The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 09:40 PM   #301
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Still having trouble here lol...Jane isn't sick, she's not being helped by malekith there, she probably get's killed there, or "gets killed", its the same scene where Thor screams no.

As for Loki, eye less? Come on guys lol. MANNERISMS. Not sure if it's Tom's Mannerisms, or mannerisms he brings to Loki, but he does it ALL the time. Head tilted back, with eyelids slightly down, so it almost looks like his eyes are shut, when he's just looking ahead, with his head back. His head is bleeding. That's what's happening there.

I still think The hand thing will be either an illusion, or probably a vision of Heimdal

Old 08-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #302
Matt Mortem
Mr. Tusk

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Trailer #1: pretty freakin' cool. Trailer #2: Best goddamn thing I've seen in awhile. I love the look of this movie. The first one was good, but it felt too much like a sound stage at times. The scope just didn't feel as grand as I would have liked. Dark World looks like it might rectify that.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #303
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
It's probably Odin's ship, Skidbladnir. It has the power to travel to other planes, so they probably stole it to travel to Svartalfheim.

Sounds like the scenario is that Thor realizes Loki is the "only one" who has any experience with Malekith and the Dark Elves, so he has to break him out of jail, and the half-brothers steal Daddy's car astral ship and sneak out of Asgard in the dead of night to head for Svartalfheim with Jane in tow. Malekith gets the drop on them, messes Loki and Jane up real bad, and Thor is powerless to stop him. Thor then has to set off on his own to rescue them, defeat Malekith and Kurse, and restore order to the Nine Realms.
Dammit Cherokeesam, I agree with this entire post!

I'd love for Thor to rescue Loki and Jane on his own, that's gonna bring out the Thunderer I know and love. He's gonna need to bring out some serious moves to take on Kurse, Malekith, and the Dark Elves troops. Oh yeah and if that really is Odin's ship I might pass out in the theater, especially when it flies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
I don't care WHO they're excited for, seeing this much excitement for a Thor film makes me feel all warm inside.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 08-08-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #304
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

We need an EMT standing by when BigThor is in the theater

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 08-08-2013, 10:42 PM   #305
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

There is a quick scene in the trailer I want to get some opinions, or, opinions about my opinions. There looks to be a section, right before or after the line from Loki, repeated from the teaser, about Thor being so desperate ect. The shot is of Loki and Thor coming over a rise. In the distance is a structure of some kind that even when I froze/paused the image it was still ambiguous as to what it was. Any theories?

My two are:

1. It is the same craft or ship seen crashing through Greenwich. This may be the "machine" the Elves have as described in the page from the Eleven book. I think VARTHA did a translation of it a few days back.

2. I think this is a long shot, but it looks almost like a cross like structure. Now in the myths, and this was included in Marvel's Thor, Odin is hung for a period of time on the "world tree" and gains, I believe, the power of prophecy, of sight beyond sight. If this is also the case in the movie then perhaps Thor is attempting the same feat, so as to know more of the Elves? If Odin is not available to give information Thor could feel this is his best bet. He may take Loki along to conduct some kind of Rune ritual or the like. (I know that Odin sacrificed his eye in the myths and that movie Odin lost it in combat, but who knows, maybe part of the prophecy powers told him he would lose his eye if he so wished for foresight, but it was a fate kind of thing? Just spitballing here.)

Any thoughts? Anyone see what I mean in the trailer?

Old 08-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #306
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post

I don't care WHO they're excited for, seeing this much excitement for a Thor film makes me feel all warm inside.
LOL. Exactly how I feel, BigThor. Years ago, if you told me we would see this kind of reaction to a Thor movie, I wouldn't believe it.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:21 PM   #307
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
There is a quick scene in the trailer I want to get some opinions, or, opinions about my opinions. There looks to be a section, right before or after the line from Loki, repeated from the teaser, about Thor being so desperate ect. The shot is of Loki and Thor coming over a rise. In the distance is a structure of some kind that even when I froze/paused the image it was still ambiguous as to what it was. Any theories?

My two are:

1. It is the same craft or ship seen crashing through Greenwich. This may be the "machine" the Elves have as described in the page from the Eleven book. I think VARTHA did a translation of it a few days back.

2. I think this is a long shot, but it looks almost like a cross like structure. Now in the myths, and this was included in Marvel's Thor, Odin is hung for a period of time on the "world tree" and gains, I believe, the power of prophecy, of sight beyond sight. If this is also the case in the movie then perhaps Thor is attempting the same feat, so as to know more of the Elves? If Odin is not available to give information Thor could feel this is his best bet. He may take Loki along to conduct some kind of Rune ritual or the like. (I know that Odin sacrificed his eye in the myths and that movie Odin lost it in combat, but who knows, maybe part of the prophecy powers told him he would lose his eye if he so wished for foresight, but it was a fate kind of thing? Just spitballing here.)

