The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 11:17 AM   #951
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Has Thor ever slept with She Hulk?
That honor only belongs to Cain Marko, Tony Stark, Hercules and every other man in the Marvel universe. Even .................... O.o Hulk (kissin Cousins) in Old Man Logan. Thor may be the only male character not to sleep with She Hulk.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 08-13-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #952
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

I was going to make a joke about Thor not wanting his bro Herc's sloppy seconds... but I see Smashlilman beat me to the punch.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:32 AM   #953
Loki882
Side-Kick

She Hulk being attracted to Hercules is a long running thing, so this is no surprise. Also, Thor is not exactly prudish when it comes to women. He's gotten ten times the action that Tony has.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #954
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
She Hulk being attracted to Hercules is a long running thing, so this is no surprise. Also, Thor is not exactly prudish when it comes to women. He's gotten ten times the action that Tony has.
Yes, well, the gods aren't exactly modest virgins. They're raging sexaholics.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:16 PM   #955
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Prepare to be disappointed. I'm calling it, the scene with street clothes Thor kissing Jane is at the end of the movie. Thor is going to leave Asgard for Earth to be with Jane, and set up his presence for Avengers 2.
you for this

Old 08-13-2013, 12:31 PM   #956
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

^ I bet Odin wipes Thor's memories just to be an *******. If that's the case.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 08-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #957
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
^ I bet Odin wipes Thor's memories just to be an *******. If that's the case.
And the plot thickens! Dun, dun dun!

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #958
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Why does Odin has to to be an A-Hole all the time? Why can't he just be a good guy?

Old 08-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #959
Thor Odinson
Mightiest Avenger

Exclamation Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
The first 2/3rds of Wolverine were SO GOOD. The last third was SO AWFUL. I will never understand why they chose to ruin that story when it was so close to being great.

That scene is far and away my favorite Thor moment in comics.
I'd say that's my 2nd favourite moment, with this being the 1st:

Old 08-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #960
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
Why does Odin has to to be an A-Hole all the time? Why can't he just be a good guy?
It's in Odin's contract with MARVEL!

But in all seriousness he often has to choose between the love and admiration of his son and the needs of Asgard. Plus it makes for good drama.

I actually think he's well played by Hopkins. Awesome casting. He was both stern but loving. Listen to THOR's commentary track. Brannaugh has some interdsting insights into the Thor/Odin dynamic.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #961
Crimson King
Throwing shade

Thorested Development!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Recent guest appearance on The Hodgepodge Podcast to discuss CA:TWS
Old 08-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #962
warriorking
Side-Kick

Quote:
Prepare to be disappointed. I'm calling it, the scene with street clothes Thor kissing Jane is at the end of the movie. Thor is going to leave Asgard for Earth to be with Jane, and set up his presence for Avengers 2.
I for one will not be disappointed if this happens, Portman has stated she would be happy to return for Thor 3 along with Hopkins.
It opens up the possibility of Odin's demise due to a yet to be named enemy and Thor's return as King with Jane as Queen, possibly even pregnant with Thor's baby...

Last edited by warriorking; 08-13-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #963
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorking View Post
I for one will not be disappointed if this happens, Portman has stated she would be happy to return for Thor 3 along with Hopkins.
It opens up the possibility of Odin's demise due to a yet to be named enemy and Thor's return as King with Jane as Queen, possibly even pregnant with Thor's baby...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Jane ever becomes a princess or queen in the comic books. I think that would be a bad way for the MCU to go. If Odin dies, either in this movie or the next one, I think Thor will return to Asgard, leave Jane behind (thankfully), and fall for Sif.

I just can't like the movie version of Jane.

Old 08-13-2013, 03:35 PM   #964
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
She is mortal-its impossible as she will be dead in a blink of an eye. I do not think that with this sciences = magic angle they will be able to grant her immortality as she belong to, a different species. And half-blood child probably will be mortal too so maybe romantic for some but too harsh for one party of the romance.

There is only way to get this romance the way some people want and its for Thor to forsake everything his people, legacy, responsibility and immortality for the love of the mortal woman. And this will be horrible thing to do.

Enjoy that romance while you can but do not make plans for kids, wedding and white fence. Not gonna happen.

Last edited by Moonwing; 08-13-2013 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #965
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
The first 2/3rds of Wolverine were SO GOOD. The last third was SO AWFUL. I will never understand why they chose to ruin that story when it was so close to being great.
I am right there with you.

Quote:
I don't expect it to happen in this film. Not a chance really. But I also most definitely expect a Thor 3.

