The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man Sequels

View Poll Results: Who's the next villain
Venom 1 3.23%
Carnage 1 3.23%
Shocker 0 0%
Vulture 5 16.13%
Sin-Eater 0 0%
Kraven 3 9.68%
Mysterio 11 35.48%
Spider-Slayer 1 3.23%
Scorpion 2 6.45%
Doc Ock 3 9.68%
Chameleon 2 6.45%
Beetle 0 0%
Tombstone 0 0%
Hobgoblin 1 3.23%
Hydro-Man 0 0%
Kingpin 1 3.23%
Jackal 0 0%
Sandman 0 0%
Silvermane 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #26
Blake II
Banned User

Th Eek Re: Future villains in ASM3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I just wanted to opt for a cast list for these guys:

Venom - Garret Hedlund

Carnage - Giovanni Ribisi

Doc Ock - Kevin Spacey

Kraven - Javier Bardem

Chameleon - Mads Mikkelsen

Mysterio - Joaquin Phoenix

Vulture - Colm Feore

Sandman - Joel Edgerton

Scorpion - Nathan Fillion

Shocker - Jason Statham

Some of those names might be pretty big... But I tried to choose smaller names as the characters become less integral/less infamous.
That's a pretty damn near perfect list of actors who should play those villains

Blake II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #27
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

Default Re: Future villains in ASM3?

Green Goblin, Vulture, and Scorpion for ASM3.

Sinister Six for ASM4.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:20 AM   #28
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake II View Post
That's a pretty damn near perfect list of actors who should play those villains
Thanks!

pr0xyt0xin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #29
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Scorpion is unlikely. He would be the muscle replacement for Sandman, but it's likely that that is what Rhino will be.

I can't see both Rhino and Scorpion.

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #30
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

I just hope the next film (and this one) doesn't overdose on villain team-ups.

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #31
Super Jim
Side-Kick

By using 2-3 films to set-up a team (similar to what Avengers did, but this time it's a team of villains), it could totally work!

Old 09-04-2013, 12:50 PM   #32
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
Scorpion is unlikely. He would be the muscle replacement for Sandman, but it's likely that that is what Rhino will be.

I can't see both Rhino and Scorpion.
If theres a Scorpion it should be beyond Sinister Six. After or apart from. Same with Shocker.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:01 PM   #33
Sym
Side-Kick

My dream villain list for the franchise would be:

Movie #3 - Green Goblin
Movie #4 - Doc Ock
Movie #5 - Mysterio and Chameleon (Chameleon would be a small character + die at the end)
Movie #6 - Begins with Vulture and later the Sinister Six is formed (Lizard, Electro, Rhino, Doc Ock, Mysterio and Vulture - Doc Ock or/and Lizard would die)
Movie #7 - Venom and Black Cat as a small character (She would help Spider-Man during some parts)
Movie #8 - Spider-Man and Venom against Carnage, Venom would die at the end.
Movie #9 - Adaptation of Kraven's Last Hunt, Peter would have to use the symbiote again to defeat Kraven

But as it would be quite impossible, I would like to see Green Goblin on #3 and Doc Ock or Vulture on #4 leading to the Sinister Six on #5 in case it happens.

Sym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #34
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

ASM3 - Vulture and Green Goblin
(the next few can be interchanged. idc.)
ASM4 - Mysterio and Chameleon
ASM5 - Kraven and Black Cat
(in the background of 3, 4 and possibly 5 symbiote and black suit is introduced)
Venom - Spider-Man and Carnage
ASM6 - Doc Ock and Sinister Six (Electro, Vulture, Rhino, Kraven, Mysterio, Ock)
ASM7 - Tombstone and/or Kingpin and Silvermane

Old 09-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #35
Super Jim
Side-Kick

^ Well, they have shown that right now they are only looking at the 4 movies. And we know that the Goblin will be highlighted in at least number 3, if not both 3 and 4. He will likely even get a quick scene where he drops something at the end of #2.