Any thoughts? Anyone see what I mean in the trailer?
I'm pretty sure it's Malekith's ship. You can see that light going down the front of it and in a different scene where Malekith is standing in front of his line of men, you can see it in the background.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:22 PM   #308
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
We need an EMT standing by when BigThor is in the theater
I think I'll manage, just keep some smelling salts on hand.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 08-08-2013, 11:24 PM   #309
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
I'm pretty sure it's Malekith's ship. You can see that light going down the front of it and in a different scene where Malekith is standing in front of his line of men, you can see it in the background.

I think you are likely correct, but the image is not too clear to my eyes. It then begs the question, is this the device that harnesses "the ether/darkness" from the Elven book that was partially translated?

Old 08-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #310
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think you are likely correct, but the image is not too clear to my eyes. It then begs the question, is this the device that harnesses "the ether/darkness" from the Elven book that was partially translated?
I think I read somewhere that it was called the Fist of Malekith. I could be wrong though and that's all I know about it. I guess we'll have to wait for the movie to find out

Old 08-08-2013, 11:35 PM   #311
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think I read somewhere that it was called the Fist of Malekith. I could be wrong though and that's all I know about it. I guess we'll have to wait for the movie to find out
The waiting game.... I hate the waiting game.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:40 PM   #312
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
The waiting game.... I hate the waiting game.
It's okay. We're here for each other, together, in this horrible waiting game.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:46 PM   #313
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's okay. We're here for each other, together, in this horrible waiting game.
Quick... Somebody start playing "Lean on me"!

Old 08-09-2013, 12:00 AM   #314
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Quick... Somebody start playing "Lean on me"!
I just went back and re-watched the scene in HD and paused and it's definitely that ship. Also, Thor is holding onto Jane and it's hard to tell but is he just holding her or is he leaning on her because he's injured or something?

Old 08-09-2013, 12:12 AM   #315
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
I just went back and re-watched the scene in HD and paused and it's definitely that ship. Also, Thor is holding onto Jane and it's hard to tell but is he just holding her or is he leaning on her because he's injured or something?
Hmm... More fuel for the "Hand Gate" fires me thinks.

Old 08-09-2013, 04:49 AM   #316
First Avenger
Side-Kick

It's interesting how they're keeping the movie's villains mostly under wraps,like the plot itself.

Old 08-09-2013, 04:52 AM   #317
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

How so? We know The Dark Elf and his people are involved, some of their motivations, we got a peek at Kurse and we have seen a load of Loki.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:03 AM   #318
First Avenger
Side-Kick

Yeah but they're not showing too much and IMO it's a good thing,I mean Malekith is barely in the trailer,Kurse is only in one shot,it's really focused on Thor's relation with Jean and Loki at least the way I see it.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:11 AM   #319
First Avenger
Side-Kick

it's not giving too much away,that's what I liked the most. I also get the impression that many SFX aren't done yet.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:22 AM   #320
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Avenger View Post
it's not giving too much away,that's what I liked the most. I also get the impression that many SFX aren't done yet.

I actually agree. And I agree that it's good that we don't get every plot twist and important moment revealed in the trailer. I would also guess that some SFX are still being refined. Though from the trailers it looks as though a fair amount of SFX is done and it looks sumptuous.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:37 AM   #321
First Avenger
Side-Kick

Yes it does look great,I wonder how high the budget is for the movie,it really looks epic.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:50 AM   #322
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I've wanted a Thor movie since the first Lord of The Rings films hit. Seeing the beginning of Fellowship made me go: "Welp... We can do a proper Simonson Thor now. Let's get to it, people!!" Seeing the look of the trailer has me excited. Of course once the WINTER SOLDIER trailer hits I'll be all over that one too.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:58 AM   #323
First Avenger
Side-Kick

Yeah,as someone who really enjoyed IM3 I can't wait to see all of Phase 2 movies.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #324
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
it's obviously the "ark" their ship.

Also that's not the proper using of begging the question

Old 08-09-2013, 08:43 AM   #325
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
I disagree. I think this is the scene where Thor gets his hand chopped off if that's him laying on the ground behind Malekith, which I think it is. Why else would he be rolling on the ground if not in pain from having a limb cut like that.

Also, I don't think Loki had anything happen to his eyes. I think he got hit on the head or something just because it looks like the blood is flowing down from his hair.

But I do think you might be right about Jane. Also, you used the work 'skulk' which is like one of my favorite words ever. Nice.
How much do you want to bet that the hand chopping scene is just a Týr scene spliced into the footage to make it look like Thor get's his hand chopped off. If you take in the fact that Týr only has one hand in the mythology and in the comics. Plus Týr was cast in the movie. I bet they are going to have Odin cut his hand off and exile him.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 08-09-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Closed Thread