Old 08-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #966
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I don't expect it to happen in this film. Not a chance really. But I also most definitely expect a Thor 3.
No it's happening in this film. They showed you the scene in the trailer. I'm more sure of that happening than I am on the fate of Loki.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #967
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
No it's happening in this film. They showed you the scene in the trailer. I'm more sure of that happening than I am on the fate of Loki.
Yep, I am 100% sure in this too. It will grant him easy way in Avengers 2 and will not be a copy of the first movie ending. And so in 3 movie (if it will be made) he will come back to Asgard.

It`s the them of the comic that he love both worlds and will not forsake one for another permanently (Thor can say that "I choose earth and my foot will never be set on Asgard again! but its just overly dramatic thing that in a nature of the character).

Old 08-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #968
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not sure what you mean? I am not talking about how TDW will end. I am sure he will be with Jane, whether he is on Earth or not. I am talking about Thor/Sif possibly happening in Thor 3.

On the Walt Simonson ponytail Thor, that could be the end of the film, or perhaps it is the first time he heads to Earth in TDW. What little we seems to know about the scene when Thor arrives to teleport Jane to Asgard, it might not be the first time they meet on Earth in this film.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #969
warriorking
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
She is mortal-its impossible as she will be dead in a blink of an eye. I do not think that with this sciences = magic angle they will be able to grant her immortality as she belong to, a different species. And half-blood child probably will be mortal too so maybe romantic for some but too harsh for one party of the romance.

There is only way to get this romance the way some people want and its for Thor to forsake everything his people, legacy, responsibility and immortality for the love of the mortal woman. And this will be horrible thing to do.

Enjoy that romance while you can but do not make plans for kids, wedding and white fence. Not gonna happen.
Thor is not going to forsake his responsibility as king when the time comes nor is he going to forsake Jane ..
As for the ability to prolong Jane's life I see this as easily within the power of the Asgardians especially the King..
I do not look for Jane to be swept aside just because she is mortal nor would Thor make a promise to return for her merely to throw her aside. He would know full well the limitations of the relationship.
Marvel has gone out of its way to develop this romance with a well known and important actress so I don't see them going down the it just won't work road anytime soon ...

Last edited by warriorking; 08-13-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #970
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Jane we eventually be "swept away" because she isn't Thor's main love interest. Clark doesn't end up with Lana. He ends up with Lois. Sif is Thor's Lois. It is Peter and MJ, not Peter and Gwen.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #971
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:

oh my God, yes. I want this to happen so bad you have no idea.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #972
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Jane we eventually be "swept away" because she isn't Thor's main love interest. Clark doesn't end up with Lana. He ends up with Lois. Sif is Thor's Lois. It is Peter and MJ, not Peter and Gwen.
The GA like myself prefer one couple. I even hated that they completely replaced whats-her-face in Transformers with whats-her-face in the third one. I dealt with it because I'm half in love with Optimus Prime but that has nothing to do with anything. I don't think they'll get rid of Jane. They made their choice on female lead and they have to make it work, besides being the most important Midgard character she gives humans a way to relate to Asgard and enables them to explain things to her/audience that we have no way of knowing.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:49 PM   #973
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Quote:

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 08-13-2013, 04:51 PM   #974
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
... why you try give me nightmare?

Old 08-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #975
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thor is not going to forsake his responsibility as king when the time comes nor is he going to forsake Jane ..
As for the ability to prolong Jane's life I see this as easily within the power of the Asgardians especially the King..
I do not look for Jane to be swept aside just because she is mortal nor would Thor make a promise to return for her merely to throw her aside and go with Sif.
Marvel has gone out of its way to develop this relationship so I don't see them going down the it just won't work road anytime soon...
If it was so easy they would make her immortal in comic - humans are not intended for such a long life and immortality sound cool only on paper.
She will go crazy probably in 100+ years or so - love do not solve every problem. Arven&Aragorn were happy, yes, but she suffered horribly and fade away after his demise.

Thats why I am strictly against mortal/immortal relationship trope in general - it romantic (not for me-hate it with passion) while it last but ends in tragedy in suffering.

I do not think they should, or would, change his love interest for Sif/Amora etc., maybe leave him single (like currently in comic) for a change?

And btw Thor have a romantic memory of a gold fish and is not known for a any semblance of fidelity - but known to make bold (and stupid) statements like "love of my life", "i will love you eternally" and "everything for your love" etc.to every lover in his life only to run away for adventure and forget about her next moment. Not even a boyfriend material and surely not husband one(in 2-3 thousands years maybe).

Closed Thread