Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 08-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #3
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 3

I don't see anyone forgetting about it. But this is a "what have you done for me lately" entertainment medium and so far Disney hasn't done much. Abrams came on board to direct almost a year ago. Kennedy was hired before that. Should we still be signing praises for it a year later? Heck no.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 08-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #4
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 4

Love that new thread smell.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #5
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Love that new thread smell.
Yes. If you love the smell of s**t.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
georgec
Not a hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Pee yewsah!

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #7
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Have faith dano, Have faith.

I just can't explain it either (though all the choices so far creatively have been great to me), I have a very good feeling about Episode VII. To me they got no where to go but up. And I'm sure you're nephews will be thrilled. I'm taking my little nephew who is 4 now to see it when it comes out.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #8
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #9
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Have faith dano, Have faith.

I just can't explain it either (though all the choices so far creatively have been great to me), I have a very good feeling about Episode VII. To me they got no where to go but up. And I'm sure you're nephews will be thrilled. I'm taking my little nephew who is 4 now to see it when it comes out.
Same. I think it's going to be huge! She claims the SW brand won't be enough. I'm not so sure about that.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:55 PM   #10
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

NEW THREAD! e

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:55 PM   #11
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:

Old 08-10-2013, 07:55 PM   #12
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

I think Episode 7 is going to be huge but I honestly see it coming in third behind AoU and WF when it comes to BO gross. That's just me, though.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #13
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
I think Episode 7 is going to be huge but I honestly see it coming in third behind AoU and WF when it comes to BO gross. That's just me, though.
I think it will be ahead of WF, but TA2 could be a battle. Episode VII will be a little bit like Begins where it has a lot to prove to fans that were pushed away from SW because of the PT. There is stuff to prove with it for sure. But at the same time, I think once the trailers start going (if this good team creates good quality which I'm sure they will) people will maybe see differently.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #14
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

I wonder how this will fare with teenagers. Many of my friends haven't seen SW and some think it's for Nerds and Geeks, but I feel like it will be a huge hit with my friends.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #15
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
I think it will be ahead of WF, but TA2 could be a battle. Episode VII will be a little bit like Begins where it has a lot to prove to fans that were pushed away from SW because of the PT. There is stuff to prove with it for sure. But at the same time, I think once the trailers start going (if this good team creates good quality which I'm sure they will) people will maybe see differently.
Same.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #16
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I'm still hugely optimistic about EVII because of the people involved and my love for the OT.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #17
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

So if the theme park sites are calling it right, this whole "Orange Harvest" thing is about new SW stuff that will be opening at Disneyland. Not Disney World, which needs it more. Sigh...

Old 08-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #18
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
I wonder how this will fare with teenagers. Many of my friends haven't seen SW and some think it's for Nerds and Geeks, but I feel like it will be a huge hit with my friends.
Yes, sci-fi movies normally have that stigma. Especially SW. More people are open to seeing cbms but when it comes to SW, it's because they think they're too nerdy and long. But we'll see how that changes, if it does at all.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:01 PM   #19
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Yes, sci-fi movies normally have that stigma. Especially SW. More people are open to seeing cbms but when it comes to SW, it's because they think they're too nerdy and long. But we'll see how that changes, if it does at all.
Yep, Superheroes are the cool nerdy things now. Star Trek is a lot more nerdier to my friends than Star wars though.

Old 08-10-2013, 08:01 PM   #20
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Well I'm hoping for the best, so if you're right it would be great. I definitely see AoU being the highest grossing(maybe, WF or Ep 7 could change that persective).

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:01 PM   #21
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

"Long"? SW movies are the normal 2 hour fare.

Old 08-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #22
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
"Long"? SW movies are the normal 2 hour fare.
Yes, but the time frames have nothing to do with how people perceive them. If someone is uninterested in a movie, it will seem a lot longer than it actually is.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #23
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I've heard many criticisms of Star Wars, but never that they were too long. This is a first for me.

Old 08-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #24
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Yep, Superheroes are the cool nerdy things now. Star Trek is a lot more nerdier to my friends than Star wars though.
True, because even when I was into SW back then I still thought ST was too nerdy for me.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #25
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I've heard many criticisms of Star Wars, but never that they were too long. This is a first for me.
Oh wow, I've heard it many times. I guess it depends on who you talk to in a situation like that.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Closed Thread