The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 10:11 PM   #151
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
You do realize that this became a long draw out thing because you didn't like that some don't agree? Also please stop with the insults. It is not necessary at all.
It's not an insult. It is my "opinion". If they can't see that it is Kurse they are either lying because they want to knitpick the movie or they are just oblivious.

An insult would be if I KURSED at you or called you textbook names.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:12 PM   #152
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
It's not an insult. It is my "opinion". If they can't see that it is Kurse they are either lying because they want to knitpick the movie or they are just oblivious.

An insult would be if I KURSED at you or called your textbook names.
Calling someone either a liar or oblivious is an insult. It is and not necessary. You don't agree, fine. Are you determined to be "right" about this?

Old 08-07-2013, 10:12 PM   #153
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
I now wonder if Thor's first appearance is his arrival by Bifrost. That would be pretty nice. He might be spending his days policing the realms.
Thor Blart: Realm Cop

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 08-07-2013, 10:14 PM   #154
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
Instead of a helmet he can wear a police officer's hat. Maybe an old school British police officer one.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:14 PM   #155
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
OK either they're lying OR they're just the completely oblivious type. How's that?

I get irritated because it's this pervasive level of ignoring the obvious or nitpicking that seems to over-run these threads after we get something like a new trailer. For that I apologize ..... but alas it ruins my experience coming here to read up on one of my most anticipated movies.
Fair enough. Then just ignore it lol. I am a full blooded Italian, and it pisses me the **** off usually when people disagree with me as well, thor, being my most anticipated movie as well, I get what you are saying, but personally, I've tried to learn to be passive. Being a bit stubborn myself, to all the people who think he doesnt look like Kurse, I do think that they are wrong, and that my opinion is right, cause that's just how I am, but they have every right to think what they want, and I'm cool with that, which I why I've tried to stop talking about it.

I am sure it wasn't the whole Kurse thing that is irritating, it's probably just an added piece of an accumulating trend, I get that. Now I didn't read all of this argument, so I could be wrong, but it appears, if you just let them have their opinion and weren't so adamant about telling them that they are lying, then it probably would have ended sooner good sir, and you coulda happily been back on track.

Last edited by jaqua99; 08-07-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #156
Bren
Forevernoob

Whether I could recognise the guy as Kurse in a dark room with a blindfold on or confuse him with my admittedly monstrous grade 3 teacher standing side by side is irrelevant; trailer was great and November better get a bloody move on!

Old 08-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #157
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
That is what I recall reading about not too long ago.
Yeah, that's definitely been established

Quote:
I like that lol

Old 08-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #158
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Fair enough. Then just ignore it lol. I am a full blooded Italian, and it pisses me the **** off usually when people disagree with me as well, thor, being my most anticipated movie as well, I get what you are saying, but personally, I've tried to learn to be passive, and being a bit stubborn myself, to all the people who think he doesnt look like Kurse, I do think that they are wrong, and that my opinion is right, cause that's just how I am, but they have every right to think what they want, and I'm cool with that, which I why I've tried to stop talking about it.

I am sure it wasn't the whole Kurse thing that is irritating, it's probably just an added piece of an accumulating trend, I get that. Now I didn't read all of this argument, so I could be wrong, but it appears, if you just let them have their opinion and weren't so adamant about telling them that they are lying, then it probably would have ended sooner good sir, and you coulda happily been back on track.
I could understand if they sat there and said Galactus in FF2 didn't look anything like his comic counterpart.

They didn't say Kurse barely resembled the comics. They told me they wouldn't know who it was by looking at him.

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 08-07-2013 at 10:23 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #159
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Fair enough. Then just ignore it lol. I am a full blooded Italian, and it pisses me the **** off usually when people disagree with me as well, thor, being my most anticipated movie as well, I get what you are saying, but personally, I've tried to learn to be passive, and being a bit stubborn myself, to all the people who think he doesnt look like Kurse, I do think that they are wrong, and that my opinion is right, cause that's just how I am, but they have every right to think what they want, and I'm cool with that, which I why I've tried to stop talking about it.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #160
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Yeah, that's definitely been established
I've been scouring the interwebz for the last 30mins trying to find the quote.

