The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #326
warriorking
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

I bet the explosion we see is the destruction of Malekith's ship or fortress...

Old 08-09-2013, 10:06 AM   #327
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorking View Post
I bet the explosion we see is the destruction of Malekith's ship or fortress...
The explosion happens away from the ship though. you can still see it in the back.

Maybe a God blast?! maybe to defeat Kurse?

Old 08-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #328
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
How much do you want to bet that the hand chopping scene is just a Týr scene spliced into the footage to make it look like Thor get's his hand chopped off. If you take in the fact that Týr only has one hand in the mythology and in the comics. Plus Týr was cast in the movie. I bet they are going to have Odin cut his hand off and exile him.

I'm willing to bet you're exactly right, since Tyr is known to be in the movie, and Tyr is known for having his hand lopped off. It's probably just creative trailer editing that nobody quite pieced together at SDCC in the heat of the moment. (Still, both Kevin Feige and Chris Hemsworth have both been directly confronted with questions about it, and neither confirmed nor denied that it was Thor's hand.)

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #329
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
The explosion happens away from the ship though. you can still see it in the back.

Maybe a God blast?! maybe to defeat Kurse?
i was wondering the same thing, but if you pause it right before the explosion, there is nothing there. No body, no one, it looks like it just comes out of no where.

I bet that arc thing is a portal type creator.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:22 AM   #330
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
i was wondering the same thing, but if you pause it right before the explosion, there is nothing there. No body, no one, it looks like it just comes out of no where.

I bet that arc thing is a portal type creator.
you can't see anyone because they are tiny compared to the size of the ship which looks very small in itself in that shot

Old 08-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #331
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
How much do you want to bet that the hand chopping scene is just a Týr scene spliced into the footage to make it look like Thor get's his hand chopped off. If you take in the fact that Týr only has one hand in the mythology and in the comics. Plus Týr was cast in the movie. I bet they are going to have Odin cut his hand off and exile him.
Possibly, that or a flashback to set up a bit of his backstory/how he lost the hand in the first place. Tho I'd rather them incorporate the Fenrir legend than just chop it off.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 08-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #332
Bren
Forevernoob

would be hilarious(ly bad) if Tyr's hand is cut off using "the fenrir blade" hahaha

edit - or worse, "the tooth of fenrir" hehehe

Old 08-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #333
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

The people who actually saw the footage specifically saw Loki cut off Thor's hand, not Odin and Tyr. It doesn't seem likely that Marvel would fake something like that anyway. I mean, why? What purpose would it serve?

Old 08-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #334
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

I still don't buy the hand chopping scene. I'm actually wondering if the explosion is Mjolnir being destroyed somehow. Think about it, you're not going to stop Thor by cutting off one of his hands, you'd have to cut off both. I think somehow Mjolnir is going to be destroyed in that explosion. Malekith asks, "ask yourself, what would you sacrifice for what you believe?"

Old 08-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #335
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I still don't buy the hand chopping scene. I'm actually wondering if the explosion is Mjolnir being destroyed somehow. Think about it, you're not going to stop Thor by cutting off one of his hands, you'd have to cut off both. I think somehow Mjolnir is going to be destroyed in that explosion. Malekith asks, "ask yourself, what would you sacrifice for what you believe?"
I think that's more of a Jane than Mjolnir thing. They did say this would be a more romantically based movie.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #336
seahammer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
1. It is the same craft or ship seen crashing through Greenwich. This may be the "machine" the Elves have as described in the page from the Eleven book. I think VARTHA did a translation of it a few days back.
I have a feeling that the ship is "ether" powered, and that's what the glowing red stuff inside the ship is. Here is the "Book of Yggdrasil" and the translation.

Quote:
from Vartha:

Seahammer over on the Immortal Thor boards found and translated this

Quote:
left page:
The elves fought the light that radiated from Asgard. They built a weapon out of the dark and unleashed the dark power of the ETHER across the nine realms, inflicting the torment of...
(end of page)

caption on right page:
Svartalfheim, the genesis of ether.
I'm interested to see one of the Dark Elves fire those funky looking guns. I think they will shoot "darkness" of some kind, like the stuff swirling the pictures in the book, but I have no idea how it will look on screen.

Also, if this ties in to Surtur as some have speculated, and if the passage from that book should lead to "inflicting the torment of Surtur," how would people here feel if he looks like he is made out of that glowing red stuff inside the ship?

