Gambit 5 10.42%
Multiple Man 3 6.25%
All of the above 4 8.33%
None! 7 14.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2017, 08:53 PM   #1
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Dry Which Branch of FoxVerse should continue once Disney gets all the rights?

I wish I could say none. But I'd be shook if Deadpool gets rebooted in the MCU after the merger.

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:43 PM   #2
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: Which Branch of FoxVerse should continue once Disney gets all the rights?

Deadpool is it. And it's the only one that makes sense.

KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:49 PM   #3
SAUspartan
Banned User

Default Re: Which Branch of FoxVerse should continue once Disney gets all the rights?

All of them!

SAUspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:51 PM   #4
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Deadpool is a maybe. I actually don't think Feige would like it, but if Disney thinks it is another franchise that makes lots of money for small investment, they will be game.

However, as I doubt New Mutants will be a big money maker (though I'd be happy to be proven wrong), it probably won't get any sequels, even if it is good and well received. The rest, including X-Force, is doomed.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:52 PM   #5
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Oh I read that wrong, I saw "could" instead of "should."

Shame, I would have definitely voted for New Mutants and Laura/X-23 as well. Rats.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:55 PM   #6
SAUspartan
Banned User

New Mutants better get a 2nd and 3rd. and X-23 better get a hard R. And we better get X-Force. Disney will feel my wrath if we don’t.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:06 PM   #7
psylockolussus
Fierce User

I voted for none. Marvel Studios is such a juggernait, they don't need to keep the Deadpool series running for Disney to earn more money. And I am not a Deadpool fan at all so it's not a loss for me. Colossus should be utilized in a X-Men film and I would hate it if the MCU can't use Colossus because hes appearing in a Deadpool 3 or Deadpool 4 film. I also disliked the look of Domino.

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:19 PM   #8
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUspartan View Post
New Mutants better get a 2nd and 3rd. and X-23 better get a hard R. And we better get X-Force. Disney will feel my wrath if we don’t.
I'm sure they are trembling in their boots.

Kahran Ramsus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:25 PM   #9
Leo Zelinsky
Mutie

None

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love.
Leo Zelinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:37 AM   #10
SAUspartan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I voted for none. Marvel Studios is such a juggernait, they don't need to keep the Deadpool series running for Disney to earn more money. And I am not a Deadpool fan at all so it's not a loss for me. Colossus should be utilized in a X-Men film and I would hate it if the MCU can't use Colossus because hes appearing in a Deadpool 3 or Deadpool 4 film. I also disliked the look of Domino.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahran Ramsus View Post
I'm sure they are trembling in their boots.
They will be!

Old 12-14-2017, 01:08 AM   #11
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Why?

Deadpool would be the easiest logistically? Why? Deadpool already has little connection to the current X-Men films as it stands already. The X-Men in the Deadpool films are not the ones in the X-Men films

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:49 AM   #12
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Deadpool. That's it. Deadpool's continuity within the FOXverse was loose anyway (were they even REALLY connected? We had different actors as the X-Men in the movie), so we can retro fit it and he is so meta that Deadpool can ignore or make fun of any inconsistencies. Everything else? Good while it lasted, now scrap it and start fresh.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:22 AM   #13
imfinewithit
Side-Kick

Only Deadpool. New Mutants would have to be absolutely incredible, make a crazy amount of money and not connect to the FoX-verse at all to even have a shot at going forward.

I have to say I feel a bit bad for the Gambit people. They've been developing that project for years, it's months away from going into production and now I'd be shocked if it isn't completely scrapped.

imfinewithit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:54 AM   #14
kevork89
Side-Kick

I’m sure Disney would wanna keep Tatum on. So his Gambit still could happen. He’s a pretty major star and he could easily fit in with the rest of their lineup.

kevork89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:46 AM   #15
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Deadpool. With Jackman retiring from Wolverine, Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool is the only true star of the Fox-Verse.