But again, it supports my theory that the Marauder attack wouldn't be Thanos-related. That's just too important of a situation for it to be at the beginning, only to be glossed over as the Dark Elf stuffs erupts.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:22 PM   #161
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Oops double post

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!

Last edited by mkilban2; 08-07-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:23 PM   #162
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
I could understand if they sat there and said Galactus in FF2 didn't look anything like his comic counterpart. Those were their words though ..... they didn't say he barely resembled. They told me they wouldn't know who it was by looking at him.
I said if you didn't tell me he was in a Thor film. I'd probably couldn't tell you who he is. What is the world is so wrong with that?

Old 08-07-2013, 10:25 PM   #163
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
I thin mkilban2 might be glitched.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #164
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
I said if you didn't tell me he was in a Thor film. I'd probably couldn't tell you who he is. What is the world is so wrong with that?
I already told you. If you knew of Thor's "comic book" history with Malekith you would EXPECT the presence of Kurse ...... therefore the moment on screen when you see this massive character accompanying Malekith with arching horns out of his head and big ol' broad shoulders you shouldn't have such a hard time putting the pieces together.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #165
Hunter Rider
Ronin

The trailer was ok, the thing I liked most about it was that a lot of the movie seems to take place off Earth.

Btw what was that huge thing Thor owned at the end?

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 08-07-2013, 10:27 PM   #166
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
I thin mkilban2 might be glitched.
Just so clever I had to post twice! !

..but really just my poopy phone

Old 08-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #167
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
I already told you. If you knew of Thor's "comic book" history with Malekith you would EXPECT the presence of Kurse ...... therefore the moment on screen when you see this massive character accompanying Malekith with arching horns out of his head and big ol' broad shoulders you shouldn't have such a hard time putting the pieces together.
I don't think you ever told me that. Also, you are missing my point. By placing him in the context of a Thor film, then I think I'd eventually get it. Probably pretty quickly.

I specifically said I need the context of a Thor film. What is hard to understand about that?

Old 08-07-2013, 10:30 PM   #168
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
The trailer was ok, the thing I liked most about it was that a lot of the movie seems to take place off Earth.

Btw what was that huge thing Thor owned at the end?
One of the stone men from the original Thor comic .... a Kronan.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #169
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
I don't think you ever told me that. Also, you are missing my point. By placing him in the context of a Thor film, then I think I'd eventually get it. Probably pretty quickly.

I specifically said I need the context of a Thor film. What is hard to understand about that?
You understand your comment about "context" literally makes no sense right? If we're just taking the movie at face value without ever drawing upon the comic book, how do we even know who Malekith is?

Old 08-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #170
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I could understand if they sat there and said Galactus in FF2 didn't look anything like his comic counterpart.

They didn't say Kurse barely resembled the comics. They told me they wouldn't know who it was by looking at him.
Then they wouldn't know. All context clues aside, save being a Thor movie, they wouldn't be able to tell it's Kurse. What I got, is that if they were told "this" guy, is in a thor movie, just looking at a picture of him, with say, white background, then they wouldn't know who it was. You would. I would, others would, they wouldn't. And that's all. Again, if it goes beyond solely physical appearance, okay, but again, its okay that they wouldn't know man lol don't let it bother you, swallow it up, say, it is what it is, and just move on.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:34 PM   #171
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I've been scouring the interwebz for the last 30mins trying to find the quote.

But again, it supports my theory that the Marauder attack wouldn't be Thanos-related. That's just too important of a situation for it to be at the beginning, only to be glossed over as the Dark Elf stuffs erupts.
You find it? lol

Old 08-07-2013, 10:34 PM   #172
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
One of the stone men from the original Thor comic .... a Kronan.
Cool, thanks.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 08-07-2013, 10:35 PM   #173
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
You find it? lol
Nah not yet. Determination is still high though. LOL

Old 08-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #174
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Kurse is now my least favorite character ... I've read enough talk about him for two lifetimes haha... can't we talk about the 200 other cool things in the trailer now?

Old 08-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #175
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Ahh repost again.. bedtime

Closed Thread