The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episode VII

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #76
KillerCarlson
Side-Kick

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 4

Personally the lack of news points to problems behind the scenes. If there weren't any, disney would be all over this. It just doesnt make any sense for them not to be building up anticipation for this movie, Star Wars' universe on film if done right would absolutely trounce Marvel's universe. So the only thing to me that makes sense, is there are problems and they are trying to get this right. So, they have to maybe push the film back. This thing is suppose to start filming in Jan. It's almost september. And no cast has been announced. That alone points to have some worry about the 2015 date.

Old 08-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #77
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCarlson View Post
Personally the lack of news points to problems behind the scenes. If there weren't any, disney would be all over this. It just doesnt make any sense for them not to be building up anticipation for this movie, Star Wars' universe on film if done right would absolutely trounce Marvel's universe. So the only thing to me that makes sense, is there are problems and they are trying to get this right. So, they have to maybe push the film back. This thing is suppose to start filming in Jan. It's almost september. And no cast has been announced. That alone points to have some worry about the 2015 date.
No it doesn't. The problem is with the internet/social media age we expect news every five seconds. And if we don't get it this same thing happens every time. It did with Nolan's Trilogy, it happened with Raimi's trilogy, X-Men (just on these boards) It is a cyclical thing. There is no news, then everyone just jumps the gun and says....oh it points to only one thing, problems with production. No there are a million other reasons but no one on the internet wants to look at any of them because everyone likes to induce panic and expect worse case scenario every time. Everyone becomes an expert on production from a negative standpoint the second something like this happens.

Horn would not have again said Summer 2015 (he made sure to re-iterate it yesterday) if they were unsure. They just would not. I remember when Ledger died and how many jumped the gun, the film is doomed, they have to re-cast, scrap it (even though filming was done).

The internet never changes, it's cyclical. Then once we get news everyone forgets about all the "doom and gloom" then when the sequel comes out the cycle starts again and panic ensues.

Old 08-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #78
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

One thing I look back at now, is that we knew nothing would be at D23. Iger tried to start some hype but remember a month ago I kept posting that press release from LFL saying that they would not have any Episode VII stuff at D23 or SDCC. But that left Celebration which they did give us some news, small but it was news. So ya, I think LFL was not lying to us, just Iger tried to do something or mis-communicated. The press release from early July was pretty explanatory that nothing at D23, and SDCC. So really….there is nothing wrong they just never were going to do it. Just some confusion happened and made people think there was including me. I should have just continued to listen to the Press Release.

Old 08-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #79
green

Im disappointed we haven't heard much so far but it is JJ. He's notorious for holding back so not surprised really.

*\S/T*
Old 08-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #80
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=12986

Some big news may be about to hit.

Possible damage control for yesterday?

Hildago who is the Cannon guy for LFL tweeted I guess that there is no problems/secrets. That when casting happens it will be announced. Simple as that I guess.

Old 08-11-2013, 05:22 PM   #81
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm always weary of any "An announcement is coming!" news. Usually when someone says that, nothing happens. Usually...

Old 08-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #82
MagnarTheGreat
Searching with Jade

Their announcement/rumor is that Ian McDiarmid (Palpatine) is in Episode VII.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:28 PM   #83
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
Their announcement/rumor is that Ian McDiarmid (Palpatine) is in Episode VII.
No many are getting that confused. There has been rumor for a while of a Darth Plageius spin-off (who is Palpatine's mentor) and that's what it's for if anything. But it's a baseless rumor. There is rumor for everything. And TFN has been going crazy with it for a while.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:28 PM   #84
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Sigh...