Old 12-14-2017, 08:48 AM   #16
Random490
Side-Kick

I'm willing to bet any project not far enough along in production will be canned. So X-23, The New Mutants film, Gambit, and Multiple Man are most likely done or completely reworked. I can see Ryan Reynolds returning, not sure if They would want another Deadpool movie or just have the character bounce around. I would love a third Deadpool flick and to see X-force, I felt they had a lot of possibilities. If Disney want to keep the Studio open to produce more r rated films under that name then maybe.

I'd like a clean break, I really want to see what a MCU X-men film looks like. I wouldn't mind some actors returning but that may seem too confusing to the audience. As sad as it is for all the actors and crew getting excited for the work I'm interested in what comes next.

Random490 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:50 AM   #17
rebellion
Side-Kick

Quote:
disney better get ready for that wrath of yours

rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:24 AM   #18
The Infernal
Spinning Fidgeter

Deadpool. Recast the X-verse and absorb Deadpool into the MCU (with a loose meta continuity).

As a Gambit fan I think the current movie could be halted before it even shoots and instead make a Gambit film in the MCU.

The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:55 AM   #19
Darth_Spock
Side-Kick

Deadpool only.

A clean reboot for everything else.

Darth_Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:05 AM   #20
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

I feel like all but Multiple Man should continue. Rework MM into an X-Factor film.

Old 12-14-2017, 10:13 AM   #21
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Looks like Deadpool will continue as an R-rated property.

But Marvel would be mad not to use Colossus from the Deadpool movies. He looks completely comic accurate and a much better version than Singer ever did in his movies. I don't see Marvel improving upon Colossus apart from giving him a different costume. The rest of the design is perfect.

Old 12-14-2017, 10:14 AM   #22
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Deadpool could easily slide into the mcu. Have they finished filming deadpool 2 yet? Cause i wouldn't be suprised if they don't put an easter egg in the film if not.

An r rated film doesn't fit with the current mcu. But Deadpool is it's own thing really. Feige could always change his mind and expand it. We've seen that more adult cbms can be popular no reason marvel can't make them, they do so for the tv shows (which i would love to see be given over to feige aswell).

Lilbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:19 AM   #23
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Deadpool can be like the Netflix Marvel heroes. They seem to exist in their own little bubble and while there's mention from their end of the wider MCU, there isn't the same two-way traffic in Avengers films etc.

It's difficult to blend Deadpool with anyone else anyway. Even if he remained at Fox with the X-Men, those two properties are hard to merge since DP breaks the fourth wall and the others don't. They're two different and distinct styles. It can work in a DP film, but having DP in a different film isn't so easy because you might have to change him considerably.

So best to leave him mostly solo.

Old 12-14-2017, 10:20 AM   #24
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Deadpool can be like the Netflix Marvel heroes. They seem to exist in their own little bubble and while there's mention from their end of the wider MCU, there isn't the same two-way traffic in Avengers films etc.

It's difficult to blend Deadpool with anyone else anyway. Even if he remained at Fox with the X-Men, those two properties are hard to merge since DP breaks the fourth wall and the others don't. They're two different and distinct styles. It can work in a DP film, but having DP in a different film isn't so easy because you might have to change him considerably.

So best to leave him mostly solo.

This r-rated branch Iger proposes will definitely work this way. The main MCU may be referenced in it, but they won't effect the larger MCU outside of their little bubble. Just like Netflix and the TV shows.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:23 AM   #25
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

I hope if Iger does open up an R-rated Marvel Knights branch, that we can see movie versions of the Netflix series too like Daredevil, Punisher (that better not be as slow ), Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Elektra etc.

While it's good seeing them develop over the course of 13 episodes, I sometimes want to see a faster-paced action story. They can surely put out a movie of one of these like they did for the X-Files in between seasons. it doesn't even need to be marketed as a big blockbuster movie but more of a smaller crime drama just put out by the same studio.