The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 08-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #51
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Default Re: What if it flops?

Man of Steel maybe?

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #52
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

If Superman/Batman flops, they could possibly sell the film rights to another studio.

No more in house DC films.

Or worse, Warners will give up on DC entirely and sell it to Disney.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 08-09-2013 at 07:33 AM.
SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:35 AM   #53
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

There is more chance of my A** being batman than this movie flopping. Seriously two iconic Heroes in one film? That's sure to make money.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:42 AM   #54
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
There is more chance of my A** being batman than this movie flopping. Seriously two iconic Heroes in one film? That's sure to make money.
Exactly. Hence why my response to "If it flops" is so extreme.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 08-09-2013, 07:45 AM   #55
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
If Superman/Batman flops, they could possibly sell the film rights to another studio.

No more in house DC films.

Or worse, Warners will give up on DC entirely and sell it to Disney.
Like sell character rights separately? It's an awful mess with Marvel films as three different studios are creating three different Cinematic Universes with their properties. Is there a similar situation for DC as I hear the T.V Arrow can't appear in Live Action Films and vice versa.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Old 08-09-2013, 07:47 AM   #56
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

If they were to sell the rights, I doubt any studio would take them separately. And mainly because of Marvel's situation.

At one point, Marvel had a character at almost every major studio besides Warners.

They have only in the last decade gotten most of them. There are only 3 franchises left out there. Spider-Man, X-Men, and Fantastic Four.

So yeah, if Warners were to sell the DC film and/or character rights, it would have to be wholesale. All or nothing.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 08-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #57
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

And actually, there TV characters CAN appear in the films, but so far, Warners has chosen not to go that route.

Though, it is rumored that they may be tying their Arrow tv show to the new movieverse.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 08-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #58
jmc
callin' it like I see it

I get the feeling Marvel are not going to get back those 3 franchise for a very, very long time - if ever. Maybe F4.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:06 AM   #59
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Yeah you gotta think there's so much riding on this. WB is gonna be breathing down Snyder's neck to not **** this up.

Smallville13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #60
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
I get the feeling Marvel are not going to get back those 3 franchise for a very, very long time - if ever. Maybe F4.
Essentially. If they have any chance to use them in the foreseeable future, it'll be by sharing the characters.

And that's not to say Marvel hasn't offered. They offered that to Fox with Galactus and Silver Surfer, and thanks to Joss Whedon, Spidey almost got brought into the MCU last year. Albeit via easter egg.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 08-09-2013, 08:10 AM   #61
Fedor
Side-Kick

Damn, i canīt wait for the first teaser to be released! People will go bananas for sure!

SSuperman and Batman on the bigscreen together, jesus effing christ!

Fedor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #62
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Essentially. If they have any chance to use them in the foreseeable future, it'll be by sharing the characters.

And that's not to say Marvel hasn't offered. They offered that to Fox with Galactus and Silver Surfer, and thanks to Joss Whedon, Spidey almost got brought into the MCU last year. Albeit via easter egg.
On the Avengers Blu-Ray was there not a reference to Empire State University in Item 47? Didn't MS want to reference it in TIH but Sony didn't let them at that time? I remember Kevin Feige mentioning that Sony and Marvel have a healthy relationship but it's awkward between them and FOX (think about the Quicksilver fiasco)

Old 08-09-2013, 08:29 AM   #63
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
On the Avengers Blu-Ray was there not a reference to Empire State University in Item 47? Didn't MS want to reference it in TIH but Sony didn't let them at that time? I remember Kevin Feige mentioning that Sony and Marvel have a healthy relationship but it's awkward between them and FOX (think about the Quicksilver fiasco)
Yeah. Its definitely awkward between Fox and Marvel. Fox has always been less willing to do dealings with Marvel. But Sony and Marvel have a really good relationship. Especially since Marvel, more or less, bailed them out by buying the merchandising rights.

As far as that Item 47 easter egg goes, that was kinda one Marvel snuck in.

But the one Joss Whedon wanted for Avengers (and ASM) would've sealed the deal. He wanted to use Oscorp Tower in The Avengers. And in in turn, Stark/Avengers Tower would've appeared in The Amazing Spider-Man. Sony and Marvel were on board for this, but unfortunately, the timing was off and the Oscorp tower cg model wasn't finished in time for inclusion in The Avengers.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 08-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #64
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Yeah. Its definitely awkward between Fox and Marvel. Fox has always been less willing to do dealings with Marvel. But Sony and Marvel have a really good relationship. Especially since Marvel, more or less, bailed them out by buying the merchandising rights.

As far as that Item 47 easter egg goes, that was kinda one Marvel snuck in.

But the one Joss Whedon wanted for Avengers (and ASM) would've sealed the deal. He wanted to use Oscorp Tower in The Avengers. And in in turn, Stark/Avengers Tower would've appeared in The Amazing Spider-Man. Sony and Marvel were on board for this, but unfortunately, the timing was off and the Oscorp tower cg model wasn't finished in time for inclusion in The Avengers.
I hope that Sony don't try and make a poor man's MCU.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #65
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Back on Topic if it flops then I'm sure WB will just give up

Old 08-09-2013, 09:27 AM   #66
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

HA! that will be the day.

Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #67
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:

I can see some form of studio agreement in the future whereby characters are shared (for $$$ of course). But there's too much money in the SM and Xmen franchises for Sony and Fox to give up. I've heard suggestions that Disney just write those companies a check to get those characters back but I honestly don't think Disney would fork over the coin given Avengers wiped the floor with both of those franchises. Plus Disney finally have the male demographic they've wanted for years so there's no real need to spend anymore.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:37 AM   #68
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Back on Topic if it flops then I'm sure WB will just give up
It'll be just Batman for the next 10 years.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #69
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

No , they wont just abandon Superman.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #70
T"Challa
Side-Kick

It won't flop financially, and thats all that matters to the studio really. If it tanks critically, then we might just see a bunch of Batman movies for a long time.

1. The Avengers 2. The Dark Knight 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier . 4.X-Men:DOFP 5. Guardians Of The Galaxy 6.Spiderman 2 7. X2: X Men United. 8. Iron Man 9. Batman Begins. 10. X-Men: First Class
T"Challa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #71
Rorschach2012
$

It won't flop, but Goyer and Snyder might not come up with the best story...It'll make at least 700 m ww. I'm guessing it'll make 1B+

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #72
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

If it succeeded financially ,then I doubt a critical drubbing would lead to going all Batman all the time .

Old 08-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #73
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
It'll be just Batman for the next 10 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
It won't flop financially, and thats all that matters to the studio really. If it tanks critically, then we might just see a bunch of Batman movies for a long time.
So it's looking like the fanatical Batman fans are going to boycott the film so that the WB only makes Batman films from now on. That shows you how much they really care about the other DC heroes.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #74
Loki882
Side-Kick

It won't flop, simple as that. Even if the movie is complete crap, it's Superman and Batman in the same movie, it will make lots of money. Transformers 2/3 were garbage, but each made well over a billion dollars.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #75
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
It won't flop, simple as that. Even if the movie is complete crap, it's Superman and Batman in the same movie, it will make lots of money. Transformers 2/3 were garbage, but each made well over a billion dollars.
Transformers 2 did not make well over a billion dollars. It didn't even make a billion dollars.