Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 01:35 AM   #76
SpideyFan866
1959 - 2014

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
^ Yes. That's why I prefer cloth, but with Arkham EARS. Adding some texture to this design would make it perfect, IMO.
Take that, adapt it/execute it like this.....

.... And you would have reached perfection.

Old 08-10-2013, 01:42 AM   #77
D.P.
Dead Presidents.

I find it funny how people are so in love with that Nite Owl suit, but hate on "unnecessary" seams.

I don't have a problem with it, just saying.

Just know that before you make a "Double Penetration" joke, it's been done.

Also, please tell us how incompetent Snyder and Goyer are. Repeatedly. We didn't hear you the first 56 times.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:46 AM   #78
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P. View Post
I find it funny how people are so in love with that Nite Owl suit, but hate on "unnecessary" seams.

I don't have a problem with it, just saying.
I think if it were Batman's suit, that people would care more about unnecessary seams. I think the main reason its posted is because its a good material and it makes trunks not look ridiculous, and kind of gives an idea of how a Snyder batsuit could look

Old 08-10-2013, 02:02 AM   #79
SilentWarriorZ
Side-Kick

The Nite Owl suit is quite an good example of how batmans suit can be with Trunks .
what I think Batman suit needs to be more agile and having a bluish shine would do good not needed to be always dark and grey also it should be comfortable during fight scenes .

Old 08-10-2013, 02:09 AM   #80
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
And removing the outer-undies.
What is it with you anti-trunks people and your obsession with getting rid of the trunks? Every time someone posts a pic or makes a suggestion of a suit with the trunks, one of you inevitably pipes up with "yeah, but get rid of the trunks". It's like you have an abnormal compunction to constantly bring up your disdain for them. I don't get what the big deal is. Why are you people so obsessed?

*splat*
Old 08-10-2013, 03:30 AM   #81
D.P.
Dead Presidents.

I don't mind either way as long as it looks good.

But to play devil's advocate, why does Batman need trunks?

Because of tradition?

Also, please tell us how incompetent Snyder and Goyer are. Repeatedly. We didn't hear you the first 56 times.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:51 AM   #82
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Yes, it's essentially the comic suit in some ways, but looking at something on the page in 2D can only go so far.
I can see why people think this way, but I don't think the video game renders are any better as a guide to how a live action costume might work, because they can make all the same "cheats" as a drawing in a comicbook. For example, the neck area, which is seemingly so problematic for costume designers, can simply be designed to look like a muscular human neck covered by skin-tight fabric, all of it being completely flexible. Similarly, human musculature can simply be drawn as if it bulges through whatever armour is supposed to form the costume.

The costume designer has to deal with an actual human body and actual fabrics. For that reason, I find a 2d design that clearly represents realistic anatomy and shows fabric working in a plausible fashion, to be more informative than a video game render.

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
Old 08-10-2013, 06:04 AM   #83
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
I don't mind either way as long as it looks good.

But to play devil's advocate, why does Batman need trunks?

Because of tradition?
Sure, why not? It's as good a reason as any, surely better than the reason usually given for no trunks by those who don't like them (IE. "The trunks look stupid" ) Maybe also because some of us think it looks better with them than without them.

*splat*
Old 08-10-2013, 06:24 AM   #84
BrlntDsgse
Side-Kick

Nothing against the classic comic look, but I hope they do something close to Batman '89...NOT material wise, since bulky rubber would be horrible, but design-wise. I've always thought that, flexibility/movement issues aside, the 2 Burton films had the best looking DESIGN for Batman(Begins looked pretty damn good too)...the all jet-black look and the lack of unecessary seams, straps, and techiness is just striking and really helped to enhance the whole "creature of the night" angle. I love the Arkham games, but the suit(other than the fantastic looking cowl) suffers from the same issues as the TDK/DKR suit...it's too damn busy. Ask yourself, if you were one of those crooks from the opening scene of B89, and the Keaton Batman came outta the shadows at you...you might HONESTLY BELIEVE that some supernatural creature was about to straight-up END YOU. But that same situation, but with either the Arkham or TDK Batman showed up...you might very well be scared that you're about to catch a can of whoop-ass, but you're not gonna be under any illusion that this guy is supernatural, you'll probably be thinking "Damn, this guy spends WAY too much time at the military surplus store."