Old 08-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #337
Sombra112
Side-Kick

I rewatched the two trailers and noticed something. In the scene where Thor screams 'No!' he's got these two parallel cuts on his forehead that he doesn't have in the barren wasteland where Malekith's ship is and where Jane does the floaty thing. He has them on earth when he lands on that walkway though. Conclusion: the 'No!' scene happens on earth and I have no idea what he's 'No!'ing.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #338
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
I rewatched the two trailers and noticed something. In the scene where Thor screams 'No!' he's got these two parallel cuts on his forehead that he doesn't have in the barren wasteland where Malekith's ship is and where Jane does the floaty thing. He has them on earth when he lands on that walkway though. Conclusion: the 'No!' scene happens on earth and I have no idea what he's 'No!'ing.
Jane gets possessed or w/e then? he brings her to asgard to fix her?

Old 08-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #339
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
I don't think the "No!" scene happens on earth, but I think you confirmed a suspicion of mine. The scenes of Malekith's ship crashing in London and Malekith fighting Thor on Earth, I believe happen at the end of the movie. He gets that scar cut somewhere confronting Malekith with Loki wherever that was at, and then Malekith somehow discovers how to get to Midgard, perhaps through Jane.

I also think that scene of Thor Kissing Jane in street clothes with the pony tail, happens at the end of the movie.

I'm wondering if Thor leaves Asgard for Earth to be with Jane at the end of this, perhaps setting up his return with the Avengers.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #340
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I don't think the "No!" scene happens on earth, but I think you confirmed a suspicion of mine. The scenes of Malekith's ship crashing in London and Malekith fighting Thor on Earth, I believe happen at the end of the movie. He gets that scar cut somewhere confronting Malekith with Loki wherever that was at, and then Malekith somehow discovers how to get to Midgard, perhaps through Jane.

I also think that scene of Thor Kissing Jane in street clothes with the pony tail, happens at the end of the movie.

I'm wondering if Thor leaves Asgard for Earth to be with Jane at the end of this, perhaps setting up his return with the Avengers.
Someone would have to be in Asgard to be heir to the throne (if Odin survives the movie. If he doesn't, someone still has to be in Asgard to rule). So possibly, the introduction of the other brothers?

Old 08-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #341
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichsRevenge View Post
Someone would have to be in Asgard to be heir to the throne (if Odin survives the movie. If he doesn't, someone still has to be in Asgard to rule). So possibly, the introduction of the other brothers?
I'm with Tony on this one. He doesn't have to worry about being stranded on earth with the Bifrost working so he can return whenever. It would make getting him in Avengers 2 easier and he does love earth in the comics quite a bit right? It makes sense to me.

I was starting to think Thor doesn't visit earth just once this movie. He goes once in the beginning to get Jane/fight Malekith or whatever force is tearing apart the fabric of reality then returns towards the end for more Malekith butt kicking. Then he decides to just chill on earth for a while with Jane with blessings from his father.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #342
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Jane gets possessed or w/e then? he brings her to asgard to fix her?

She does look a bit sickly in a few of the earth shots especially the one where she talks about the fabric of reality. Maybe they have a cure for whatever is wrong with her on Asgard.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #343
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Old 08-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #344
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichsRevenge View Post
Maybe Loki redeems himself at the end of this movie and becomes King of Asgard.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9 4. Guardians of the Galaxy 9.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #345
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
Maybe Loki redeems himself at the end of this movie and becomes King of Asgard.
No

Old 08-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #346
SilentWarriorZ
men of bats

Quote:
She does look a bit sickly in a few of the earth shots especially the one where she talks about the fabric of reality. Maybe they have a cure for whatever is wrong with her on Asgard.
It does seems she ages Faster or something like she's cursed ...

Old 08-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #347
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWarriorZ View Post
It does seems she ages Faster or something like she's cursed ...
I don't know, she just looked sickly to me, like she hadn't eaten in so long she had lost too much weight. Which begs the question of who would do that and why?

Old 08-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #348
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Quote:
I don't know, she just looked sickly to me, like she hadn't eaten in so long she had lost too much weight. Which begs the question of who would do that and why?
Sif, to get her out of the way

Old 08-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #349
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
Sif, to get her out of the way
Which would make Sif a bad guy and Thor would be like and totally forget her and he and Jane would be like . Awesome!

Old 08-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #350
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:

http://www.nizkor.org/features/falla...-question.html

Closed Thread