The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #251
SilentWarriorZ
men of bats

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
Yep, the vascularity was insane. But it is a genetic thing, so not everybody might get that. And Jackman did do something insane things for that particular scene. He dehydrated for 36 hours, without consuming a drop of liquid. And just before the scene, he had a concentrated dose of sugar, so he said the veins just pop out if you do this.

But overall, I think Cavill did have the best physique, he had really great body building aesthetics going on there. His training was really sound.
That's why he's SuperHotman

Old 08-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #252
SilentWarriorZ
men of bats

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorrs View Post

I found a crystal-clear screenshot and enhanced the colouring and this is what came out. Note the dagger in his right hand and that weirdly pointy right ear.HES A DARK ELF! LOL OR the ears just weird and hes bleeding from the head ….
He's Definitely Bleeding and he looks pretty helpless ...

Old 08-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #253
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Well, in their defense, the writer did admit that it was gratuitous and served no purpose but to show her off. Not that the shirtless Thor or Cap scenes are any different.
exactly

Old 08-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #254
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
It's definitely in the clouds. You can see some in the lower left. Also, there are mountain tops over Loki's shoulder and it looks like there are engines glowing on the sides.
It's probably Odin's ship, Skidbladnir. It has the power to travel to other planes, so they probably stole it to travel to Svartalfheim.

Sounds like the scenario is that Thor realizes Loki is the "only one" who has any experience with Malekith and the Dark Elves, so he has to break him out of jail, and the half-brothers steal Daddy's car astral ship and sneak out of Asgard in the dead of night to head for Svartalfheim with Jane in tow. Malekith gets the drop on them, messes Loki and Jane up real bad, and Thor is powerless to stop him. Thor then has to set off on his own to rescue them, defeat Malekith and Kurse, and restore order to the Nine Realms.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #255
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
It's probably Odin's ship, Skidbladnir. It has the power to travel to other planes, so they probably stole it to travel to Svartalfheim.

Sounds like the scenario is that Thor realizes Loki is the "only one" who has any experience with Malekith and the Dark Elves, so he has to break him out of jail, and the half-brothers steal Daddy's car astral ship and sneak out of Asgard in the dead of night to head for Svartalfheim with Jane in tow. Malekith gets the drop on them, messes Loki and Jane up real bad, and Thor is powerless to stop him. Thor then has to set off on his own to rescue them, defeat Malekith and Kurse, and restore order to the Nine Realms.
But why brings Jane to such danger? there has to be a reason why they don't leave her at Asgard.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #256
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:

Makes sense to me! I didn't know about Skidbladnir. Now I'm even more convinced.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #257
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Looks like Johnny Depp's Tonto.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #258
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:

I found a crystal-clear screenshot and enhanced the colouring and this is what came out. Note the dagger in his right hand and that weirdly pointy right ear.HES A DARK ELF! LOL OR the ears just weird and hes bleeding from the head ….
did Jotens/frost giants in first Thor have pointy ears?

Old 08-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #259
seahammer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, if they're going straight-up Norse myth, I agree with you Sam. But I don't recall seeing Skidbladnir in the comics as much as I do the other flying viking ships like the Starjammer from the '70s. I could be wrong, though.

Of course, it is very likely that they won't name it, just use it. No "To the Thor-mobile" moments, I suspect.

EDIT: Credit where it is due, Sam, Jason Aaron does use that name for the ship the 3 Thor's use in the current arc. And it's not just any ship, as he describes it: "As Skithblathnir, most vaunted of the longships of Asgard, set sail across the cosmic seas..."

Last edited by seahammer; 08-08-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #260
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
But why brings Jane to such danger? there has to be a reason why they don't leave her at Asgard.
The people at screenrant brought up an interesting theory that Jane might not be feeling well and maybe the dark elf can help her BUT if she was really sick, wouldn't Odin heal her??

Old 08-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #261
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
The people at screenrant brought up an interesting theory that Jane might not be feeling well and maybe the dark elf can help her BUT if she was really sick, wouldn't Odin heal her??
Not if she's currently failing her Jane-with-Asgardian-power test.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #262
Sombra112
Side-Kick

She looked plenty healthy to me when she punched Loki in the face

Old 08-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #263
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
I'm pretty sure it's just the way his hair is covering part of his ear that makes it look pointy (plus the brightness/color adjustments probably not helping)

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 08-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #264
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Isn't she supposed to get possessed or something?

Old 08-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #265
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Does anyone think that Loki's line in the Avengers...

"I've seen worlds you've never known about! I have grown, Odinson, in my exile!"

...will come into play in a big way in this movie? To me, this might be why Thor says "Known only to one," and it might not be about Thanos as a lot of people are speculating, but rather the Dark Elves, which would make sense considering the apparent plot of this movie.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #266
nevermay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
I'm pretty sure it's just the way his hair is covering part of his ear that makes it look pointy (plus the brightness/color adjustments probably not helping)

Agreed. And I think the 'mask' effect is coming from the play of shadows from his hair...my vote is that he's been injured, and that's blood on his face.

As to why Malekith is hovering Jane, it may be that he's doing it simply to torture Thor, but why have Jane along? I go back to my theory that Jane knows something that can stop his plans, and that's double reason to get rid of her.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #267
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Fangirl reactions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHqU6pOP8oo#at=169

Old 08-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #268
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichsRevenge View Post
Looks like he's bleeding from the head. Pretty badly, too. He clearly got knocked around a bit. As for why he's just standing there staring off at Jane and not doing anything - maybe he's tired. Or maybe because the other Dark Elf has a gun pointed right at him. It's a lose lose situation so really, Loki being who he is, would choose the "loss" of Jane becoming possessed, or dying, or losing her soul over getting shot trying to save her.
I am telling you, they took his eyes.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #269
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:

If that's the dagger he supposedly cut off Thor's hand with, I'm not buying the comic-con trailer ending. Yes you could cut off someone's hand with a knife but not in one fell swoop. The reason why swords and katanas especially are good at that are because of the weight and in the katana's case long surface area that were specifically designed for decapitating and dismembering.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #270
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
If that's the dagger he supposedly cut off Thor's hand with, I'm not buying the comic-con trailer ending. Yes you could cut off someone's hand with a knife but not in one fell swoop. The reason why swords and katanas especially are good at that are because of the weight and in the katana's case long surface area that were specifically designed for decapitating and dismembering.
Could be a special knife... or the knife that he uses to take out his own eyes.

Perhaps they need blood from the nine realms? Loki, Jane and Thor would represent 3 realms.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #271
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
Not Loki:

Old 08-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #272
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
The girl with the Loki action figure clutched to her chest... The squeeing... The number of times "I'm dying" was uttered...

My eyes have been opened to a new reality.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #273
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Perhaps they need blood from the nine realms? Loki, Jane and Thor would represent 3 realms.
That's actually an interesting idea.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #274
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 08-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #275
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Could be a special knife... or the knife that he uses to take out his own eyes.

I don't know about the eye thing. In my head, I see it when someone's eyes are clawed out or cut out or whatever, blood runs from the empty eye socket down. Loki's head looks like there's blood running down the sides and from his forehead. Not what you would expect from someone who got their eyes ripped out.

And I don't think that ever happened to Loki in the comics. Not that these movies follow the comics to a T, but that would seem like a significant injury to put in the movie when it didn't happen in the comics.

Now if Loki got beheaded, that would be different.

Closed Thread