Old 08-10-2013, 07:11 AM   #85
D.P.
Dead Presidents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
I can see why people think this way, but I don't think the video game renders are any better as a guide to how a live action costume might work, because they can make all the same "cheats" as a drawing in a comicbook. For example, the neck area, which is seemingly so problematic for costume designers, can simply be designed to look like a muscular human neck covered by skin-tight fabric, all of it being completely flexible. Similarly, human musculature can simply be drawn as if it bulges through whatever armour is supposed to form the costume.

The costume designer has to deal with an actual human body and actual fabrics. For that reason, I find a 2d design that clearly represents realistic anatomy and shows fabric working in a plausible fashion, to be more informative than a video game render.
True, they do make some of the same cheats/shortcuts, that's why I said changes would be necessary. I agree.

Luckily, we have had designers do all the hard work and trail blaze for us so that we don't have to.

Thank whoever came up with that move-able neck.

Arkham suit on a realistically proportioned human being with a move-able neck area and downsized gauntlets and boots? Still not willing to come to the dark side?

Last edited by D.P.; 08-10-2013 at 07:15 AM.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:14 AM   #86
D.P.
Dead Presidents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
Sure, why not? It's as good a reason as any, surely better than the reason usually given for no trunks by those who don't like them (IE. "The trunks look stupid" ) Maybe also because some of us think it looks better with them than without them.
Like I said, I'm not against them, but I'm not diehard for them either.

Arguments for both sides seem to be preference and not any real tangible reason.

The Nite Owl costume has shown they can look decent, but they also aren't needed. I can see how people would think the appearance of Batman wearing underwear on the outside of his pants is a dated look.

I won't get in the trunk debate, I'm just curious lol.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:23 AM   #87
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
What is it with you anti-trunks people and your obsession with getting rid of the trunks? Every time someone posts a pic or makes a suggestion of a suit with the trunks, one of you inevitably pipes up with "yeah, but get rid of the trunks". It's like you have an abnormal compunction to constantly bring up your disdain for them. I don't get what the big deal is. Why are you people so obsessed?
With all due respect, why are you people (mostly you) so obsessed WITH the trunks? If people here have an "abnormal compunction" to bring up their disdain for the trunks, it seems you have the same compunction to bring up your love/support for them.

We discussed possible reasoning for your semi-trunk fetish the other day being a Batman fan for several decades, etc), but do you really have to make yourself the Trunks Cheerleader in this thread, coming to the defense of the trunks almost every time someone brings them up? Not worth your time, IMO. Like I said before, I do feel sorry for you that you will most likely never see the trunks on a live action Batman for the remainder of your lifetime, but that's something you should be able to make peace with. You should also accept the fact that you will simply not find many pro-trunks people around here, and most folks have their own reasons as to why they share that opinion.

If you can embrace the trunks for purely aesthetic reasons (you like the way they look, 'there doesn't need to be a reason for them', it's traditional for Batman), it seems other fans should be able to reject them for the same or similar reasons (they dislike the way they look, there's hardly a reason for them, little too old fashioned for Batman, etc).

No big deal either way, IMO. All depends on how good of an overall design they come up with. With Superman's new suit in MOS, I thought the design was so solid (and surprisingly simple) that his trunks were not missed whatsoever. It might wind up being the same case with Batman this time around.

michael1975 on Superman/Batman movie -

"I no longer care. I am so utterly disappointed it's not even funny. When movie comes out and his horrible I'm going to come back here and laugh and say "I told you so"."
Old 08-10-2013, 09:18 AM   #88
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Yeah, I suppose you're right, it really isn't big deal after all. I do realize I probably need to just leave it be whenever someone says something about it. Despite appearances, I am coming round a bit with some of the trunkless designs like the MOS suit and the "New 52" suits. I would still like to see the suit with the trunks done up proper in a live action feature someday, I ain't given up on it yet after some fifty years of being a Bat-fan. I'll live without it in the meantime. Next time someone says "get rid of the trunks", I'll bite my tongue and try my best to deal with it. It is quite a silly thing to get upset about, I will dmit.

*splat*
Old 08-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #89
SpideyFan866
1959 - 2014

Let's never travel this path again.

Old 08-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #90
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

It's so big. It's like the character expects to be perforated with Machine Guns.