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 08-11-2013, 06:31 PM   #85
MagnarTheGreat
Searching with Jade

Anything other than a flashback would be ridiculous if such a thing were to be true. I'm hoping someone didn't have the instruction manual for "how to make a sucky movie" by bringing back previous characters and/or their clones and their children for a soup of suck.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #86
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

I'm going to bet 20 bucks no. Just like every other hundreds of films that I've followed, someone starts a rumor that will piss people off, read my posts above. It's hogwash. But why bother? People will freak out about something until the films release.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #87
MagnarTheGreat
Searching with Jade

Today is Ian McDiarmid's birthday.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #88
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
Anything other than a flashback would be ridiculous if such a thing were to be true. I'm hoping someone didn't have the instruction manual for "how to make a sucky movie" by bringing back previous characters and/or their clones and their children for a soup of suck.
I would be fine with a flashback, it's not going to be "Dark Empire" clone stuff. I'll guarantee that. So many ripped on that story line I doubt they would ever do that. But if he is a ghost/hologram/flashback, that kind of stuff does not bug me at all. Even if this is remotely true, it's probably more so for the spin-off I mentioned.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #89
MagnarTheGreat
Searching with Jade

I put holo-Sidious archive footage in the same category as a flashback. It serves essentially the same purpose with a reduced point-of-view.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #90
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Ya that kind of stuff is fine.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #91
NewYorkSpider
Heart Of Steel

I'm fine with a flashback. Just as long as it's simple and doesn't mess around with the previous movies.

Old 08-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #92
SuperJediHero
Mind BLOWN!!!

Can anyone tell me if there are any interesting news on Orange Harvest? Are there photos/videos of the reveal?

Old 08-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #93
MistaBinks
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCarlson View Post
Yeah, if we were coming off the OT. You are absolutely right. But we arent. There is so much ill will towards the last installments you CANT afford to not take opportunities to build positive buzz. That is why this hurts them.
I don't know. For all the 'negative buzz' regarding TPM, there was a ton of enthusiasm, long lines, costumes etc for the midnight premiere of TPM3D. The Internet community is loud but doesn't always represent the general audience. I'll go as far as to say that ROTS was well received.

Old 08-11-2013, 10:48 PM   #94
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Not for AOTC. AOTC was actually a huge step back in terms of BO numbers, and TPM was a result of that. And the PT never made the money (after inflation) that the OT did. And there was never the hype again that there was before TPM came out. And with any Star Wars thing there will always be the hardcore there no matter what. However again the PT super lovers are part of that Internet loud community, they are not as huge as they think just like the extremes on the other side about "childhood problems". The problem is with a lot of the GA Star Wars in general has faded to them, and a lot of it was because the PT did not have the endearing aspect to many as the OT did.

Regardless of any of that in the fanbase there is a huge split. Unlike any other fanbase. So there needs to be a unification so to speak. Yes you can never have 100% of everyone's love you never will. But the split is bigger then most and needs to be brought back to what it was prior to TPM.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:18 PM   #95
Soapy
It's happening again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaBinks View Post
I don't know. For all the 'negative buzz' regarding TPM, there was a ton of enthusiasm, long lines, costumes etc for the midnight premiere of TPM3D. The Internet community is loud but doesn't always represent the general audience. I'll go as far as to say that ROTS was well received.
I would say that cosplayers at a midnight premier don't represent the general audience either.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:30 PM   #96
MistaBinks
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
I would say that cosplayers at a midnight premier don't represent the general audience either.
True but its a great sign that young people would dress up and attend a midnight screening of a movie they probably own on DVD and probably just bought on blu-ray. A movie that is supposedly bad and unpopular. Of course the peope in costumes were just a portion of the people in attendance.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:33 PM   #97
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaBinks View Post
True but its a great sign that young people would dress up and attend a midnight screening of a movie they probably own on DVD and probably just bought on blu-ray. A movie that is supposedly bad and unpopular. Of course the peope in costumes were just a portion of the people in attendance.
The thing is that, I don't think that's a great gauge to judge the consensus; the perspective on this isn't open enough. It's like looking at a huge line at a Board Game expo and you as a fan thinking "Wow it's so mainstream now!"

The prequels is polarizing, and continue to be till this very day. They live in the shadow of the pop cultural colossus that was the original films. It's not just a status or nostalgic thing either.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:53 PM   #98
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

https://twitter.com/BurnettRM/status/366775245027282944

Old 08-12-2013, 12:03 AM   #99
georgec
Not a hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Interesting if true. Let the speculation begin, I guess.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:04 AM   #100
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Eh I knew the second that there was a lack of news (fallout of D23), everyone would have a "source" of production delays. It happens like clockwork. We shall see. But I still don't think Horn would have even said anything if it truly was the case.