As I've said elsewhere, there are two ways they can go. One is with Green Goblin being taken down in #3 and then Doc Ock, a character introduced in #3 would bring together the Sinister Six in #4; or they could forgo Doc Ock and make the Goblin the leader of the Sinister Six. If you really look at the signs, this is what seems more likely, that Goblin will be the leader of the Six, which means possibly no Doc Ock, or he'll just me a member of the Six.

Also we know they are trying to go bigger and badder with this series, which again is 4 movies. So the final movie will likely be the biggest one. Which means a build up in number 2, to what quite possibly will be a part 1 (movie #3) and a part 2 (movie #4). The fact that they expanded to 4 films kind of shows this possibility, that they are putting into two movies what they were going to put in 1.

So, instead of giving you what I would like to see, I'll give you what we will likely be given:

ASM3 - Depends which way they go. One way is Goblin is defeated leading to a Doc Ock lead Sinister Six in #4. Likely is Sinister Six formed (with Goblin as the leader, Rhino = muscle, Vulture = flight, and 3 others, possibly Electro will be back, Lizard could be reused and Black Cat could be "somewhat on the baddie's side", Black Cat will be featured as both a "villain" and a "love interest" for Peter (kind of). So, which villain will be defeated (you always need at least one)? I'd say Rhino.

ASM4 - Sinister Six will be defeated. Spidey will need help from Black Cat (and possibly others). Symbiote suit could even be used (experiment in a lab as Oscorp, invented by some dude names Otto). One easier way to get through six is to spread it out over two movies (a Sinister Six part 1 and a Sinister Six part 2). But also they could use some characters in the Sinister Six that would "switch" sides and either leave or take out one of the other Six. For example, Black Cat could switch sides and take out one of the Six (which really takes care of 2) and/or the Lizard (Connors), who is being forced to work for Osborn, could either just slink away or take out one of the Six and then escape. Both of these results in a two for one, meaning there would only be 2 baddies left. Spidey takes out the 5th and then goes after the Goblin for revenge.

At this point they will likely need to recast the characters. The year would be 2017/2018 so maybe a new Peter and a new MJ. Maybe not, but at some point Gerfield is gonna be done with all of this and after movie #4 would be the best time to make the changes.

TASM5: Doc Ock (if he wasn't used as part of the S6) and the symbiote. Venom is created!

TASM6: Venom. He's in Ravencroft at the end. A post credit scene shows him locked up and a small piece of the symbiote splicing off of him and crawling it's way to the next cell, which houses the insane Cletus Cassidy, who is rambling about wanting the power and teaching the world a lesson, stuff like that. He sees the symbiote offspring, stops rambling and smiles. Fade to black...

TASM7: Maximum Carnage. Spidey will need to break Venom out of prison in order to take down Carnage. Could use Shriek here as the pycho girlfriend of Carnage.

At this point the year would be 2024, so who knows what will happen after.

So many places to go at that point. Agree that Kraven's last hunt would be a great story. I would tie in Chameleon since they are brothers.

Morbius would be another good one, but the whole vampire thing is a bit over the top.

Then there is Scorpion, Sandman, Tombstone, Silverman, Shocker, Mysterio (who really deserves a movie) and so many more. The material allows this universe to just keep going, and we're not even getting into possible crossovers with the F4.

Hopefully they won't screw up, but so far Sony has a better track record than Fox (in spite of Spider-Man 3), so fingers crossed!

Old 09-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #36
Sym
Side-Kick

I think if they want to make more than 4 films they should start filming them back-to-back before the actors are too old, in couples so they can see the result of the films before starting shooting another one.

Sym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:30 AM   #37
Uncle Radiation
Side-Kick

Neither of my favorite Spidey villains have made it to the big screen yet...

Uncle Radiation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 01:49 PM   #38
Zantera
Side-Kick

I'd love to see either Mysterio or Vulture.

Zantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:48 PM   #39
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

I feel like we're getting the sinister six for TASM3 and that's that. Electro and Rhino will probably return.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:41 PM   #40
LEGO Spidey
Side-Kick

Mysterio, with maybe a side of Vulture. Or skip the introductions and go the Sinister Six route, but Mysterio has to be in there. Peter's status quo post-ASM2 is full of possibilities for a master of illusions to dig into.

