The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #351
seahammer
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
I don't know, she just looked sickly to me, like she hadn't eaten in so long she had lost too much weight. Which begs the question of who would do that and why?
I'll be honest, I didn't even notice this the first (dozen) times I watched the trailer, but after reading your discussion it really jumps out at me. You can really see the difference between these two shots:

However, I don't know that she is actually sick. She could be, but I'll wait for more evidence. Maybe she is just sleep deprived because she is a dedicated/workaholic scientist, maybe she has just been through an unexpected and traumatic dark elf attack, or maybe it is just a creative production decision to subtly and subconsciously highlight the difference between life on Midgard and life on Asgard.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #352
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahammer View Post
I'll be honest, I didn't even notice this the first (dozen) times I watched the trailer, but after reading your discussion it really jumps out at me. You can really see the difference between these two shots:

However, I don't know that she is actually sick. She could be, but I'll wait for more evidence. Maybe she is just sleep deprived because she is a dedicated/workaholic scientist, maybe she has just been through an unexpected and traumatic dark elf attack, or maybe it is just a creative production decision to subtly and subconsciously highlight the difference between life on Midgard and life on Asgard.
Hey, do you notice the red bus in that top shot says 'moral sacrifice' on it? Is that some kind of foreshadowing?

Old 08-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #353
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I have a feeling that the ship is "ether" powered, and that's what the glowing red stuff inside the ship is. Here is the "Book of Yggdrasil" and the translation.

I'm interested to see one of the Dark Elves fire those funky looking guns. I think they will shoot "darkness" of some kind, like the stuff swirling the pictures in the book, but I have no idea how it will look on screen.

Also, if this ties in to Surtur as some have speculated, and if the passage from that book should lead to "inflicting the torment of Surtur," how would people here feel if he looks like he is made out of that glowing red stuff inside the ship?
also worth noting, the eternal flame is in asgard

Old 08-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #354
seahammer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hey, do you notice the red bus in that top shot says 'moral sacrifice' on it? Is that some kind of foreshadowing?

Yeah, I noticed that too. I was chuckling to myself while I posted it. I think Alan Taylor gave a lot of attention to detail in the small things that won't be obvious until we see the entire film a couple of times. At least, I hope so!

Looking at those two pictures of Jane again, it really jumps out to me how even the color palette is different between Earth and Asgard.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #355
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
yeah, it's been the most talked about prop item of the movie

Old 08-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #356
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Something worth noting. Maybe it's the end of the movie, maybe not, but when Thor lands in London, someone said he had those two scratches on his head. When he grabs Jane, shortly after, and looks up, it seems as if those cuts are faded, Godly durability? Or different scene? Cause it looked the same

Old 08-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #357
seahammer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
also worth noting, the eternal flame is in asgard
True. I've spent a lot of time thinking about Odin's vault from the first film. I hope something in there plays a part in this, and we get another look.

Speaking of the eternal flame and the vault, two sort of random thoughts:
1.) I was a little surprised when Malekith was originally announced, as his main McGuffin in the comics was the Casket of Ancient Winters, which (thankfully) isn't being reused. But maybe the Eternal Flame will come into play instead.

2.) Sadly I forgot who, but someone pointed out that the big black craft looked somewhat like a gigantic sword (you might need to use your imagination):

Maybe it just needs to be lit by the Eternal Flame....?

I'm not saying I think this will happen (the plot might get a bit unwieldy and unfocused if ALL of our fan dreams come true...), but who knows?

Old 08-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #358
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, I noticed that too. I was chuckling to myself while I posted it. I think Alan Taylor gave a lot of attention to detail in the small things that won't be obvious until we see the entire film a couple of times. At least, I hope so!

Looking at those two pictures of Jane again, it really jumps out to me how even the color palette is different between Earth and Asgard.
I certainly hope so too . I love it when directors put a lot of love and effort into their work, it makes it so much better and makes multiple re-watches even more entertaining.

It is one heck of a drastic change. Subtle but powerful in that subtlety.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #359
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Something worth noting. Maybe it's the end of the movie, maybe not, but when Thor lands in London, someone said he had those two scratches on his head. When he grabs Jane, shortly after, and looks up, it seems as if those cuts are faded, Godly durability? Or different scene? Cause it looked the same
Holy cow, I didn't even notice that. You're right!

Old 08-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #360
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

It's definitely the same scene, same set. He just heals that fast?

actually, it's not the same scene, seems like.

And regarding Surtur, I think he will be the main driving force behind this movie to be honest with you guys. In terms of the Dark Elves motives.

"Some believe, that before the universe..yada yada", sounds like a typical narration by Odin. I'd bet the movie opens with Odin's narration, and I bet he'll talk about this dark force, being Surtur. And here we are.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #361
seahammer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Quote:
It's definitely the same scene, same set. He just heals that fast?
Maybe we're just looking at in the wrong order. What if he lands, removes Jane from danger, then returns to fight the battle?

Old 08-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #362
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Maybe we're just looking at in the wrong order. What if he lands, removes Jane from danger, then returns to fight the battle?
Or maybe his earth trip is longer than we're thinking it is. I was thinking it was just a quick snatch and grab Jane, show Malekith who's boss, then Asgard. Maybe he stays on earth for a little longer than that. I remember from the first trailer, Jane wore black heeled boots but in this one she had on red wellies. He was obviously there long enough for her to change her shoes, maybe he was there long enough for the cuts to heal and for him to wipe the blood off.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #363
seahammer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Or maybe his earth trip is longer than we're thinking it is. I was thinking it was just a quick snatch and grab Jane, show Malekith who's boss, then Asgard. Maybe he stays on earth for a little longer than that. I remember from the first trailer, Jane wore black heeled boots but in this one she had on red wellies. He was obviously there long enough for her to change her shoes, maybe he was there long enough for the cuts to heal and for him to wipe the blood off.
Good point.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:49 PM   #364
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
I missed something here, what are we looking at?

Old 08-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #365
Bren
Forevernoob

You know the ant Loki and Fury were 'bantering' about in Avengers... I think I see the ant.

Old 08-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #366
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Loki has feet!

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 08-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #367
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichsRevenge View Post
I missed something here, what are we looking at?
Loki missed Thor's hand and cut off his big toe!

Old 08-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #368
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
lol dude, I don't know. I just want to enjoy the trailer, screw trying to analyze it, done lol.

I've gotten to involved with these movies as of late, I want to go in surprised.

Old 08-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #369
seahammer
Side-Kick

Quote:
lol dude, I don't know. I just want to enjoy the trailer, screw trying to analyze it, done lol.

I've gotten to involved with these movies as of late, I want to go in surprised.
haha fair enough!

Old 08-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #370
Loki882
Side-Kick

It appears that London is attacked at some point in the film. I think the reason Jane looks so bad is simply that she was caught up in the attack.

Old 08-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #371
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
It appears that London is attacked at some point in the film. I think the reason Jane looks so bad is simply that she was caught up in the attack.
It could be as simple as that :P

Old 08-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #372
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
It appears that London is attacked at some point in the film.
Really? What on Earth would give that away?

Old 08-09-2013, 04:36 PM   #373
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Really? What on Earth would give that away?
The large battle seemingly taking place in London?

Old 08-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #374
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
The large battle seemingly taking place in London?
There was a battle in London?!

Old 08-09-2013, 04:40 PM   #375
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
There was a battle in London?!
Not sure. The trailer was rather fuzzy on that.