The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #126
TayDee
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California
Posts: 549
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
Might just be that they want to lure Thor away from Asgard and/or that Jane has discovered something that they want.
I'm betting on that. Distract Thor and try to storm Odin's vault. Maybe that's why Frigga was seen fighting

TayDee is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #127
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
[
I see a touch of Predator
No, I must be lying, Rock will tell me so.
I will tell you you're lying if you don't see any resemblance to comic book Kurse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Really. This whole discussion of people not being able to tell it's Kurse because he looks nothing like his comic look is just plain idiotic. And it was all started by a couple posters that just don't get his changed look won't completely confuse the viewers, unlike it seems to be them.
Amen. It was inevitable it would happen though. These guys exists just to dispute the obvious.

Rock Sexton is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #128
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 26,922
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Really. This whole discussion of people not being able to tell it's Kurse because he looks nothing like his comic look is just plain idiotic. And it was all started by a couple posters that just don't get his changed look won't completely confuse the viewers, unlike it seems to be them.
Did someone say it would be confusing?

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #129
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 19,439
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Wait, what? people are saying that the general audience, who already doesn't know who Kurse is, will not know who is he is even more since he looks different?

__________________
Our life in this world...
to what shall I compare it?
It is like an echo
resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #130
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,073
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Before all the GOTG stuff came out I was in the camp that we'd get some kind of running connectivity to Thanos and The Other. Now, not so much ..... especially with Feige's comments about plans for him further down the rode. I've accepted the fact that he'll be a shadowy figure until GOTG is released and not getting the full experience of the guy until A3.
Exactly. I don't doubt if he's name dropped, or if they are bombarding Loki astrally. But he can't have a big role, being the driving force behind plot of this movie. As I said earlier, it's too much of an apparently long story arc crammed into one movie which takes place years before the conclusion of that story occurs. We knew Thanos was there in avengers, but with Avengers 2 being Ultron, his presence, his arc and scheme will probably start getting fleshed out in gotg, it's too early to put parts of that arc in Thor. Though I do think we'll hear of him a bit, but not enough for it to be relevant to the plot.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #131
Bren
Forevernoob
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,736
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
I will tell you you're lying if you don't see any resemblance to comic book Kurse.
And if I genuinely didn't see any resemblance to comic book Kurse and you did, I'd tell you to go swallow your ego (a nice way of saying go choke yourself ).

__________________
Batgod didn't make Bren hate Batgod.
Batgod fans make Bren hate Batgod.
Bren is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #132
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Who knows lol. If Thanos is building an empire, maybe it's just part of it?

I don't know, he probably doesn't send them. I'm just trying to find a way that makes Thanos irrelevant, yet there. What do you think the deal with the Marauders is? You think they are just there, the battle that is going on when the movie starts?

Could be.
I'm not eliminating the possibility. I was merely pointing out there's also a good possibility they don't have anything to do with Thanos. Based on what we've previously learned of the movie, the fight in Vanaheim is pretty early on and we know the realms have been tossed into chaos. Wouldn't think that a Thanos-inspired invasion would get defeated and the movie suddenly moves on to the Malekith stuff. Not to mention my previous statement about Feige's plans for Thanos.

We'll see though. I would love nothing more than for Thanos' involvement in this.


Last edited by Rock Sexton; 08-07-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Rock Sexton is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #133
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Wait, what? people are saying that the general audience, who already doesn't know who Kurse is, will not know who is he is even more since he looks different?
Nah, it was more of the "He's a power ranger" or "looks nothing at all like Kurse" ...... there are literally a couple of posters who think the spirit of the comic character is not there in the movie version. They said they'd have to be told it was him to know.

Rock Sexton is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #134
nevermay
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 13
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayDee View Post
I'm betting on that. Distract Thor and try to storm Odin's vault. Maybe that's why Frigga was seen fighting
Jane was already on Asgard at that point though, and logically, Thor would have been too-maybe they're just poor planners.

I'm on board with the humans having something/Jane knowing something that Malekith needs theory. Anything to keep her from just being a damsel in distress- I know she wouldn't keep up in a fight, but science! to help them out would be great too.

nevermay is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #135
itchyscratch
Side-Kick
 
itchyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 672
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Is anyone thinking that they might bypass Loki's trial and just mention it passing then shoot straight to Loki being imprisoned? I don't know whether they'll have any time to devote to a trial, even though I'd love to see Odin go all Judge Judy on Loki.

itchyscratch is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #136
TayDee
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California
Posts: 549
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermay View Post
Jane was already on Asgard at that point though, and logically, Thor would have been too-maybe they're just poor planners.

I'm on board with the humans having something/Jane knowing something that Malekith needs theory. Anything to keep her from just being a damsel in distress- I know she wouldn't keep up in a fight, but science! to help them out would be great too.
I'm not. I want Jane and Darcy gone.

TayDee is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #137
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,073
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
I will tell you you're lying if you don't see any resemblance to comic book Kurse.



Amen. It was inevitable it would happen though. These guys exists just to dispute the obvious.
I don't mean to intervene in this battle, but come on Rock, you're being a wee bit hard on these guys here. You aren't in their heads, and don't KNOW their intentions more than they do. People have a right to their opinions, if they really don't think they see the resemblance to Kurse, then they don't see it. And That's all it is, they don't see it.

We've pointed out what remains the same to us, and they don't agree. doesn't make them liars, we are all different people and see things differently. i don't understand how they can NOT see Kurse, but I don't think they are lying cause of it.