Blaming the costume designer

Old 08-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #91
Ghost Ridin'
The Valur Fog

I'm thinking we'll get something like this.
I recolored the suit and I tried to get rid of the shine but I'm rusty to say the least.
Also tried to make it look like he wears contacts. I think they could say they're highly advanced and allow him to scan the environment or something, "detective vision." Since I didn't like the lens from TDK, cause he needs to blink and emote to be intimidating.

"Kiff what's my disability called"- Zap Branigan
"Sexlexsia"- Kiff

Last edited by Ghost Ridin'; 08-10-2013 at 01:32 PM. Reason: photo won't stay put
Old 08-10-2013, 01:22 PM   #92
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Yeah, I suppose you're right, it really isn't big deal after all. I do realize I probably need to just leave it be whenever someone says something about it. Despite appearances, I am coming round a bit with some of the trunkless designs like the MOS suit and the "New 52" suits. I would still like to see the suit with the trunks done up proper in a live action feature someday, I ain't given up on it yet after some fifty years of being a Bat-fan. I'll live without it in the meantime. Next time someone says "get rid of the trunks", I'll bite my tongue and try my best to deal with it. It is quite a silly thing to get upset about, I will dmit.
Exactly, mate. The New 52 overall is a great starting poit for this next Batman suit. It still retains his classic look, even without the trunks. It looks natural and doesn't feel weird that he's missing them. Yes, he's missing them...but he's not really "missing" them, if you know what I mean. The lack of trunks is the product of Batman's evolution from century to century, and if that the most drastic design change we've seen from Batman's evolution, them I'm quite a happy camper. A welcome change for many (myself included), whereas a chunk of the fan base still prefers the trunks.

I hate to say "You can't please everyone" but it's entirely true. We all have our own idea of what the perfect Batman suit would be, We all have different aesthetic elements in mind for what a Batman suit should look like, and we might never see our "vision" of Batman full rendered on screen. Instead, what were going to get is someone else's vision if Batman...and it's going to be awesome to see what they come up with this time around.

We can only hope this new suit nails some of the things we've been waiting for, but it's impossible to predict exactly what they're going to come up with. This period of time for us fans discussing the new Batauit is sort of a lose-lose scenarios, much as it is with predicting the new Batman actor. We truly cannot make an accurate prediction and we cannot all be satisfied with what we get. It is quite sad, but exciting nonetheless.

michael1975 on Superman/Batman movie -

"I no longer care. I am so utterly disappointed it's not even funny. When movie comes out and his horrible I'm going to come back here and laugh and say "I told you so"."
Old 08-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #93
A&W
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Ridin' View Post
I recolored the suit and I tried to get rid of the shine but I'm rusty to say the least.
Also tried to make it look like he wears contacts. I think they could say they're highly advanced and allow him to scan the environment or something, "detective vision." Since I didn't like the lens from TDK, cause he needs to blink and emote to be intimidating.
can't see anything

Old 08-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #94
Ghost Ridin'
The Valur Fog

Weird its showing up for me.

"Kiff what's my disability called"- Zap Branigan
"Sexlexsia"- Kiff
Old 08-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #95
A&W
Side-Kick

Before it wasn't showing

Old 08-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #96
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Ridin' View Post
I actually think that's even worse than the TDK(R) original. At least the horrible segmented design was somewhat concealed when the rubber was dark, murky grey-black.

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
Old 08-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #97
batsone
expletive deleted

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...0#post17383000
Old 08-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #98
Saint
The Devil's Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Since Saint's Batman manip of the Captain America Avengers suit was posted in the last thread, I thought I'd post some of others...

Saint's manip...

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=474
Someone said my name, so I did appear.

Saw this in the previous thread:

Uh, sign me up, please. Josh Brolin and all. Maybe slap an oval on it.

Also? Hilarious this, hilarious that, I win and you lose.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #99
fixxxer1022
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
^ Yes. That's why I prefer cloth, but with Arkham EARS. Adding some texture to this design would make it perfect, IMO.

this suit is perfect. and NO they don't need to loose the trunks.

Old 08-10-2013, 10:21 PM   #100
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
Someone said my name, so I did appear.

Saw this in the previous thread:

Uh, sign me up, please. Josh Brolin and all. Maybe slap an oval on it.
This is the original art...

http://nebezial.deviantart.com/gallery/

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Closed Thread