Plus, the CGI spectacle. Won't somebody please think of the CGI spectacle?

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes!!!
LEGO Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:25 PM   #41
BRAB
Eaten by the Lizard Guy

How do you do Mysterio in a modern context in a spiderman sequel? Maybe pull something sciency? Brainwaves? It'll be weird if he was all like, "That Gwen you saw, she was a robot! Ah ha! My plan is coming to fruition!" But if he actually made Peter see, feel and think something was there, could be super cool

BRAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:10 AM   #42
Picard Sisko

I think Mysterio should have his USM design, and brainwaves could work. The illusions and holograms would be really corny on screen.

But I feel like they need a more serious villain this time that they can flesh out. They chose Electro for spectacle and that clearly doesn't work that well in terms of characterization.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 04-20-2014, 09:16 AM   #43
BRAB
Eaten by the Lizard Guy

What is the story with Chameleon? Barely ever heard of him, would he be a good villian?

Old 04-20-2014, 09:49 AM   #44
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAB View Post
What is the story with Chameleon? Barely ever heard of him, would he be a good villian?
He is supposed to be Kraven's half brother, but otherwise he isn't very complex. He served as the Gentleman's right hand man in the S6 novels so I think he could play a small role in the film series.

Old 04-20-2014, 11:35 AM   #45
Blue Moon
Side-Kick

I would like to see Mysterio and Chameleon and the Spider-Slayers under the Gentleman & Alistar Smythe. Chameleon and Mysterio could work well because both are masters of disguise and deception and don't really have a 'personal' connection to Peter like Dr.Connors, Doc Ock, Harry. After ASM2, Peter should throw himself into Spidey at the expense of his personal well-being. I'd like to see Peter at his emotional limit dealing with Mysterio and Chameleon throwing his personal tragedies back at him while pushed to his physical limit fighting the Spider-Slayers.

Post ASM3, it should be Sinister Six>>ASM4>>Venom in that order.
So for the Six movie, Chameleon / Mysterio / Rhino / Electro / Doc Ock / Black Cat and their goal is to steal the symbiote, which Black Cat and Spidey foil.
In ASM4, the Six form again but this time to solely kill Spider-Man. This version would be Doc Ock / Goblin / Electro / Rhino / Alistar Smythe mutated / Vulture. Spidey uses the symbiote to defeat them, leading into a proper Venom film.

Last edited by Blue Moon; 04-20-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Blue Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:23 PM   #46
Picard Sisko

Based on what we know, it does sound like the S6 will be in TASM3. So the question is: which villains will make up the team?

So far I think we have Electro and Rhino locked in. Harry-Goblin is a big maybe, but I'm assuming his role in TASM2 was meant to introduce him for the purpose of the S6.

We also have the Vulture and Doc Ock tentacles appearing in TASM2, so assuming they will be a part of the team, that gives us 5 villains: Electro, Rhino, Goblin, Vulture, and Doc Ock. Who takes the #6 spot?

-------

Of course it's possible that they will just further hint at the S6 in TASM3 and focus on 1-2 villains, but overall I can't really see them going in any other direction other than the S6 at this point.

Last edited by Picard Sisko; 04-20-2014 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:40 PM   #47
BRAB
Eaten by the Lizard Guy

Isn't there an actual movie planned for 2018 called the sinister six though?

Old 04-20-2014, 12:50 PM   #48
Picard Sisko

Yes, but it's possible they will have the S6 in both TASM3 and in their own spin-off.

Old 04-20-2014, 01:24 PM   #49
Harry Dresden
Side-Kick

Mysterio

Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:21 PM   #50
Zantera
Side-Kick

Personally I don't get the speculation for TASM3 having Sinister Six. That kinda defeats the purpose of the spin-off movie, doesn't it? To me it would be more logical to continue setting up villains for S6 in TASM3, then you have the spin-off with S6 forming, and then in TASM4 you have Spidey fight S6.

If they introduce S6 in TASM3 already, what's the point of the spin-off?

Zantera is offline   Reply With Quote