They see what they see, at the end of the day, that's what it is.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #138
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 26,922
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
Is anyone thinking that they might bypass Loki's trial and just mention it passing then shoot straight to Loki being imprisoned? I don't know whether they'll have any time to devote to a trial, even though I'd love to see Odin go all Judge Judy on Loki.
I don't think there will be a trial. Loki will simply be sentenced by Odin to spend his life imprisoned and that will be before the film starts.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #139
ares834
Side-Kick
 
ares834's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,224
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mighty_Thor View Post
Actually in this case it's pure semantics and actually both formulas are correct. If an object is traveling at a consistent speed and is not accelerating then mass x speed = force.
Nope. It's always F=MA. If the object is not accelerating (or decelerating) then there is no force. Even if the object is traveling at a constant velocity of hundreds of meters per second the summation of forces will be zero.

Mass x Velocity is linear momentum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mighty_Thor View Post
But it has to be proportional. Despite the much larger mass, which would actually be the mass of the whole body if you know how to punch properly, the human body doesn't move fast enough to balance the other side of the equation.
Think about. The mass of a human is thousands of times larger than a 9mm bullet. But a bullet does not travel a thousand times faster than a human punch.


Last edited by ares834; 08-07-2013 at 10:08 PM.
ares834 is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #140
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 26,922
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I don't mean to intervene in this battle, but come on Rock, you're being a wee bit hard on these guys here. You aren't in their heads, and don't KNOW their intentions more than they do. People have a right to their opinions, if they really don't think they see the resemblance to Kurse, then they don't see it. And That's all it is, they don't see it.

We've pointed out what remains the same to us, and they don't agree. doesn't make them liars, we are all different people and see things differently. i don't understand how they can NOT see Kurse, but I don't think they are lying cause of it.

They see what they see, at the end of the day, that's what it is.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #141
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,073
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
I'm not eliminating the possibility. I was merely pointing out there's also a good possibility they don't have anything to do with Thanos. Based on what we've previously learned of the movie, the fight in Vanaheim is pretty early on and we know the realms have been tossed into chaos. Wouldn't think that a Thanos-inspired invasion would get defeated and the movie suddenly moves on to the Malekith stuff. Not to mention my previous statement about Feige's plans for Thanos.

We'll see though. I would love nothing more than for Thanos' involvement in this.
Eh to be honest, I don't want him a part of it. Cause it would be too crowded.

Plus, at this point it is a bit too early.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #142
Thor Odinson
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 340
Thumbs up Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mighty_Thor View Post
B

Actually in this case it's pure semantics and actually both formulas are correct. If an object is traveling at a consistent speed and is not accelerating then mass x speed = force.



But it has to be proportional. Despite the much larger mass, which would actually be the mass of the whole body if you know how to punch properly, the human body doesn't move fast enough to balance the other side of the equation.
You're correct about the effect, mate. But,gotta remind you m x v is not Force, it's momentum (Force is its derivative with respect to time). Of course, the effect on a collision is determined by momentum, so your point still holds.

Thor Odinson is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #143
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 26,922
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

I wonder if the battle in Vanaheim is actually the opening off the film.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #144
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I don't mean to intervene in this battle, but come on Rock, you're being a wee bit hard on these guys here. You aren't in their heads, and don't KNOW their intentions more than they do. People have a right to their opinions, if they really don't think they see the resemblance to Kurse, then they don't see it. And That's all it is, they don't see it.

We've pointed out what remains the same to us, and they don't agree. doesn't make them liars, we are all different people and see things differently. i don't understand how they can NOT see Kurse, but I don't think they are lying cause of it.

They see what they see, at the end of the day, that's what it is.
OK either they're lying OR they're just the completely oblivious type. How's that?

I get irritated because it's this pervasive level of ignoring the obvious or nitpicking that seems to over-run these threads after we get something like a new trailer. For that I apologize ..... but alas it ruins my experience coming here to read up on one of my most anticipated movies.

Rock Sexton is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #145
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,073
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
Is anyone thinking that they might bypass Loki's trial and just mention it passing then shoot straight to Loki being imprisoned? I don't know whether they'll have any time to devote to a trial, even though I'd love to see Odin go all Judge Judy on Loki.
Absolutely. It would take up too much time. Especially if there was an issue on runtime.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #146
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I wonder if the battle in Vanaheim is actually the opening off the film.
That is what I recall reading about not too long ago.

Rock Sexton is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #147
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 26,922
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
OK either they're lying OR they're just the completely oblivious type. How's that?

I get irritated because it's this pervasive level of ignoring the obvious or nitpicking that seems to over-run these threads after we get something like a new trailer. For that I apologize ..... but alas it ruins my experience coming here to read up on one of my most anticipated movies.
You do realize that this became a long draw out thing because you didn't like that some don't agree? Also please stop with the insults. It is not necessary at all.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 10:09 PM   #148
nevermay
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 13
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayDee View Post
I'm not. I want Jane and Darcy gone.
Given how much the first movie was involved them, there really wasn't a way to NOT have them in this one without totally crippling the story, IMO.

Perhaps TDW will set up a scenario where they have less involvement in future films, but with Avengers being Earth's mightiest heroes and all, I'd say they would want to keep up the ties that bind Thor to earth storyline...

So since they're here for now, it would only benefit the movie to have them actually DO something productive and not be helpless females wringing their hands.

nevermay is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 10:09 PM   #149
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com
 
mkilban2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 3,432
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
You say that until T'Challa is played by Josh Groban.

I definitely get you. Film is a visual medium and I think look is important, but far from the be all end all.
Haha well if that's the case then I'll have a bone to pick with someone. But for another character like johnny storm I wasn't against the reports of a black actor possibly playing him. It's usually all context and proper interpretation to me. So far so good in my eyes

__________________
"1983: I was 14 years old and I still have a nanny.. that was weird!"

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 10:10 PM   #150
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 26,922
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
That is what I recall reading about not too long ago.
I now wonder if Thor's first appearance is his arrival by Bifrost. That would be pretty nice. He might be spending his days policing the realms.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.