character. What is Loki's frame of mind? How does he relate to Thor/Odin/Frigga in The Dark World? That's what interests me. I love the way Tom plays Loki--it's a beautiful thing. (And I'm not just talking about the way he looks; it's all the energy/humanity he pours into the character. In buckets.)

Old 10-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #225
Verbal21
Side-Kick

Well, somebody has to do the press and keep the excitement going since Chris Hemsworth is too busy with other things at the moment

Verbal21 is offline   Reply With Quote